ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones petition Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
10-27-02 11:57 PM
BILL PERKS I'LL SIGN A PETITION TO HAVE MISS U COMMITTED.THE BASTARD HAS BEEN DEAD 33 FUCKING YEARS,GET A FUCKING LIFE.HIS CORPSE COULD BE EXHUMED AND GO ON TOUR WITH THE BAND.THEY COULD PUT AN ALL ACCESS PASS ON HIM AND PROP HIM UP BEHIND THE PIANO TO REPLACE CHUCK.PUT A PILLBOX HAT ON HIS HEAD AND A JOINT IN HIS MOUTH,THAT WOULD BE WORTH $300 BUCKS AND WOULD SOLVE JB'S ATTENDANCE PROBLEMS.
10-28-02 04:07 AM
Harrylime Have some sympathy,have some taste...
10-28-02 04:13 AM
Mathijs what a bollocks. Does anybody care what happened? Brain was a horrible person, it happened 33 years ago. Who fucking cares what happened. Let the police handle important matters, not this bullshit by some fanatic fan.

The mystique around his death may be so now, but at the time nobody questioned it was just an accident. It is because of cracy, fanatic fans that slowly these rumours were spread. Miss You, read Bill Wymans new book, even he doesn't believe this murder bollocks. I think Brian was just a little too thirsty, and I am glad Mick taylor replaced him -else there would not have been a Greatest R&R Band in the World.

Mathijs
10-28-02 04:26 AM
gypsymofo60 OK! Now I'm having trouble with this Keith fans have some vested interest in seeing the truth kept down. Please explain that one to me, see I'm a bit slow on the uptake here. What are you saying exactly?......Keith killed Brian? Hummmmmmmm??????????? This argument is gradually degenerating into something ridiculous. Brian was a junkie! Booze, pills, and swimming pools don't mix! End of fucking story. Listen carefully, nobody murdered Brian, and his death is noones fault but his, and that is my final comment on this stupid thread that I've been foolish enough to keep biting on. Oh! Except I'll be waiting to hear how the Keith thread to this story panns out.
10-28-02 04:45 AM
kath i have to agree. brian was a total dickweed. yes, he was the founder of the band, and if there had been no brian there would have been no rolling stones. we all acknowledge that, bless his weasley little heart for bringing the band together. sadly, he also nearly tore the band apart, he was a selfish, self indulgent prick who beat up women on a regular basis and never once acknowledged or provided for ANY of his numerous children. he failed to show up for stuff when he was supposed to, and when he did show up, he was usually so totally wasted that he did not contribute. look at sympathy for the devil video. they let him go, hoping maybe it would snap him out of his stupor...but they couldn't let him jepordize the band anymore. shortly after that, he's found in his pool. maybe some caretaker really DID off him, maybe one of his kid's moms offed him..maybe he just fuckin drowned because he was so loaded. but shit! the caretaker guy is dead. and no matter what, brian is still dead. and from what i've read from most of the band, including charlie, nobody believes he was murdered. and again, if he had been...the guy who was the most likely to have been the "perp" (only because of some iffy death bed admission) is, let me repeat this...DEAD.

deal with it.
10-28-02 05:26 AM
gypsymofo60 Exactly Kath! I know I said I'd leave this alone, but one more comment. By 1969 The Rolling Stones was a business, Brian had become a corporate liability, constantly fucked up, couldn't record, couldn't tour, couldn't do jack-shit! What happens when you constantly turn up at your employers business wasted?_ Your arse gets fired! And you deserve it. Brian deserved it! What were Mick & Keith supposed to do with him? And then we get oh! But he cleaned up his act, TOO BLOODY LATE! SORRY! YOU FORFEIT! Suddenly it's Mick & Keith's fault, sorry???????? Never could work that one out, that's what they call fuzzy logic isn't it? God! I get so sick of these bloody cry babies, "poor Brian"..What about poor Anita when he was knocking nine kinds of shit out of her? Spare me the violins, it was sad when it happened, but we all know now what Brian was like( at least we know as much as fans can know), and that's enough for me.
10-28-02 06:56 AM
Jaxx
quote:
Dandelion* wrote:
>>>>Jaxx - have you stopped to consider how disconcerting, at the very least, this would be to them?

um yeah.....i find the topic to be quite disconcerting and i have not signed nor will i sign the petition. the guy was a brilliant and talented musician, true, but he was reckless and irresponsible with himself. the fact he got wasted on alcohol and pills and drowned is of no surprise to me. this was his "rock bottom", imo....my husband's opinion is that ego maniac jagger killed him to take the glory all for himself. there's another twisted opinion on the subject.

>>> If your goal is to keep this sort of thing public so hopefully it will be seen and known - I agree.

thats part of it yes. IT IS A FACT THAT THE PETITION IS OUT THERE, RIGHT WRONG OR INDIFFERENT!plus, the person in question is entitled to her opinion regardless of your, mine and everyone elses personal opinion of her. she has a right to speak her mind here, regardless of what you think the condition of it is. i am only trying to be fair here.

>>But to suggest in any way that this is some sort of "issue" being seriously debated...may lead it on, you know...but if it is being taken seriously then things are just a little weirder here than I thought...

i am not suggesting it is an issue being seriously debated, it is indeed an issue being lively debated here, like the rest of the stuff debated here. we're not talking anything important on a stones board like world peace, the cure for cancer or anything else of superior signifigance. i don't think anything said here will have an effect on whether anything really happens to that grave or not. imo its a legal issue and its questionable whether anything of importance would be found if the grave was exhumed. these things are never taken lightly...exhuming is HUGE. conversation here won't affect the decision that ultimately gets made....after all, this is a discussion forum under the ENTERTAINMENT topic of the internet world. btw, its weird here alright, check out the cast of characters...keeps getting stranger...

>>Someone needs to go out and get a life

LOL. that could be said about several folks around here, so many take themselves so seriously at this form of ENTERTAINMENT.

[quote]gypsy wrote:
I also wonder if some people here on the board aren't handling her with 'kid gloves.'

oh please. i am trying to be a fair moderator. its funny that nothing of importance ever comes out of your mouth excepts barbs, jabs and attempts at "hostessing" this place. i am not alone in that opinion, either. you are a troublemaker and on thin ice, lady, and i use that term loosely where you are concerned.

its amazing to me how you all scream "freedom of speech" when you try to turn this board into a bathroom wall, yet literally flame folks for having some radical opinions. all i'm asking is that you have respect for one another and debate like the adults that you are.

[Edited by Jaxx]
10-28-02 07:55 AM
Dandelion* Jaxx - I'm not sure why you are sounding so defensive. Perhaps I'm reading this wrong...

The posts you deleted attempted to lend a bit of levity to this topic.

You mentioned the "entertainment" basis of the board. I don't think that was in question. I just wonder what's so entertaining about stalking a dead guy's remains and harassing his family. At the very best - they are totally unaware of this cyber weirdness. Hopefully this is the case. All I'm warning against is people leading on and actually giving signals to "Miss U" by discussing this in a matter other than "you're cracked, seek help." I think it is possibly dangerous to feed her fantasies and give them some sort of weight by discussing them. It's certainly not doing her state of mind any good, I suspect.

10-28-02 08:14 AM
Pants Make the Man What's the big deal with somebody supecting foul play in Brian's death?
[Edited by Pants Make the Man]
10-28-02 09:18 AM
Honky Tonk Man I dont know, for the sake of it i guess

Alex
10-28-02 10:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot There is nothing wrong with "suspecting" foul play in Brian's death. But this goes beyond just being suspect. This person is actually trying to have an official police investigation started into the matter of the death of Brian Jones. SHE WANTS THE POLICE TO DIG UP HIS CORPSE!!! AND, she is doing this without the consent of Brian's family. This doesn't strike you as a little on the whacko side of things?

Jaxxy, I know sometimes some of us make things tough on you as an admin. But honestly, saying that making a few off color boob jokes is the same as wanting to dig up a dead guy, is just a tad overstated.

I completely agree that Brenda has every right to come here and post about this petition. However, by posting about such an obviously controversial topic, she invites the kind of response that has happened in this thread. She wants to have the cops dig up Brian Jones WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE JONES FAMILY!!. You can't honestly expect us to NOT ridicule such a preposterous notion can you?

If that isn't creepy enough, she also acts like this notion is some kind of holy crusade for truth and justice, and that if we don't jump on the band wagon, we are somehow lesser people.

If that isn't inviting a shitstorm, I don't know what is. If you really want to be fair, you'd let us hand her head back to her on a silver platter.
10-28-02 10:23 AM
moy i signed the petition, it would be a great material for a&e investigative reports
10-28-02 10:44 AM
Dandelion* NOW I agree 100% with you SS. That is the one thing about this place that has put me off in the past - the fact that Brenda has been allowed to post her deranged shit and whenever she's called on it in a little bit stronger and more to the point language, it's deleted. AND - she is really abusive to others and that stays up, but if you throw it back at her - forget about it. You know....Keno would let us lay into her....think I'll bring my Jerry Lewis telethon over there...
10-28-02 02:16 PM
Raging GOAT!!! Characters here that getting weirder by the fucking day. To dig up the corpse sick like that tree that sheds its leaves for the summer and the horse eat them. Shave.
10-28-02 02:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot As per usual RG, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Yeah man.

Coffee. (I'm having some right now.....Mmmmmmmm. Delicious & hot.)

Fuck liver. (I won't allow it in my home, and I will not frequent restaurants that serve it.)
10-28-02 02:38 PM
Raging GOAT!!! As Nietzsche said, "he who digs up the dead corpse might get bit on the arse by a live vampire." Now we get horny on life, and DOWN WITH DEATH! Politics of affirm pulse. Pumping and humping. In lust and love never for always to the Halloween. Yow!
10-28-02 02:41 PM
Miss U. That's rather presumptuous of you, Nellcote. You seem to be trying to put a negative spin on this. I don't recall anything in that petition stating we would bring the petition to Brian's family, or that this petition is aimed at them.
Please stop harassing us now.

On any given topic, I can always count on disagreement from Gypsy, Dandelion, Martha, Sir Stonesalot, Ken and all their cyber-buddies & multiple personalities. Not worth my time.

Wow, some of these posts are more disgusting than anything I could ever imagine. Talk about SICK. Sir Stonesalot continually tries to put words in our mouths and make this out to be something really ugly. Who ever said I wanted the corpse dug up??? Not me. It was you who first posted that, trying to make it look sick. I guess that post reveals more about you than the makers of the petition.
Most of the time, lately, the regs on this board have turned it into a joke. If taking something seriously offends you, don't sign. Just go on your merry trivial ignorant silly way.

I really hope none of Brian's family has seen Dandelion's posts; they must really be disgusted with her now.
So sad that some "Stones fans" think the death of the founder of the Stones is completely unimportant.

But the longer this thread, stays at the top, the more signatures we get!! Thank you!!
[Edited by Miss U.]
10-28-02 02:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot OMG, the GALL.

So you freely admit that you are doing this without the consent of the Jones family.

And you talk about Nelly making presumptions!
10-28-02 03:02 PM
Nellcote Miss U;

Every successful petition drive has on it's "count on" list, the individuals who are directly related to the issue.

WHERE ARE YOUR DIRECTLY RELATED INDIVIDUALS?

BTW, Stones fans do not count.

All that is asked, come forward Jones family authorization, you have the keys to the kingdom.

If you feel harrassed, you can't possibly know the true definition of the word. Just think the harrassment the Jones family will live with, once his body is exhumed, every tabloid Brit reporter chasing down family members for comment, opinion, etc, shoving microphones in their face for comment. This probably will go on for months.

Makes you feel warm and fuzzy, right?

Gives you that Chrismas morning glow?

All to think, Miss U, your petition was the catalyst.

If this is your goal, good luck to you.

You really should rethink who this benefits most.

STONES FANS OR THE JONES FAMILY?

10-28-02 03:14 PM
Miss U. Miss U;

Every successful petition drive has on it's "count on" list, the individuals who are directly related to the issue.

WHERE ARE YOUR DIRECTLY RELATED INDIVIDUALS?

BTW, Stones fans do not count.

All that is asked, come forward Jones family authorization, you have the keys to the kingdom.

If you feel harrassed, you can't possibly know the true definition of the word. Just think the harrassment the Jones family will live with, once his body is exhumed, every tabloid Brit reporter chasing down family members for comment, opinion, etc, shoving microphones in their face for comment. This probably will go on for months.

Makes you feel warm and fuzzy, right?

Gives you that Chrismas morning glow?

All to think, Miss U, your petition was the catalyst.

If this is your goal, good luck to you.

You really should rethink who this benefits most.

STONES FANS OR THE JONES FAMILY?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe if you weren't so obsessed on harrassing and trying to put a negative spin on this, Nellcote, you would have perhaps taken the time to read the actual petition and my previous threads here. As I've said before, what gets done with the petition and who it gets presented to will be a group decision by those who care about Brian--that is, BRian Jones fans, and any family who care to be involved with it. All the people who it will be presented to hasn't been decided yet.
That means that it isn't up to you.

Who benefits from this? Brian's family, and Brian.
Anyone who's a Brian fan knows BRian's parents are not accessible, though it would be ideal to contact them about this. But I am in contact with his sons, as I've said before. So if they disapprove, they would tell me.

This petition was Sasca's idea, not mine.

So kindly stop harrassing & ignoring everything I've told you in an effort to make this petition look bad.

10-28-02 03:25 PM
Nellcote Ok, Miss U.

I am going home, to smoke my own fatty, listen to my own copy of Satanic, followed by "Pipes", relish in the fact that we are so blessed to have had such a talented individual named Brian Jones in our lives. You can go on your merry way, with your quest to know the truth about the
events surrounding his death, regardless of who or whom you trample in that end.

Kind of like when Ted Turner colorized black & white movies, they leave you with an odd feeling.

BTW, make certain to share with the board the Jones family "green light" letter of support, so your quest will be legitimized.

10-28-02 03:31 PM
Jaxx [quote]Dandelion* wrote:
>>Jaxx - I'm not sure why you are sounding so defensive. Perhaps I'm reading this wrong...

maybe you are. without eye contact it is hard to tell the intention behind the words and it was not my intention to sound defensive, the point i was making is that everyone is entitled to their opinion and i was also trying to make the point that opinions insight extreme passion for some. the other point i was making is that the discussion going on here is not going to affect the outcome of the situation. its a discussion on a board in cyberspace. big woop. lets for a moment assume the petition is wildly successful and they get a boatload of signatures. do you really think that's going to override the wishes of the family? do you really think a court would exhume a body because a bunch of "fans" are demanding it? i have more faith in the judicial system than that!

>>The posts you deleted attempted to lend a bit of levity to this topic.

for the record, i was NOT THE ONE that deleted the post. i have merely tried to contribute my 2 cents on the topic (ie, against this petition and why and the fact we are having this conversation here is not going to affect the big picture) and ask everyone to respect the opinions of others without the flame-o-rama.
10-28-02 03:32 PM
Raging GOAT!!! Who killed Paul McCartney, why, and how many chickens does it take to screw the lightbulb to the other side?

Answer: Chef Boyardee.
10-28-02 03:56 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
Miss U. wrote:
Miss U;

Anyone who's a Brian fan knows BRian's parents are not accessible, though it would be ideal to contact them about this. But I am in contact with his sons, as I've said before. So if they disapprove, they would tell me.

Why would any one who is a Brian fan know this? Why is it that Brian fans feel the need to CONTACT elderly people who happened to have had a son who was a pop star in the 1960s? Perhaps they avoid dealing with the likes of you because they feel threatened by the menacing, stalking, and regressive obsessive behavior and thought patterns so readily evident. If there is more than one of you, and not just in your head, if there are even up to a half dozen out there as your co conspirators - you should be ashamed of yourself/ves.

For the record, regarding this insanity - "Miss U" used to get so nuts she'd threaten to drown me, AZQB and several others over at Keno's. I wouldn't read the board for a month or two and then come back on several occasions to see her flaming and threatening others and accusing them of being me - since of course it is beyond her comprehension that more than a small handful cannot see HER as the selfless, HEROIC (indentification with a "star" and use of them in some way to make themselves a "star") and kind hearted crusader for the ultimate truth, the worship of the memory of Brian Jones and the restoration of his heroic image in the pantheon of Rock Gods. This is an auto mindfuck of monstrous proportions...someone please strike up Also Sprach Zarathustra....!
[Edited by Dandelion*]
10-28-02 04:23 PM
KeepRigid "I find it very amusing how Keith fans are so vehemently opposed to a petition like this....why would that be I wonder."

'Vehemently opposed'?

Where are you getting this?

I support the petition, but still think it's pretty fucking cool that Keith killed Brian.
10-28-02 04:30 PM
Jaxx so then, tell me, is the solution to continue to needle and provoke said person? i don't find that very productive either.
10-28-02 04:32 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
...but still think it's pretty fucking cool that Keith killed Brian.

No shit. I mean if one of them had to get smoked, I'm glad its Keith whacking Brian rather than the other way around. I guarantee on a stack of my bibles that they would not be playing CYHMK on this tour if that friggin' pansy ass "Bwian" was still playing guitar. We'd be hearing all that jive ass Elizabethan poetry that poofdick clown used to write. Madrigals and all that poncy stuff that snits listen to when they're drinking soup.

Piss that smack, double jack, I got your back, Ronnie!"
10-28-02 04:44 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
so then, tell me, is the solution to continue to needle and provoke said person? i don't find that very productive either.

But a little game of good cop bad cop can't hurt...

Keep and Moonie - stop that you crazy boys. We all know it was Charlie's Auntie Lizzy who had him offed. Something about him taking a piss in her basil pot if I recall correctly.
10-28-02 05:03 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Dandelion* wrote:
But a little game of good cop bad cop can't hurt...

good point. LOL. 2 funny, dandy. my strategy is usually to just resist slumming it. sometimes it takes alot of self discipline to keep my usually opinionated self quiet. i have found that ignoring is more effective than rebuttal and i don't have to play in the dirt to do it.
10-28-02 05:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well I've always enjoyed being dirty.

You should try it sometime.

It's really fun.

Besides, you can always jump in the shower when you are done.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6