ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007
© David Neff / DN DNES with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon, Portugal 25th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
27th June 2007 12:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

100% correct Sway.
Those times when JL Hooker or Clapton joined them on stage are over...Sadly playing with the Stones is now very common for young bands or megastars like Ci Juan, our fav band is not "sacred" anymore...

oh but its even worse than that!!!

think about this:
We had Van Morrison opening shows but the duet we got was with Paolo Nutiino..... WTF???!!?!?!??!

did they bring country legend Merle Fuckin Haggard out to sing on Wild Horses???? NO!!!! They had Sai Wong sing Wild Horses. Shorty didnt even know the words!

Next week Jet is opening. They do a good version of Salt Of The Earth and are one of few Stones disciples putting out records in 2007. But fat chance they bring em onstage for a number.... NOPE! Instead we get Anna Meva singing No Expectations... WHO THE FUCK IS SHE???
27th June 2007 12:21 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

think about this:
We had Van Morrison opening shows but the duet we got was with Paolo Nutiino..... WTF???!!?!?!??!

did they bring country legend Merle Fuckin Haggard out to sing on Wild Horses???? NO!!!! They had Sai Wong sing Wild Horses. Shorty didnt even know the words!

Next week Jet is opening. They do a good version of Salt Of The Earth and are one of few Stones disciples putting out records in 2007. But fat chance they bring em onstage for a number.... NOPE! Instead we get Anna Meva singing No Expectations... WHO THE FUCK IS SHE???

yeah, Jet & Van Morrison are good opening acts IMHO, as for Paulo Nutini, he's yet to enter my ipod
27th June 2007 12:24 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

he wasnt. It did. Really.

I LOVE you for crying G! Real men do cry!

xxoo,
Martha
27th June 2007 01:02 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Great job and great thread guys, can t see the pic of Chaz and Gaz (LOL)at work but will check it tonight!

Has the pic been posted? Can't see it anywhere either...
27th June 2007 01:03 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Instead we get Anna Meva singing No Expectations... WHO THE FUCK IS SHE???

http://www.anamoura.com/
27th June 2007 01:13 PM
egon
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Has the pic been posted? Can't see it anywhere either...

in gazza adventures thread.
27th June 2007 01:30 PM
Erik_Snow Crying at concerts can happen, glad to hear it wasn't during You Got Me Rocking
27th June 2007 02:18 PM
Martha
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
Crying at concerts can happen, glad to hear it wasn't during You Got Me Rocking

LOL! Good one Erik!

They'd have to rename it: You Got Me Sobbing!

xxoo,
Martha
27th June 2007 02:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
Crying at concerts can happen, glad to hear it wasn't during You Got Me Rocking

I almost did, but for an entirely different reason..LOL

well, we´re talking about a lump in the throat and little more , it was hardly the fuckin´´ River Jordan

Meeting Charlie though was a bit bizarre. When we saw him walk in through the lobby with the bodyguard I made sure we had the cellphone AND camera both primed. We only may get a few seconds (someone asked elsewhere what I was holding - it was my camera). I can tell you that when I was standing taking Mary´s pic and posing for my own, I was shaking like a leaf. Mary must have said "aw God bless ya Charlie" about five times.

Charlie takes a look at my George Best t shirt and initiates a brief conversation ;

CW (pointing)- Did you know him?

Me - Well, not personally - but I went to his funeral.

CW (shakes his head ruefully and nods) - He was a REALLY nice man

And off he goes into the lift, waving. It was nice to meet him and shake his hand. Even better getting a photograph. Completely made the entire trip.
27th June 2007 02:37 PM
Erik_Snow Great to hear Gazza, one doesn't see Charlie smiling that often, but he does in the photo. I wonder if Chalie had actually met George Best, I can't remember hearing about it.
Strange that it's possible to meet a Stone face to face in 2007, while on tour - you were lucky with that one
27th June 2007 02:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
Great to hear Gazza, one doesn't see Charlie smiling that often, but he does in the photo. I wonder if Chalie had actually met George Best, I can't remember hearing about it.

Oh he would have done. Charlie´s a big football fan and George Best was a Stones fan. Charlie said that about him with some degree of authority. Take a look at that famous 1965 BBC Top of the Pops clip of the Stones playing "The last time", and theres about 3 shots of Besty dancing somewhat ungainly in the studio audience.
27th June 2007 02:47 PM
FotiniD
quote:
egon wrote:

in gazza adventures thread.

Thanks, off to see it
27th June 2007 02:48 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I almost did, but for an entirely different reason..LOL

well, we´re talking about a lump in the throat and little more , it was hardly the fuckin´´ River Jordan

Meeting Charlie though was a bit bizarre. When we saw him walk in through the lobby with the bodyguard I made sure we had the cellphone AND camera both primed. We only may get a few seconds (someone asked elsewhere what I was holding - it was my camera). I can tell you that when I was standing taking Mary´s pic and posing for my own, I was shaking like a leaf. Mary must have said "aw God bless ya Charlie" about five times.

Charlie takes a look at my George Best t shirt and initiates a brief conversation ;

CW (pointing)- Did you know him?

Me - Well, not personally - but I went to his funeral.

CW (shakes his head ruefully and nods) - He was a REALLY nice man

And off he goes into the lift, waving. It was nice to meet him and shake his hand. Even better getting a photograph. Completely made the entire trip.

that is unbelievably cool, what an honour,
27th June 2007 02:51 PM
Gazza Erik (or anyone else who can help)

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,744400,page=1

I cant post on IORR as I dont have access to my password when not at home or my work PC. Stonesfrk, the guy who started that thread, was hoping to meet us tomorrow. If you can post a message there asking him for his email address (its not given on his profile) and then email him my cellphone number, that would be great. Otherwise I dont have a way of contacting him. Worth a try anyway. Thanks
27th June 2007 02:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

that is unbelievably cool, what an honour,

The weird thing was that the day before we were talking about what we´d say if we ever met any of the band. It probably works best if its not something about the Rolling Stones. Theyve heard all that shit before. I was telling them about FijiJoe meeting Charlie in an antique shop and how that was probably a good example of how to have a sensible conversation with any of them. Maybe its easier for them to show some interest in YOU if its something you have in common.

I met Charlie in Amsterdam 12 years ago. Of course, he was drunk and I was dumbstruck and there were loads of other fans around, so I absolutely blew it.
27th June 2007 02:57 PM
Erik_Snow Gazza, I'll do that right now ! I've got your phone number.
A big shame what happened to Frank.
edit: I think Rockman has got his e-mail, I'll shoot him a mail too
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
27th June 2007 03:09 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The weird thing was that the day before we were talking about what we´d say if we ever met any of the band. It probably works best if its not something about the Rolling Stones. Theyve heard all that shit before. I was telling them about FijiJoe meeting Charlie in an antique shop and how that was probably a good example of how to have a sensible conversation with any of them. Maybe its easier for them to show some interest in YOU if its something you have in common.

I met Charlie in Amsterdam 12 years ago. Of course, he was drunk and I was dumbstruck and there were loads of other fans around, so I absolutely blew it.

I agree, they're not gonna wanna hear blatant praise, it may embarass them maybe. Keeping relaxed and talking about a good topic the best way surely
27th June 2007 03:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Gazza? Tumbling Dice????

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Gazza wasn´t the only one who got a little misty. I found myself wiping the tears out of my eyes a few times. It really was THAT fucking good.
27th June 2007 03:17 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I went to 2 MSG shows in January 1998. We got premieres of the likes of Low Down, Might As Well Get Juiced, Already Over Me and Thief In The Night...

I was there too, Angiegirl! Three nights of Stones heaven. My favorite run of shows actually - well, till very recently, anyway...
27th June 2007 04:32 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

think about this:

it makes me weep and shit liquid while posting
27th June 2007 05:09 PM
Martha
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Gazza wasn´t the only one who got a little misty. I found myself wiping the tears out of my eyes a few times. It really was THAT fucking good.

Now THAT'S a STONES SHOW!

I so LOVE reading: It really was THAT fucking good.

God bless YOU Mary and Gary!!!!

Oh. ring a ding ding....it's my tea time!

xxoo,
Martha
27th June 2007 11:02 PM
open-g Gazza,
I see Erik has taken care for Frank's email address and so on (gold rings onya Erik)
I'd just like to tell you, I'm the backup if something doesn't work.
you got my mobile #
cheers - you're allready havin' the best fun ever
27th June 2007 11:14 PM
glencar
quote:
Jeep wrote:
[].

What an incredible shot!
27th June 2007 11:16 PM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I was there too, Angiegirl! Three nights of Stones heaven. My favorite run of shows actually - well, till very recently, anyway...

I only got to see the 1st show as I had a ski weekend planned long before the concert announcement. I heard they only got better!
29th June 2007 02:08 PM
danielharris627 Great story Gazza!! And nice setlist. Roll on August!!
30th June 2007 12:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
open-g wrote:
Gazza,
I see Erik has taken care for Frank's email address and so on (gold rings onya Erik)
I'd just like to tell you, I'm the backup if something doesn't work.
you got my mobile #
cheers - you're allready havin' the best fun ever

sorry I didnt see this in time, kalle. Many thanks for offering to help out.
30th June 2007 12:47 AM
Gazza May as well keep this in the proper thread, too!

Four Seasons Hotel, Lisbon 26th June

30th June 2007 02:52 AM
maumau 8-O !!!!!!!
1st July 2007 03:43 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

in the face of the worst ever album and highest ticket prices every, it is not even #10 on the uncool for this tour...

Let's not forget... Keith's MIA at shows, duets with Dave Matthews and Hong Kong Phoooey.
What else...
Short shows... Tarps... on stage seating... Cancellations b/c Micks pussy hurt!
A private show is actually kinda cool... wish I could afford one... I'd do it!

Oh gawd, I'm sittin' here at 3:39AM FINALLY reading this thread and ya just made me hock a blueberry up my nose. Jesus, pdog.
1st July 2007 04:46 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Martha wrote:

OH YEAH! They stomp the place into the ground with PIB!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTRM I want to know how this song FEELS when you return.

Thank you very kindly!

;-)

Funny you should mention that, Martha. PIB reduced me to tears at this show. Really.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)