ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Francesco Scavullo
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE BAR IS OPEN! (aka Drinking thread part 4) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
01-09-04 10:25 AM
egon i'm kicking the weekend off with this little fellow:

And you?
01-09-04 10:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Have you people attended a show so drunk that you don't remember anything? Or that the next day you start to remember the setlist as the music still ringing up inside your brain?

01-09-04 10:48 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]

As for getting so wasted at a show and not remembering anything -- Not at a Stones concert (for what i'm paying to see them, I want to remember the show)

However I have done so at other shows -- most notably in university at a David Wilcox concert (man, I was as wasted as he was, only remember 3 songs!!)
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
01-09-04 10:51 AM
Sir Stonesalot Nope. I always get "tuned" up for a show, but not to the point where I ain't gonna remember anything. Especially now with ticket prices so high.

Much better to get stoned for a show. Drink AFTER.
01-09-04 10:53 AM
egon
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Have you people attended a show so drunk that you don't remember anything? Or that the next day you start to remember the setlist as the music still ringing up inside your brain?

i once went to see INXS (free tickets!!!) and had very good seats.... at the bar in the back of the hall.

don't remeber what they played or if they were any good
(come to think of it maybe it wasn't even INXS), but man those beers were tasty!!!

[Edited by egon]
01-09-04 10:55 AM
parmeda SOLE PUB IN AUSTRALIA'S HOTTEST TOWN SERVES LAST DRINK
January 9, 2004
Chicago SunTimes
BY NICK SQUIRES

SYDNEY -- The only pub in Australia's hottest town has closed, leaving residents facing a 250-mile return drive in 100-degree heat for a cold beer.

Marble Bar, more than 900 miles north of Perth, regularly sees summer temperatures of 110 degrees. In 1923-24, it had 160 consecutive days above 100 degrees.

But the century-old Ironclad Hotel, named by American miners after the iron-hulled warships used in the Civil War, closed its doors after a dispute at the weekend prompted its manager to leave town.

Western Australia's Department of Gaming, Racing and Liquor said it appeared that he had had enough and simply shut up shop. The owners were believed to be on holiday in Ireland.

"They put in place a temporary manager, but he decided that he did not wish to continue to manage the premises," the department's licensing manager, Peter Minchin, said.

Greg Lafranchi, the manager of Traveller's Stop cafe in the town, said: "A lot of the locals are running a bit dry and it's 200 kilometers [125 miles] to the next pub, which is in Port Hedland.

"There'll be quite a few people pounding on the door when it re-opens."

More than 5,000 prospectors flocked to Marble Bar in the 1890s after gold was found.

Daily Telegraph
01-09-04 10:56 AM
Zeeta Yeah mate! I wish I had the wisdom, I got too battered for the Manchester show last year. Me and my bro had a huge arguement about whether they played Miss You or not, turned out they hadn't!!

I have done it at EVERY festival I have been to but that's different I guess - gotta get Nolted!

"Remember Ronnie??"

"Nah"

"Oh right he was there!?!"
01-09-04 10:57 AM
Jumacfly Egon , a double scotch with coke (and sympathy??) please!
bon week end fada!!
01-09-04 11:05 AM
egon parmeda, your story brings tears to my eyes!
my heart bleeds for the locals.

jumy, fadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
nice weekend to you, and all of you crazy RO bastards.
may your glasses always be filled.
[Edited by egon]
01-09-04 11:08 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Have you people attended a show so drunk that you don't remember anything? Or that the next day you start to remember the setlist as the music still ringing up inside your brain?

That happened to a friend of mine at a Stones show in New York!
01-09-04 12:33 PM
Joey

Denying the White Logic again ........................

Jackykins !
01-09-04 12:39 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:
Denying the White Logic again ........................

You know, I'm kinda hurt that you don't nick more of my material. I mean I've had some stellar stuff over the years. Is it not good enough for your heistage?

Anyway, lets just put it behind us Joey. Did you go to church on acid like I recommended? Is that fucked up or what? Eff Yoo See Kay'ed up! Angels and demon imps jumping out of the stained glass and locked in an eternal battle for your immortal soul. Man, thats whacky! Ryhmes with Jacky!
01-09-04 12:51 PM
parmeda egon...I was stunned myself, lol!
01-09-04 02:21 PM
Joey " You know, I'm kinda hurt that you don't nick more of my material. " " I mean I've had some stellar stuff over the years. Is it not good enough for your heistage? "

Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why must you confuse young Joey so ?!?!?!?!

" Anyway, lets just put it behind us Joey. " " Did you go to church on acid like I recommended? " " Is that fucked up or what? "

Jacky !!!!!! --- It Blows Doors !

01-09-04 03:47 PM
Some Guy Coffee!! for now.
01-09-04 03:53 PM
nankerphelge Pasta with hot I-talian sauseeg
and Chianti this evening.

It's what I like to call the "fuck you, Atkins" diet!

Yeah and some bread too!

01-09-04 04:17 PM
Joey

One Word :

" JaggerBomb ! "

Jacky Cakes !
01-10-04 02:00 AM
Sir Stonesalot Could you imagine driving 250 miles RT for beer?

My car would have a gazillion miles on it by now.

Why don't those dumb fuckers move? I mean, it's really hot, and there is no hooch. Move to where they have beer and it ain't so stinkin hot!!!

Unless, of course they have a blowjob tree.

So did Steve Erwin feed his baby to the Crocs yet? Did you hear that he said he was trying to teach his baby to be "croc savvy"?

Dude, the kid shits himself, and gets all his meals from tits. Trust me, with a life like that...he ain't interested in being "croc savvy"!
01-10-04 02:16 AM
sirmoonie Red wine and gorilla bong hits.

Hey, anyone know if the cowbell at the beginning of Honky Tonk Women was the same cowbell at the end of Dead Flowers? Cow O' Bell.

How great are the Rolling Stones you ask? Fuck, there are at least three web sites dedicated to their very existence and no one has come up with the written formulaic expression yet. That is how great the Rolling Stones are. Keep trying......
01-10-04 05:51 AM
luxury1 Damn, I've gotten so wasted I've been thrown out by security (1981--Hartford). However, I've wisened in my years, and only occasionly pass out now.
01-10-04 07:16 AM
Nellcote Ah, those thrilling days of yesteryear.....
So many shows, so many highs....
Those are some great memories......
I had to sign a non disclosure pact with my wife until my children reach 18, so I would not slip up around the house of my colorful past. Still surprised I am able to coherently place words together sometimes when I harken back to the pre Exile to Some Girls period. The body has wonderful healing powers. I even paced myself New Years Eve enjoying Peter Wolf @ the Boston Hard Rock, only taking in one depth charge prior to the start of the show.

NOW, SS, ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.....??
01-10-04 12:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot Fuckin' right Nelly.

See you at the Super Bowl.
01-10-04 12:28 PM
Maxmeister [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Never quite that far gone, I spent some time with this dude in NYC who just had to have that one last shot of tequila and Heineken before the MSG gig.
Fortunately he was found may hours later relativley unharmed and thankful that there was a 2 day window to recover before the Giants gig.
Voodoo, living life to the extreme, indeed!!

Rick

01-10-04 01:26 PM
egon saturday evening,

Who's drinking tonight? and what? and where? and for what reason?

for me it will be wine (with dinner), wine (after dinner) & beer (in the pub) reason; it's the weekend. one needs to unwind every so often)

you?
01-10-04 06:40 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat My bar is still open gegege!
01-11-04 10:36 AM
egon sunday pm.

you'll be pleased to know i managed to drink all of the above and more.

there's nothing better than passing out in a night club at 0700 in the morning...

i'm so proud of me.
01-11-04 10:54 AM
LadyJane egon---I nominate you for the "Nolte of the week" award!!

LJ.
01-11-04 10:57 AM
egon really?
i feel so special.
or maybe that's just my headache.

need....more....coffee!
01-11-04 01:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Damn, I've gotten so wasted I've been thrown out by security (1981--Hartford). However, I've wisened in my years, and only occasionly pass out now.

If I was in charge of security I wouldn't thrown you out, just take you to the backstage area (check Joes Garage's lyrics)
01-11-04 01:35 PM
Zeeta Many pints of Stella - man that stuff is THE shit!
Red Wine - A necessary evil!
Abbott ale - MMMMM
White wine - just evil
Tonight I'm off to some bar on the South Bank - caraffes of wine all around, they don't even serve in wine glasses just small beakers!! Also they sell tripe and chips, cows heart and the like, I'll give a report soon...

MOTTY
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

BEST VIEWED HIGH