ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro 18th February - Broadcast Info, Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
18th February 2006 09:59 PM
SweetVirginia

Me, too. I thought the sound was
amazing on XM. Made me proud to
be a Stones fan. They rocked it
tonight.

18th February 2006 10:01 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

We all do....i think it's why I always cry when they take that damned final bow.

LJ.

Oh, LJ...I did that watching that bow at the
Superbowl. And the photo from that night still
makes me teary....

18th February 2006 10:03 PM
NHStonesfan Hopefully xm 40 plays repeats........
18th February 2006 10:06 PM
Nellcote Text message from Lots o Jizz...
STONES RULE YOU BASTARDS!!!!
[Edited by Nellcote]
18th February 2006 10:07 PM
GerryS I really enjoyed the Rio concert. It was awesome. Never had so much fun at the computer! They were clicking on all cylinders tonight!
18th February 2006 10:09 PM
NHStonesfan I was afraid to touch the computer during the concert.

Imagine if it froze or reboot......hide the sharp objects
18th February 2006 10:23 PM
NHStonesfan Lisa Fisher

STIll has nice legs
18th February 2006 10:49 PM
Barney Fife They sure played better than in Omaha, St. Louis and some other North American dates, huh? Ronnie didn’t appear to be slacking off too much. Espero que os brasileiros apreciar que aos Stones tocaram fabulosamente esta noite. Keith sounded great. I liked the soft, sincere way that he pronounced the word “obrigado.”

Keith, said, “Rio, it’s good to be back…it’s good to be anywhere.” That’s for damn sure with so many opportunities for death through the years. I can relate, Keith! Gotta give credit to Mick for trying to speak as much Portuguese as possible. “Tudo bem!”

It was nice to be able to watch the show with my baby daughter on my lap and a good beer by my side.

Is there a better rock ‘n’ roll drummer in the world than Charlie Watts? I think not! It sure was great to see Bobby Keys still kicking ass. Great show, boys – thanks!
18th February 2006 11:01 PM
Bob Tamp Everything pretty muched clicked tonight. Keith's set was awesome
18th February 2006 11:09 PM
mrhipfl http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41349000/jpg/_41349882_crowd2_afp.jpg

Rolling Stones lure million-plus fans to Rio rockout
Last Updated Sat, 18 Feb 2006 22:50:14 EST
CBC News

More than one million people have attended a free show by The Rolling Stones on Rio de Janeiro's Copacabana Beach, in one of the biggest-ever rock concerts.

The Stones kicked off the Saturday night gig with their 1968 classic, Jumpin' Jack Flash. The sexagenarian rockers blasted out 20 songs in total as eight video screens and more than a dozen sound towers broadcast the concert to fans far from the stage.

Fire department officials estimated that more than one million people had arrived by the time the music began.

As fans continued to pour in from across the country and beyond, they predicted that as many as two million people could eventually join the party.

The city deployed 10,000 police officers to keep watch at the concert, on streets and in volatile neighbourhoods.

They were joined by at least 600 firefighters, lifeguards and civil defence workers, while port authority crews patrolled the shoreline.

Some of the fans began staking out spots on the beach days earlier, sleeping there overnight.

The concert was part of the band's "Bigger Bang" tour, which opened in the United States in August 2005.

The concert organizers had touted it as the world's largest rock concert.

But an estimated 3.5 million people turned out to hear Rod Stewart play on Copacabana Beach on New Year's Eve in 1994.
18th February 2006 11:24 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
...while port authority crews patrolled the shoreline.

I heard a Canadian Coast Guard ship was deployed to the area as well...

18th February 2006 11:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Holy shit! I missed the show as I was out all day and my studio is having a serious metamorphosis but seems that it was a great show, a very good quality webcast and an awesome performance...
18th February 2006 11:45 PM
winter
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Holy shit! I missed the show as I was out all day and my studio is having a serious metamorphosis but seems that it was a great show, a very good quality webcast and an awesome performance...

It's being replayed on aolmusic.com right now.
19th February 2006 12:28 AM
corgi37 Just watching it now on AOL. From intros onwards. Breathtaking stuff. Pity i will get to see none of it.
19th February 2006 12:59 AM
Bloozehound kick azz!

that's some serious pachanga

19th February 2006 01:02 AM
Altamont MIDNIGHT RAMBLER

best song of the night
19th February 2006 01:31 AM
corgi37 What fucking great playing! Satisfaction was stunning. Best Sympathy since 69!!

One thing. Pretty pixellated viewing. Were there any fire works? Didnt look like it to me, but still a brilliant show.

And hows this for unreal. Got onto Google and typed in "rolling stones rio" to see what people were saying.

First off the rank is a review by Aljazeera!
[Edited by corgi37]
19th February 2006 06:41 AM
egon watching it now.
great stuff.
is someone gonna torrent this?
19th February 2006 08:10 AM
MRD8 The audio for the Copacabana show is being torrented on Bootcity, here's the link:
http://www.bootcity.org/showthread.php?p=38693
You have to be a registered member there before you can download...membership is free.
19th February 2006 08:27 AM
axl79 Have anyone seen the Video been torrent ??
19th February 2006 08:30 AM
Schooner333 Thanks for the tip MRD8, already have a membership, downloading now...everyone is up to 28%... 1 seed - 208 peers!
19th February 2006 09:52 AM
gypsy Courtesy of Getty:

19th February 2006 09:57 AM
GotToRollMe Had a great time watching this with all of you last night. Gazza, thanks for all the info and links. Bootcover, thanks for the great photos.

Rolling Stones Rule!

OMG, Gypsy, thank you for the great KEEF shot! Wow!
[Edited by GotToRollMe]
19th February 2006 10:08 AM
Rambler So...was this an incident free concert?
I sure hope it comes out on DVD.....
19th February 2006 10:16 AM
sirfito Great show! They were ON FIRE, like us!
Thank YOU boys.
I can't wait until 21 here in Argentina.
I have no words...
Fito
19th February 2006 10:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
watching it now.
great stuff.
is someone gonna torrent this?

as I've said before, we cant as its going to be an official release

Dimeadozen wouldnt allow it either for the same reason
19th February 2006 11:02 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Ok, thanks for that...I used Macdaddy's info about the LA area so I assumed it was the same for everywhere else.

Info now amended to "check local listings"

i was dyslexic. it was 829, not 892. i am SO sorry about that - i hope i didnt f*ck anything up for you folks (with bunk info)...
19th February 2006 11:18 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I heard a Canadian Coast Guard ship was deployed to the area as well...

NOW THAT'S FUCKING FUNNY
19th February 2006 11:35 AM
Phog That's a great shot of Mr. Richards. Excellent.

I know this show won't be torrented here, but are there plans for a tree. Since I have neither XM or a good internet connection I have no other way of obtaining this show. Maybe one of you would like to work out a trade off-board? Please, please, please!!

Thanks in advance.
19th February 2006 12:33 PM
egon
quote:
axl79 wrote:
Have anyone seen the Video been torrent ??

http://ts.searching.com/torrent/540607/Rolling_Stones_Copacabana_Beach_Rio_February_18_2006

it's not very "healthy" though.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)