ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Celebrating "Superblow" Number 12!!
Ahmet Ertegun tribute, NYC, April 17, 2007
© Kevin Mazur thanks moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith snorted his father. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
4th April 2007 09:25 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Oh YEAH. Gotta get me one of those! Definitely wearing my Keith Richards shirt today.
4th April 2007 09:26 AM
EELPIE wanna know what all the fuss is about?

read full NME interview here
http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/27531
4th April 2007 10:10 AM
BrianGotHisRocksOff New here!

Oh Keith, why did you have to tell people about this??

Oh well, I still luv ya
4th April 2007 10:36 AM
LastChild you shouldn't take it so hard...
4th April 2007 11:43 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I must purchase this! I slept in this morning due to a rough night so I missed all the hysterical coverage.
4th April 2007 11:44 AM
glencar
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I think it's been suggested before, but what's the date of that NME interview? Perhaps an April Fool's joke?

Though Rose would have mentioned it, if it had been so.
Damage control seems more like it to me as well.... Another legend to quote next to the blood changing Swiss vacation and all.

Someone told me they heard this story years ago...
4th April 2007 12:14 PM
Gazza is it just me or does anyone else sense that rs.com's heads of marketing are having a meeting as we speak on how to exploit this with a comemmorative urn in time for the European tour?
4th April 2007 12:33 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
is it just me or does anyone else sense that rs.com's heads of marketing are having a meeting as we speak on how to exploit this with a comemmorative urn in time for the European tour?

LMAO!
4th April 2007 12:42 PM
Jeep Never seen before : on the table of Keith Richards

4th April 2007 12:46 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oh Jeep...I have a mess on this keyboard to clean up!!!
4th April 2007 12:47 PM
jb
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Never seen before : on the table of Keith Richards

funny!!!
4th April 2007 12:59 PM
the good The more I'm thinking about it, the more I think he did it and the harder I'm laughing. This will never be topped by anyone in the history of rock and roll. He is one of a kind.
4th April 2007 01:16 PM
Highwire Rob Come on, this ain't as bad as that YouTube "Bug Girl" that ate a friend's pet Praying Mantis on camera.

At least Dad's life was peacefully ended.

And aren't Mantisses a legally protected insect in the US? I say Keith walks but Bug Girl gets time.
4th April 2007 02:06 PM
pdog Snorting dead relatives ain't so bad, it only sucks when you run out and start coming down, and you're looking at your kids with a fiendish grin!
4th April 2007 02:15 PM
Spru What do you think Mick's take on all of this is? Especially right before the tour.
4th April 2007 02:20 PM
polytoxic
quote:
pdog wrote:
Snorting dead relatives ain't so bad, it only sucks when you run out and start coming down, and you're looking at your kids with a fiendish grin!

outstanding!

He made a dead man bump.
4th April 2007 02:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Spru wrote:
What do you think Mick's take on all of this is? Especially right before the tour.

Mick is thinking about money and pussy, he could care less what Keith does!
4th April 2007 03:04 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm stumped with an idea. You take coke and smack you get a speedball... So... what would be the companion to dead old man ash? and what would you call it?
I know we got the brain power around here... C'mon people, let's show those other message boards, why we are The Asylum...

I think the guy from the Post came up with the best one:
Blowpop.

Oh yeah, and the cover of today's NY Daily News:

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
4th April 2007 04:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Never seen before : on the table of Keith Richards

Oh Jesus, thats the funniest thing I've read in ages....
4th April 2007 05:37 PM
fireontheplatter i didn't read this yesterday just because of the title name...it is a bit much if you ask me.
4th April 2007 06:03 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I think this is one of the funniest things he's ever said in an interview.

I think he was obviously fucking with the person who wrote the article. Ask a stupid question....get a stupid answer.

I shall now wear my "Keith For President" t-shirt in his honor.

I ran 50 red lights in his honor.

4th April 2007 07:08 PM
GotToRollMe From Yahoo News:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20070404/en_celeb_eo/dfd48a4a_d79044a6_a7be_72feb5d83daa

Keith Richards and the Yanomamo
by Joal Ryan
Wed Apr 4, 11:11 AM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Not that the Yanomamo know who Keith Richards is, but, boy, can they identify.

Richards, the Rolling Stones legend, was busy distancing himself Wednesday from a report that he'd once snorted his late father's ashes.

Meanwhile, from deep within the Amazon, the primitive Yanomamo (or Yanomami) have long been subject of reports that they ingest the cremated remains of their deceased tribal members, according to Sang-Hee Lee, an assistant professor of anthropology at the University of California, Riverside.

"When their loved ones die, they make ashes of them, and they add them to a broth, and then they share that," Lee said Wednesday, recounting the purported ritual.

The purpose of the ceremony, Lee explained, is to become "one" with the fallen.

"There's a part of the dead relative that will be part of themselves from now on," Lee said. "It's a form of honor."

There's another thing about ash-spiked soup, or ash-spiked cocaine, as the case may be: It's a form of cannibalism.

"In fact, it's probably the only observed form of cannibalism [today]," said Lee, author of the academic article "Cannibalism: The Good, the Bad, and the Deadly."

Not that modern-day tribes are keen on copping to feasting on humans, according to Lee, with members often telling researchers that they don't do it, but that they hear the other tribe around the corner, as it were, does.

As for Richards, he pointed his guitar-picking finger at NME, the British music magazine that quoted the rocker as saying, "The strangest thing I've to snort? My father. I snorted my father.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow," Richards went on, per NME. "It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

In the aftermath, Richards' camp, which did not respond to an E! Online request for comment when the story broke Tuesday, classified the comment as "an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke."

In a statement on the Rolling Stones' official Website, Richards, nearly as famous for his drug exploits as his hit records, took exception not only to the notion that he would inhale his factory-worker father, Bert Richards, who died in 2002 at age 84, but that he would inhale cocaine.

"The complete story is lost in the usual slanting!" Richards said. "I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

NME, meanwhile, was standing by its headline-generating quote.

"He didn't offer the information. I had to ask him a couple of questions to get the information out of him," Richards interviewer Mark Beaumont said on NME's Website Wednesday. "He didn't come straight out with that."

If one were to snort one's father, straight and sans any illicit drugs, one would be within one's rights. At least in the United States.

"Really, there are no rules or regulations what you do with [ashes], as long as you're doing it on your own private property or with the permission of the property owner," T. Scott Gilligan, general counsel for the National Funeral Directors Association, said Wednesday.

"There's nothing about snorting it, or mixing it in with the planting of a tree," Gilligan continued. "Other people turn [the ashes] into jewelry."

According to Richards, he went the tree route.

"The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English oak," Richards said on the Rolling Stones site. "I took the lid off the box of ashes, and he [his father] is now growing oak trees, and would love me for it!!!"

It sounds for the best. Ashes, after all, are no Clif Bars.

Said Lee: "There's no nutritional value."

4th April 2007 07:17 PM
pdog I just saw a Lifesaver comercial, A man wishes another man into the candy and eats it!
Where's the media outrage!?!?
4th April 2007 07:18 PM
kath hello again.

well, this was just TOO funny to pass up.

1. it's keith. one of the greatest yarn spinners of all time.
2. there's a tour coming up. there is ALWAYS something lurid or strange happening with them before a tour (at least mick's hasn't reproduced again....)
3. it was BERT. i never had the pleasure, but i know a lot of people from here and sdb who met bert on tours and spent a lot of time with him. he was a funny old drunk who had come back full circle to his son. i think bert is laughing his ass off, either way!!!!
4. If he "REALLY did it", does that negate all the love you've had for him all these decade???

c'mon youse guys, lighten up....first off, why would anybody ask him what the weirdest thing he ever snorted was? i mean, how do you get 'round to THAT in an interview???

too funny..........
4th April 2007 07:25 PM
mac_daddy Snorting remark by Keith Richards doesn't sit well with Disney

By Sheigh Crabtree, Special to The Times
April 5, 2007

Snorting a speedball of cocaine and dear old dad may be the stuff of rock 'n' roll legend but apparently it's not the sort of tale told to children at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Keith Richards' macabre remark about snorting a mixture of cocaine and the cremated remains of his deceased father may have amused music fans with its ghoulish sensibilities, but it caused a moment of alarm inside Walt Disney Studios, home to the movie marketing team behind the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

Richards has a much-anticipated cameo as Teague Sparrow, father of Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), in the hit franchise opening May 25. While drinking, womanizing and cannibalism may be comedic themes that course through the film, the real-life substance abuse and off-screen antics of "Pirates" stars are no laughing matters when it comes to marketing and publicizing one of the summer's biggest family films.

"When [a senior Disney publicist] forwarded the [Richards] story to me ... I thought, 'How are we going to spin this?' " Dennis Rice, Disney's senior vice president for publicity, said during a presentation to the media of the studio's upcoming films Wednesday morning.

As a result of Richards' remark, which was later discounted by his representatives as just a joke, it is likely that the rocker's appearances on the red carpet in support of the film will be curtailed.

"Keith won't be doing a lot of publicity for this movie," Rice added.

The Disney spokesman also addressed persistent rumors of future "Pirates" films, noting that despite reports to the contrary, no decisions have been made about the fourth, fifth or sixth films.

" 'At World's End' really is the end of the trilogy, bringing 'Pirates' 1 and 2 full circle," he said.

The sequel to "Pirates" has made more than $1 billion in worldwide box office since it was released last July.

link
4th April 2007 07:37 PM
gimmekeef Then theres this kind of E story being put out there:

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup.html?v=240423095&pl=241017213.xml&launchpoint=Cover&cid=fancover&attr=home_keith&config=%2Fconfig%2Fcommon%2Ffan%2Fhome%2Exml
4th April 2007 08:00 PM
fireontheplatter this is ridiculous....
can we PLEASE move on?
4th April 2007 08:07 PM
Mel Belli Pretty amazing that, at least in the eyes of the media, Keith is still a "bad boy" at 63.
4th April 2007 08:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

"Keith won't be doing a lot of publicity for this movie," Rice added.

Thank fuck, in that case. He's a guitarist in a rock n roll band who are going on tour about two weeks after it comes out in case these PC-obsessed arseclags have forgotten.

Less time for Hollywood and more time for tour rehearsals. Fine by me.
4th April 2007 08:16 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Pretty amazing that, at least in the eyes of the media, Keith is still a "bad boy" at 63.

No shit Mel....he's still got people talkin..lmao
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)