ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OFFICIAL BOARD CHANGE IN POWER. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
02-01-03 01:04 AM
~AzQb [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:

Damn. Give him an inch . . .

...see what i mean

Should i regret that he did not see fit to appoint me for anything?

~RoTfLmAO~but still SpJrLsS(suffering post joey ramone less stress syndrome. Be thankful if you were vaccinated before 1976.)
02-01-03 01:09 AM
Nasty Habits Gosh, Queenie. I'm the boss. You want to do something? Whatchoo want to do?

1:04 AM on the East Coast and I have wandered into the chatroom.

Nasty.
02-01-03 01:31 AM
~AzQb
NaStY!

...it's "one of those nights", ya know ? ....hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm....

Hell, i'll be Minister of Enforced Cyberbabble Exiles...make sure nobody's back does curl into a truly gruesome eggshape...no one goes blind...no crapal tunnel syndrome...

~RoTfLmAo~!
02-01-03 02:07 AM
Fiji Joe Actually Nasty...I found a little joint called Oklahoma Joe's that kicks ass...Look me up in March...I'll buy

check your pm Nasty
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
02-01-03 08:34 AM
throbby Fiji, The picture at the bottom of your post is quite the dandy. Talk about being worth a thousand words. Thanks.
02-01-03 10:45 AM
Maxlugar Just when I think I have seen the most troubling picture known to man, he put up a better one.

Genius!

MACY!
02-01-03 02:34 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Just when I think I have seen the most troubling picture known to man, he put up a better one.

Yeah, but I liked the first caption (about cockdancing)better.

Fij has been mining gems from the great Tod Browning film "Freaks" for some time now, mostly applying them to piss-taking the C10. It's one of my favorite movies of all time, one which absolutely could NOT be made today (it stars a truckload of actual circus freaks), and I applaud Fiji Joe's sense of humor and decorum.

Gooba Gabba, Gooba Gabba, we accept you, one of US!
02-01-03 03:09 PM
Fiji Joe Genius Maxy? Nahh, the freaks do all the work...I just have to make sure to keep em' stocked with Marlboro Reds and Pabst Blue Ribbon
02-01-03 09:48 PM
Maxlugar Never sell yourself short Fiji!

Don't give those Gimps the credit you truly deserve.

Oh sure, they are the "T&A" of the picture.

But you brought them out to dance.

You know, it's the whole "If a freak falls in the woods but no one can see the freak, was there a freak?" Question.

MACKY!!
02-01-03 10:53 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

You know, it's the whole "If a freak falls in the woods but no one can see the freak, was there a freak?" Question.

thanx max - i thought it might have been the other question, you know, "what is the sound of one freak clapping?"
02-01-03 11:28 PM
throbby You know, when I first laid my eyes upon Fiji's photo I couldn't help but think of Telly Savalas and the scene from the Dirty Dozen where he's upstairs in the Nazi command center roaming the hallways looking for naughty things to do.
[Edited by throbby]
[Edited by throbby]
02-02-03 05:56 AM
luxury1 "Freaks"--ahh yes. That was a film I watched over and over. Ever since I was a little kid hanging out in the freak show circus tent, my curiosity has never been sated. Damn, Flipper Man, and Princess Anne, the World's Tiniest Woman, knew me by name. I really did supply matches to Flipper Man--lighting a cigarette with his little flipper hands that were attached directly to his shoulders was part of his act. I was too young to purchase ciggies, so I merely stole the matches from my chimney-smoking mother. Yeah, those were the days. I still get Christmas cards from some of them (the bearded lady always had "a thing" for me). Thank you Fiji, I have always enjoyed the photos.--the memories.
02-02-03 07:27 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Yeah, those were the days. I still get Christmas cards from some of them (the bearded lady always had "a thing" for me).

well lux, based on the evidence before me, i'd be surprised to hear that any sentient being didn't have "a thing" for you!! (imho) (wry smiley face winking)

yes, those were the days...
02-02-03 10:44 AM
Maxlugar How can I, Maxy, see this film you speak of: Freaks?

I like freaks a lot.

FREAKS!

M!
02-02-03 11:42 AM
Nasty Habits Maxy can either buy himself a DVD upon its impending release or purchase an old-time video tape for somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 bucks. He can also haunt his local "cool" video outlet - most any vid store vaguely pretending to cater to weirdos or intelligencia should have a copy of Freaks.

The movie was directed by Todd Browning in the early 30s. Browning was a former son of the circus himself, and his movies often had circus themes. He did lots of silent movies with Lon Chaney. One of them, the Unknown, is one of the most indescribeable, sickest movies ever made.

He's best known for making the Lugosi version of Dracula, but Freaks is his most notorious picture, and probably his best, next to the Unknown. Freaks pretty much destroyed his career and set Universal Studios monster productions back years -- it really upset audiences and it was banned for decades. It really is quite the picture, though, and walks the line (onscreen) between affection and exploitation like a tightrope (offscreen apparently things were different and the freaks weren't treated so good, but that's a matter for historians, not film watchers).

You know when the Ramones say "Gabba Gabba We Accept You We Accept You One of Us?" in "Pinhead"? They're speaking the language of Freaks.

I still want to know where I can get a Dirty Work jacket! Have you gotten it for me yet, my minions?

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
02-02-03 01:04 PM
throbby My liege, thou hast retuned. To acquire the Dirty Work vestment seek ye the one known as Joey. He is known amongst the sages as "he who hears all things". If ye would seek his favour laden your bags with that which is known as blow.
02-02-03 01:46 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
throbby wrote:
To acquire the Dirty Work vestment seek ye the one known as Joey. He is known amongst the sages as "he who hears all things". If ye would seek his favour laden your bags with that which is known as blow.

If Joey posseses knowledge of the secret location of that raiment, I should prefer to take his information by force, rather than persuasion. Too long has the Hag-Man shown no understanding or respect of the very article of faith that jacket seeks to promote. If he has spirited it away somewhere, it can be for no good purpose, and as surely as the sea refuses no river, I shall reclaim it from his tarnished hands.

Forward into battle then, shouting our war cry: "I'm the truck! I'm the suicide!"

It's all for the greater glory.

02-03-03 07:39 AM
Maxlugar Joey owning a Dirty Work jacket would be like James Carville being in charge of the Reagan library.

It just wouldn't be right.

MAXY!
02-03-03 10:23 AM
Nasty Habits "Some people claim Nasty Habits is preparing for war simply for the Dirty Work jacket, but the simple fact is that Joey and his ChibaClones have been gaining too much power for too long and are simply a threat to each and every member of the Rocks Off community. . ."

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST