ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question for the RO attorneys...and everyone else. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
27th February 2007 12:49 PM
lotsajizz I'm a sole practicioner...last of a dying breed...God bless Atticus Finch
27th February 2007 12:56 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I'm a sole practicioner...last of a dying breed...God bless Atticus Finch

I am a solo as well, but I share overhead with 2 other gentlemen who practice Appellate and Commercial Real-Estate. We each have our own secretary, my "library" is all on CD-ROM, and I pay for a law clerk. My monthly nut runs me around 10k.
I left a large firm 10 yrs ago, and never looked back. I use to bill 2400 hrs, or approx 1.5 million in fees, and they paid me in the low six figures!!! I knew if I was going to be in this life -shortening, stress filled, profession, I was at least going to become well off doing it. From my first year out until this very day, I have never earned less than I did when I was with the firm. I just thank god I did not get trapped by the "junior partner" bull-shit, the .0001% equity bonus, and the leased company car. I make as much as any named partners in the firm I left so long ago....
27th February 2007 01:01 PM
nankerphelge The RO legal directory:

"If you have a computer, you have an inebriated and slightly brain-damaged lawyer"

nanky - federal patent litigation
Sirmoonie - federal patent litigation
jb - slip & falls, negligence, poking hot Asians in their pooper
lotsajizz - sole practicioner specializing in contrarian studies
Brainbell Jangler - Harvard grad -- what else do you need to know
Feej - general practice specializing in cornering cool drummers in antique stores

I know there are more of us ... who did I miss?

27th February 2007 01:08 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The RO legal directory:

"If you have a computer, you have an inebriated and slightly brain-damaged lawyer"

nanky - federal patent litigation
Sirmoonie - federal patent litigation
jb - slip & falls, negligence, poking hot Asians in their pooper
lotsajizz - sole practicioner specializing in contrarian studies
Brainbell Jangler - Harvard grad -- what else do you need to know
Feej - general practice specializing in cornering cool drummers in antique stores

I know there are more of us ... who did I miss?

Amendment:

nanky-federal patent litigation specializing in sheep and chiba.
sirmoonie-federal patient litigation and hotel mini bar molester. Special interest in moof piss.

What about our dear friend SIA???

LJ.
27th February 2007 01:26 PM
nankerphelge Yes, of course, how could I forget him!

There are others as well.

27th February 2007 01:30 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

There are others as well.

An awfully large percentage given the size of our lil community.

A tad frightening, no?

LJ.
27th February 2007 01:32 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

An awfully large percentage given the size of our lil community.

A tad frightening, no?

LJ.

No...attys are the back bone of our democracy....while we are the butt of jokes, the minute someone feels they have been legally wronged, they quickly realize what a good atty can do for them.
[Edited by jb]
27th February 2007 01:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

No...attys are the back bone of our democracy....while we are the butt on jokes, the minute someone feels they have been legally wronged, they quickly realize what a good atty can do for you.

27th February 2007 01:45 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

No...attys are the back bone of our democracy....while we are the butt on jokes, the minute someone feels they have been legally wronged, they quickly realize what a good atty can do for you.

Some of my dearest friends are attorneys!
I simply meant there seems to be an inordinate amount of Legal Eagle Stones fanatics.

LJ.
27th February 2007 01:49 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Some of my dearest friends are attorneys!
I simply meant there seems to be an inordinate amount of Legal Eagle Stones fanatics.

LJ.

15% of Boca is Jewish....it's all in the #'s. We have single handedly turned South palm Beach county into a Jewish Oasis!!!
Come to Joey.........................kins!!!!
27th February 2007 01:52 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

15% of Boca is Jewish....it's all in the #'s. We have single handedly turned South palm Beach county into a Jewish Oasis!!!
Come to Joey.........................kins!!!!

You're My Wonderwall....LOL!
27th February 2007 02:28 PM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, no needling was intended. We figured that folks like LJ would want them. It's sad that the one photo has been turned into an object of derision. Makes me pissed.
[Edited by glencar]

Which photo do you speak of, glenny...Maxy's Key Chain photo or the photo I took of our friends holding said key chain that everyone seems to have taken a fancy on posting without my permission?

...just curious.
27th February 2007 02:43 PM
pdog
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Which photo do you speak of, glenny...Maxy's Key Chain photo or the photo I took of our friends holding said key chain that everyone seems to have taken a fancy on posting without my permission?

...just curious.

The only peoplei allow to make fun of me are my friends, who also have a sense of humor about themselves, the rest, I wish a life full of pain upon...

For my friends!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
27th February 2007 02:59 PM
Joey
Nanky ?!

[Edited by Joey]
27th February 2007 03:43 PM
glencar
quote:
parmeda wrote:

...just curious.

Pammy, I meant the one of the 3 friends holding the keychains. I'm not blaming you or whoever took the photo; it was a great time we had & everyone was "feeling no pain" so we had that. But that some have taken the photo & made it into some sort of "cult" event makes me angry.
27th February 2007 04:26 PM
parmeda My point exactly, glenny
27th February 2007 04:35 PM
glencar LOL I just didn't want you to think I was criticizng you. You are a great hostess & funny & cool as hell.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)