ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question for the RO attorneys...and everyone else. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
23rd February 2007 10:45 AM
LadyJane What do you make of Judge Larry Seidlin and his actions in the Anna Nicole case?

Have you ever seen anything like this?

Choking up reading his decision? WTF???

I'm thinking he wants his own TV show, no?

LJ.
23rd February 2007 10:47 AM
egon maybe he did her as well?
23rd February 2007 10:52 AM
pdog I'm no attorney, and i don't play one anywhere, but I post here. Dudes is retarded, and he is one person we can rest assured isn't the baby's daddy, dude is ghey!
23rd February 2007 10:58 AM
lotsajizz the judge was a disgrace, LJ, and although I've met judges more profoundly weird than him, he seems to boast of his weirdness more than any judge I've ever seen or heard of.....

23rd February 2007 10:58 AM
glencar I saw a headline at Drudge that MRS. Seidlin thinks the judge should have his own TV show. Of the many televised trials I've seen, he is almost the worst judge I've seen. Luckily for him, I've seen Ito.
23rd February 2007 11:02 AM
jb Having appeared before Judge Seidlin many times, I can assure you he is the same with or without cameras. He is a caring, sincere, Judge who treats all litigants and attys with great respect..Moreover, probate court, unlike criminal proceedings, or even most civil cases, is very relaxed and the Judge participates much more ....Seidlin, imo, is a great judge.
[Edited by jb]
23rd February 2007 11:03 AM
glencar Wasn't Broward Co. where Algore got all nutty in 2000? Something in the water down there.
23rd February 2007 11:27 AM
Jumping Jack What is the oldest profession?
A physician, an engineer, and an attorney were discussing who among them belonged to the oldest of the three professions represented. The physician said, "Remember, on the sixth day God took a rib from Adam and fashioned Eve, making him the first surgeon. Therefore, medicine is the oldest profession."

The engineer replied, "But, before that, God created the heavens and earth from chaos and confusion, and thus he was the first engineer. Therefore, engineering is an older profession than medicine."

Then, the lawyer spoke up. "Yes," he said, "But who do you think created all of the chaos and confusion?"

Stupid attorneys
A lawyer was on his cell phone, calling a locksmith.

"I locked my keys in my sports car!" said the nervous lawyer.

"No problem, I should be there in about an hour," replied the locksmith.

"Do you think you can make it a little sooner?" pleaded the lawyer. "My top is down and it's starting to rain."

History of lawyers
Why God Created Lawyers

Satan was complaining bitterly to God, "You made the world so that it was not fair, and you made it so that most people would have to struggle every day, fight against their innate wishes and desires, and deal with all sorts of losses, grief, disasters, and catastrophes. Yet people worship and adore you. People fight, get arrested, and cheat each other, and I get blamed, even when it is not my fault. Sure, I'm evil, but give me a break. Can't you do something to make them stop blaming me?"

And so God created lawyers.

Drinking too much
A man sat down at a bar, looked into his shirt pocket, and ordered a double scotch.

A few minutes later, the man again peeked into his pocket and ordered another double. This routine was followed for some time, until after looking into his pocket, he told the bartender that he's had enough.

The bartender said, "I've got to ask you - what's with the pocket business?"

The man replied, "I have my lawyer's picture in there. When he starts to look honest, I've had enough."

An honest lawyer
An independent woman started her own business. She was shrewd and diligent, so business kept coming in. Pretty soon she realized she needed an in-house counsel, and so she began interviewing young lawyers.

"As I'm sure you can understand," she started off with one of the first applicants, "in a business like this, our personal integrity must be beyond question." She leaned forward. "Mr. Peterson, are you an 'honest' lawyer?"

"Honest?" replied the job prospect. "Let me tell you something about honest. Why, I'm so honest that my dad lent me fifteen thousand dollars for my education and I paid back every penny the minute I tried my very first case."

"Impressive. And what sort of case was that?"

He squirmed in his seat and admitted, "My dad sued me for the money."
23rd February 2007 11:33 AM
jb I love lawyer jokes...I laugh at them all the way to the bank..today for example, I just deposited $16,500 in my account as a result of a small case I just settled. This money will be used to cover costs of Wrestle-Mania 23. In fact, I am proud to announce that I have already meet the 97, 500 threshold for social security withholding, and my checks will be even larger...........Remember, lawyers are the last defense b/t you and anarchy...we are the protectors of individual liberty and hold the gov. accountable when they infringe on your rights...God bless all attys on the board...we are the keepers of the flame.
23rd February 2007 11:53 AM
Jumping Jack Good morning Joshy. How long does it take your new ride to get from beautiful Boca to Tampa? You should come up on the 13th and join the Who party.
23rd February 2007 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Good morning Joshy. How long does it take your new ride to get from beautiful Boca to Tampa? You should come up on the 13th and join the Who party.

I was considering it, but with the march 26th show, I shall remain put. I urge all Tampa plans to be put on hold, as the last NA date down here , at the now infamous Hard Rock, looks to be a great climax to this tour.
23rd February 2007 12:04 PM
Jumping Jack Your Beatle loving buddy the Ripper is sitting next to me front and center. He is badly in need of your counseling, LOL! Please come straighten him out and get him on the path of redemption.
23rd February 2007 12:07 PM
Saint Sway Can I sue Gazza for being forced to wait 60 seconds before re-posting?
23rd February 2007 12:16 PM
Starbuck joshie....so good to see you back.

and here i thought you had made the transition.

your above post was the funniest thing i've read since bloom couny circa 1986.
23rd February 2007 12:16 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Can I sue Gazza for being forced to wait 60 seconds before re-posting?

The 60 second rule is back?
23rd February 2007 12:24 PM
Lethargy You hit the nail! It's just another self-absorbed judge thinking they're really a TV star. Sad.

quote:
LadyJane wrote:
What do you make of Judge Larry Seidlin and his actions in the Anna Nicole case?

Have you ever seen anything like this?

Choking up reading his decision? WTF???

I'm thinking he wants his own TV show, no?

LJ.

23rd February 2007 12:30 PM
Saint Sway How can I legally go about digging up Ian Stewarts corpse?
23rd February 2007 12:34 PM
nankerphelge I have heard that he has been a judge since he was 26 -- and I have heard that he has been shopping his vid to TV execs seeking his own show for a while now.

And hell, it is good work if you can get it.
I don't know what he makes in his position presently, but you know damn well he will make big $$ if he gets a TV show.

Judges, like everyone else, have their own ambitions.
Some want to be judges.
Some want to be Justices.
Some want to be politicos.
Some want to be rich.

23rd February 2007 12:45 PM
Maxlugar Anyone wishing to say this to Judge Seidlin's face can just go to 301 MetroCenter Boulevard, #102, Warwick Rhode Island you friggin' coward's---any time, you wimps...show up if you got the balls...or are you just talk?
23rd February 2007 12:54 PM
jb I have no problem with Judge Seidlin's demeanor...he is who who is. I prefer him to most of the Judges who have a "holier than thou" attitude and whom forget they ever practiced law.
23rd February 2007 12:57 PM
pdog But is he ready for his own TV show?
23rd February 2007 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
But is he ready for his own TV show?

Most Judges are typically well off financially as the average salary of $125-175k is less than they can earn in private practice. Seidlin has been a judge since he was 28....he has alwasy been funny, personal, and caring. If you look at the other judge shows, he certainly could do no worse imo.
23rd February 2007 01:11 PM
Saint Sway I think jb should have his own show
23rd February 2007 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I think jb should have his own show

The only "show" I like is "Show me the money" $$$$$$$$$$$$
23rd February 2007 01:25 PM
charlotte jb would be the exception to the rule...he has already maxed out ss$...he would lose financially
23rd February 2007 01:29 PM
LadyJane I've been saying for YEARS that a reality show based on various RO members would be HILARIOUS.

think of the possibilities!!!!!!!!

BTW..thanks for all the replies.

I'm stumped.

Is Judge Larry a total whack job or a breath of fresh air??

LJ.
23rd February 2007 01:38 PM
jb Judge Seidlin must be applauded for the unique and personal manner in which he handled this very high profile case. I generally agree with his decision since the ad -litem( assuming this appointment was correct-the applellate issue) has no financial interest. If he awarded the body to Stern or the family, they could have photos taken for profit, preclude the other party from attending the burial, etc. Ultimately, Danielynn will have control over the burial site should she wish to remove her mothers remains.
[Edited by jb]
23rd February 2007 01:47 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Judge Seidlin must be applauded for the unique and personal manner in which he handled this very high profile case. I generally agree with his decision since the ad -litem( assuming this appointment was correct-the applellate issue) has no financial interest. If he awarded the body to Stern or the family, they could have photos taken for profit, preclude the other party from attending the burial, etc. Ultimately, Danielynn will have control over the burial site should she wish to remove her mothers remains.

joshie...i see you must have a case pending in judge sederline's court.

the bigger question here is why the entire goddamn country gives a shit.
23rd February 2007 01:57 PM
jb
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

joshie...i see you must have a case pending in judge sederline's court.

the bigger question here is why the entire goddamn country gives a shit.

Even "hard news" programs have been "celebrified" . With the country going down the shitter, Iran obtaining nuclear weapons, the poor getting poorer, no health coverage for 45 million, and no end to the nightmare in Iraq, we as a nation are still more consumed with Paris Hilton's pee-pee!! It's the American fucking way!!!
23rd February 2007 01:59 PM
Fiji Joe Dude's a douche
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)