ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007
© David Neff / DN DNES with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon, Portugal 25th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
26th June 2007 04:26 PM
jostorm Sorry, LJ, not meaning to poke fun. Please don't cry...

OK, I'm off packing now!

26th June 2007 04:30 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Sorry, LJ, not meaning to poke fun. Please don't cry...

OK, I'm off packing now!

It's okay, jo.
It's been one of my trademarks since grade school.

And right now, thinking about the experience my good friend Mary is having, I am sitting here with a wad of Kleenex.

I am soooo happy for her.
Please jo.
Take lots of pics.

I have come up with a brilliant idea.
I'm seriously thinking of making an RO 2008 Calendar featuring pics of various gatherings/summits.

I've already started a file with some photos.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
26th June 2007 04:35 PM
Saint Sway "awwww jeezus Edith would ya stop wid cryin over there"
26th June 2007 04:39 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

And right now, thinking about the experience my good friend Mary is having, I am sitting here with a wad of Kleenex.

Me too, cept mine isn't filled with tears!
26th June 2007 04:42 PM
open-g Gazza,
Did Charlie, Chuck and Blondie realize they were talking to the Rocks Off webmaster?
*hand-in-hip*

I see you're all having a helluva time and more coming up. great reporting too - keep it up.
looking forward to see some more pics.
have a good one - you too, Jo.

26th June 2007 04:43 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Only my comments via Egon by text. I thought they were REALLY good. I didnt notice any deterioration from last summerºs shows. If keith Richards has had a stroke, then sign me up for two of them please.

He was having a great time, smiling, grinning, playing to the crowd throughout. Running to the wings on Tumbling Dice, doing his little kicks, etc. Both him and Ronnie sounded fine (actually, scratch that, Ronnie was terrific). Mick missed acouple of cues here and there, but was his usual self. Charlie as of this afternoon is now officially the greatest man alive.

Personal highlights were a version of CYHMK with Woody on top form, the lovely surprise of No Expectations and as good a version of Tumbling Dice as Ive heard in years.

As for keith's set. he didnt play gtr on You got the silver, but shuffled over behind Ronnie during it as if he was going to grab his ass. He sang it beautifully. On wanna Hold You he just really played the solo, but his vocal on it was fine.

sounds good man, was No Expectations acoustic?
26th June 2007 04:43 PM
pdog
quote:
open-g wrote:
Gazza,
Did Charlie, Chuck and Blondie realize they were talking to the Rocks Off webmaster?
*hand-in-hip*

I see you're all having a helluva time and more coming up. great reporting too - keep it up.
looking forward to see some more pics.
have a good one - you too, Jo.

I heard they asked for Egon!
26th June 2007 05:18 PM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I sent Egon several pics from the bstage set, one of which was accompanied by the mesage "its all over now". Dont know what happened but they dont seem to have been uploaded.

everything i received was posted.

pics will be uploaded now. (in gazza's adventure thread)
i was out drinking.
i do have a life outside this board you know LOL
26th June 2007 05:33 PM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
where the hell is Egon with the pics we sent him this afternoon?

Mary and I ended up at the Stones hotel around 3.30 pm. Left around 4 hours later and about 90 Euro poorer after a few drinks, but with the pain of open wallet surgery somewhat eased by having met, chatted with and been photographed with Blondie, then Chuck and finally Sir Charles Robert Watts.
[Edited by Gazza]

http://novogate.com/board/968/237341-2.html#3621361
26th June 2007 05:48 PM
open-g
quote:
egon wrote:

everything i received was posted.

pics will be uploaded now. (in gazza's adventure thread)
i was out drinking.
i do have a life outside this board you know LOL

what? didn't Gazza tell you to stick to the desk 'till he's back?
26th June 2007 06:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG OK..must admit ..you did a great job Egon. I went through it really fast..but for some reason missed the photo of you posting nude?

And GTRM and Gazza have to be utterly thrilled!!

Can we stand one more time? Will Gazza make it through one more concert texting like a fool and taking photos while under the influence? Maybe we should let him relax and enjoy this next concert?
On second thought..nah

Lets hope Gazza has his phone sorted out by Thursday..gonna be a tough act following Egon...but someones got to do it.
26th June 2007 06:14 PM
jaggergurl O.....M....G!! WOW!! I AM SPEECHLESS>. YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THESE PICTURES... CONGRATS TO WODNERUFL GTRM &* WONDERFUL GAZZA!! CHARLIE WATTS!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THRILLING!!!
26th June 2007 08:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Shit too many great pictures for headers. This is Ana Moura the lucky bitch who sung a duet of No Expectations with da Stones yestarday

Thanks Peter Pan @ http://rocksoff.org/foro
26th June 2007 08:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
open-g wrote:
Gazza,

Agree 110% Charlie must hang that picture in his bedroom!
26th June 2007 08:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
This is Ana Moura the lucky bitch who sung a duet of No Expectations with da Stones yestarday

NOTE: By "Bitch" I mean "Come on Ana come to voodoo you'll get your rocks off easily", love ya
26th June 2007 08:48 PM
open-g
quote:
Shit too many great pictures for headers. This is Ana Moura the lucky bitch who sung a duet of No Expectations with da Stones yestarday

Thanks Peter Pan @ http://rocksoff.org/foro

I think Keith shouldn't wear that little crown - it belongs to Ana Moura, doesn't it?
26th June 2007 09:38 PM
Bitch
quote:

NOTE: By "Bitch" I mean "Come on Ana come to voodoo you'll get your rocks off easily", love ya

nice save

Gazza, GTRM, & the gang - Great exciting reviews and pics!

W -o - fvcking - W!!
27th June 2007 02:43 AM
FotiniD Man, such a great show, hanging out together AND a photo with Charlie?!?!?!? Talk about good Stones karma baby!!!

I'm unbelievably thrilled for you guys. Now find a way to post those pics!!
27th June 2007 05:42 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Man, such a great show, hanging out together AND a photo with Charlie?!?!?!? Talk about good Stones karma baby!!!

I'm unbelievably thrilled for you guys. Now find a way to post those pics!!

yeah, meeting Charlie really would be an honour
27th June 2007 06:20 AM
venturini Hi, guys, i'm Portuguese and i went to the show in Lisbon, i have many many photos, but i don't have internet in my home for a week, i will post the photos latter. It was a realy nice show, better than the last year in Porto, a encore with 7 minutes(brown Sugar), spectacular, mick running to b stage singing brown sugar alone...awesome!

one question, any bootleg of the show? Video or audio...??

If anyone have it, please contact: [email protected]

Cheers
27th June 2007 07:14 AM
corgi37 What a great thread. You did well Egon. Gazza, you lucky fucker. Great photo of you and Chazz.

It's when threads like this that i wish i lived in a hemisphere where i can go to another country in a matter of a couple of hours.

Fucking stupid southern hemispere.
27th June 2007 07:31 AM
maumau No expectations

27th June 2007 08:28 AM
Jeep Video report from national TV RTP :

27th June 2007 08:35 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
maumau wrote:
No expectations

she's a good singer
27th June 2007 10:46 AM
Saint Sway lately it seems like any obscure singer with a pop record can get onstage with the stones and hum a tune with them.

I fear that by the end of the tour the entire cast of American Idol will have sang onstage with them.

who are these people??? I've never heard a song by any of them!!

Anna Mura????
Cia Juan???
Paolo Nutini???
Gary Cherone??
Amy Winehouse???
Sai Wong???
Chris Jagger????????????????

OK. I know who Chris Jagger is... But that youtube clip was just painful to watch.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
27th June 2007 11:39 AM
Jumacfly Amy Winehouse got many success nowadays in Europe Sway.
Let's hope the guy called Mika, the lamest pop singer since James "Sheep" Blunt won t join them on stage...
27th June 2007 11:47 AM
Jumacfly Great job and great thread guys, can t see the pic of Chaz and Gaz (LOL)at work but will check it tonight!
Gazza I had the same feeling about TD!
cheers and thanks again
jU
27th June 2007 11:54 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Amy Winehouse got many success nowadays in Europe Sway.
Let's hope the guy called Mika, the lamest pop singer since James "Sheep" Blunt won t join them on stage...

agreed 100%
27th June 2007 11:55 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Amy Winehouse got many success nowadays in Europe Sway.

success should not be the lone barometer to which singers are allowed to sing onstage with "The Worlds Greatest R&R Band"

Clay Aiken is "succesful". That doesnt mean that he gets to duet with Mick on Dead Flowers.

I say, any artist that is bestowed the great honor of performing onstage with The Rolling Stones should have some sort of direct connection to their music - either a blues or country legend (Buddy Guy, Hubert Sumlin are fine examples)- or an upstart that has shown a musical influence derived from the Stones or the blues (Jack White is acceptable, Dave Mathews is not)

its time to put a foot down on all these pop starlets singing onstage. We should of tar and feathered Timberlake in Toronto but we let him get away.... and as a result things have just spiraled out of control since then (see: not capturing Bin Laden)
27th June 2007 12:02 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

success should not be the lone barometer to which singers are allowed to sing onstage with "The Worlds Greatest R&R Band"

Clay Aiken is "succesful". That doesnt mean that he gets to duet with Mick on Dead Flowers.

I say, any artist that is bestowed the great honor of performing onstage with The Rolling Stones should have some sort of direct connection to their music - either a blues or country legend (Buddy Guy, Hubert Sumlin are fine examples)- or an upstart that has shown a musical influence derived from the Stones or the blues (Jack White is acceptable, Dave Mathews is not)

its time to put a foot down on all these pop starlets singing onstage. We should of tar and feathered Timberlake in Toronto but we let him get away.... and as a result things have just spiraled out of control since then (see: not capturing Bin Laden)

100% correct Sway.
Those times when JL Hooker or Clapton joined them on stage are over...Sadly playing with the Stones is now very common for young bands or megastars like Ci Juan, our fav band is not "sacred" anymore...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)