ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November - Setlist, Photos and Reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd November 2006 03:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Ticket was wasted....Pug 's efforts were in vain.

thats so lame.

you had a Stones DREAM TICKET and you tossed it away. Why wouldnt you offer it to someone here???

absolutely inexcusable

if I had a ticket and couldnt go I'd definately find someone to give it to. Never in a million years would I just stuff in my pocket and head home on a plane

Pug hooked you up big time. You should of done the same for someone else!!

whatever happened to "making dreams come true"????

[Edited by Saint Sway]
2nd November 2006 03:07 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've done plenty of nice things for other fans. I rarely post about it though since the point of charity/helping isn't to brag about it. Actually I got my entry because I had earlier given chevysales half my room in AC. He in turn offered me the ticket when he scored 2. I was ecstatic to get in & I'm glad everyone else did.

That's what I consider karma to be!
2nd November 2006 03:11 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Like a give a flying fuck what you think ...and you have no clue what I have done for others here.
[Edited by jb]

good for you

it was a lame move not to hook someone else up with the ticket. Even if you sold it for 3 grand. Someone would of loved to have that ticket and you just tossed in the trash.

beyond lame
2nd November 2006 03:12 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

good for you

it was a lame move not to hook someone else up with the ticket. Even if you sold it for 3 grand. Someone would of loved to have that ticket and you just tossed in the trash.

beyond lame

Like I really care...
2nd November 2006 03:13 PM
pdog When you guys fight, I start playing with dolls and dress in girls clothing!
2nd November 2006 03:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Like I really care...

obviously you don't

your actions speak loudly
2nd November 2006 03:15 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
When you guys fight, I start playing with dolls and dress in girls clothing!

LOL!!!
2nd November 2006 03:17 PM
pdog You make Bucky's son drink!
2nd November 2006 03:39 PM
Fiji Joe Boy...he's really cyber-noogied jb

2nd November 2006 03:56 PM
chevysales
quote:
Bingo wrote:

I went to The Beacon tonight, and went expecting not to get in. I have NO axe to grind what so ever, I didn't get in and that's that. I waited with about 30 other people since 3pm.

I will tell you what I witnessed with my own eyes. People working what seemed to be in The Rolling Stones camp, I won't describe the people, but I'll describe what went on.

Let's remember all tix had to be picked up two days ago, so no one was coming tonight to pick up tickets, and if they were, which I believe was not the case, they would have went to the ticket window.

Anyway, I saw this person come out repeatedly and proceed to give fresh green wristbands and tickets to approximatly 15 different people.

We the people, waiting on line were told NO TICKETS, yet this person would walk his friends/associates a half block from the Beacon and give them tickets and wristbands.

There was something going on with mysterious extra tickets, yet, not one went to anybody lined up outside.

As I said, I have no axe to grind, I'm not making any of this up, I'm telling one side of the coin, the side I saw. I have no Idea what went on, but it didn't seem to be kosher.

I had a great time tonight sharing a few beers with a couple from Germany who came over to see the AC show on friday. I really feel for them, their only purpose of flying over here was to see the AC show.

Oh, there were two lines to get in, The VIP's and the internet folks.....the VIP's went in at a clip of 2-1 over the internet folks. Lots of "vip's"

I think they need to listen to a song they wrote long ago, they must feel uncomfortable when they hear it........Salt of the Earth.

it has been like that for all club shows for sometime now.

i believe as rumor has it head of security jim callahan (if thats his last name) was let go mid licks tour for doing just that at europe club shows. he was head of security for u2 i believe last tour.
i met him in hartford and he was "real" nice to my wife and i.
2nd November 2006 04:00 PM
SweetVirginia Few more pix:

2nd November 2006 04:01 PM
SweetVirginia One more with Buddy:

2nd November 2006 04:08 PM
jaggergurl swoon! Thank you for the pics everyone!!
2nd November 2006 04:08 PM
Saint Sway did Keith spark a doob during Champagne & Reefer?
2nd November 2006 04:14 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:

Me too!
2nd November 2006 04:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot >That's what I consider karma to be!<

Me too. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Glenny was a good person, and when the time came, he got paid back with interest. And that is as it should be.

It also tells me that our little community takes care of it's own. And that is as it should be too. Good folks generate good karma, and that good karma comes back to pay off in good ways later.

2nd November 2006 04:49 PM
speedfreakjive dunno what it sounded like but f**k it! this show seems to have made up for the Tour so far ; if you believe the critics that is!

speedy
2nd November 2006 05:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
2nd November 2006 05:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
2nd November 2006 06:05 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thats awesome! We needed some real fans in that section! Thank god she was there to represent!

It was so phony and staged looking with all those models dolled up down there. Thats the area that all the Shidoobee winners should of been placed

You should have seen how wooden it was on Sunday... The kids last night at least rocked out. I heard from some true fans that were placed down there (all 3 of them) that there was actually little acting involved and that the people around them were really into the show. One of the models they hired fainted - I guess she only ate half of her lettuce leaf.
2nd November 2006 06:34 PM
Promo A good time was had by all...
2nd November 2006 07:17 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
A LOVELY bunch of videos posted by VCreagle at Shidoobee!

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/VCreagle/?action=view¤t=astearsgoby.flv

Online:
Far Away Eyes
As tears go by
Satisfaction
Start me up
Honky Tonk Women
Connection
I'm Free
All Down the Line

Thank you, Fotini. And thank you VCreagle. Gorgeous photographs too!

And SV, thank you so much for posting all those beautiful photos!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
2nd November 2006 07:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>That's what I consider karma to be!<

Me too. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Glenny was a good person, and when the time came, he got paid back with interest. And that is as it should be.

It also tells me that our little community takes care of it's own. And that is as it should be too. Good folks generate good karma, and that good karma comes back to pay off in good ways later.

I've liked everyone I've met... ALOT!!!
2nd November 2006 08:14 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

THIS is what it's all about.

I just booked a flight to Philly for the AC rescheduled show.

Can't stay away from my friends.

LJ.

Now THAT'S what I'M talkin 'bout!
Thanks for bringing in the setlist, LJ, and thanks MEG for bringing in the pics!
2nd November 2006 09:01 PM
TomL WoW. Six straight nights of drunkiness since AC. I can't even think straight. I got to wait till a day or two to give a review. I'm gonna pay for this one. Thanks so much for the support SV, Scope, Maxy, and GTRM(so sorry for u. That was a long train ride home. Thanks for the call Meg I was beat. Thanks for the three way LJ and Nanky. It was nice throbby and Lux again. Scpoe it's Soi. New Hyde Park baby. Congrats to J Martinz too. Boomy I got threw two chech points and at the third i thought I was done. He asked me who bought the tix so I just mumbled. He said who bought the tix, I said in a snappy voice Soi FUCKING Wong. He said ok man I'm just doing my job. Mt heart was in my throat for two days though. They even made the id for me. I gotta crash. The show was great I could see throbby, scope and maxy rocking the whole time. SV I was the same row as you but did not see you. I saw Little Steven walk out after the show. Plus as an added bonus for Joey I saw Flavor Flav at the Hard Rock Tuesday night, gold teef and all. I just wish Paris would of done Live With Me. I got to go, I am my wifes slave now for awhile. But I can always go to Chinatown and become a cook. Hey Scope-11040. Thanks guys. What a great group of people to be around.
2nd November 2006 09:17 PM
chevysales
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Let's hope Mick's vocal cords recover by then, because the band may have something to prove. I havent seen the article myself, but the NY Daily News (I think it was that one) has a so-so review of the show last night, complete with "over the hill" references and photo-shopped pics of the band members heads on wheelchair victims...ouch!

yep it was a chop job on the pic and not good at all.
2nd November 2006 09:27 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

HELL YEAH!
2nd November 2006 10:15 PM
Bruno
Ronnie, that is a beautiful slide!
2nd November 2006 11:12 PM
Altamont Loving Cup with Jack White!

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/VCreagle/Videos/?action=view¤t=LovingCupwithJackWhite.flv&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch8
2nd November 2006 11:43 PM
Paranoid_Android GRACIOUS!!! SweetVirginia...What an amazing show you must have had!!!! Those pix are AMAZING!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)