ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro 18th February - Broadcast Info, Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
21st February 2006 10:01 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Can you imagine how much fun it would be to watch the Stones play on a beach while partying on a boat?!

the people in the boat had said that the sound was very low.... many had been swimming until the beach...

many that had paid expensive if had repented!

source: periodical O Globo
21st February 2006 10:52 AM
Jeep One of the most beautiful shots of the night.
Here in larger size :

21st February 2006 10:56 AM
tumbling dice I saw them ten times before.It was good but not outstanding.It was the worst gig that i saw live.The sound was terrible.The VIP area was not stones hard core fans area and it was sad to us real fans.The set list was ok , They played very well .Mick was on top of his game.Argentina will be better.Iīm looking forward to Buenos Aires! I will fly tonight to thursday gig.It will be my revenge !
21st February 2006 01:23 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
I saw them ten times before.It was good but not outstanding.It was the worst gig that i saw live.The sound was terrible.The VIP area was not stones hard core fans area and it was sad to us real fans.The set list was ok , They played very well .Mick was on top of his game.Argentina will be better.Iīm looking forward to Buenos Aires! I will fly tonight to thursday gig.It will be my revenge !

The VIP area was a place full of sons of a bitch that knew nothing about the Stones. A lot of motherfuckers. When I got home I watched the tape recorded from TV and it was disgusting when the VIP area was showed, everybody chating and drinking champagne. Ridiculous.

21st February 2006 01:46 PM
flexy633
quote:
NHStonesfan wrote:
It took me longer than usual to identify get off my cloud

initially i heard 19th nervous............

Holy crap! I thought I was the only one who heard 19th Nervous!
21st February 2006 03:22 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:

The VIP area was a place full of sons of a bitch that knew nothing about the Stones. A lot of motherfuckers. When I got home I watched the tape recorded from TV and it was disgusting when the VIP area was showed, everybody chating and drinking champagne. Ridiculous.

Hey Bruno,Do you know when Multishow will replay the show? I donīt recorded it.
21st February 2006 07:57 PM
lotsajizz What a time!!! I always fantasized about seeing the Stones when I went to the beach; you know, 'hey they should set up a stage right here and play!' Well this time the fantasy came through. I saw this event coming for awhile and made the overseas connections back in November. The flight to Rio was smooth, even arrived early. My former 'Cane suite-mates (from Mahoney Hall, JB!) from Brazil, Ulysses and Guenther, picked me up late Thursday evening and then began a sleepless weekend with more chemicals than I have seen in YEARS!! We partied at my buds' condo in downtown all Friday and then headed to the beach at first light on Saturday morning--we thought we'd be first! Not quite....several thousand already. The beach area was a trip...as were we....we floated back and forth all day from one end of the beach to the other. English was widely spoken...at least the words 'smoke' and 'lighter?' :-) My poor Portugese was so bad that any Brazilian I spoke too answered me in English! The beach was a free-for-all by noon-time; temps in the 80's, all sun, and every alcoholic beverage and chemical known to Christendom since 942 A.D. was in abundance....vendors of every persuasion. Not that we needed anything additional. It almost reminded me of some of the wilder Dead shows I've been at. Anyway, we floated in the back for the opening bands, to whom no one payed much attention. Then the familiar intro sequence...we floated forward by water's edge. There were dozens of boats and even a few ships right off the beach to watch the show. Brazilians are too polite for their own good and we infiltrated almost to the B-stage by the time the opening fireworks and JJF began! We expected a safe setlist and got it, but the performances were top notch. Woodie was a tad more focused and played many fine solos and Mick and Charlie were spot on. But I thought the star was Keith, who looked tanned, roasted, and ready! He was on fire all night and it was good to see, especially after some unfocused dates in the US. 'Wild Horses' 'Nightime' and 'Sympathy' stood out for me...I'd give the show a 7 out of 10 on setlist but a 8.5 out of 10 on performance (which is an '11' for any other band!). We partied on the beach by stage side for another hour after the show before picking our way through the masses. Ulysses had a driver waiting for us after a six block walk and we got back to the condo at 4-ish A.M. Three more hours of winding down and then we slept all day 'till dusk. Violating Steve Martin's injunction we fired up all cylinders again and hit a steakhouse to soothe the ensuing munchies from smoke and two days of snow and no food...those South Americans KNOW steak! Lots of fine Argentinian red wine and then French cognac, then Cuban cigars (Uppman Churchills for those interested), then rest and the flight out Monday evening got me to New York and then R.I. by this morning.

I can't fucking believe I saw the Stones on a beach! In another country!!!! I have no scale by which to guess the crowd size....it seemed at least ten times the size of Moncton and that was 100,000 people...but who knows? Certainly this was the largest crowd I've ever seen! This was a partying crowd and a young crowd....very unlike the States where a lot of oldsters predominate and old farts bitch about smoking and standing up. Despite the partying the crowd was well behaved--I saw security doing nothing other than dancing. The crowd where I was, in front of the B-stage on the water side, was VERY into it! Much more animated than the typical US crowd. Brazil also seems to have a disproportionate number of hot babes....also welcome at Stones shows--as is their sunbathing style
:-)!! btw, the first thing you get asked as an American overseas is if you are 'for Bush'. If you are, the reaction is uniformly unkind. Fortunately Rhode Island is known as a Democrat state and I merely state where I am from and foreigners just nod in sympathy with our predicament. Only those who have never left the confines of their USA cocoon can be ignorant of how much our stock has fallen overseas since the Clinton era.

I must crash now....more to come!!!

[Edited by lotsajizz]
21st February 2006 08:08 PM
Gazza Great fuckin review, Jizzy - glad you had a great time

We all had a blast watchin' it on the web..an amazing event and a great, great performance
21st February 2006 08:12 PM
lotsajizz did you see me? ;-)

I was the guy in the tie-dye

OK now

Cazart!!!

btw, Mick's Portugese was better than mine!!

21st February 2006 08:27 PM
Gazza yeah but he had an autocue - I doubt you did!
21st February 2006 10:16 PM
lonecrapshooter Eu Fui! Obrigado Boys!
Lonecrap was there and am proud of it. Was awesome to see so much unabashed love for the Stones. The Cariocas love a party and this was like no other. A merchandisers galore of course but great that tongues were ubiquitous all over Copocabana. Rio has to be seen to be believed. The crowd was orderly where I was which was all over the day of the show. Easy to get up and back on the beach. Should be noted that many were beer and water vendors who mixed in with the crowd. Saw the first two songs up on the left near the water then walked back down the beach and over to the middle for better sound and to mix with the exuberant cariocas. Crowd was totally under control furtjer back and many were very approachable. Could have done without seeing people pissing in the ocean without entering the water but what should one expect. Saw a cabbie do it in the median along the highway in broad daylight too. Smoking was also ubiquitous even right in front of the Copocabana Palace security hours before the show. I've been to about 50 shows now so not many surprises musically for me. Knowing it was over with the bows got us back to the hotel. I did enjoy the special Lonecrapshooter moment during TD when Mick messed up! Sad that Keith had nothing original to say after a terrible moment of dead silence. I knew he would do it though and told my friend it would be real bad if he did here of all places. That comment should stay with the Hartfords and Detroits of the world not Rio!

21st February 2006 10:26 PM
lotsajizz hey now...do NOT be dis'in' Hartford...greatest Stones show of 19 I have seen, 10/02

22nd February 2006 07:45 AM
gustavobala
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
btw, the first thing you get asked as an American overseas is if you are 'for Bush'. If you are, the reaction is uniformly unkind. Fortunately Rhode Island is known as a Democrat state and I merely state where I am from and foreigners just nod in sympathy with our predicament. Only those who have never left the confines of their USA cocoon can be ignorant of how much our stock has fallen overseas since the Clinton era.

[Edited by lotsajizz]

ī

itīs not only brazilian who hate bu$h, THE REST OF THE WORLD TOO!
22nd February 2006 07:54 AM
lotsajizz I know....it's sad to think how much ground we've lost in the last six years....some non-Americans were actually hanging our Presidential portraits again back in the 90's...now it'll be several decades before that happens again;
22nd February 2006 10:37 AM
telecaster
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I know....it's sad to think how much ground we've lost in the last six years....some non-Americans were actually hanging our Presidential portraits again back in the 90's...now it'll be several decades before that happens again;

Didn't Bin Laden have a picture of Clinton handing in his cave?
22nd February 2006 10:40 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Didn't Bin Laden have a picture of Clinton handing in his cave?

and don't you have one of Franco? or was he too 'liberal' for you?

22nd February 2006 10:53 AM
bob kidrock ritchie Maybe it was a picture of Roger Clinton, musician extraordinaire.
22nd February 2006 11:06 AM
Jumping Jack Lucky for you New England liberals are the favored next US target by Islamic fascists. You better hope no one takes offense to any cartoons in the Hartford Courant.

Gustavabola, if you hate Americans perhaps you shouldn't accept our foreign aid or free DVDs and CDs.
22nd February 2006 11:10 AM
bob kidrock ritchie
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Lucky for you New England liberals are the favored next US target by Islamic fascists. You better hope no one takes offense to any cartoons in the Hartford Courant.

Gustavabola, if you hate Americans perhaps you shouldn't accept our foreign aid or free DVDs and CDs.

How do they feel about white hip-hop countrified southern rockers from Detroit, that is the question.
[Edited by bob kidrock ritchie]
22nd February 2006 11:38 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Lucky for you New England liberals are the favored next US target by Islamic fascists. You better hope no one takes offense to any cartoons in the Hartford Courant.

jj, please read again what i write, please again!

i hate americans???????????????????????
22nd February 2006 11:40 AM
gustavobala
quote:
gustavobala wrote:

ī

itīs not only brazilian who hate bu$h, THE REST OF THE WORLD TOO!

LOOK, ITīS HELPS YOU TO SEE.....

I SAID: """OHHH YEAH, I HATE AMERICANS""""" ????????????

WHERE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

22nd February 2006 12:50 PM
jb My people say 802, 121 .
22nd February 2006 12:57 PM
gustavobala
quote:
jb wrote:
My people say 802, 121 .

ohhhhhh i love americans....LOL
22nd February 2006 01:06 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
My people say 802, 121 .

Your people need to make up their minds.
893,783 on Shidoobee on 2/19.
878,212 on Shidoobee today.
802,121 on Rocks Off today.
I predict your final count to be around 8,587...or in that region
[Edited by erikjjf]
22nd February 2006 01:08 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

Your people need to make up their minds.
893,783 on Shidoobee on 2/19.
878,212 on Shidoobee today.
802,121 on Rocks Off today.
I predict your final count to be around 8,587...or in that region
[Edited by erikjjf]

Swedish Erik just as the media reported 1.5-2 milliuon, my people on the ground needed time to get it right..but if you notice, all with the 800-900 range..very consistent and very accurate. We are sorry about the Japanese/Amsterdam/Germany sales.
22nd February 2006 01:14 PM
Jumping Jack But how many of them hate Bush and 52% of Americans?
22nd February 2006 01:14 PM
gustavobala
quote:
jb wrote:

Swedish Erik just as the media reported 1.5-2 milliuon, my people on the ground needed time to get it right..but if you notice, all with the 800-900 range..very consistent and very accurate. We are sorry about the Japanese/Amsterdam/Germany sales.

it ran away from the mathematics lessons, base times height = calculation of the area

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i love americans
22nd February 2006 01:15 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
But how many of them hate Bush and 52% of Americans?

letīs says that 48% from americans are cool guys...anothers, well, anothers are anothers
22nd February 2006 01:57 PM
jb I will say this, it was a great success, despite under 1 million(also see 3.4 Mil for Rod Stewart in 94). It was their largest concert ever, and for that, we can all be proud, despite the less than expected 1.5-2 million.
[Edited by jb]
22nd February 2006 02:10 PM
telecaster
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
letīs says that 48% from americans are cool guys...anothers, well, anothers are anothers

Just pay us the money you owe us and everything will be fine
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)