ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Celebrating "Superblow" Number 12!!
Ahmet Ertegun tribute, NYC, April 17, 2007
© Kevin Mazur thanks moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith snorted his father. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
4th April 2007 02:00 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Fadeout_Freedom wrote:

Okay, now I'm going to have to dig out Bridges to Babylon just so I can listen to that SNIFF at the end of "Might as Well Get Juiced"

Word....LOL!
4th April 2007 02:30 AM
UGot2Rollme this post from Tell Me Forum reflects my view on this matter:

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain
Date: April 4, 2007 06:30

Why would you snort ashes? For God's sake, do the decent thing and put them in a bong and smoke them.
4th April 2007 03:27 AM
EELPIE Tara snorted the ashes of her copy of 'A Bigger Bang' cd
..word.

4th April 2007 03:44 AM
pdog I'm stumped with an idea. You take coke and smack you get a speedball... So... what would be the companion to dead old man ash? and what would you call it?
I know we got the brain power around here... C'mon people, let's show those other message boards, why we are The Asylum...
4th April 2007 03:48 AM
GotToRollMe Cocaine + dad = snowpop?
4th April 2007 03:49 AM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Cocaine + dad = snowpop?

Awesome...
4th April 2007 06:11 AM
FotiniD Either it's true or plain bullshit, you have to hand it to the guy that he never ceases to shock media and fans even at age 64!
4th April 2007 06:34 AM
Jeep My Chemical Romance
Nice coincidence

4th April 2007 06:45 AM
Steel Wheels I wish that keith would stop the hard core drugs. I just woke from a terrible nightmare...
4th April 2007 07:07 AM
LadyJane Oh great...one of the TOP stories of the Today Show.
Get ready to take some heat at work folks!

They showed OUR HEADER, without the captions of course.!!

See...we are being watched.

I nominate Pdog as the RO spokesman.

Mick has got to be LIVID!!

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
4th April 2007 07:25 AM
EELPIE tootin' your old man is not big and its not clever.

it could be detremental to one's health.

hell, it could make you fcuk up the opening riff
to Brown Sugar, or make you fall out of a palm tree,
or give you a stroke.

is his mum looking nervously over her shoulder?
4th April 2007 07:31 AM
Olompali Did Keith Richards Really Snort His Dad's Ashes? No — It Was A Joke!Comments made in magazine interview were only 'said in jest,' manager tells MTV News.
By Kurt Loder

Maybe you saw that Keith Richards item that started popping up all over the place on Tuesday (April 3) — the one about how he'd admitted to snorting the ashes of his late father after his body had been cremated? Great story, right? And yet, like so much in the world of celebrity journalism, totally untrue.

In case you missed it, this little yarn first appeared in the pages of London's notoriously unreliable New Musical Express. The magazine quoted the Rolling Stones guitarist as saying, "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared. ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

This wildly dubious quote proved irresistible to newspapers, wire services and TV and online outlets on both sides of the Atlantic, from The Associated Press to Forbes, The Drudge Report, Breitbart and E! Online. In fact, it was such a great story that nobody bothered trying to confirm it with a Richards representative — why spoil the fun with facts?

In a buzz-killing mood, though, we decided to check with Richards' longtime manager, Jane Rose. We asked her about the dad-snorting quotes in the NME interview. She responded with an e-mail:

"Said in jest," she explained. "Can't believe anyone took [it] seriously."
4th April 2007 07:33 AM
PartyDoll MEG First words out of my coworkers mouths this morning...How they love to harass me!

Gotta Love that Keef!!!!.......
4th April 2007 07:35 AM
EELPIE Joey?

4th April 2007 07:49 AM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
First words out of my coworkers mouths this morning...How they love to harass me!

Gotta Love that Keef!!!!.......

I'm hiding....
But I can't hide all day.

LJ.
4th April 2007 08:05 AM
PartyDoll MEG Even my son sent me an email with the "news".....

4th April 2007 08:06 AM
_Boomy_ Did anybody roast a fresh Cup O' Bert today?
4th April 2007 08:11 AM
Gazza >Kurt Loder/MTV
In case you missed it, this little yarn first appeared in the pages of London's notoriously unreliable New Musical Express.

does he mean the same NME who - whilst everyone else scoffed - have been saying for weeks that the Stones would be headlining at the Isle of Wight and who Keith er...actually gave an interview to?

as opposed to MTV which last featured the Stones sometime around 1991?

Absolute field day in the UK tabloids this morning. Front page in the Mirror and Sun (the two biggest sellers). No doubt Jane Rose's subsequent retraction that it was all just a laugh will get a two line mention on page 25 in about a month's time...
4th April 2007 08:34 AM
keefkid me thinks jane rose is doing a little 'damage control'..

LOL
4th April 2007 08:39 AM
keefkid
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
This is a real cool anecdote and believe it or not it means a lot of love from Keith to his dad. Keith rules you bastards!

yaaaaa rite on voodoo...

in some societies when a loved one dies they cook and eat his body in tribute... keith knew he couldnt get away with that so he got 'creative'

wtf if its true or not but remember this... truth is stranger than fiction

lol
4th April 2007 08:50 AM
FotiniD I think it's been suggested before, but what's the date of that NME interview? Perhaps an April Fool's joke?

Though Rose would have mentioned it, if it had been so.
Damage control seems more like it to me as well.... Another legend to quote next to the blood changing Swiss vacation and all.
4th April 2007 09:03 AM
Bitch Oh shit! It's all over the NY TV channels this morning. Every TV spokesperson is discussing KEEF as if he is one major fucking crazy druged-out lunatic, putting him at the top of the list of insane and off-the-wall rock stars. Some even commented he isn't fit to perform in his state of mind. This is not going down well for KEEF. Although Matt Lauer defended KEEF saying he has a terriffic sense of humor and this could be a joke, but everyone else seems to believe it. I think its bullshit, I thought KEEF quit snorting and shooting up over 20 years ago. I'm sure everyone will be talking about this for a while.....and I'll be defending him saying it was a joke, his only defense IMO.
4th April 2007 09:10 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keith's manager now says it was a joke...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1556258/20070403/rolling_stones.jhtml

jane probably decided to put that out there after seeing all the BAD press it had gotten... every frickin' radio station dj in the world has made a joke about it while most tv talking heads i have seen blasted him for such crap.
4th April 2007 09:11 AM
GotToRollMe I'd say the tour has officially begun.
4th April 2007 09:18 AM
Gazza
4th April 2007 09:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I think it's been suggested before, but what's the date of that NME interview? Perhaps an April Fool's joke?

nope..its out today.
4th April 2007 09:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
keefkid wrote:
me thinks jane rose is doing a little 'damage control'..

LOL

Jane's haste at getting HER retraction out would suggest you're quite correct and that even SHE knows he's made an utter cock of himself this time.
4th April 2007 09:21 AM
chevysales
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Oh shit! It's all over the NY TV channels this morning. Every TV spokesperson is discussing KEEF as if he is one major fucking crazy druged-out lunatic, putting him at the top of the list of insane and off-the-wall rock stars. Some even commented he isn't fit to perform in his state of mind. This is not going down well for KEEF. Although Matt Lauer defended KEEF saying he has a terriffic sense of humor and this could be a joke, but everyone else seems to believe it. I think its bullshit, I thought KEEF quit snorting and shooting up over 20 years ago. I'm sure everyone will be talking about this for a while.....and I'll be defending him saying it was a joke, his only defense IMO.

yea they took it and ran with it for sure.

[qoute]I thought KEEF quit snorting and shooting up over 20 years ago[/qoute]

with regards to keith (or anyone for that matter) with his addictive personality and getting so deep into it for such a long time only a tiny percentile actually get out forever... and i never would think for a minute keith was amoung that very small percentile.
[Edited by chevysales]
4th April 2007 09:23 AM
*ginda I think it's wet brain activity on Keith's part whether he was joking or not. It's sad.
4th April 2007 09:24 AM
Highwire Rob This is not good news to get out!

JUST WHEN THE NEW POPE WAS WARMING UP TO ROCK 'N ROLL!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)