ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro 18th February - Broadcast Info, Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
19th February 2006 12:49 PM
JaggerLips I SHOULD REALLY GET MY SKATES ON AND GET A NEW COMPUTER BECAUSE I COULDN'T SEE IT AS THE SITES WERE OPTIMISED FOR THE NEWFANGLED COMPUTERS/

MISSED OUT BIG TIME
HOPE THEY DO A DVD OR SOMETHING????????????

PLEASE THEY GOTTA DO A DVD!!!
19th February 2006 01:17 PM
Altamont Now you can choose which song you want to watch

http://music.aol.com/network_live/concert_videos/rolling_stones/ondemand
19th February 2006 01:43 PM
Jeep From Rio newspaper "O Dia" :

[Edited by Jeep]
19th February 2006 01:51 PM
Jeep Another frontpage :

19th February 2006 01:59 PM
Angiegirl Good show so far, hate that I couldn't watch it last night with you guys, but at least I get to see the show now thanks to AOL!
19th February 2006 02:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Now you can choose which song you want to watch

http://music.aol.com/network_live/concert_videos/rolling_stones/ondemand

yes indeed, and typical of AOL, theyve now deemed the show worthy of censorship (see "Rough Justice"). Wankers.

Apparently you can now download the individual tracks. Is this correct?
19th February 2006 02:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
I SHOULD REALLY GET MY SKATES ON AND GET A NEW COMPUTER BECAUSE I COULDN'T SEE IT AS THE SITES WERE OPTIMISED FOR THE NEWFANGLED COMPUTERS/

MISSED OUT BIG TIME
HOPE THEY DO A DVD OR SOMETHING????????????

PLEASE THEY GOTTA DO A DVD!!!

they will be, my child. Be patient.
19th February 2006 02:03 PM
Angiegirl Tumbling Dice doesn't show/work, damn re-play!
19th February 2006 02:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
Phog wrote:
That's a great shot of Mr. Richards. Excellent.

I know this show won't be torrented here, but are there plans for a tree.

there will be, if someone provides a quality recording of it
19th February 2006 02:09 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yes indeed, and typical of AOL, theyve now deemed the show worthy of censorship (see "Rough Justice"). Wankers.

Or Howe about ONNYA, I kept checking my speakers everytime the sound hickuped, untill I seemed to detect a certain pattern...

Funny howe they left in 'pussy' and 'goddamnn town' during IORR. These censorship creeps are soooo lame.
19th February 2006 02:18 PM
gorda I love this picture of Ronnie! So cute!

19th February 2006 03:44 PM
kath they kicked some ass...

wrinkly wrockers indeed!!!!

don't stop, gentlemen!!!
19th February 2006 04:32 PM
stonzed
quote:
Gazza wrote:

there will be, if someone provides a quality recording of it

whats a tree?
19th February 2006 05:04 PM
Gazza a) a big thing in the ground with leaves, and which sometimes has apples

b) an alternative method of distributing unofficial recordings amongst people who register for it. You can get the discs by trading with others or by sending blanks and postage to them. No need to go into any depth at the minute, all the info you need will be provided at the time you're registered

However, heres a rough guide as to how it works:

http://trees.hempsall.com/
[Edited by Gazza]
19th February 2006 05:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot My Uncle recorded it for me direct from the XM feed. It needs to have the songs indexed...I'd be happy to just burn a copy for myself, and then send the masters on to someone who wants to index it and then torrent the audio.
19th February 2006 07:51 PM
sammy davis jr. Ronnie's slide on Rough Justice will need some "touching up" on the DVD.
19th February 2006 08:14 PM
jtorquetti I was there. I'm from Brazil, and this was my first show! There's no explication! Unique sensation!
19th February 2006 09:45 PM
jb
quote:
the good wrote:
Woody deserves a special mention for the solo on YCAGWYW. Great playing Woody, screw the naysayers! Taylor was watching from home, putting down another can of beer and wiping the potato chip crumbs off his shirt.

Yeh right!!! Woody is great, but no real Strones fan puts down Taylor....simply the best fucking guitar player ever...

Also, Rod Stewart played to 3.5 million in Rio in 1994 and hold the Guiness book of records ........lets not get too excited:\ This was a great event, but FREE, which hurts tour revenue!!! Fortunately, we will increase tour attendees by including this attendance figure, which will be closer to 893, 783 than the 1.5 Million figure.

[Edited by jb]
19th February 2006 10:19 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
jb wrote:
Yeh right!!! Woody is great, but no real Strones fan puts down Taylor....simply the best fucking guitar player ever...

Dude, Mick Taylor was great when he was with the stones, but wood fits the stones much more than Taylor does nowadays. I would much rather watch and listen to
than

HOWEVER, Taylor would be great to see at a blues jam with someone like B.B. King or Buddy Guy.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
20th February 2006 12:06 AM
PeerQueer The Taylor-era was indeed a great one musically, but fer fucks sake - Ron has been a Stone for 30 frickin' years - give the guy his due...

The Rio show was soooooooooooooo very good!

Keith reminded me why I dig him so much - the guy brought it - he has been inconsistent for the last decade, but on this night he was firing on all cylinders. He was very energetic and brought some great licks - the man is Rock -n- Roll.

Bring on the European leg of the tour! Can't wait!
20th February 2006 01:10 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
geecee wrote:
(BTW its Mr Taylor)

Mr. Taylor? Thanks, but that's really not necessary. You can call me Lawrence; LT is also OK.
20th February 2006 03:52 AM
Jumacfly When I read that Keith and Ronnie have never played so great im really LMAO....
20th February 2006 04:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Also, Rod Stewart played to 3.5 million in Rio in 1994 and hold the Guiness book of records ........lets not get too excited:\

strictly speaking, Rod DIDNT play to 3.5 million

There are milions on that beach every NY Eve anyway, Rod's show was a side attraction and most people who were on the beach were not there for the concert

If you are going to count that, then you can count other huge gatherings where music happened to be played, such as The Chieftains playing to over a million people in Dublin in 1979 prior to a papal mass by Pope John Paul II. Yet no one lists THAT as one of the 'largest concerts ever'

The Stones show - which took place on a corner of the beach - was the main attraction for Saturday's event.

Which makes it the largest attended concert ever.

By anyone.

20th February 2006 04:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
jtorquetti wrote:
I was there. I'm from Brazil, and this was my first show! There's no explication! Unique sensation!

welcome aboard! tell us more about Saturday!
20th February 2006 05:05 AM
Jumacfly I expected a hottest crowd....did they stuck VIP in the front of stage?
20th February 2006 06:24 AM
egon i've now downloaded the whole file, from the link i provided earlier. it's in FLAC, and each song
is a seperate file.

i will check the quality tonight and also send some
samples to gazza (and whoever is interested),
so he can give his opinion.

If it is a good enough recording, i'm willing
to get the ball rolling quickly, by sending out 10 discs or so.

20th February 2006 07:06 AM
Gazza from bbc.co.uk

Rolling Stones hold giant Rio gig

More than one million rock fans in Brazil have enjoyed a Rolling Stones concert on Rio's Copacabana Beach - one of the biggest gigs the world has seen.
The band played some 20 songs including Jumpin' Jack Flash and Satisfaction.

The stage, facing Sugar Loaf Mountain, was the height of a seven-storey building and had a walkway linking it to the Stones' hotel.

It was the first time the Rolling Stones had performed in Brazil for free. Thousands of police were on duty.

The show was part of the Stones' A Bigger Bang world tour.

Locals and visitors spent the day defying the summer heat to pick their spots on the crowded beach.

Not all of those who packed Copacabana beach were familar with the Rolling Stones.

"I've never heard their music but I had to come," Luania, 51, told AFP news agency.

"It's going to be boiling and we won't be able to get very close. But if they love our country, that's good."

The city paid $750,000 (£432,000) for the gig, which took place just a week before Rio's famous carnival.

Fans in the US were able to listen to the show on radio and on the internet, as well as on more than 150 cinema screens across the country.

Saturday's crowd was not as big as that at Rod Stewart's 1994 concert, also at Copacabana beach, which drew a crowd of 3.5 million.

See video :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ukfs_news/hi/nb_rm_fs.stm?nbram=1&news=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1&nol_storyid=4728868

[Edited by Gazza]
20th February 2006 07:25 AM
Gazza Lots of coverage in the UK press today - all of it positive :

this is from the Daily Star

Forget Coldplay and The Kaiser Chiefs - The Stones are only Brit band that could pull this off....

ROCK legends The Rolling Stones satisfied hordes of Brazilians on Rio’s Copacabana Beach in one of the biggest gigs ever.

The famous sands were a mass of sweaty humanity on Saturday, with the city’s entire waterfront district shut down.

The Stones, led by Sir Mick Jagger, 62, treated the 1.5million crowd to a two-hour rock ’n’ roll extravaganza.

Fans young and old went wild as veteran rockers Sir Mick, Ronnie Wood, 58, Keith Richards, 62, and Charlie Watts, 64, blazed through 20 songs including Jumpin’ Jack Flash and their mega hit (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.

Sir Mick, whose son Lucas, seven, was in the crowd with his model mum Luciana Morad, 36, delighted fans when he spoke in Portuguese.

It was the first time the Stones had played for free in Brazil, where few people can afford to see top bands.

The authorities in Rio de Janeiro brought in 6,000 police and 600 firefighters to control the dancing fans, some of whom had camped on the beach for a week to get a good view.

Around 250 people were treated for exhaustion as eight video screens and 16 sound towers relayed the rockin’ action to everyone on the mile-long stretch of beach.

The stage – which was the height of a seven-storey building – even had a £100,000 walkway linking it to the Stones’ Copacabana Palace Hotel.

With TV and movie rights, the band could earn more than £10m for the show, which is part of their A Bigger Bang world tour.
20th February 2006 07:36 AM
Gazza Daily Mail

Stones give their fans satisfaction in Rio

Forever young: Jagger jumped around the stage like a teenager

The spirit of carnival arrived a week early in Brazil with the Rolling Stones playing a free concert on Copacabana Beach before a crowd of over one million people.

Watch it on video (Real Player)
http://www.kamera.com/content/anm/Brazil_Stones.ram
Watch it on video (Windows Media)
http://www.kamera.com/content/anm/Brazil_Stones.asx

The band opened Saturday night's beach gig with "Jumpin' Jack Flash," cheered on by fans from across the nation - and nearby countries as well - who had staked out spots before the enormous stage.

Fire department officials estimated the crowd was over one million at the show's start but that more people were coming. Officials estimated that as many as two million could see the concert. Some fans had camped out for days to get a prime spot on the beach.

"It's going to be an amazing show," said 19-year-old Barbara de Carvalho, a student from Sao Paulo who had camped on the beach since Thursday. "I've waited for this all my life."

Photographers and fans also crowded around the Copacabana Palace hotel where the Stones have been staying since arriving here on Friday morning.

Fans said the guitarists Keith Richard and Ron Wood appeared from time to time on the penthouse balcony to wave at them. A specially erected footbridge took them from the hotel, over the beachfront Avenida Atlantica and directly to the stage.

On Friday, Mick Jagger met with his six-year-old son Lucas, but disappointed fans who thought the Stones might turn out to see the boy's mother, TV talk show hostess Luciana Jimenez, when she appeared as a featured dancer during a rehearsal for a samba group Friday night.

Stones fans were expected to fill half of the four-kilometre (2.5-mile) beach. Eight video screens and 16 sound towers will give those far from the action a glimpse of the sexagenarian rockers.

The city deployed 10,000 police officers - about three times the usual contingent for New Year's - as well as 600 firefighters, civil defence workers and lifeguards, said Ana Maria Maia, Rio's subsecretary of special events.

The city's port authority also was preparing for the huge influx of boats expected to crowd the shoreline.

Earlier this month, three people were crushed to death and 38 injured in Sao Paulo when thousands of fans surged through security barriers at an autograph session for the Mexican band RBD.

This is the Stones' third visit to the country but the first time the band has played for free in Brazil, where few can afford tickets to see top international acts.

www.dailymail.co.uk
[Edited by Gazza]
20th February 2006 07:49 AM
Gazza from "The Sun"

"A million Brazilians "

By LUCY HAGAN

ROCK legends The Rolling Stones stage one of the world’s biggest ever gigs — in front of more than a MILLION ecstatic fans.
The veteran band played 20 songs at the free concert in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

In the audience was six-year-old Lucas Morad, the lovechild from romeo Sir Mick Jagger’s fling with Brazilian model Luciana Morad.

Lucas is the youngest of the 62- year-old singer’s seven children.

Saturday’s concert took place on the mile-long Copacabana Beach under the shadow of Sugar Loaf Mountain.

There were 4,000 VIP guests and 6,000 police to control the crowds.

Officials had been worried about widespread theft or trouble with the drug gangs that rule the shantytowns, or favelas.

But the concert passed without serious incident. A fire department official said 250 people were treated for exhaustion, drunkenness and other problems.

The performance was part of The Rolling Stones’ Bigger Bang World Tour — named after the rockers’ latest Grammy-winning album (eh? - Gazza)

Thousands of people lined the streets around the venue while others watched from a flotilla of private boats in the bay.

Excited fans had started arriving at 9am on Saturday to bag a spot — and hundreds slept the night on the beach.

(Note : Its not possible to copy and paste photos from The Sun online. Click the link below for the photos (including a nice one of Luciana...)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article//1,,2-2006080230,00.html
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)