ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question for the RO attorneys...and everyone else. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
26th February 2007 02:02 PM
Joey
W- What ?! ............... Oh , sure ! :

" .....Later. I parked my car in the Wardour Street underground car park next to the Intrepid Fox pub. I walked past the Marquee Club towards Brewer Street, and looked up at the beautiful big half-moon windows of my old apartment on the top floor at the corner. I felt comfortable in Soho because I had once lived there; I felt comfortable because the Marquee Club was where the Who finally proved themselves at our residency there at the start of our career five years earlier in 1964. This wasn’t Soho, this was my home, my manor. And yet as I turned the corner down Old Compton Street towards Frith Street my heart began to pump. I reminded myself, in a familiar mantra, this is futile. To feel fear is pointless. There is nothing to fear. I am a man now. No one can hurt me any more. In thirty minutes time The Who were to play their new rock opera Tommy to the press at Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club, our first Live performance before the critics. As I crossed Dean Street I imagined I heard a voice shouting ‘Judas’. Did I fancy myself to be Bob Dylan? I realized someone was shouting ‘Trousers’, one of my nicknames used by insiders. I looked towards the voice and saw a small group of men I knew to be a travelling party of fans of the band from the Marquee days, led as ever by a bombastic music journalist, already a little drunk, who I had always regarded as an ally. He would not catch my eye. I did not want them to join me on the last steps of my journey, carrying my guitar, on my way to face an inquisition of sorts. I didn’t want them to catch any scent of fear; fear I could not allow myself to feel. One of them spotted me and ran to catch up with me. Breathless, smelling of alcohol, he asked me how I felt. I said I felt all right. He told me not to worry, even if everyone was saying that Tommy was sick, it was controversial, a little controversy never hurt anyone in show business. "

http://www.petetownshend-whohe.blogspot.com/

26th February 2007 03:54 PM
gypsy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Well actually my wife had made up some keychains with my picture on them for my 40th birthday as a joke. They were among quite a few gags she put together to sort of needle me during the party. It was funny, looking back. Blue and Scope were there and I believe it was Blue who took a few extra's with him to Chicago to further the needling of me. It has nothing to do with ego and they were not created by me for any use, let alone "board" activities. But once again, I take it in stride as the mental patients like yourself take their swings. You want to talk disturbing? I find you head and shoulders above anyone who has ever posted on these boards in that regard. Send some more pictures of yourself from 1986 to people over the internet that you will never meet. Oh and continue to call yourself "hot" in the process. Talk about a big head. LOL. I find it disturbing especially when you send topless shots of yourself to complete strangers. Even if those pictures are you, and are current, it's no great shakes in my dept. Anyway, just do your thing and leave me out of it. I want nothing to do with you. Your fascination with me and my family is unhealthy and considered stalking by us.

Have a nice day, fruit loop.

M- .................

M- M- ............................

M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- ..... ***** ......

M- Macky ?!?!

Could I please stop over this evening and borrow a cup of ego ?

P- Please ...... ?!?!
26th February 2007 03:57 PM
jb Hi Gypsy!!!!
26th February 2007 04:12 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Hi Gypsy!!!!

Bloomberg Press
Israel Denies Plan to Attack Iran Nuclear Facility

By David Rosenberg

“ Jan. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Israel denied a newspaper report that it's preparing a nuclear attack against Iranian uranium- enrichment plants and said it remains committed to ending a dispute over Iran's nuclear program through diplomacy.

The denial followed a report in the London-based Sunday Times today, citing unidentified people in the Israeli military, that Israel plans to use nuclear ``bunker-buster'' bombs against the Natanz site in northern Iran. The Mossad, Israel's intelligence service, predicts Iran will be able to produce nuclear weapons within two years, the newspaper said.

Should such a plan be carried out, it would be the first use of nuclear weapons since the U.S. dropped atomic bombs on Japan in 1945. The United Nations Security Council last month imposed sanctions on Iran, through resolution 1737, for its refusal to suspend uranium enrichment. Iran says its enrichment program is designed to produce nuclear power not weapons.

``Israel is 100 percent committed to the international effort to achieve a diplomatic solution and supports the full and expeditious implementation of UN resolution 1737,'' Mark Regev, a spokesman for the Israeli Foreign Ministry, said by telephone today. Israel ``formally denies'' the newspaper report, he said.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini, speaking at a weekly briefing with reporters, said in response to the Sunday Times report that any ``attacker would quickly regret their act,'' the official Islamic Republic news Agency, or Irna, said on its Web site.

Arms Control

Emily Landau, director of the arms control and regional security program at the Institute for National Security Studies at Tel Aviv University, said that while Israel hopes diplomacy will bring a suspension of Iran's program, officials have hinted at military action in what she called ``deterrent statements.''

``Israel is basically still hoping for some kind of diplomatic outcome to this crisis while trying to keep a low profile,'' Landau said by telephone. ``It shouldn't surprise us that Israel will also attempt to deter this danger, but I don't think we need to make leap between deterrent statements and plans to make an attack.''

Israel's concerns about the Iranian program have grown since Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called for the Jewish state to be ``wiped off the map'' several times in the past year. The president On Jan. 3 said Iran will start producing nuclear fuel on an industrial scale soon, without elaborating.

Two Israeli air force squadrons are training to attack the concrete-shielded facility in Natanz, to the south of Tehran, using low-yield bunker-busters equal to 1/15th the power of Little Boy, the bomb dropped on Hiroshima, the Sunday Times said.

Nuclear Reactor

Israel is also considering facilities near Isfahan and Arak as targets and its pilots are flying as far as Gibraltar, a 2,000-mile round-trip, to prepare, the newspaper said. Israel carried out air strikes against an Iraqi nuclear reactor in Osirak in 1981, the Sunday Times said.

Iran in November test-fired a Shahab-3 ballistic missile capable of traveling 2,000 kilometers, a range that would put Israel's major cities within reach.

Hosseini told reporters today that his country had no plans to suspend cooperation with the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency in spite of the Security Council resolution, Irna reported.

To contact the reporter on this story: David Rosenberg in Jerusalem at [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26th February 2007 04:20 PM
Jumping Jack WWHD?

What Would Hillary Do?
26th February 2007 04:28 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
WWHD?

What Would Hillary Do?

ESP....eat some pussy......
26th February 2007 04:35 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Hi Gypsy!!!!

Hi jb!

I am thrilled that you have returned!
26th February 2007 05:16 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

" ...............A later memory. I spewed out water and bile as my head was pulled again from the soapy hot water. Someone had a clump of my hair at the back of my head held so tightly that it felt it would tear away. My eyes were stinging and I tried to rub them, but my torturer held my hands together easily behind my back, and plunged my face into the water again. Again and again, whenever I could take in enough air I gasped and cursed, I hate you, I hate you. After a while my defiance ebbed with the last suds spiralling down the plughole. I lay naked in the bottom of the bathtub, weeping, a pathetic six year old moaning for my mother. Suddenly I was taken up in a warm towel and rubbed so briskly I began to panic again, I vomited one last mixture of soapy water and bile over my captor. With that I was hurled back again into the tub as it was filled with cold water. "

http://www.petetownshend-whohe.blogspot.com/

GRANDMOM?
26th February 2007 05:22 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

GRANDMOM?

yes.
26th February 2007 05:55 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

yes.

ALL JOKES ASIDE, A QUESTION!
IS IT HEALTHY AT 62 TO BE CRYING OVER WHAT GRANDMOM DID TO YOU WHEN YOU WERE 6 IN 1951?

26th February 2007 05:57 PM
Some Guy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

IS IT HEALTHY AT 62 TO BE CRYING OVER WHAT GRANDMOM DID TO YOU WHEN YOU WERE 6 IN 1951?

8 yr olds, dude.
26th February 2007 06:39 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

8 yr olds, dude.

Thanks Some Guy .

26th February 2007 06:40 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

Perks ....................................

I friggin swear you shall NOT be greeted next month .

I Friggin SWEAR it !

J. " Snarky " Fly !
26th February 2007 06:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

8 yr olds, dude.

26th February 2007 07:40 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

WOLFIE,IN HAPPIER TIMES
26th February 2007 08:45 PM
pdog Dude, your Moms a MILF!
26th February 2007 08:55 PM
LadyJane Back to the circus that started this thread.

Anna's body STILL rotting in the Florida morgue.
Give it up Virgie.
Let her be buried with her son.

ASAP.

LJ.
26th February 2007 08:58 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Back to the circus that started this thread.

Give it up Virgie.

ASAP.

LJ.

At this time, even necrophelia is out! She's just too rotten!
27th February 2007 02:16 AM
Brainbell Jangler I, too, was prepared to dismiss Judge Seidlin as a judicial buffoon on no better evidence than heavily edited TV "news" clips. The intelligent position, however, is to defer to the judgment of those such as Josh who have practiced before His Honor. Any of you who have had direct experience of an event and then seen it distorted on television or in the newspaper should understand this (not to mention you chronic calumniators of the "mainstream media").
27th February 2007 04:21 AM
lotsajizz any resemblance between what lay people think a Court is and what a Court actually is seems to be purely coincidental
27th February 2007 07:41 AM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Well actually my wife had made up some keychains with my picture on them for my 40th birthday as a joke. They were among quite a few gags she put together to sort of needle me during the party. It was funny, looking back. Blue and Scope were there and I believe it was Blue who took a few extra's with him to Chicago to further the needling of me. It has nothing to do with ego and they were not created by me for any use, let alone "board" activities.

Nah, no needling was intended. We figured that folks like LJ would want them. It's sad that the one photo has been turned into an object of derision. Makes me pissed.
[Edited by glencar]
27th February 2007 07:44 AM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Back to the circus that started this thread.

Give it up Virgie.

ASAP.

LJ.

Looks like Virgie won on appeal. And the dead son's body might be moved.
27th February 2007 10:17 AM
jb
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
I, too, was prepared to dismiss Judge Seidlin as a judicial buffoon on no better evidence than heavily edited TV "news" clips. The intelligent position, however, is to defer to the judgment of those such as Josh who have practiced before His Honor. Any of you who have had direct experience of an event and then seen it distorted on television or in the newspaper should understand this (not to mention you chronic calumniators of the "mainstream media").

Thank you for deferring judgment. I can assure you Judge Seidlin did not change much at all for the cameras. He has been this way since I first appeared in front of him almost 18 yrs ago. A very emotional, friendly, and entertaining judge whom usually gets it right. Unlike many of the judges I appear before, he n ever forgot where he came from and how difficult the attys job is.
27th February 2007 11:31 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

Thank you for deferring judgment. I can assure you Judge Seidlin did not change much at all for the cameras. He has been this way since I first appeared in front of him almost 18 yrs ago. A very emotional, friendly, and entertaining judge whom usually gets it right. Unlike many of the judges I appear before, he n ever forgot where he came from and how difficult the attys job is.

"Where he came from"?...Dude's been a judge since he was 28...right?...which means at best, he spent 2, maybe 3 years in private practice...How informed can he be with respect to the real world dynamics of his procedural rulings?...My experience is, and no offense, that if a plaintiff's attorney is singing his praises, then he spends less time on the legal issues and more time bullshittin'...and is no stickler for abiding by the rules of evidence...that's my experience
27th February 2007 12:04 PM
jb Down here we call that "kibitzing". But seriously, like a trained monkey, any law school graduate, let alone judge, can recite, apply, and understand the Rules of Evidence, the Rules of Civil Procedure, the Rules of Criminal Procedure, Probate Rules etc., The skilled judge or lawyer for that matter, understands the rules, but more importantly, understands they are only the tools to navigate to a judicially sound opinion. It is the art of applying the rules to a specific set of facts, and coming to a well reasoned decision/remedy that separates a skilled lawyer/judge from someone who simply has a plaque on their wall.
[Edited by jb]
27th February 2007 12:06 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

My experience is, and no offense, that if a plaintiff's attorney is singing his praises, then he spends less time on the legal issues and more time bullshittin'...and is no stickler for abiding by the rules of evidence...that's my experience

that's called 'probate court' son...the rules of evidence are more like.....guidelines in that forum

always defer to the local counsel's experience (unless he's your opponent)

27th February 2007 12:35 PM
nankerphelge I think it is kind of refreshing to see a judge show such emotion. Along the lines that jb said, it shows a human side to the guy -- not merely a fuzz-head, legal eagle that knew a Senator or had a good golf game.

I have been before a lot of different judges and magistrates, and some are great and some are absolute pricks, some are good at making decisions and others cannot decide anything, some are totally unbiased and others are pure political animals.

The only type of judge I don't care for is one that doesn't listen and won't let you make your argument because he/she is too busy illuminating the masses with their brilliance. But those are few and far between.

27th February 2007 12:37 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I think it is kind of refreshing to see a judge show such emotion. Along the lines that jb said, it shows a human side to the guy -- not merely a fuzz-head, legal eagle that knew a Senator or had a good golf game.

I have been before a lot of different judges and magistrates, and some are great and some are absolute pricks, some are good at making decisions and others cannot decide anything, some are totally unbiased and others are pure political animals.

The only type of judge I don't care for is one that doesn't listen and won't let you make your argument because he/she is too busy illuminating the masses with their brilliance. But those are few and far between.

One of these days we gotta co-councel on something, anything!!! LOL!!!
27th February 2007 12:42 PM
nankerphelge Chicks did guys that do federal patent litigation!

(Just made partner, incidently)
27th February 2007 12:49 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Chicks did guys that do federal patent litigation!

(Just made partner, incidently)

Federal Patent Litigation gets them wet, but slip-n-falls spells out ORGASM.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)