ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Celebrating "Superblow" Number 12!!
Ahmet Ertegun tribute, NYC, April 17, 2007
© Kevin Mazur thanks moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith snorted his father. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
4th April 2007 08:18 PM
Riffhard "Would you let your granddaughter marry a Rolling Stone's grandson"

This is pure media manipulation plain and simple. I think that the publicity went a bit awry and therefore Jane Rose had to step in and claim it was an April Fool's joke. I don't know if Keith did it or not,but one thing I do know is that the Stones are about to hit the road and once again they are on the cover of every newspaper and television screen around the globe! They may not have the same song writing chops they once had, but they still can manipulate the press like the legends that they are.

Riffy
4th April 2007 08:22 PM
pdog I agree with what Kath said, do any of us really care anyway?
4th April 2007 08:29 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thank fuck, in that case. He's a guitarist in a rock n roll band who are going on tour about two weeks after it comes out in case these PC-obsessed arseclags have forgotten.

Less time for Hollywood and more time for tour rehearsals. Fine by me.

that's funny. i kind of thought the same thing when i read it. it seemed quite presumptuous to assume keef would be doing any press for the film, at all. i dont see his cameo as being a draw @ the box office. in fact, i was under the impression that this was something j depp hooked for keef, really so he could get a fat paycheck (seeing as how depp has made fabulous bank in the series, basically imitating keef). i certainly would never have thought keef was gonna do press junkets and sh*t like that. i doubt he will even be at a premiere, unless they bring it to him.

although i have seen him at the golden globes and the after-parties in years past, so who knows..?

the whole thing needs to be filed in the "who gives a sh*t?" drawer. but i feel obligated to post the news when i see it :P

4th April 2007 09:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Snuff and nonsense
ALICE WYLLIE
The Scotsman,April 5, 2007

IT'S NOT where most people would hope to spend eternity - up Keith Richards's nose - but in an interview with NME the Rolling Stones' lead guitarist suggested that this was the unfortunate fate that befell his father Bert: Richards cut his ashes with cocaine and snorted them.

The wizened 63-year-old said: "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

The star's publicist yesterday dismissed the comment as a joke, but Richards's reputation for imbibing unusual substances would suggest that not everyone will necessarily be convinced by that explanation. After all, he has certainly survived worse.

Bert Richards died five years ago at the age of 84 and regardless of whether he, as Richards put it, "wouldn't have cared" about his son's choice for his final resting place, he probably wouldn't have been surprised.

Richards may be recognised as perhaps the greatest rhythm guitarist in rock'n'roll, but he is even more legendary for his superhuman ability to survive the most debauched excesses of the rock lifestyle.

His relentless consumption of drugs and alcohol has been well documented, and the world has watched in awe and admiration as he has survived episodes that would have spelled the speedy demise for lesser mortals.

Perhaps more than any other rocker, Richards has the most legendary reputation for substance abuse, and his copious and varied drug-taking has led to him becoming a constant butt of jokes. Bill Hicks and Robin Williams have both referred to him in their acts, suggesting that in the event of a nuclear apocalypse, all that would survive would be cockroaches... and Keith Richards.

The first of a succession of arrests for drug possession was in 1967, and in 1977 he was arrested in Canada for possession of 22 grams of heroin. He was charged with importing narcotics, but avoided jail by agreeing to play a charity concert for the blind.

The legendary episodes that he has survived include onstage electrification in 1965 when he was given a mighty shock by faulty wiring, from which he only regained consciousness an hour later, and a period of nine days without sleep that ended when he fell face-first into a speaker. "I was doing a lot of blow, and everything was just too interesting for me to go to bed," he has said of that incident.

When the group's accountants forced them to move abroad to avoid paying tax in 1971, Richards's Chelsea flat was famously recreated for him in order to persuade him to move. Legend has it that he fell asleep and awoke hours later on the same sofa in what appeared to be the same room, without realising he'd been transported to the south of France.

How much truth there is in some of the wilder tales of his substance abuse is up for debate. When his heroin dependency reached the point where it was preventing him performing, Richards realised that he had to kick the addiction pretty quickly. Unfortunately, coming off heroin is no easy feat, so legend has it that he solved the problem by having all his blood replaced.

Rehab simply wasn't rock'n'roll enough for him so, rumour has it, he persuaded a Swiss doctor to swap his filthy old claret for some toxin-free stuff. Richards has denied the incident, but it persists as one of the most notorious rock'n'roll myths.

No matter what he does, we are happy to let him away with it, like a loveable drunk old uncle. So what is it about him that means we can forgive him anything?

"Richards gets away with everything and anything, and we all just laugh, yet we berate Pete Doherty for what he gets up to, which pales in comparison to Richards's antics," says Ellis Cashmore, a sociologist and the author of Celebrity/Culture.

"I think that we go easy on his generation of rock stars, simply because they come from times that were a little bit more innocent. However, Richards is in a class of his own, and I think that to a certain extent we like to live vicariously through him.

"He is the quintessential rock star because he has never given up the rock'n'roll lifestyle, and probably never will. The rest of us who grew up with the Stones are all worrying about mortgages, jobs and kids, but he remains eternally 21. I think that, to a certain extent, we all wish we could be a little bit more like Keith Richards."

What perhaps makes Richards so unique is that even as he approaches his 70th year, he is showing no signs of toning down the rock lifestyle.

With his gangly frame swaying precariously, a face like rhinoceros hide and a grimy grin, he was the inspiration for Johnny Depp's performance as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean.

He is making a cameo appearance as Sparrow's father in the last film of the trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. According to his fellow cast-member Bill Nighy, Richards was so drunk on the set that director Gore Verbinski had to hold his shins steady while he filmed his scenes.

And, when he wanted to show one of his grandchildren a coconut in April last year while on holiday in Fiji, he was not content with simply waiting for one to fall from a palm tree. Instead, he decided to scale the trunk himself and pluck one from among the leaves. However, what goes up must come down, and the leathery rocker underwent brain surgery after falling out of the tree.

He has said his longevity in the face of alcohol and drug abuse is simply down to luck: "I've no pretensions about immortality. I was number one on the Who's Likely to Die list for ten years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list."

Whether or not he Hoovered his father, such a wild story is simply what we have come to expect from a man who has ingested everything he has laid his hands on and more.

As the man himself once said: "Keith Richards has got to do everything once."

OTHER WILD ONES
FREDDIE STARR
IT WAS perhaps the most famous tabloid headline of all time, the Sun's 1986 splash, "Freddie Starr ate my hamster". According to the story, Starr, below, had been staying at the home of Vince McCaffrey and his girlfriend Lea La Salle in Birchwood when, on returning home from a performance at a Manchester nightclub, he demanded La Salle make him a sandwich. When she refused, he put her pet hamster Supersonic between two slices of bread and ate the whole thing.

Starr denies the story, saying in his 2001 autobiography Unwrapped, "I have never eaten or even nibbled a live hamster, gerbil, guinea pig, mouse, shrew, vole or any other small mammal."

OZZY OSBOURNE
Under the influence of drugs and alcohol, the Black Sabbath frontman has tried to kill his wife Sharon, shot 17 cats and snorted a line of ants. On one occasion, Sharon took all his clothes out of their hotel room in an attempt to prevent him going out drinking. Undeterred, he simply donned one of her dresses and headed out on the lash.

However, for all his bad behaviour, he is most famous for biting the head off a live bat while performing on stage.

"A fan threw it on stage and I thought it was a toy," he has said. "It must have been stunned by the lights because it looked dead when I picked it up. I put it in my mouth as a joke. Its wings started flapping and I ripped it out of my mouth but its head came off."

KEITH MOON
Famous for destroying his drum kit, blowing up toilets and throwing TV sets out of hotel-room windows, The Who's drummer painted his Rolls Royce lilac using house paint. His 1975 solo album Two Sides of the Moon reportedly cost $200,000 to record and a further $200,000 to finance the non-stop studio party that went with it. During The Who's first US tour in 1967, Moon celebrated his birthday in his own inimitable style. Claiming it was his 21st (it was in fact his 20th) to get around US licensing laws, he spent the day drinking with cronies at the Holiday Inn in Flint, Michigan. The party culminated with a naked Moon evading police to drive a Lincoln Continental into the hotel pool.

STEVIE NICKS
Known as a "Fleetwood Enema", it is rumoured that the Fleetwood Mac singer and solo artist took her cocaine addiction to such disturbed depths that she had cocaine blown up her rectum with a straw. Apparently, the inside of her nose had been ruined after years of drug abuse so, rather than kick the habit, she improvised. Nicks recently branded these rumours "absurd".

LED ZEPPELIN
Their appetite for groupies was insatiable, notorious - and rather unconventional. Legend has it that, while staying at Seattle's Edgewater Inn, the band discovered they could fish from the window of their hotel room. They caught several sharks and hung them in the wardrobe. However, after getting bored of this, they decided to involve a groupie in their antics. There are various versions of what happened next, each unprintable; suffice it to say that a willing groupie was told by one band-member: "Let's see how your red snapper likes this red snapper!"

IGGY POP
Iggy Pop was infamous for his substance abuse and taking his clothes off at every available moment. On one occasion while under the influence, he was nearly run over while lying down in a car park. Apparently, he leapt to his feet and screamed, "You asshole, you almost killed me. You could've stopped the history of rock'n'roll."

During a performance on Australian TV, he made no attempt to conceal the fact he was miming, even trying to grab teenage girls in the audience. A stoned Iggy was later interviewed by the show's host, during which the singer jumped up and down on his chair shouting "G'day mate" in a mock Australian accent.
4th April 2007 09:22 PM
_Boomy_
4th April 2007 10:16 PM
kath
quote:
and a period of nine days without sleep that ended when he fell face-first into a speaker. "I was doing a lot of blow, and everything was just too interesting for me to go to bed," he has said of that incident.

perfect keith quote. when jack sparrow discovered he was dead in the moonlight, he said "interesting" too!!! coincidence??? i think not...........
4th April 2007 10:20 PM
kath
quote:
OTHER WILD ONES
FREDDIE STARR
IT WAS perhaps the most famous tabloid headline of all time, the Sun's 1986 splash, "Freddie Starr ate my hamster". According to the story, Starr, below, had been staying at the home of Vince McCaffrey and his girlfriend Lea La Salle in Birchwood when, on returning home from a performance at a Manchester nightclub, he demanded La Salle make him a sandwich. When she refused, he put her pet hamster Supersonic between two slices of bread and ate the whole thing.

Starr denies the story, saying in his 2001 autobiography Unwrapped, "I have never eaten or even nibbled a live hamster, gerbil, guinea pig, mouse, shrew, vole or any other small mammal."

OZZY OSBOURNE
Under the influence of drugs and alcohol, the Black Sabbath frontman has tried to kill his wife Sharon, shot 17 cats and snorted a line of ants. On one occasion, Sharon took all his clothes out of their hotel room in an attempt to prevent him going out drinking. Undeterred, he simply donned one of her dresses and headed out on the lash.

However, for all his bad behaviour, he is most famous for biting the head off a live bat while performing on stage.

"A fan threw it on stage and I thought it was a toy," he has said. "It must have been stunned by the lights because it looked dead when I picked it up. I put it in my mouth as a joke. Its wings started flapping and I ripped it out of my mouth but its head came off."

KEITH MOON
Famous for destroying his drum kit, blowing up toilets and throwing TV sets out of hotel-room windows, The Who's drummer painted his Rolls Royce lilac using house paint. His 1975 solo album Two Sides of the Moon reportedly cost $200,000 to record and a further $200,000 to finance the non-stop studio party that went with it. During The Who's first US tour in 1967, Moon celebrated his birthday in his own inimitable style. Claiming it was his 21st (it was in fact his 20th) to get around US licensing laws, he spent the day drinking with cronies at the Holiday Inn in Flint, Michigan. The party culminated with a naked Moon evading police to drive a Lincoln Continental into the hotel pool.

STEVIE NICKS
Known as a "Fleetwood Enema", it is rumoured that the Fleetwood Mac singer and solo artist took her cocaine addiction to such disturbed depths that she had cocaine blown up her rectum with a straw. Apparently, the inside of her nose had been ruined after years of drug abuse so, rather than kick the habit, she improvised. Nicks recently branded these rumours "absurd".

LED ZEPPELIN
Their appetite for groupies was insatiable, notorious - and rather unconventional. Legend has it that, while staying at Seattle's Edgewater Inn, the band discovered they could fish from the window of their hotel room. They caught several sharks and hung them in the wardrobe. However, after getting bored of this, they decided to involve a groupie in their antics. There are various versions of what happened next, each unprintable; suffice it to say that a willing groupie was told by one band-member: "Let's see how your red snapper likes this red snapper!"

IGGY POP
Iggy Pop was infamous for his substance abuse and taking his clothes off at every available moment. On one occasion while under the influence, he was nearly run over while lying down in a car park. Apparently, he leapt to his feet and screamed, "You asshole, you almost killed me. You could've stopped the history of rock'n'roll."

During a performance on Australian TV, he made no attempt to conceal the fact he was miming, even trying to grab teenage girls in the audience. A stoned Iggy was later interviewed by the show's host, during which the singer jumped up and down on his chair shouting "G'day mate" in a mock Australian accent.

YES YES YES..but what about RICHARD GERE and the GERBIL?????
4th April 2007 10:27 PM
pdog Or...
Rod Stewart and the quart of semen....
4th April 2007 10:30 PM
tumbled I'm not fazed. is that wrong?

The rest of the interview was much more interesting:

Keith Richards: read the interview the world is talking about in full
Read the full piece, including how Keith snorted his father, on NME.COM now

It's the interview the whole world is talking about today (April 4) - Keith Richards telling NME what rock 'n' roll has taught him.

And yes, this is the interview where the guitar legend admits to snorting the ashes of his own father.

The article features in this week's issue of NME - on UK newsstands now - which also includes:

* A comprehensive on the road feature with My Chemical Romance on their UK tour

* Glastonbury Festival's reaction to the news Noel Gallagher wants to play this year's bash

* Look behind the secrets of Arctic Monkeys' new album sleeve

all that plus our comprehensive gig guide and reviews section.

Now on NME.COM you can read our Keith Richards interview in full, as The Rolling Stones' guitarist tells us what rock 'n' roll has taught him...

The biggest cliché in rock'n'roll is...

There's no roll
"They forgot the roll and they only kept the rock. The roll's the whole damn thing dude, the rock is nothing, deal with it, the roll is king. Unfortunately most cats don't get behind the roll."

The three things I guarantee I'll never do again are...

1) Heroin
"The one thing I'll never do is the dope. I won't do that again. Everything else is up for grabs. Why wouldn't I do the dope again? Because I've been there and done that, and it's fucking painful, man. The other schmucks are doing it all the time and I pity them."

2) Climb coconut trees
"I wasn't climbing a tree [when he fell, suffering concussion and subsequently having to undergo brain surgery], I was sitting on a fucking shrub. I was sitting on that shrub again today, but I happened to fall off it the wrong way that day."

3) Be trepanned
"I wouldn't want to do that again. It's having your fucking skull cut open. It's what I had to go through. Yes, I've been trepanned. That's quite an interesting experience, especially for my brain surgeon,
who saw my thoughts flying around in my brain. I've got pictures of it mate, yeah. They cut my head, brain, skull open, went in and pulled out the crap, and put some of it back in again. But that's the way it is, I mean, shit, Keith Richards has got to do everything once."

Never trust anyone...

Who tells you you've six months to live
"I mean some doctor told me I had six months to live and I went to their funeral. The obit columns are of quite an interest to me these days. I don't trust doctors. It's not to say there ain't some good ones, but on a general level, no, I wouldn't trust 'em at all."

You don't know the meaning of the dark side until...

It goes really bad
"Then you never wake up to find out. Several times I've thought, 'This is it.' And it's quite a comforting feeling, actually, thinking, 'Jesus Christ I'm getting out of it now.' I've no pretensions about immortality - I'm the same as everyone else - same as you, same as everybody, I'm the same old bugger, just kind of lucky. I was Number 1 on the Who's Likely To Die list for 10 years, I mean I was really disappointed when I fell off the list."

My favourite new band is...

I ain't got any, they're all a load of crap
"Everyone's a load of crap. They're all trying to be somebody else and they ain't being themselves. The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party? Load of crap, load a crap. Posers, rubbish. There ain't nothing out there that's worth shit. I listen to the real shit, I don't listen to bullshit. I listen to my shit, baby, Motörhead, reggae, Moroccan music. All kinds of shit."

The band I most wish I was in is...

The Rolling Stones
"They're the only band I care about, I can't wait to get back on the road with those bastards, who happen to miraculously be one of the best bands in the world. I dunno how the hell it happened. I mean you're playing beside Charlie Watts - yeah baby, you've gotta gig on. We're doing the Isle Of Wight this summer and that great, it's only down the road - I live in West Wittering, so it's just across the bay, you know."

The best guitar solo ever committed to record is...

Chuck Berry's solo on 'Little Queenie'
"I mean, whoooah! His guitar playing is just so sublime. But then
I could go with Scotty Moore and his solo on 'Mystery Train' with Elvis, when you start me on this shit you really start me going. I'll go on all night."

The best time I've ever had on drugs was...

I can't remember
"It's those nights you forget, but you know what happened because there are 15 other people telling you that you were hanging naked upside down from the chandelier. The other best bit is the morning after, when you wake up and realise you've had a great time. I mean drugs have got really nothing to do with life. Drugs are there if you want them, and it's not a big fucking deal."

The worst time I've had on drugs was...

When someone put strychnine in my dope
"It was in Switzerland. I was totally comatose, but I was totally awake,
I could listen to everyone, and they were like, 'He's dead, he's dead!' waving their fingers and pushing me about, and I was thinking, 'I'm not dead!'. So that's sort of the worst one. But I got out of that, I mean otherwise I wouldn't be talking to you. But yeah, bad shit is bad shit. The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared, he didn't give a shit.
It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

The actor I'd most like to play me in a film is...

Johnny Depp
"Johnny and I had a great time, loads of fun. I expected [filming the third 'Pirates Of The Carribean' movie, 'At World's End'] to be fun but it was even more fun than I had imagined. I was driving through the driveway to Walt Disney studios the other day thinking, 'Jesus Christ, I'm following in the footsteps of Mickey Mouse here.' No, it was brilliant, I was there for four or five days and I did my bit, and Johnny was his usual graceful self and we're both the same size, so we swapped clothes and there it is. I met Johnny and he was just another one of my son's friends, 'This is Brian, this is Debbie, this is Johnny', and we met like that, years ago. I didn't even know what he did, I thought he was a failed rock'n'roll artist, and then I started to see some of his work and then he called me up said, 'Hey Jesus Christ, I've copied you to do 'Pirates...',' which I thought was the gentlemanly way of letting me know. I mean no wonder he paid for all the beers. I didn't realise I was being observed."

The best thing I ever saw was...

When a lady's got her legs wide open. La-di-da
"I don't wanna go there because I'd have to name the ladies and there's far too many. I mean I did go there, but I ain't going there with you."

My best advice to young bands is...

Grow up
"I mean who do you think you're gonna be? It's a matter of finding out who you wanna be. So to a band, I don't care how old or young they are, find out who you wanna be. If they wanna just be famous, or a star, that's easy, for a day or two, if you wanna be in a band then you'd better check out the shit all the way back. My advice for Pete Doherty in particular, though, is that he should shut the fuck up and leave her [Kate Moss] alone. I don't know the man, all I know is he's pushing his luck, and there it is, but so is Kate, who I know very well. Kate wants to play with bad boys, and she's done one, and then another one, and then another one. Badabing, badabang, badaboom! She'll live, the boys will die. It's just copycat bullshit. I did it because that was the way I did it, now people think it's a way of life."

I want to make a record as good as...

'Heartbreak Hotel'
"I mean there's a million of them. I guess '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction''s got to be close, and 'Beast Of Burden' maybe, yeah, and 'Tumbling Dice', 'Honky Tonk Women'. I'm starting to reel them off and it's not fair to all my other babies."

The coolest rock star in the world, ever is...

Me!
"I mean, right, it goes without saying really, doesn't it? I mean
I don't think I'm cool, it's other people that tell me I'm cool, I'm just being who I am. Just be yourself is all I can say, the rest of it's a fucking joke. 'Elegantly wasted' blah-blah-blah, I've had all of that. If you've gotta be cool be cool with yourself. If you've gotta think about being cool, you ain't cool."

I would never have my hair cut like...

Anyone except me
"I've never had my hair cut by anybody, I do it all myself. I've never let anybody touch it. My mum used to give me two shillings and sixpence every two weeks to get my hair cut, and I would just ignore the barber and chop it off myself and keep the fucking money. Spent it on cigs. And a bit of booze, probably, and I'd try and impress a bird here or there, too."

I'll stop playing when...

I croak
"That's it. I don't see any reason why it should stop if there's those of 'em still out there that wanna see it and I wanna play it, let's get it together. I mean I get antsy just sitting in one place for too long. I've had a few brushes with old death, he's kind of a friend of mine, actually, and er, if you hang around me you'll have a brush with it too."

Interviewer Mark Beaumont blogs about his brush with the legend Keith Richards. Read via the link and leave a comment on the whole media storm. [url="http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10"]Read the blo...
[Edited by tumbled]
4th April 2007 10:35 PM
mojoman jumpin jack ash
5th April 2007 02:37 AM
FotiniD Are those guys over at Disney pretentious little yuppies or what...
5th April 2007 04:11 AM
Altamont
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Are those guys over at Disney pretentious little yuppies or what...

Indeed, the American way
5th April 2007 08:23 AM
marko So this is what happens,when you can´t write anymore songs.
Boring old fart.
5th April 2007 08:25 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
marko wrote:
So this is what happens,when you can´t write anymore songs.
Boring old fart.

Post of the Day!
5th April 2007 08:33 AM
FotiniD Am I the only one who thinks this interview was actually a nice read (despite ashes and all...) ? Many good Keith quotes in there.

And unless it's another dose of Keith mythology, our man was given 6 months of life by a doctor and he outlived the sucker?! Ouch!
5th April 2007 08:37 AM
LadyJane
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this interview was actually a nice read (despite ashes and all...) ? Many good Keith quotes in there.

And unless it's another dose of Keith mythology, our man was given 6 months of life by a doctor and he outlived the sucker?! Ouch!

Of course you aren't alone!
I feel the same way, my Keef lovin friend!!

LJ.
5th April 2007 09:21 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Cocaine + dad = snowpop?

Or a Bertball.........
5th April 2007 09:52 AM
Wikipedia Boy Ewwww cremation!

Let's learn more about it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremation

5th April 2007 10:22 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
EELPIE wrote:
tootin' your old man is not big and its not clever.

it could be detremental to one's health.

hell, it could make you fcuk up the opening riff
to Brown Sugar, or make you fall out of a palm tree,
or give you a stroke.

is his mum looking nervously over her shoulder?

I strongly concur.

5th April 2007 12:30 PM
jb Depp must be worth about 500 million after the royalties from the stupid POC series...he is worth more than Keith, which is why i ahve no problem with the high ticket prices...actors who have been around only a few years making 100's of millions, while the Stones, over 4 decades of great entertainment are only worth 400-500 million.
5th April 2007 01:02 PM
Jeep In the NY Post :

5th April 2007 01:14 PM
THE GRIM REAPER KEITH RICHARDS HAS EVADED MY GRASP YET AGAIN!!

But just wait until he snorts the salmon mousse!
5th April 2007 01:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Jeep wrote:
In the NY Post :

Wow, Mick looks atrocious!
5th April 2007 02:01 PM
StonesChick
quote:
Jeep wrote:
In the NY Post :

OMG, funny how this news has traveled.
The local news showed the Stones playing live while they read the denial from Keith...and then the reporters laughed about it and insinuated that they still think he did it.

I don't care if he did or not. It's a bit gross, but if he did do it, it was because he was really messed up on drugs at the time and was trying to somehow be close to his father imo.
5th April 2007 02:18 PM
kath oh pleeeeeeze!!! somebody explain why mick's mouth looks like that and his dad died waaay after bert did...

see, that's why keef oughta know with his legendary BS, somebody shoulda mentioned maybe the press will take this seriously......

gee...almost like when john said that the beatles were more popular than jesus..

are we burning wino records, etc yet? any barbarian burning festivals planned??? will it just be keef, or do we now suspect all of them of eating or snorting or somehow devouring the remains of their loved ones?? in which case, why didn't all those mick moms eat their young???

so many questions....

[Edited by kath]
5th April 2007 02:32 PM
glencar You'll have to pry my New Barbarians CD from my cold dead fingaz, bitch!
5th April 2007 03:16 PM
Tom Keith Richards and the Yanomamo
by Joal Ryan
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 02:44:04 PM PDT
Not that the Yanomamo know who Keith Richards is, but, boy, can they identify.

Richards, the Rolling Stones legend, was busy distancing himself Wednesday from a report that he'd once snorted his late father's ashes.

Meanwhile, from deep within the Amazon, the primitive Yanomamo (or Yanomami) have long been subject of reports that they ingest the cremated remains of their deceased tribal members, according to Sang-Hee Lee, an assistant professor of anthropology at the University of California, Riverside.

"When their loved ones die, they make ashes of them, and they add them to a broth, and then they share that," Lee said Wednesday, recounting the purported ritual.

The purpose of the ceremony, Lee explained, is to become "one" with the fallen.

"There's a part of the dead relative that will be part of themselves from now on," Lee said. "It's a form of honor."

There's another thing about ash-spiked soup, or ash-spiked cocaine, as the case may be: It's a form of cannibalism.

"In fact, it's probably the only observed form of cannibalism [today]," said Lee, author of the academic article "Cannibalism: The Good, the Bad, and the Deadly."

Not that modern-day tribes are keen on copping to feasting on humans, according to Lee, with members often telling researchers that they don't do it, but that they hear the other tribe around the corner, as it were, does.

As for Richards, he pointed his guitar-picking finger at NME, the British music magazine that quoted the rocker as saying, "The strangest thing I've to snort? My father. I snorted my father.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow," Richards went on, per NME. "It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

In the aftermath, Richards' camp, which did not respond to an E! Online request for comment when the story broke Tuesday, classified the comment as "an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke."

In a statement on the Rolling Stones' official Website, Richards, nearly as famous for his drug exploits as his hit records, took exception not only to the notion that he would inhale his factory-worker father, Bert Richards, who died in 2002 at age 84, but that he would inhale cocaine.

"The complete story is lost in the usual slanting!" Richards said. "I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

NME, meanwhile, was standing by its headline-generating quote.

"He didn't offer the information. I had to ask him a couple of questions to get the information out of him," Richards interviewer Mark Beaumont said on NME's Website Wednesday. "He didn't come straight out with that."

If one were to snort one's father, straight and sans any illicit drugs, one would be within one's rights. At least in the United States.

"Really, there are no rules or regulations what you do with [ashes], as long as you're doing it on your own private property or with the permission of the property owner," T. Scott Gilligan, general counsel for the National Funeral Directors Association, said Wednesday.

"There's nothing about snorting it, or mixing it in with the planting of a tree," Gilligan continued. "Other people turn [the ashes] into jewelry."

According to Richards, he went the tree route.

"The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English oak," Richards said on the Rolling Stones site. "I took the lid off the box of ashes, and he [his father] is now growing oak trees, and would love me for it!!!"

It sounds for the best. Ashes, after all, are no Clif Bars.

Said Lee: "There's no nutritional value."

5th April 2007 03:51 PM
Saint Sway wasnt there a story a few years ago that Mick was going to auction off his ashes???

seriously... anyone remember this?
5th April 2007 04:49 PM
fireontheplatter todays comic header is HORRIBLE...
way to much for me.....
please change it.
thank you very much.
5th April 2007 04:58 PM
Saint Sway snorting ashes is the latest Hollywood trend!!!

look - even Tara's tried it...

::snort::...... "whew it burns!!"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)