ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OFFICIAL BOARD CHANGE IN POWER. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
01-30-03 10:33 AM
throbby That's what gets me. Why the need to fire "warning shots"? Laugh and let laugh. I've read many the skewering posts on a few celebrities during their times of fucking up. They never respond which makes the lambasting rather easy. You guys are certainly good at dishing it out, surely you can take what little ribbing comes your way. Another thing, is there a defined status ranking on this board? Is it set up like a fuedal system with lords(old members) and serfs(new members) or is it more like a dialogue amongst peers?

As far as the cock dance. The Stones have always entertained the masses by alternating from camp to butch. Christ, isn't Mick known as the Cock o' the Walk. Good rock has always generated from the pelvis, look at Elvis. Saying that you don't feel that when you see the Stones is like saying you only read the articles in Playboy. C'mon guys loosen those ties a little.
01-30-03 10:36 AM
Dandelion* Throbby - talk to Sir Stonesalot about his views on circumcision - he REALLY likes that.
01-30-03 10:36 AM
telecaster If I may interrupt, who is the guy in the tie I am looking at?

01-30-03 10:37 AM
jb Sirstonesalot...I felt the same way after the "vote". I felt underappreciated and was quite pissed off. I came to realize that while we all love the Stones, no one here are really friends....We all have our own agendas and alliances.. The C10 thing did present a united front...it was weakened by to many poems and Max's inevitable mellowing. I still hold you in personal high regard for what you did for me, and shall not forget...While there are a couple of the C10's that I could do without, I understand your bond.
[Edited by jb]
01-30-03 10:38 AM
nankerphelge Yes the jabs are all tongue and cheek and no offense intended -- I understand that and have no quarrel with anyone.

But if you cut us, do we not bleed?

If you steal our beloved livestock -- do our hearts not break?

If you pay for surgery to augment our already-hefty penises and the whole operation goes south and they end up shorter and thinner and disfigured and black -- do we not hurt?

Okay, got a bit carried away on the last one....

01-30-03 11:00 AM
telecaster This pics must have been before Billy Preston was nailed
on that insurance/arson scheme.

Who is the guy in the tie?
01-30-03 11:01 AM
luxury1 Poems? the C10 weakened by too many poems? Oh christ, now that is funny!

[Edited by luxury1]
01-30-03 11:25 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
telecaster wrote:
This pics must have been before Billy Preston was nailed
on that insurance/arson scheme.

Who is the guy in the tie?

That guy in the tie is by god in charge around here!

And you all better straighten up!

Voodoo -- This thread shall not be censored!

SS -- Peeing through pubic hairs? My god, man, you can do better than that! Work harder! And I hope yr. son is feeling better today.

C10 -- Perhaps you all need to get ye to the chatroom and have a confab. If a coup has been staged, you need to recoup.

Dande* -- what's your favorite shot? I can't decide between the one where Billy is dipping mick or the one of Mick in the leather corset thingie.

Max -- You play both sides against your middle and you may find yourself drawn and quartered one day.

I will review this thread again and see if there are any questions my powerfulness needs to attend to before we all get on with our lives in the new Rocks Off Order.

Now are you gonna get with the beat or am I gonna have to whip you?

NASTY
01-30-03 11:34 AM
telecaster [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:

That guy in the tie is by god in charge around here!

Great. Which god? There are more gods around here than
100 Greek novels.
01-30-03 11:36 AM
Nasty Habits Haven't you read Dance with the Devil?

Friggin' Bacchus.

Dionysus!

Don't you know where you are?

This is a Stones board.

Pan's the boss.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
01-30-03 11:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl whip us nasty!

01-30-03 11:38 AM
parmeda Nasty....
I have one question for ya hon...

What in the hell did you eat last night?
01-30-03 11:40 AM
Nasty Habits ????????????

Homemade Chicken/Spinach/Feta/Basil/Roma Tomato pizza.

I love how people are so interested in their new leader that they're asking him what food he eats!

01-30-03 11:42 AM
luxury1 aaah--Nasty is so funny--that was too great. Keep it comin', and it was just what this thread needed.
01-30-03 11:43 AM
parmeda Um...no, my sweet.
I was just wondering what might have affected the sudden chemical imbalance your having.

(LOL...)

[Edited by parmeda]
01-30-03 11:44 AM
nankerphelge It was that pharmaceutical plant that exploded down near him yesterday!
01-30-03 11:45 AM
Dandelion*

I think the leather corset shot is the most aesthetically pleasing, but bland. For pure horrorshow - it's the one you sent me, my new signature which I shall torment the C10 with.
01-30-03 11:45 AM
moy nasty, i love the way the "who's on line window" looks, take a look lol
[Edited by moy]
01-30-03 11:47 AM
parmeda MOY!

LMFAO!!!
01-30-03 11:49 AM
Dandelion* I think this background NEEDS to be permanent.
01-30-03 11:50 AM
Nasty Habits It's the power, ladies and gentlemen. The power!

By the way, in one of the first acts of my administration I would like to distance myself from the alleged quote I allegedly alleged at the very beginning of this thread. I had nothing to do with renaming the C "cockdance" nor did I forceably exile Voodoo, although I suppose if the democratic decision has been to keep him out, he stays on the fringes of Cyberia.

But, C10, I love you, and respect you, and I know that the C stands for CareBears.

Nasty!

I wonder how Gazza and Jaxx are going to respond to this sudden shift.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
01-30-03 11:55 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
moy wrote:
nasty, i love the way the "who's on line window" looks, take a look lol
[Edited by moy]

We planned that bar very carefully. It's like Bill Wyman says when he's discussing the censorship of Satisfaction on TV in 1965 -- "When they bleep a word, you always try to figure out what it was. So when they edit Mick on Satisfaction, what word does that put in your head? It ain't 'make', is it?"

The power of suggestion. Who knows what's going on down there?

And right on stage!

I think the whole cockdance thing was a subtle nod to the oral sex act that Ike and Tina did on stage opening for the Stones in '69 during "I've Been Loving You Too Long".

Power. Backed up by knowledge. And solid thought. What a glorious rule(r)!

01-30-03 11:56 AM
throbby Ooh my bare ass and a leather strap. Please good sir, whip me, whip me first.
01-30-03 12:01 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
throbby wrote:
Ooh my bare ass and a leather strap. Please good sir, whip me, whip me first.

Now, see, if you beg for it, you're not going to get it.
01-30-03 12:04 PM
throbby Damn, I knew I was gonna fuck this up!
01-30-03 12:31 PM
Maxlugar "Max -- You play both sides against your middle and you may find
yourself drawn and quartered one day. "

You make Maxy say "Wachoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

01-30-03 12:39 PM
Joey Would Anyone here like a " Hot Dog " ????????????????

Ahhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....................................Joey now laughing so hard he can't breath and is making little squeaking sounds and has his eyes completely closed ................................********************************Oh Oh ***********************BARF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JACKY !
01-30-03 12:40 PM
sirmoonie We survived the Howe scandal, there is no question that we will survive this bizarre little attack from this once promising young poster whose name, sadly, now goes in the Great C10 Book Of Posters We Will Urinate On If Given the Chance. Right below Josh as a matter of fact.
01-30-03 12:43 PM
parmeda
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
????????????

Homemade Chicken/Spinach/Feta/Basil/Roma Tomato pizza.

I love how people are so interested in their new leader that they're asking him what food he eats!

Hey Nank...IT'S THE BASIL!

"The physicians of old were quite unable to agree as to its medicinal value, some declaring that it was a poison, and others a precious simple. Culpepper tells us:
'Galen and Dioscorides hold it is not fitting to be taken inwardly and Chrysippusrails at it. Pliny and the Arabians defend it. Something is the matter, this herb and rue will not grow together, no, nor near one another, and we know rue is as great an enemy to poison as any that grows.' "

LOL...Read on, there's more to explaining Nasty's sudden mood swing!http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/b/basbus17.html

Nasty...Lay off this shit!
01-30-03 12:44 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
"Max -- You play both sides against your middle and you may find
yourself drawn and quartered one day. "

You make Maxy say "Wachoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

You know what I'm talking about.

Don't play dumb with me, Murky.

"He who sendeth the pictures his brothers doth oppose must standeth accountable."

Whizzkid1 Handbook, psalm 36.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST