ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones petition Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
10-25-02 03:20 PM
sasca Please come to www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/chlorinedreammadstifledwitness/
and sign the petition to have the investigation into the death of Brian Jones re-opened.

Thank-you.
10-25-02 03:25 PM
stonesmik I'll sign the petition if you show me the certificate of your sane mind. Why don't you investigate yourself?
10-25-02 03:38 PM
Nellcote WTF?

Not this dribble again....

Yes, I will verify, he is dead.
He is not coming back.
Come back to us when his family wants this investigation.
Then, you may get someone to listen.

Otherwise, go roll a big fatty, put on Satanic, have a good time in Brian's memory....
10-25-02 06:12 PM
Miss U.
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
WTF?

Not this dribble again....

Yes, I will verify, he is dead.
He is not coming back.
Come back to us when his family wants this investigation.
Then, you may get someone to listen.

Otherwise, go roll a big fatty, put on Satanic, have a good time in Brian's memory....

Fuck off. Many have signed. If you have so little respect, don't sign.
10-25-02 07:44 PM
gypsy No need to get snippy...
10-25-02 08:20 PM
Martha Hey Gypsy...as always it's great to see you on the board.

I think the term "respect" is being used very loosely...very loosely indeed. Whadda you think?

By the way, where DO you get that certificate for having a sane mind??????????????????

10-25-02 09:31 PM
Nellcote Miss U;

A little in a tiff are we? Resorting to vulgarity, himm, most becoming. Look, just present a signed letter from the Jones family authorizing this witch hunt, I'll go away quietly. Otherwise, this is bordering on harrasment to their family. If they want part of it, they will initiate it themselves. Otherwise, take your Olympic torch and go towards some worthy cause, such as freeing the Chechens, or saving the starving in Sudan.

Get Off My Cloud, in other words....
10-26-02 12:02 AM
Pants Make the Man I signed it, sasca! I'm just not sure that Brian is resting peacefully.
10-26-02 02:01 AM
gypsymofo60 What I see here, is a little terrier dog suffering OCD, tangling with a bone that is just totaly out of it's league. While your at it how about a petition to empty Morisson's bath, re-position Hendrix's sleeping body, better still a petition to re-open a case that really needs to be re-opened-Who killed JFK, RFK, and a host of other truly bizzare cases?.........By the way! What is The Jones families response to your little on-going crusade?
10-26-02 02:13 AM
Jaxx it has crossed my mind that BJ's death was no accident, but we have to remember he was a party animal extraordinaire...booze and pills and fri(ed) days--he was on a major downward spiral when he died.

isn't there a statute of limitations on that?

at any rate, thanks for the info and the link.

however the flaming is not appreciated nor is the "pot stirring". give it a rest already. this poster doesn't need to be chastized for bringing that info here, especially if its his first post.
lighten up, and lets make him welcome here. sanity is purely subjective, anyway. besides look whose talking. hello???

[Edited by Jaxx]
10-26-02 08:01 AM
Nellcote All due respect Jaxx, however, as much as the individual has the right to post the petition, I would think that individuals have the right of rebuttal. All I'm asking is let the Jones family have peace in their lives. Although it is well documented Brian's vices, why does this family need to be put thru this turmoil? So these individuals can have rights to a movie down the road? C'mon, let this go, is my credo. First post/300'th post, makes no difference, frankly. This is a ever changing discussion board, where opinions are welcomed, correct? Does this crowd think that we should be euthanized to accept their opinion, with no right to question the need?

The demise of Brian Jones is a tragic, intrigue filled story, which has many twists and turns. Let the family decide if they desire to dig up such controversy. Imagine the emotional scarring that they would have to endure, if this petition moves forward, without their approval. Total strangers discussing the demise of a loved one. Has anyone thought of this? Really rather sad.

As noted before, bring a representative of the Jones family forward, noting that they authorize this movement. Then, you will see people come out of the woodwork. Lacking that, it is wrong. Let the matter rest. Respect the family.
10-26-02 08:32 AM
Sir Stonesalot Amen, Nelly.

Let's hear about this from Brian's family. If Brian's family is willing to go through the trauma of having Brian exhumed, and splashed all over the tabloid media(That is the ONLY media form that will bother with anything other than a page 5 blurb), then I'll happily sign.

Like I said before, I'd LOVE to know what really happened that night. But not at this heavy emotional cost to his family. Whispering words of wisdom, let it be.
10-26-02 09:19 AM
gypsymofo60 I'd just like to clarify that my post was NOT aimed at the original poster there anyway, my response was to the individual who attacks everyone who refuses to sign this bloody petition.....fuck off indeed! Who's the rude one?????? Nobody else used profanity but the person who feels that only a PSEUDO, or dilatante fan would decline to join the crusade. When the overall feeling here is let it rest, with very good arguments for that case, the perpertrators of said petition should..... LET IT REST. If I offended the original poster, I am sorry, this was not my intention, to the other rude individual the statement stands.
10-26-02 12:07 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
All due respect Jaxx, however, as much as the individual has the right to post the petition, I would think that individuals have the right of rebuttal.

i agree 100%, however rebuttal doesn't have to include name calling. this is that person's first post and we want them to feel welcome. i am trying hard to keep this place from getting cliquish.

rebutt all you want, argue, disagree, but don't flame or name call. i am going to assume you understand the difference.....i am not intimidated by the strong personalities here, however if i wasn't an administrator i might be!
10-26-02 10:29 PM
Nellcote Jaxx,

I am having a moment here. I am not quite certain where the name calling is within my posts. Please identify, so I will not make the same mistake in the future.
Flaming, look, if my disgust with this issue is to be indentified as flaming, well Shazam! I call it free speech.
NOT TO BE CENSORED! Possibly, you might want to call to task the post using the vulagarity, as this is not quite proper behavior, do you agree?

You see, people pressing forward such indiscriminant proposals, without regard for havoc they will cause, need to have someone remind them that they are all wet. Call this flaming? Please bring forth a definitve, quantifiable
defintion. I'll go one further, if I was a Jones family member, I would file a lawsuit against this crowd, for infringing upon a family members rights without authorization. Saying that a fan deserves to know how he died, really now, how absurd. I call it Fantasyland, as I've said early, all this crowd wants to do is get movie rights.

They should be ashamed of themselves.
10-27-02 01:23 AM
Ken
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
As noted before, bring a representative of the Jones family forward, noting that they authorize this movement. Then, you will see people come out of the woodwork. Lacking that, it is wrong. Let the matter rest. Respect the family.

I agree with Nellcote on this 100%.
10-27-02 08:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man I will sign it, but i cant see anything coming of it. Even if they did open it again, whats the point? Hes dead, the main suspect is dead. Life goes on. I thought they opened it again after the buildr guy suposidley confessed on his death bed?

Alex
10-27-02 08:56 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I will sign it, but i cant see anything coming of it. Even if they did open it again, whats the point? Hes dead, the main suspect is dead. Life goes on. I thought they opened it again after the buildr guy suposidley confessed on his death bed?

Alex

Good god Alex, don't! What is going on here? Why do people actually waste their breath talking about this in a somewhat serious fashion even to put it down? You are just humoring this sickness. Sasha ain't nobody other than that "damask musky muse!!!!" herself...come on, isn't it obvious? It's one thing to throw stones at the mad dog every once in a while for sport, but when she takes it this far...it's getting kinda scary.
10-27-02 09:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot Alex, if you don't think anything will come of it...why are you gonna sign it?
10-27-02 10:43 AM
Jaxx nelly, my comments were general and not aimed at anyone specifically. i am just requesting that the disagreements be handled in an adult manner. some here may disagree with the petition,but others here are passionate about it. i am asking BOTH sides to have respect for one another's opinion. thats it.
10-27-02 12:55 PM
Nellcote Jaxx;

Thanks for the clarification. I kabesh!
10-27-02 02:57 PM
Jaxx you are most welcome!
10-27-02 04:51 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
nelly, my comments were general and not aimed at anyone specifically. i am just requesting that the disagreements be handled in an adult manner. some here may disagree with the petition,but others here are passionate about it. i am asking BOTH sides to have respect for one another's opinion. thats it.

Jaxx - I may have missed something but who here besides you know who and her alias are on the "let's stalk a dead guy and creep out his family" side? I mean - have you stopped to consider how disconcerting, at the very least, this would be to them? An internet wacko having an obsessive imaginary relationship with a guy dead for more than 30 years and attempting to pry into his GRAVE and CORPSE - this is just truly disturbing. This has nothing to do with some search for a truth that doesn't really matter any way. This is just fuel for a twisted delusion. Where exactly does it end? If your goal is to keep this sort of thing public so hopefully it will be seen and known - I agree. But to suggest in any way that this is some sort of "issue" being seriously debated...may lead it on, you know...but if it is being taken seriously then things are just a little weirder here than I thought...

Someone needs to go out and get a life and stop rehashing another's death.

10-27-02 06:08 PM
Miss U. Dandelion...Sasca is not me. How many more years of harrassment and written abuse will I have to put up with from an immature twit like you?? Tell us. We're all sick of it. You're a parasite on any board you inhabit. You and all your pseudonyms and cyber pals really need to get a life. So much time wasted harassing others on message boards with so little to show for it! That's all I have to say to the likes of you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the rest:
The matter has been taken seriously by many fans and many authors over the years. By now, I'm sure Brian's family is aware he is being spoken of on message boards, some more hospitable to Brian's memory than others...
Brian was not going downhill before he died. Quite the contrary. Things were looking up for him, and his health was improving, and his outlook.
I didn't seeing anyone here telling anyone to fuck off unless they sign the petition. Quite the contrary. The point was: If you want to sign, great. If not, then quit harassing us, calling names,discouraging others from signing, and acting as if we need your approval to make a petition. We don't!

To Nellcote:

What makes you so certain the Jones family would be opposed to having the truth come out about their son...their father?
I beg to differ...I think with all they ugly myths about Brian that have abounded over his death, and knowing first-hand all the abuse you have to put up with from other so-called Stones fans if you see the good side of Brian, I think they would support this. Maybe they haven't gone out of their way to open the investigation. But that's likely because of the same reason many witnessess who were there that night don't come forward...out of a very real fear.
Some shady people have a vested interest in keeping the investigation closed. Wanting it reopened is one thing. Whether it ever will be or can be is another.
Brian's sons are aware of my website; if they object to anything there I'm sure they would tell me, as I am in contact with them. Who we will present the petition to will be a group decision among those who care for Brian--that is, Brian Jones fans. If the family wants to get involved, great. If not, then we will respect that.

The only other cause at the moment I can think of that would be worthy....is....perhaps, ridding this board of all the multiple personalites who love to harass out of childishness and jealousy. For the sake of the entire board, yes, once and for all.

I find it very amusing how Keith fans are so vehemently opposed to a petition like this....why would that be I wonder.

""Get Off My Cloud, in other words...."" Funny, Nellcote, I think you're the one on our cloud. If you want to be free to voice your opinions, we're free to search for truth.

I imagine most Stones fans would want the truth to come out.
10-27-02 06:10 PM
gypsy Great post, Dandelion*! I couldn't agree more.
I also wonder if some people here on the board aren't handling her with 'kid gloves.'
10-27-02 08:41 PM
Nellcote Miss U;

You are missing the very cogent point.

Bring forth the authorization from the Jones family that the sanction your petition, you will have instant credibility. Lacking that, you are harrasing the family.
Like it or not, that is the truth.
10-27-02 08:47 PM
kath boy, when i first saw the title of this thread, i thought it was gonna be something stupid, like "bring brian back if we can't have mick taylor and/or bill wyman."

but i see now i was so, sooo wrong.....
10-27-02 08:52 PM
gypsy Miss U, you really need help. You accuse everyone on the board of using aliases, etc...Nobody is jealous of you. We are just annoyed at you constantly barraging the boards with your unhealthy fascination for a dead guy. If anything, people are kind of scared of you...
10-27-02 09:03 PM
gypsymofo60 Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have the perpertrators of this petition actually corresponded with The Jones family? I bet not! As for harrasment, who's harassing who? Have you actually sniffed the air here on this issue?......Tell ya what, here's the spade, here's the spade..DIG WITH IT!
10-27-02 10:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot This whole thing is starting to give me a serious case of the creeps.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6