ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones petition Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
10-28-02 05:26 PM
beer Paint it Black and No Expectations are great songs.
10-28-02 06:49 PM
sirmoonie This is folly of perversical magnitude, Miss U.

First, as you are no doubt well aware, the statute of limitations for murder under English common law is 20 years. Lessee, one thou, nine hun, sixty nine plus twenty...dit dit dit, carry the one...dit dit...uh, 1989! Can you say "13 years too freakin' late"? It rhymes with "I gotta piss, hows bout this freakin' grate"?

Second, we all know that Keith knows OJ, which means he's tapped into Johnnie C. whenever he needs a mouthie. How's the Crown gonna beat that smooth talking law double jive, huh? I can see it now, "If Brian was full of juice, you must cut Keefie loose!"

Third, maybe Brian likes being dead? Did you ever think of that? No. In your rush to judgment, you never even considered the feelings of the very man you are eviscerating.

Fourth, name one band, just ONE band, where one guitar player whacked another one. Do you really want to bring all that down just for some goddam coroner's death lust? Is that really what you want? Because I don't. And I don't think any real fan does either.

Thats just my two pence.

"Shovel a dirt clod in my face and say 'Thats the breaks Elmore,' Ronnnie!"
10-28-02 07:02 PM
Jaxx [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:

>>>Jaxxy, I know sometimes some of us make things tough on you as an admin. But honestly, saying that making a few off color boob jokes is the same as wanting to dig up a dead guy, is just a tad overstated.

challenging yes. with 3 administrators its hard to be consistent, but damnit we TRY. and if you MUST KNOW, my dear sir stonesalot, i find the boob titty, and all the other sexist comments i see here far more offending than this exhume or not to exhume thread. i daresay, if you were raising a daughter instead of a son, your attitude might be a tad different....and as i pointed out earlier, you don't find the women here discussing which stone is the best "hung" or the most "suckable".

you have to admit its a great halloween topic the exhume thread. and here is where you HELP ME MAKE MY POINT.....i have an opinion on this, you have an opinion on this, however, i'm not here calling you a wimpy sexist pig because this topic makes you a bit queasy.

>>i completely agree that Brenda has every right to come here and post about this petition.

wow, can i marc this moment that you and i can FINALLY agree on something??? oh no, will hell freeze over? LOLROTF

>>However, by posting about such an obviously controversial topic, she invites the kind of response that has happened in this thread.

yes you are right, however, she invites us to challenge her opinion not flame her.

>>If that isn't creepy enough, she also acts like this notion is some kind of holy crusade for truth and justice, and that if we don't jump on the band wagon, we are somehow lesser people.

well that is her opinion. and i am then obviously one of those lesser people. oh gee. the sun will still rise tomarrow, tho, won't it? ;-)

>>If that isn't inviting a shitstorm, I don't know what is. If you really want to be fair, you'd let us hand her head back to her on a silver platter.

then i challenge YOU to hand her her head on a silver platter without flaming her.

okay, true confessions now..i'm a reformed flamer. there, i said it out loud. LOL. i resist the urge to flame the folks here who drive me bonkers, trying to set an example. shit, we can all agree to disagree. i have 2 things to say:

1. if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen, ie, if you can't stand folks strongly disagreeing with you, don't post it.

2. disagree without flaming. if i can do it, (and oh i was sooooo naughty) then i think its doable.

i have learned to "think" before i hit that submit button...
10-28-02 07:09 PM
KeepRigidsLawyer
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
as i pointed out earlier, you don't find the women here discussing which stone is the best "hung" or the most "suckable".

On behalf of the assembled (some pun intended) male population here, I thank you for sparing us such perversions.
10-28-02 07:15 PM
Jaxx LOLROTF. you are giving me a "depends" moment here. then may i ask you to kindly spare the womenfolk population here the same!

um, is that avatar a visualization of "the pain of love?"
[Edited by Jaxx]
10-28-02 07:22 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Third, maybe Brian likes being dead? Did you ever think of that? No. In your rush to judgment, you never even considered the feelings of the very man you are eviscerating.

Damn you're on a roll tonight...

Jaxx wrote:
as i pointed out earlier, you don't find the women here discussing which stone is the best "hung" or the most "suckable".

But you'll find Steelie discussing it!
10-28-02 07:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot
Jaxx wrote:

It just hasn't come up yet. But now that you brought it up......
10-28-02 07:52 PM
Jaxx heheheheh. things are goina get stranger, so lets get on with the showwwww..........

i'm with keeprigidslawyer....spare us the perversion.
10-28-02 07:59 PM
KeepRigidsLawyer
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
um, is that avatar a visualization of "the pain of love?"

Dear Jaxx,
I maintain a rigid policy and see to it that none of my avatars are sexual in nature.
10-28-02 08:19 PM
kath have i mentioned how odd i think this thread is???
10-28-02 08:33 PM
Raging GOAT!!! I hung like the horse and hate coroners
Never drink coffee with the straw
Arguing with ants is onerous
Snatch victory from the defeat of the assbone of a jaw.
10-28-02 09:03 PM
tumblingdice Hey Sir Stonesalot, the goat wisdom for us again. What is your take on this most recent offering of goat wisdom?

On a side note, if you gals just want to start the girly talk go ahead, it would be a good read I am sure. But please don't take our boobies away.
10-28-02 09:41 PM
kath "don't take our boobies away" would be a great song title....
10-28-02 09:50 PM
tumblingdice I am sure all of us guys could come up with some killer song titles but they would most likely not be appreciated
10-28-02 10:39 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox OK I must admit, I don't know much about the whole death of Brian other than what I've read on this board and in books like Old Gods. That said, do any of you really think Keith had him whacked or is it just a "cool rumor"? I gots ta know!

"I'll stick my knife right down your throat, and it hurts"
10-28-02 11:14 PM
sirmoonie I don't think personable Keith had a hand in it, but he was obliviously involved. Even people who loved Brian think Keith was been at involvement at some level of some kind. They would know, because they are following this development as it happens at this time now.

Actuarial, I think Keith just meant to scare him, and then those biker fucks got out of hand, like at Altamont. I don't think Keith is the killer type, no matter what they say about him being a killer type.

Yo man, where was my Iron City at Rosie? Me and SS and a couple of other goons were stomping around there all afternoon and I never did see one muthafuck with an IC in his hands. Pissing all over. Manhattan.
10-28-02 11:27 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox I'm sorry man. I couldn't get to a computer while I was up there to get a hold of you, and there were a hell of a lot of people walkin around out there. As it was, I had to settle for IC Lights when we left for NYC and I know by previous posts that you despise light beer. Maybe Ill be able to make it up to you at a future show.

10-28-02 11:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Come on people! Please stop
10-28-02 11:51 PM
sirmoonie Thats cool, man. We got Maddox at the helm.

So what did you think? Me and SS came out of there absolutely brain dead. SS is all energy, but even he was a bankrupt mess after that show. Fucking fried he was.

Me? Can't even describe how undescribable it was. I was from here to --------->! from Ronnie. CYHMK. I WAS the man from Nantucket when they played that!

You're lucky dude SoxerDirtie, not many people your age will ever see that band.

Seriously, what did you think of that show?
10-29-02 12:20 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox Man, that was my first show, can you believe that? My first show and I'm standing two (people rows)from the stage on Ronnies side. Words cannot describe that show, I had a buzz for days afterwards. Couldnt do any schoolwork. I work at a record store and kids would come up buying Disturbed or some other shit and I would be thinking, buy 40 Licks!! Buy it you morons, it will change you forever! And look how pretty the shiny tongue is!!
Aw man but Roseland was so good. Do you remember when Keith said something along the lines of "I would buddy but its Before They Make Me Run"? That was to me! I yelled "All About You" lik 456 times and he looked right at me and said that. I almost creamed all over the fat guy in front of me that wouldnt dance.
Fuck, now theres no way in hell I'll get this hw done...Im goin upstairs to listen to BTB instead.
10-29-02 03:08 PM
Miss U. This was never a "to exhume" or "not to exhume" thread -- except maybe by certain people on a mission to flame and put words in our mouths.

We don't deserve to be flamed for making a petition. But there are some who thrive on flaming.
This thread is really disgusting.
10-29-02 03:37 PM
sirmoonie I dig what you're saying, Miss U. These guys have really unearthed a can of worms here. And all this cryptic innuendo is just plain dirty. But, I think its time to bury our differences. Before this turns into a grave situation.
10-29-02 03:39 PM
steel driving hammer Don't ya'll know the Duce/Stones are still wild?

10-29-02 03:40 PM
nankerphelge Well moonie, I'm afraid that even after all the smoke clears, people will still be ... you guessed it...coffin!

Get it!
10-29-02 03:49 PM
steel driving hammer Nanky were you at the Wash Voodoo opener?

Did you post a review? If so, got the url?

Like to know the feeling of it. The stage was so good.

thx.
10-29-02 04:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot See there Missy, you are wrong again. This IS an "exhume, or not exhume" thread. And it's because of your petition.

If your petition to re-open the case works, the police investigation will include an exhumation of the remains of Brian Jones for forensic evidence. I work for the cops, this is standard procedure in a wrongful death investigation. You can't just do a partial investigation in this type of situation Brenda. If they re-open, they HAVE to go all the way. They can't just skip over the bits that might be distressing to Brian's loved ones.

I said before, and I will say again, the thought behind your petition is noble. I think we all agree that it would be nice to know what really happened at Christpher Robin's house that night. I'm also quite sure that none of you who are involved with this petition knew what would be involved if the investigation was re-opened.

But now you know.

And do you honestly think that Brian's kids want their daddy dug up after all these years? I know that you said that they haven't told you that they are against it....but have you contacted them and asked them what they think? Or Brian's parents? You should have gotten your ducks in a row before making the leap.

Now let's talk about media coverage. So who do you suppose will want to cover this story? I'll tell you who, The Globe, The National Enquirerer, The Star, and all the other supermarket tabloids. That is who will be interested, and as we all know, truth isn't really all that high on their agenda. They will print whatever they think will sell more papers, facts be damned. Legit news media will give this story a very brief once over. This is page 5 stuff, a brief mention before the next car commercial. So, in essence, you won't be giving the world "truth". You'll be enabling the tabloids to pervert the truth into a soap opera. Again, I don't think this would be a result that you desire.

As others have mentioned, the statutes of limitations expired 13 years ago. The main suspect is dead. And by and large, no one cares anymore. There is a very small and narrow segment of the genaral population that still has any interest in this case. Even if you get a thousand signatures, you will have like 0.0001 percent of the genral population represented. And out of all those signatures, how many are Brits? The re-opened investigation would be at the expense of British taxpayers. How many of them have signed the petition?

Brenda, you are jousting windmills. Nothing that we say could possibly make this look any worse than it actually is. Please reconsider what you are doing. It makes you look crazy.
10-29-02 04:29 PM
nankerphelge I was indeed -- but I never posted a review. It was a muggy DC summer nite, that much I remember. I was in the upper deck of RFK with about 12 friends and absolutely stoned beyond recognition. There was a band from Haiti that played between the opener and the Stones. The whole drum buildup, Bo Did beat, Not Fade Away, Mick thru the trapdoor was the best opener ever. The goatman on stilts chasing Mick around during Monkey Man(I think ?) was surreal (I think they dropped that after the first show). They played Hot Stuff, but also dropped that. Overall though I thought the band played great in '94 -- to me Ronnie was present and accounted for in '94 as compared to '89 and the entire B2B/NS tour(s).

But while the show was excellent, the whole opener vibe was the real addictive part -- was one of the main reasons I went to Fleet this time out.

10-29-02 04:30 PM
steel driving hammer Roll on...
10-29-02 04:51 PM
sasca Well, that was fun. No, I am not Miss U. If anyone wants to insult me, feel free to do so at [email protected].

When did anyone get the idea that Brian's family is a single entity?
10-29-02 04:55 PM
sasca In reply to a previous point - amusingly I do suffer from OCD (and clinical depression).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6