ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones petition Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
10-29-02 04:55 PM
sasca In reply to a previous point - amusingly I do suffer from OCD (and clinical depression).
10-29-02 05:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
sasca wrote:
In reply to a previous point - amusingly I do suffer from OCD (and clinical depression).

Don't think anyone's gonna call you a liar on that one, Sascaloon.
10-29-02 05:13 PM
nankerphelge I'm suffering from:

NFC - No Fuckin' Chiba

and

RNC - Really Needa Concert

January might as well be 8 years away.

10-29-02 05:17 PM
Dandelion* Sir Stonesalot wrote:
"I said before, and I will say again, the thought behind your petition is noble. "

In your opinion, in mine you are being far too generous...

"I think we all agree that it would be nice to know what really happened at Christpher Robin's house that night."

No. I could give a rat's arse, as you are oft to say. Let's start a petition of people who don't care. I bet I know which one is gonna win by a landslide. Actually - in a matter that is far more important, I WOULD like to hear about Steelie's new avatar. Is that Uranus?

" I'm also quite sure that none of you who are involved with this petition knew what would be involved if the investigation was re-opened."

Bullocks. Of course they knew. They're crazy, not dumb.

10-29-02 05:22 PM
sasca Of course those who very much want to know are outnumbered by those who don�t. But if that means it shouldn�t be investigated then the same is true of most crimes. How strongly do you need to know who pinched X�s purse? Should that not be investigated?
10-29-02 05:34 PM
steel driving hammer The Stones are the best band this side of Jupiter...

We don't know whats on the other side...
10-29-02 05:56 PM
Dandelion* This is just a ploy to attract sirmoonie, isn't it?
10-29-02 05:56 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
sasca wrote:
How strongly do you need to know who pinched X�s purse? Should that not be investigated?

They are investigating Winona. Man, I'd like to see that little chippy behind bars in a tight orange jumpsuit with "Property of LA County Jail" on the back. Caged Winona Heat. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Appealing.
10-29-02 05:59 PM
sasca Nearly 100 replies to my first message.
10-29-02 06:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Dandelion* wrote:
This is just a ploy to attract sirmoonie, isn't it?

I don't get it.

I'm distracted with thoughts of digging up Brian Jones with a backhoe. That really is whacked when you think about it. Like sitting on a green lawn in a hospital gown kind of whacked.
10-29-02 06:13 PM
sasca I'm not sure that there'd be any need to exhume his corpse. We already know what substances were in his body and it's not like his skeleton is going to start talking.
10-29-02 06:19 PM
Dandelion* My avatar is starting to creep me out. I think I may file for a divorce...

sirmoonie wrote:

"I don't get it."

But you will if you orbit too close!

"I'm distracted with thoughts of digging up Brian Jones with a backhoe. That really is whacked when you think about it. Like sitting on a green lawn in a hospital gown kind of whacked."

I just saw some VH1 special called "Graveyard Groupies" I missed the begining so I don't know if they featured any of out favorite creepy pals. Talk about whack jobs.( Everyone except the two girls and Shannon Hoon's mother, which was actually rather touching. ) But these people have NOTHING on Miss U. They need to do a Miss U Marathon. Let's start a petition!

10-29-02 06:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK sacsa, so far you don't sound like you are to out of the realm of reality, so I'm gonna try reaching you one last time.

I work for 4 different police depts. If your petition is successful, the investigating agency WILL do an exhumation for forensic evidence. It is standard procedure. The forensic tests that are available now are far more accurate than what was available in 1969.

You say we already know what was in Brian's system the night of his death. Maybe. If the Coroner's report is correct. But since you are re-opening the case, that Coroner's report must be verified for accuracy. It is standard procedure. Go ahead, check out what I'm telling you. You will find that I'm being straight with you.

I'm not sure what you think is involved in one of these types of investigations. It isn't like what you see on TV. The police can't pick and choose how to run an investigation. There are set guidelines that they must follow. A full forensic pathological work up is required, and the original coroner's report will have to be verified for accuracy. There is only one way to do that. And it ain't pleasant.

Interesting that you'd question why we assume the Jones family is a single entity. And this is the biggest reason not to go on with this...what if a member of Brian's family, say one of his illegit kids, decides to back you. Now Brian's parents, or siblings get wind of it...do you see where this is going? There will be family infighting. Did you ever consider how devisive this may be to the Jones family? Why would you want to cause any of Brian's relations any discomforture? Do you think any of them want to be tabloid fodder?

You guys need to do some serious rethinking on this. This isn't the good idea that you think it is.
10-29-02 07:03 PM
sasca Thanks, Sir SaL. I've written for information about the British system but so far no reply.
As for the rest - I really don't want to hurt anyone. But,you work for the police - surely it is often the case that those involved would prefer yopu not to investigate? Isn't there an obligation to investigate anyway?
10-29-02 07:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Isn't there an obligation to investigate anyway?<

No sasca, not if the case is already closed. This case was already investigated and closed. The police have already fulfilled their obligation. The case will only be re-opened if significant evidence shows the outcome of the previous investigation to be wrong. Rumour and heresay evidence will not be enough to do it.

If the case is to be re-opened, then the existing case must be disregarded. You start back at square one. If the original outcome of the investigation is suspect, then the police must assume that the entire investigation is suspect. Each bit of evidence, forensic, physical, and all verbal interviews must be re-evaluated. In the instances where possible, the witnesses will be deposed again. The physical evidence will be gathered again....including forensic evidence.

You will have a very hard time convincing British taxpayers to fund a very costly investigation of a case that is 33 years old, and already closed.

Like I said before, you are jousting windmills.
10-29-02 07:52 PM
sasca But I think the moral obligation remains. The first investigation was not satisfying. I'm not sure how much witness statements usually vary (that's one of the things I'm trying to find out) but the difference between the 3 taken from those who admit to being at Cotchford Farm are surely ludicrously at odds with one another?

Perhaps I am tilting at windmills. To be a Man of La Mancha is sometimes preferrable to the alternatives.
10-29-02 08:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot >But I think the moral obligation remains.< The first investigation was not satisfying. <

To whom does the moral obligation remain? The authorities? They already closed the case. The family of the victim? If they were so concerned about this, then why have THEY not asked for further investigation? Finally, the FANS? Like it or not, the fans have nothing to do with it.

>The first investigation was not satisfying.<

Again, to whom was it not satisfying? The authorities? Obviously not, or they would not have closed the case. The family of the victim? Obviously not, or they would have asked for further investigation long ago. Once again, this brings us back to the fans. And once again, fans have no material bearing on this case at all. As far as the law is concerned, you simply don't matter.

>To be a Man of La Mancha is sometimes preferrable to the alternatives.<

Alternatives? You mean...reality?

10-29-02 09:41 PM
Dandelion* Sasca - may I ask how old you are? A teenager can be excused for having such romantic melodramatic idealizations. The older you get and don't move on and mature - the weirder it gets. Miss U is about as far to that edge as I've seen. Brian, Jim Morrison - cheeze whiz versions of the tortured romantic poet. All doomed unless the thoughtful oh so sensitive heroine can save him from the black horrible void he by nature is drawn to...

Hey peachy - you lurk here...? Hi!
10-29-02 10:19 PM
notimeonhand "I shouted out, who killed the Kennedys, when after all, it was you and me......" Look folks, as much as I have enjoyed the banter, debates, arguements, and disagreements, this issue is as dead as Brian himself. "keith killed him", "the industry killed him", "some (home improvement) cat killed him", "HE killed him", jesus people, those days are long gone... If his FAMILY wants an inquiry, I'm all for it, but alot of the last four pages are nothing but speculation, misreprentation, and misinterpentation of a terrible event in rock history... There have been all to many "terrible events" in rock history, Hendrix, Morrison, Joplan, Holly, and I'll even throw Cobain in there for the sake of diversity, and that is only just to name a few of the things that we all have had to witness as fans of all the great music (from all of them)as a whole.... and this is just but another tragic end to a great artist. Why not let the man rest in peace if thats what HIS family wants? Please don't get me wrong, I'm not flaming anyone for their beliefs, or the way that they feel, but to me, it's just a total waste of time, or it originates from someone that is looking for a reaction, (and this is mine) That said, taken all the great names that I have mentioned above, woulden't everyone love to see where they would be, musically today?
10-29-02 10:31 PM
Mother baby
quote:
notimeonhand wrote:
but alot of the last four pages are nothing but speculation, misreprentation, and misinterpentation... (

Perhaps. ... but that's what opinions are, aren't they?

10-29-02 10:41 PM
BILL PERKS POOR BUGGER,I WONDER IF THE BASTARD HAS INTERNET ACCESS IN HELL.HE'D GET A KICK OUT OF THIS NONSENSE.MISS U,AT THE NEXT MEMORIAL SERVICE IN CHELTENHAM WE'LL DUET ON DANCIN WITH MR.D.I SAW THE FLESH JUST FALL OFF HER BONES.....LORD HAVE MERCY,I WAS DANCIN WITH MRS. D!
10-29-02 10:47 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
sasca wrote:
Of course those who very much want to know are outnumbered by those who don�t. But if that means it shouldn�t be investigated then the same is true of most crimes. How strongly do you need to know who pinched X�s purse? Should that not be investigated?

And that's about the strength of it! Right up there with who pinched X's purse, yawwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!!!!!!
10-29-02 10:54 PM
gypsy After reading this thread, I got to thinking about how my purse was stolen in '95, house robbed in '96, and I'm getting kind of angry that neither crime was ever solved.
10-29-02 11:11 PM
notimeonhand Yes Motherbaby, I agree, and made my post knowing that, and have no problem with any or all, but opinions are just that... I just really don't understand the POINT of such "opinions" after 33 years... If his own family dosen't seem to give a damn, why not let it rest?
10-29-02 11:51 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
gypsy wrote:
After reading this thread, I got to thinking about how my purse was stolen in '95, house robbed in '96, and I'm getting kind of angry that neither crime was ever solved.

MMMMmmmmmmm ever thought about reopening the case?
10-30-02 09:41 PM
Nasty Habits Rocks Off is the zeitgiest of the new millenium.

Rotting Brian corpse bursting forth from his coffin to take revenge on the rotting corpses who may or may not have wronged him in a skeleton war through the streets of London.

And:

Dead Joey's ghost continues to post.

It's Halloween and man am I glad to be back!

Necro Hobbits

10-30-02 11:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I got Necro Hobbits!
I take blood at three!

10-31-02 02:23 AM
Pants Make the Man It might be misguided, I don't know, but I don't think you guy's should be so, well, mean to sasca. Either sign the petition or don't, but a petition alone won't get Brian exhumed (and I don't think that's what she wants anyway), so why the hassle?
10-31-02 11:45 AM
Sir Stonesalot Why the hassle? Because that was the second time they brought that petition thingy here. Because Miss U made the statement that "true" fans would want to sign. And lastly, because it is a poorly thought out, misguided, twisted waste of energy. It reflects poorly on ALL of us, as Stones fans. I don't want lumped in with people like that.

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
10-31-02 12:22 PM
sasca Alright. I see no reason to apologize for being concerned about the death of another person. Why is this a romantic, melodramatic idealization? I am 27, Dandelion, and I have little interest in tortured poets. I am interested in balance and clarity. My knowledge and love of the cultures of Ancient Greece and Rome is considerable. I do not like dismissing inconsistencies with a shrug and 'shit happens'. I believe in order.
I have no wish to hurt anyone but if Brian had done what his family wanted THERE WOULD BE NO ROLLING STONES.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6