ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007
© David Neff / DN DNES with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon, Portugal 25th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
26th June 2007 10:17 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:
Strange - in the photo of the audience it seems obvious that most of that front row is obviously not hispanic.

Dude, the Spanish are fairly light-skinned. Latin Americans are browner because of Inca, Aztec and other aborginal ancestry... In Mexico, as I understand it, taller, more Spanish- or European-looking guys like Vicente Fox form a sort of upper-caste.
26th June 2007 10:32 AM
egon portugal is a provence in spain...?
26th June 2007 10:34 AM
Mel Belli Whoops. For some reason, I thought I was in the Barcelona thread. In any case, the same principle applies to the Portuguese.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
26th June 2007 10:35 AM
egon
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Whoops. For some reason, I thought we were still talking about Barcelona. In any case, the same principle applies to the Portuguese.

aah, it's all "one" europe anyway.lol
26th June 2007 10:37 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
egon wrote:

If the EU elite has its way...
26th June 2007 11:03 AM
maumau some clips

SMU

SAT

26th June 2007 12:55 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:

I thought we dealt with that issue already last week? I know Poland did...
26th June 2007 01:16 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I thought we dealt with that issue already last week? I know Poland did...

No European flag!
26th June 2007 01:24 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
No European flag!

Yes, we did very well indeed...
26th June 2007 01:34 PM
Mrs M

Coming back from the lobby of the stones hotel in my room I love to write what I saw about 20 minutes ago: Two fans who could take photographs with Charlie. Gazza and Mary!!!

Congratulations - I am a witness

26th June 2007 01:36 PM
Angiegirl Wow, that's so cool! I'll bet he's tinglin'... (Charlie I mean)
26th June 2007 01:46 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Mrs M wrote:

Coming back from the lobby of the stones hotel in my room I love to write what I saw about 20 minutes ago: Two fans who could take photographs with Charlie. Gazza and Mary!!!

Congratulations - I am a witness

WHAT?!

26th June 2007 01:58 PM
angee MrsM, thanks for telling us about those pics of Charlie with Gazza and Mary!!

Hey, SweetVa, I'm only going to the first two 02 shows, so we can trade off, eh, with you holding down the fort for the last ABB concert, from what we know. I too hope to meet glencar and the rest of the RO'ers!

My appreciation goes out to Egon and Gazza for filling us all in on the set lists!
Olé!!!
26th June 2007 03:27 PM
Gazza where the hell is Egon with the pics we sent him this afternoon?

Mary and I ended up at the Stones hotel around 3.30 pm. Left around 4 hours later and about 90 Euro poorer after a few drinks, but with the pain of open wallet surgery somewhat eased by having met, chatted with and been photographed with Blondie, then Chuck and finally Sir Charles Robert Watts.

Needless to say we were so happy we could shit.

Charlie was terrific. He spotted my George Best t shirt,asked me if I knew him and then started telling me what a nice guy he was.

Blondie and Chuck were very pleasant too and very easy to chat to.

Oh, and Lisbon is a fantastic city. Amazing nightlife L(the place only really gets going at around 2 am! And that was on a Monday night!)

Thanks to Marianne (MrsM) for posting that little bit of news...it was good to meet you yesterday and again this afternoon.

Note : For anybody whos been texting me this afternoon, having some problems with my phone. I seem to have exceeded my credit limit for this month and until I contact y provider, I cant send or call anyone Hopefully will get it sorted later on.

[Edited by Gazza]
26th June 2007 03:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
no way Gazza wrote "it reduced me to tears." That wily egon is taking poetic liberties...

he wasnt. It did. Really.
26th June 2007 03:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
sssoul wrote:
only one number *on* the b-stage, though?
did an sms get derailed en route?

I sent Egon several pics from the bstage set, one of which was accompanied by the mesage "its all over now". Dont know what happened but they dont seem to have been uploaded.
26th June 2007 03:55 PM
Saint Sway Gazza? Tumbling Dice????

[Edited by Saint Sway]
26th June 2007 04:04 PM
GotToRollMe What a fucking show last night, Keith was dancing around Woody during You Got The Silver and selling the song like an old vaudevillian, and playing guitar like a madman during the rest of the show. LJ, you would have LOVED it! They were all having the time of their lives up there last night, and so were we! Then today we got to meet, greet, and be photographed with Blondie, Chuck and my good friend Charlie (hereinafter known as Chaz the Faz from Alcatraz). Fucking hell. Lisbon ROCKS. I can't believe I get to see them again on Thursday!

Sorry my cellphone isn't working over here, my dear LJ. Hopefully when I get to Madrid I'll be able to do something about that. I SO wanted to text you during the show last night. Same goes for the rest of you girls - wish you were all here. This is one for the books, babies!

Sending this from an internet cafe. Hope I get that damn phone working tomorrow. Wait till you guys see the pics we got with da boyz!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
26th June 2007 04:04 PM
luxury1 is there a musical/visual review from Gazza somewhere?
26th June 2007 04:08 PM
thejuf can anyone send me the nr of Gazza's cellphone by PM?
thanks!
26th June 2007 04:08 PM
jostorm Get off the sodding chair in that cybercafe and onto your sodding phone provider, otherwise I won't be able to contact you and GTRM when you get to Madrid, the consequences of which will be:

No meeting up for breakfast on Thursday.
No way of finding one another at the sodding football stadium.
No fabulous city tour with someone who knows the places to go to.
No hanging out fos at the concert.
NO LIVING DOCUMENTARY FOR OUR FRIENDS (LJ just started sobbing, just think of the poor girl!...)
No dinner after the show in my favourite restaurant with amazing chiba, even more amazing food, and the most exclusive wines (insiders only!).
No night of debauchery of any kind.
GTRM and I will blatantly and absolutely refuse to soap your back in the shower Friday morning !(Oh YES, we WILL!)

Are you still sitting in that cafe?????
Or are you suddenly overcome by emotion and crying your eyes out?????
Good!

PS: Good job I have GTRM's cell phone number, right???
PPS: and I got my cell phone today...SV: do you think I ought to dye my hair blonde to do my brain some justice????.....

26th June 2007 04:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
is there a musical/visual review from Gazza somewhere?

Only my comments via Egon by text. I thought they were REALLY good. I didnt notice any deterioration from last summerºs shows. If keith Richards has had a stroke, then sign me up for two of them please.

He was having a great time, smiling, grinning, playing to the crowd throughout. Running to the wings on Tumbling Dice, doing his little kicks, etc. Both him and Ronnie sounded fine (actually, scratch that, Ronnie was terrific). Mick missed acouple of cues here and there, but was his usual self. Charlie as of this afternoon is now officially the greatest man alive.

Personal highlights were a version of CYHMK with Woody on top form, the lovely surprise of No Expectations and as good a version of Tumbling Dice as Ive heard in years.

As for keith's set. he didnt play gtr on You got the silver, but shuffled over behind Ronnie during it as if he was going to grab his ass. He sang it beautifully. On wanna Hold You he just really played the solo, but his vocal on it was fine.
26th June 2007 04:12 PM
pdog This is all so intense, I just crapped myself...

On purpose!
26th June 2007 04:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
thejuf wrote:
can anyone send me the nr of Gazza's cellphone by PM?
thanks!

I have your number. ILll text you when I get things up and running again
26th June 2007 04:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Get off the sodding chair in that cybercafe and onto your sodding phone provider, otherwise I won't be able to contact you and GTRM when you get to Madrid, the consequences of which will be:

No meeting up for breakfast on Thursday.
No way of finding one another at the sodding football stadium.
No fabulous city tour with someone who knows the places to go to.
No hanging out fos at the concert.
NO LIVING DOCUMENTARY FOR OUR FRIENDS (LJ just started sobbing, just think of the poor girl!...)
No dinner after the show in my favourite restaurant with amazing chiba, even more amazing food, and the most exclusive wines (insiders only!).
No night of debauchery of any kind.
GTRM and I will blatantly and absolutely refuse to soap your back in the shower Friday morning !(Oh YES, we WILL!)

Are you still sitting in that cafe?????
Or are you suddenly overcome by emotion and crying your eyes out?????
Good!

PS: Good job I have GTRM's cell phone number, right???
PPS: and I got my cell phone today...SV: do you think I ought to dye my hair blonde to do my brain some justice????.....

Dry your knickers! I have your number so if worst comes to the worst Iºll call you from a regular phone! GTRMºs cellphone doesnt work in Europe. We,re all staying at the Best western arosa on Gran Via, so weºll be around there in early afternoon anyway.
26th June 2007 04:17 PM
pdog You can get by w/o cell phones. If things go weird, leave messages at the hotel... That's why we pay them all that money to stay there....
You guys are going to fuck shit up, this has all the makings of the best get together of the tour so far...
I know I'm very jealous, i wish i could be there...
26th June 2007 04:21 PM
jostorm Oh, so GTRM's phone doesn't work either...oops!
GTRM: try and get a simcard and text me your Spanish number on mine? I may even do the same.
GAZZA: in case everything goes pear-shaped, just text me the name of your hotel and the Nr on Gran Via (it's a fucking long street, believe me!) and I'll meet you there Thursday morning, ok???
My nephew lives just next to the Bernabeu stadium, I'll just grab the metro and rush across.

THEJUF: I'll do it in 5 secs.
26th June 2007 04:21 PM
LadyJane O
M
G.

Am I reading this correctly???

You chatted and were photographed with Charlie Watts????

This is absolutely outstanding news.

LJ.

And if ONE more person makes fun of my penchant for crying,,,,well,,,,well,,,,I'll cry!!!!!!!!!!
26th June 2007 04:24 PM
jostorm This simultaneous posting is very discombobulating...

Ok, Ok and OK.

Changed into new knickers.

Can't wait!

26th June 2007 04:25 PM
thejuf
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Oh, so GTRM's phone doesn't work either...oops!
GTRM: try and get a simcard and text me your Spanish number on mine? I may even do the same.
GAZZA: in case everything goes pear-shaped, just text me the name of your hotel and the Nr on Gran Via (it's a fucking long street, believe me!) and I'll meet you there Thursday morning, ok???
My nephew lives just next to the Bernabeu stadium, I'll just grab the metro and rush across.

THEJUF: I'll do it in 5 secs.

don't worry, I'll do it in less than 3 secs...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)