ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GAZZA's Adventures. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
29th June 2007 03:03 PM
mojoman congrats on the shake!!!
29th June 2007 03:18 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
congrats on the shake!!!

mojo ........................................

Always look on the ' bright side ' of life :

" Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life... "

[Edited by Joey]
29th June 2007 03:27 PM
egon Fantastic!
i'm crying.
are you guys crying?
cos i am.
crying that is.
29th June 2007 03:33 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
Fantastic!
i'm crying.
are you guys crying?
cos i am.
crying that is.

Baby Egon ...........................

What we drinkin' ?!

Please ..... I's needs to's knows !!!!!!

Developing .......................

Baby Joe Wolcott !

29th June 2007 03:39 PM
SweetVirginia I'm guessing Rosé or Heineken....
[Edited by SweetVirginia]
29th June 2007 03:42 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza has taken digital pix but I don't think he'll be able to download them until tomorrow, according to previous posts.

:-)
29th June 2007 03:45 PM
Martha
quote:
egon wrote:
Fantastic!
i'm crying.
are you guys crying?
cos i am.
crying that is.

Yes of COURSE I'm crying!!!!!

I cry whenever I'm posting at our message board.

And...... I may never stop!

;-)
29th June 2007 03:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:

:-)

Hi Martha .................................

It is almost ** PUB TIME **
29th June 2007 03:56 PM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hi Martha .................................

It is almost ** PUB TIME **

Hello my Prince. And please don't forget it's about to be Martha' s' "Tea Time". ;-)

...."for chrissakes..have a cuppa tea!"

Have you listened to your Muswell Hillbilly CD lately? Next time you spin it, make sure to think of me when you get to that track.

And......remember to have a cuppa tea!

xxxxxxxooooooo,
Martha

PS Is there really ANYTHING stopping you from meeting me in KC Monday July 16th?

29th June 2007 10:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza has taken digital pix but I don't think he'll be able to download them until tomorrow, according to previous posts.

No chance of a pic with Mick or Keith. It all happened too fast. Got one of Mary with Bernard and both of us separately with Lisa. Got to see and (briefly) speak to the entire band with the exception of Ronnie, whom we didnt see at all. Charlie seemed to remember us from Lisbon, as did Chuck who came back a 2nd time to wave goodbye to us. We did say a quick hello to Cohl. I bit my lip and wished him a nice flight (couldnt really say 'great work on the tour, Mike' after all, and had I actually started a conversation with him and mentioned ticket prices or corporate gigs, I'd have both missed my flight and ended up being arrested)

I'll upload what pics I can tomorrow (just got home a while ago and Mary is stopping over in Dublin, flying back to NYC in the morning) and recount more of the show and today's mad events after I get a snooze.

That elevator door opening and seeing Keith standing there, resplendent in shades and hat is an image I'll take to my grave.

Have to say though I'm absolutely delighted for Mary more than anything that she got to shake Keith's hand. I have four more shows this summer, this was her last one and she came a long, long way, and it was her first time in Europe. Last night may well have been her last show, but if it was, her final memory of the trip before making a mad dash to the airport was a brief encounter with Keith. If thats a way of finishing (and lets hope it isnt) it was certainly a great way to do it.
[Edited by Gazza]
29th June 2007 10:23 PM
glencar Nicely done!
30th June 2007 12:00 AM
Gazza A few before bedtime :

Four Seasons Hotel, Lisbon 26th June

Palace Hotel, Madrid 29th June

(The one of Mary with Bernard is a bit dark, will have to work on it)

Some of 'The Madrid Mob' at checkout today :

[Edited by Gazza]
30th June 2007 12:15 AM
pdog Gazza!!! Mary!!! OMG!!!
30th June 2007 12:23 AM
LadyJane pdog..I keep calling your cell.

lj
30th June 2007 12:31 AM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
pdog..I keep calling your cell.

lj

I left it in the car today, my wife has been out in the car... She probably got a kick out of seeing Lad Jane on the call ID. some of our handles are funny... Should i call you back, is it too late, everything okay?
30th June 2007 12:56 AM
parmeda Great pictures, G!
I cannot WAIT to see the others and read the details behind them!

Welcome home
30th June 2007 12:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Great pictures, G!
I cannot WAIT to see the others and read the details behind them!

Welcome home

thanks, hun. Those are the main ones, but I'll give some more 'reviews' when I get time.

You were discussed, on glowing terms!

30th June 2007 12:59 AM
mrhipfl lol awesome! Charlie still looks bored
30th June 2007 01:00 AM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
thanks, hun. Those are the main ones, but I'll give some more 'reviews' when I get time.

You were discussed, on glowing terms!

Damn that Jagger!
I told him to keep his mouth shut!!!
30th June 2007 08:49 AM
Martha "That elevator door opening and seeing Keith standing there, resplendent in shades and hat is an image I'll take to my grave."

T

H

U

D

Okay, it'sTRUE!!!!!!!!! I am truly stunned. Tears on my cheeks. Need my morning coffee....

G, I told ya' to meet Keith for that kiss. Sounds like you got one! :-)

Is this your first time meeting him?

Mary, I am MORE than thrilled for you darlin'. I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling. Floating in the clouds.......;-)

I'll be smiling all day long thanks to this great news.

xxoo,
Martha
30th June 2007 09:21 AM
LadyJane "Have to say though I'm absolutely delighted for Mary more than anything that she got to shake Keith's hand. I have four more shows this summer, this was her last one and she came a long, long way, and it was her first time in Europe. Last night may well have been her last show, but if it was, her final memory of the trip before making a mad dash to the airport was a brief encounter with Keith. If thats a way of finishing (and lets hope it isnt) it was certainly a great way to do it."

Amen.
And she was wearing her Keef "Too Tough to Die Shirt" when she shook that hand.
OUTSTANDING

LJ.
30th June 2007 09:55 AM
LadyJane Gazza, I am absolutely thrilled for you.
What an adventure.
And this is just the beginning.

Stones Karma is shining on RO.

When someone has a minute, could you kindly identify those in this pic??

LJ.
30th June 2007 10:06 AM
Stray Cat UK Great pictures Gazza !

I have to ask - on the picture with Lisa, where's your other hand ? !!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!

sc uk
[Edited by Stray Cat UK]
30th June 2007 10:21 AM
open-g Gazza,
Did Charlie or Chuck, Lisa and Blondie actually realize they were talking to the Rocks Off webmaster? were you mentioning RO?

Great pics and adventure - that's way to go
30th June 2007 10:32 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Gazza, I am absolutely thrilled for you.
What an adventure.
And this is just the beginning.

Stones Karma is shining on RO.

When someone has a minute, could you kindly identify those in this pic??

LJ.

Friends of mine, all English fans from IORR

Paulywaul, Beast, BarRoomQueen, LondonStone, Mr. Jimmy

[Edited by Gazza]
30th June 2007 10:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
open-g wrote:
Gazza,
Did Charlie or Chuck, Lisa and Blondie actually realize they were talking to the Rocks Off webmaster? were you mentioning RO?

Great pics and adventure - that's way to go

Mary mentioned the site to Blondie Chaplin and Chuck Leavell in Lisbon. Blondie asked us to say hi to everyone and to say we'd met him. Mary was telling Chuck she'd sent him a few e-mails about the setlists and thanked him for doing what he could, I think. Have to be honest and say that EVERY one of the band members and backing musicians we chatted to were VERY nice and gracious. We tried to not take up much of their time and plague them, and got out of there once we'd said hello and got a pic, which I think was the main reason why their security people and the hotel staff gave us no hassle.
[Edited by Gazza]
30th June 2007 10:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Great pictures Gazza !

I have to ask - on the picture with Lisa, where's your other hand ? !!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!

"between two pillows" ('Planes, Trains & Automobiles' reference)
30th June 2007 11:16 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

And she was wearing her Keef "Too Tough to Die Shirt" when she shook that hand.
OUTSTANDING

LJ.

I gave Mary that shirt! What a perfect thing to be wearing when one meets the Riffmaster....

30th June 2007 02:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

That elevator door opening and seeing Keith standing there, resplendent in shades and hat is an image I'll take to my grave.

Have to say though I'm absolutely delighted for Mary more than anything that she got to shake Keith's hand. I have four more shows this summer, this was her last one and she came a long, long way, and it was her first time in Europe. Last night may well have been her last show, but if it was, her final memory of the trip before making a mad dash to the airport was a brief encounter with Keith. If thats a way of finishing (and lets hope it isnt) it was certainly a great way to do it.
[Edited by Gazza]

Peggy was reading this to me while I was driving us home from Ann Arbor from her Blackberry and she got "goosebumps" from your wonderful prose, dear Gazza!!

Glad you had a wonderful time, with memories to last a lifetime. And can't even express how happy I am for Mary!
30th June 2007 03:23 PM
Gazza The "group" pix taken above were at lunchtime in our hotel just after we'd all checked out. Some of our party were flying on to El Ejido, some back to England and Mary and myself on to Dublin. As our flight wasnt scheduled to leave until 6.35 pm, we had a couple of hours to kill.

The plan was we'd go for some lunch, maybe take a quick look around the Stones hotel (maybe for 30 mins or so) and then back to the hotel to get a taxi to the airport at around 3.30. We got to the hotel around 2.30 (hadnt managed to get any lunch) which was about a 20 minute walk from our own hotel.

Didnt expect much to be happening, but I figured something may be possible when the first person I saw as soon as I walked in the door was Bobby Keys, who was walking out with his luggage. So, we decided to discreetly hang around in the lobby, near to the elevators (a follow on form our Lisbon experience). Chuck Leavell came past, seemed to remember us from Lisbon and said hello again. A very laid back Bernard Fowlwer was then checkin'out so we had a chat with him for a couple of minutes, got a pic of him with Mary, and then went back to where we were. The hotel staff were very relaxed. I think they could sense we werent going to plague anyone or be overbearing, as after we'd said hello to anyone (or got a pic) we'd just leave them alone.

Thankfully, there were only a small number of people in the lobby area, which helps matters greatly. It reduces the risk of some demanding over-enthusiastic idiot ruining things for everyone.

A few band personnel such as Arnold Dunn and assorted bodyguards were hovering around, some of the horn section were leaving, so we figured the Stones must still be in the hotel and due to leave relatively soon. The issue was that, even though we had a great vantage point, would we get to actually see them as it was now past 3 pm and we were getting pushed for time. We were sitting down again when Cohl walked past us. I gave Mary a nudge, and she quite audibly sneered "Rat bastid" in his general direction. Fortunately no one heard. LOL.

Chuck came past with his wife, finally leaving the hotel and turned and waved goodbye to us. Very nice of him. Then we saw Lisa emerge into the lobby and shuffled over to speak to her before she went out the door. She was really sweet. I told her (in all sincerity) that I'd never heard her sing anything as well as she'd done "Night Time" the night before. That definitely secured the two photos we got. LOL. Darryl Jones came out of the elevator,laden down with bags (you'd think they'd get someone to do this for him) shook hands and we spoke to him for a minute or so.

By this stage, the only band personnel left to come out were the Stones themselves. It was now about 3.30. We'd decided to bite the bullet and stay until 4, cab it to the hotel, get the driver to wait til we grabbed our luggage and then go to the airport. Cohl came out of the bar again and squinted across the lobby at Mary's "Too Tough to Die" t-shirt. She decided to walk over to him, and as she got there someone handed him a cellphone. He gestured to her to wait a second, finished his call and then they had a brief chat. I said hello to him and wished him a safe trip. I'd no time to discuss ticket prices or tarps!! Mary said that she'd heard him say to the person on the phone that "Mick is leaving at 4 pm". Christ, are we going to have time for this or what, I thought.

So we stood at the top of the steps in the lobby, watching elevators descend and being disappointed when "ordinary people" emerged from them. At this point, Charlie emerges from the side of the lobby and walks down the steps about 5 yards from us. Having had our moment with him two days ago, we decided not to bother him again, but the immaculate white suit he had on couldnt pass without comment.

Me - Hello again, Charlie
Charlie - (recognising us) - Hi there!
Me - Nice suit, mate!
Charlie (laughing and looking down at it) - Thanks!

At this point, I'm standing about ten yards in front of the elevator, and Mary is in front of me, talking to me and with her back to it. 3.40 pm. The elevator opens, and my mug must have been a picture, as my jaw drops and I simply utter "Oh... Fuck!" Mick emerges from the elevator with bodyguard in tow, who sees my camera, makes sure he's in between us both and looks at us and says "no photos please". Fair enough. This I expected and had been told about. Mick is TOTALLY focussed on getting down the stairs, through the lobby and out the door without making eye contact with anyone. As he gets to within five feet of us, we say hi to him, he turns very quickly, says 'hi' back and on he goes, only to stop briefly on the bottom of the stair to turn and say something to a couple of girls (!!). Like the rest of the band when you see them first, your first impression is how small and thin they all look. Mick obviously looks healthier than the rest, but there really is nothing of him.

That only leaves Keith & Woody. We're surprised Woody hasnt emerged and are half expecting Keith to be way behind everyone else. A slightly larger crowd has gathered, so the staff politely ask us to move to the side a little - presumably so as whoever is coming next can get out OK. It's now almost 3.50. More elevator doors open and various people emerge. I am beginning to hate them. Then, all of a sudden, the elevator descends again, it opens (it probably took about a second, but it seemed to take hours), and my next words were a quite audible gasp of "Oh Fucking Christ..". Keith's standing there, in a cool waistcoat, with shades and hat, looking as cool as fuck, standing against the back of the elevator with his legs at an angle in that little pose he has. Like I said earlier, an image I'll take to my grave.

Out he comes with the 2 bodyguards, and in the space of about 5- 10 seconds a few of us get a quick handshake, and a reply to our various greetings of 'hi keith', 'we love ya, keith' etc. I have NO idea what he said. I have also NO idea what his face was like. All I can remember is a pair of shades and a hat walking past me and shaking hands with a limb that seemed to emerge from underneath them. Any other attempt at recalling detail is gone. If you'd told me that my head had exploded, I wouldnt have known. It was REALLY too difficult to have got a pic at close proximity with 2 guys beside him, but I got one of him walking through the lobby.

We hung around for another ten minutes and the absence of pretty much any Stones people running around suggested that we'd missed Woody, so we decided to end our expedition on that little high note and try and make our plane. The lunch would have to wait another time....

[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)