ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November - Setlist, Photos and Reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd November 2006 10:19 AM
nankerphelge that's beautiful!

"You let me in theater NOW!"

[Edited by nankerphelge]
2nd November 2006 10:27 AM
jb Looks like a great set-list, however, too many real fans were shut out, yet others got in twice. The whole process was handled very poorly. The fact that they actually pulled it off does not in any way mitigate the total lack of respect they have shown for their fans. I am not all that disappointed I missed it.
2nd November 2006 10:32 AM
glencar I got to see Sunday's show so it's not that disappointing for me but Joshy, I feel terrible for you. You had one of the worst weeks possible for a die hard. I guess you're done?
2nd November 2006 10:34 AM
Nellcote Sounds like a Wicked Pissa show.
Thanks for sharing the photos, reivews.

Bingo's post on pg. 11 of this thread, about the hijiknks outside, however, does cap the events of the past week.
On many levels, it does give the impression of a public relation machine in need of a captain. This describes modern day Rolling Stones effectively, which is a very sad state of affairs, IMHO.
2nd November 2006 10:35 AM
glencar Well, which VIP's got in? Was it the same cmlebs as the other night?
2nd November 2006 10:37 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I got to see Sunday's show so it's not that disappointing for me but Joshy, I feel terrible for you. You had one of the worst weeks possible for a die hard. I guess you're done?

Yep...and Iwould be less than honest if I said I was not bitter at the moment.
2nd November 2006 10:38 AM
glencar And no one could blame you.
2nd November 2006 10:38 AM
glencar I think the worst part was when they would drive you to AC to meet your friends.
2nd November 2006 10:41 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think the worst part was when they would drive you to AC to meet your friends.

I would have gone, but they arranged a party with free drinks, food, and stones items.....I enjoyed saying hello to you and LJ.
2nd November 2006 10:42 AM
glencar Joshy, please consider AC in 2 weeks! I think they'll really make it up to us.
2nd November 2006 10:42 AM
glencar You're one of my favorites to meet & this will certainly be "the last time" for me.
2nd November 2006 10:51 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're one of my favorites to meet & this will certainly be "the last time" for me.

Thanks.....do you know whatever happened to Latin heart throb Ricky martin of Menudo/Living La Vida Loca fame?
2nd November 2006 10:53 AM
SweetVirginia JB I'm so sorry your shows on this leg of the tour have turned out this way.

FWIW, Mick did seem to be fighting some sort of respiratory infection. With better PR, this all would not have been quite so bad. They did not handle it well.

Good thing they let Cy Wong in or we'd be even more angry.

SV
2nd November 2006 10:56 AM
nankerphelge The fake ID:

2nd November 2006 10:57 AM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
JB I'm so sorry your shows on this leg of the tour have turned out this way.

FWIW, Mick did seem to be fighting some sort of respiratory infection. With better PR, this all would not have been quite so bad. They did not handle it well.

Good thing they let Cy Wong in or we'd be even more angry.

SV

Who is Cy Wong? Also, even before AC/Beacon, tour was not going smooth. To have them finish their career playing to 1/2 empty stadiums is inexcusable. People talk about future tours, but imo, they have irreperably damged their product and I don't see the demand anywhere outside of a few major cities.
2nd November 2006 11:01 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Who is Cy Wong? Also, even before AC/Beacon, tour was not going smooth. To have them finish their career playing to 1/2 empty stadiums is inexcusable. People talk about future tours, but imo, they have irreperably damged their product and I don't see the demand anywhere outside of a few major cities.

Excellent points. This is it. I was hoping so anyway as they've gotten really old really fast. Keith looked much better at the Beacon but seeing him at Soldier Field was eye-opening.
2nd November 2006 11:01 AM
glencar Why did TomL need to go in as Cy Wong? Didn't he already have a ticket?
2nd November 2006 11:20 AM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The fake ID:

I'm gonna get fired!!!!!!!!!

And so are YOU, Nanky! My crystal ball sees you on a googling frenzy!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
2nd November 2006 11:37 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, please consider AC in 2 weeks! I think they'll really make it up to us.
You're one of my favorites to meet & this will certainly be "the last time" for me.

I really hope you make it back to AC too, Josh. I'll wrap my coat around ya and keep ya from harm.
2nd November 2006 11:39 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The fake ID:

LMFAO. I thought Tom was lookin' kinda inscrutable last night!
2nd November 2006 11:46 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
pdog wrote:

I go there about every two months!
Myspace is a little gay, no?

That photo, LOL. I agree. There's just something about it.
[Edited by ComeAsYouAre]
2nd November 2006 11:52 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
throbby wrote:
What a show! Charlie was a monster, wasn't he Max!

I'm happy to report that Saint Sway made it in.

I am SO happy Saint Sway got in!
And Throbby, you and Luxury looked mah-velous last night!
Glad you got a great show...CONNECTION!...and Buddy Guy to boot! It don't get much better than that, folks!

2nd November 2006 11:54 AM
pdog Nice vids in that photobucket link...
I must see pics of Throbster and Luxurious, I'm not feeling bad enough today about myself...LOL!
2nd November 2006 11:58 AM
jb I would be less than honest saying thay i resented the fact some got in twicw, while so many others could not get in at all...they hire a bunch of fake fans , and like the GITDW promo, it will reflect same on film....Everyone knows that there are not too many hot looking 18-20 year old babes following the Stones...what a mockery.
2nd November 2006 12:08 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
I would be less than honest saying thay i resented the fact some got in twicw, while so many others could not get in at all...they hire a bunch of fake fans , and like the GITDW promo, it will reflect same on film....Everyone knows that there are not too many hot looking 18-20 year old babes following the Stones...what a mockery.

We do have Slavegirl around here from time to time, she qualifies! With a little work, they could've found a way to get her and others like her in as extras....
2nd November 2006 12:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I am SO happy Saint Sway got in!

I cut it down to the wire... but after running down to times square to get a fake id and then emptying my bank account I eventually got my ass in the building!

walked right thru the door around 9:20 and saw Throbby, turned around and saw Billy Gibbons right behind him! Thought for sure he'd sit in... (Gibbons, not Throbby)

scored a sweet seat in the 5th row of the loge right over the stage. Amazing seats. The band was so close!! Bumped into my old pal Charley Drayton and had a surreal moment as we were talking during the band intros and Keith gave a shout out to the Wino's

amazing time. Each song was better than the last. sweated my ass off from freaking out and singing the whole show

best stones show ever!! (and I've seen some great ones)

worth every stupid penny and the ulcer and stress I had for days worrying how I was gonna get in

the Mick/Keith moment during FAE alone was worth it. It was easily the coolest moment I've ever seen. That is definately making the film!

2nd November 2006 12:29 PM
parmeda
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Do it!!!!!!!!!!

Blonde hair, blue eyed, Mr Wong!!!!!!!

rotflmfao.

I gotta email Parmeda!!!!!

LJ.

OMG...thanks for the heads-up!

Where in the fuck is Wong anyway???
I would have paid to just stand out in front of the Beacon to watch him pull this off, rotflmao

I want details!

"WAKE THE FUCK UP, WONG!"
2nd November 2006 12:32 PM
Saint Sway I went in as a Mexican gentleman named J. Martinez

the guy checking the list took one look at the I.D. and said: "put that shit away"
2nd November 2006 12:33 PM
Egbert
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Blonde hair, blue eyed, Mr Wong!!!!!!!

LOL - at least Tom brings the squinty eyes!
2nd November 2006 12:34 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I cut it down to the wire... but after running down to times square to get a fake id and then emptying my bank account I eventually got my ass in the building!

walked right thru the door around 9:20 and saw Throbby, turned around and saw Billy Gibbons right behind him! Thought for sure he'd sit in... (Gibbons, not Throbby)

scored a sweet seat in the 5th row of the loge right over the stage. Amazing seats. The band was so close!! Bumped into my old pal Charley Drayton and had a surreal moment as we were talking during the band intros and Keith gave a shout out to the Wino's

amazing time. Each song was better than the last. sweated my ass off from freaking out and singing the whole show

best stones show ever!! (and I've seen some great ones)

worth every stupid penny and the ulcer and stress I had for days worrying how I was gonna get in

the Mick/Keith moment during FAE alone was worth it. It was easily the coolest moment I've ever seen. That is definately making the film!

Congrats. . .that's awesome that you made it in!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)