ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro 18th February - Broadcast Info, Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
22nd February 2006 02:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I will say this, it was a great success, despite under 1 million(also see 3.4 Mil for Rod Stewart in 94). It was their largest concert ever, and for that, we can all be proud, despite the less than expected 1.5-2 million.
[Edited by jb]

I feel partially at fault as my sources keep changing the numbers as well! Thankfully, it does not look like it will fall below the 800K mark.

With the Super Bowl and the Rio performance, we can be proud as stones fans, until U2 decides they want to better us, then we will be forced to feel shame again.

Erik should be proud, the shows in his region has sold very strong and his pressence at these events will only make it better for those around him!

Sadly, the Euro revenue is quite low compared to the US revenue and I am predicting at least two-three more broadcasts to cover the lower income.
22nd February 2006 02:33 PM
jb This is why there is even the remote shot of mini fall return...
22nd February 2006 02:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
This is why there is even the remote shot of mini fall return...

and only in the large markets where they can finally acheive the $500 per ticket show (aside from the wonderful charity even they are doing and the Licks show at the Joint)
22nd February 2006 02:43 PM
Jumping Jack They need a few fall shows to sell another year's membership to the fan club. After renewing we will find out they are playing large theaters in NY, Chicago, LA and Atlanta for $1000 seat.
22nd February 2006 02:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
They need a few fall shows to sell another year's membership to the fan club. After renewing we will find out they are playing large theaters in NY, Chicago, LA and Atlanta for $1000 seat.

we will win again!
22nd February 2006 03:00 PM
jb The tickets must be no less than 1k for select club shows with "inner circle club" for $2500.
22nd February 2006 10:01 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
Jeep wrote:
One of the most beautiful shots of the night.
Here in larger size :

Leo Fender is smiling down from Heaven!
23rd February 2006 06:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
They need a few fall shows to sell another year's membership to the fan club. After renewing we will find out they are playing large theaters in NY, Chicago, LA and Atlanta for $1000 seat.

they can always do what they did before and ask for $100 "just in case" shows get announced..hah!
23rd February 2006 09:13 AM
Jumping Jack You are correct, sir!!!
24th February 2006 11:51 AM
stonezone9 I can't wait to see this in the theater. I was working that night and was so upset to miss the concert footage online.
I hope the theater has a good sound system
24th February 2006 01:12 PM
gimmekeef At tHE theaters on the 28th I predict about 7:33 pm a collective yell from every theater showing this will be:

"TURN IT UP!!!!!"
28th February 2006 11:40 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
At tHE theaters on the 28th I predict about 7:33 pm a collective yell from every theater showing this will be:

"TURN IT UP!!!!!"

100% correct and it did happen!!! No surround sound!!!!!!!
1st March 2006 07:29 AM
Bruno Stone So how it was in the theaters?
1st March 2006 09:44 AM
lotsajizz speaking as someone there for both---the theater was decent....very good and loud surround sound and a soldout, very enthusiastic crowd at my theater.....the sound, despite its dips and fades, was pretty much what you got in terms of mix being there....

it gave me perspective on the crowd--I am glad I did not know the numbers and immensity of it all when i was there

also, apparently I was within a 100-150 feet of the VIP barrier you see constantly in the movie, but I never noticed it at the time
1st March 2006 10:10 AM
the soul survivor GUYS --

Watched Rio movie last night in New York. Total blow out -- incredible sound and video, but more importantly, THE BOYS WERE ON FIRE!

IMHO, playing in front of 1M+ was the elixir! I have rarely seen Keith so on fire and focused! Mick was, of course, Mick and tore the place up! The rest of the band was simply great! You could feel the energy even on film! And the crowd kicked butt . . . nice to see real fans rather than the MSG dead heads! I really am coming to the conclusion that outdoor shows are where it's at. For example, Hartford CT blew away alll the MSG shows, IMHO.

Makes me wonder . . . why not a free show in Central Park this summer? In New Orleans?

One of the finest 2 hours I have ever spent. And for those of you who are ponying up to go to RCMH and didn't see this for $12. . .wake up from your slumber!

The Soul Survivor
1st March 2006 11:03 AM
jb $15 dollars in exclusiuve boca with 27 people and no surround sound................................medium popcorn $6.00 plus $3.50 for King size M&M's...................................

cc;jc
bc:Gazza
1st March 2006 04:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
$15 dollars in exclusiuve boca with 27 people and no surround sound................................medium popcorn $6.00 plus $3.50 for King size M&M's...................................

Cost of JB whining about it the next day: PRICELESS
1st March 2006 08:04 PM
lonecrapshooter Sound in Union Square theater sucked. Big bummer, but was great to see up close after being halfway back on the beach. Mick said "the women here are beautiful" in Portugese on the b-stage. I concur! So much more fun and interesting to see the Stones abroad! Anyone going to Barcelona for Memorial Day! Many at the theater did not know about Radio City!
2nd March 2006 01:58 PM
Saint Sway Union Square sound just needed to be louder. The sound was clear. It was just played at Macca volume.

the girls on the beach were the best part of the show!
2nd March 2006 03:59 PM
69 Chevy Saw the movie at the Edward's Cinema in Houston. $12.50 per ticket in advance, $15.00 near show time. Tickets are normally $8.50 at this venue. I bought my ticket 1 hour before show time for $12.50. Cool! Theater was about 1/3 full. Sound quality was horrible. No surround sound. It was like watching on a 20 year old TV with 1 four inch speaker. By the end of JJF people were complaining. I spoke with the manager and according to him they were picking up a satellite feed with poor audio and there was nothing they could do except turn it up, which he did. I thought about leaving, but thought "When will I get to see the Stones for under 200 bucks a ticket again?" Even with poor sound the band rocked. People were singing along and applauding after each song. I talked to the manager again after the show and he gave me two complimentary tickets to any future movie. All was forgiven!
3rd March 2006 03:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
69 Chevy wrote:
I talked to the manager again after the show and he gave me two complimentary tickets to any future movie. All was forgiven!

nicely played.

Pug spoked to the manager after the show too...

The manager informed Pug that he owed him $500.
6th March 2006 01:33 PM
voodoopug Thats only 10 cents per empty seat at your band of wannabe Rolling Stones from NYE.

My buddy glencar tells me that you don't even play in a band! Now that is some funny shit.

Chew on this one for a while: WHile you sit hunched over your computer trying to split your time coming up with another unoriginal comeback and trying to come up with an easier way to make it to payday so that you can barely get by check to check, I, at age 28, will be doing exactly what I was doing on Saturday:

Sitting in the family room of my 5872 square foot house with my two beautiful children and loyal dogs in front a warm fire reviewing proposals for my multi tiered deck that is to be installed next month when the ground fully defrosts. I may even be talking to jb on the phone again discussing different investment opportunities that allow me to keep my son's college tuition money (even though they are both under 2 years old) in a high interest bearing, tax free Illinois college fund account). It was a bit lonely at the house on Saturday though, as my wonderful wife of 5 years had decided to take her 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited (leather/sunroof package) to the day spa I surprised her with. (complete with 2.5 hour massage, facial, peticure, manicure and hair styling where she opted to go with the Auburn highlights and light curls to accent her hazel eyes). Upon her return, I used this opportunity to take my oldest son to the play room I have just finished in the basement (30 foot by 18 foot, complete with indoor fort and jungle gym, and 8 foot competition Air Hockey table). All of this hard work so that we can enjoy the fantastic 6 oz Filet's I have marinated in Garlic, Olive Oil, and coarse black pepper which were then grilled to a perfect medium rare finish and served with baked potato,grilled asparagus, Ceasar Salad and a bottle of Banfi 1999 Summus (Tuscany, Italy).

It is no wonder I was unable to address your concerns any sooner with the stressful weekend I was forced to suffer through.

I shouldnt assume that yours was any different though, I am also betting that eating out is now a viable option since Wendy's has brought back its 99 cents menu!

Have a great day!
6th March 2006 01:45 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Cost of JB whining about it the next day: PRICELESS

I wasn't whinning ...I can afford to buy the entire fucking theater ...I supported you on the Crowes, and have held back, even though Pug has been humiliated........You are now on the "not greet" list.
[Edited by jb]
6th March 2006 01:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I wasn't whinning ...I can afford to buy the entire fucking theater ...I supported you on the Crowes, and have held back, even though Pug has been humiliated........You are now on the "not greet" list.
[Edited by jb]

It would be difficult to greet this individual as most bars we go to have a 5-15 dollar cover charge, that would basically account for all of his spending cash anyway. With the growth of the boards and our attendance at many of the preparties, we barely have enough time to greet those we are honored to (see Glencar, Gazza, oldkr (lkrotw), Doug, and countless others), there is no time to greet the flunkees, they would probably only want to abuse our generosity and disappear once we settle our tab and are no longer able to drink for free.
6th March 2006 01:59 PM
nanatod "as most bars we go to have a 5-15 dollar cover charge"

Voodoopug, what bars do you go to in Chicago? Nine? Carnivale?

Even where I live on the northside, one can avoid massive cover charge for bars, unless there are bands playing. Plus there are many comp invitations around if you look at the various nightlife magazines.
6th March 2006 02:31 PM
telecaster
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"as most bars we go to have a 5-15 dollar cover charge"

Even where I live on the northside, one can avoid massive cover charge for bars, unless there are bands playing. Plus there are many comp invitations around if you look at the various nightlife magazines.

jb doesn't clip coupons.......
6th March 2006 02:43 PM
nanatod
quote:
telecaster wrote:

you don't need to clip coupons to get comp admission.
6th March 2006 03:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"as most bars we go to have a 5-15 dollar cover charge"

with the two kids at home, it is increasingly difficult to find "nights out" so if we are able to go out, it will be to see a band (many of my friends are active in the music scene, and we like to show our support). Thus, the 5-15 cover charge. If we are just going out to grab a quick "happy hour drink" while my inlaws spend some quality time with the kids, we will usually head to J Alexanders in Oak Brook (my wife loves the way they make chocolate martini's) or "The Curragh" (sp) in Schaumburg as my inlaws live near there. There are no cover charges at these places, but unfortunately they make sure to charge you about double for a drink...but thankfully they make them great though!
6th March 2006 03:12 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Absolutely correct sir!!!!
6th March 2006 03:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Absolutely correct sir!!!!

Do you take advantage of the "corporate rate" when booking at a hotel or resort?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)