ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OFFICIAL BOARD CHANGE IN POWER. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
01-31-03 02:36 PM
jb Max..I let you know when i see ya at walters....Whack@!!!!
01-31-03 02:40 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Are you kidding me???

$50 bucks!

Don't you try to low ball ME!

I know you Southern tricksters and how they treat us Yankees!

I'll get more info for you over the weekend. Surely they are worth a FORTUNE!

Maxlugar and his Deaftones!

Excuse me for trying to give you practical, real time information!

Please give me a few minutes and I'll tell you what Goldmine thinks of your records so you can have an inflated sense of their worth and drool over the "collectibility" of your "score".

I am quite sure that we can sell them for BILLIONS, Max! I am quite sure we can fund an AOL/TIME WARNER recovery with Dick Dale LPs!

Together, with this wax, we can save the whole world!

Hey Josh! Way to go, man! You on the 500 K path for the year? WOW!

Once Max and I sell his Dick Dale LPs you're going to be eating our financial dust!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
01-31-03 02:49 PM
jb Thanks Nasty...that's my goal!!! Last year fell about 100k short...but if things go as planned, I am going to break 500k....We just looked at a new home at Mizner country club(only 15k equity payment, 2200 a year social, and b/t 300-500 a month maintenance). At 40, I finally feel like I'm making it...I'm sick of my rich Boca neighbors , all of whom inherited their millions, snubbing their noses at me...If things really work out well, I shall also be purchasing a 2003 Mercedes C55 AMG package...what a fucking car!!!! But in all candor, money is really not that important to me..I'm a people person.
01-31-03 03:01 PM
Nasty Habits I know you are JB, I know it.

May I just say that I was very impressed with your handling of that bizarre thread about SDH's offensive posting over at Gasland? I read that today and thought you were a model of restraint and arbitration.

We at Nasty Habits' Rocks Off™ are glad you're on the team!

01-31-03 03:15 PM
jb Most of what I post is meant to be amusing.(unfortunately, it took a long time for many to get it, and some still don't)...
..the political stuff is the only area that seems to bring the worst out of everyone.....including myself...I just didn't like the idea of someone threatening to report someone to the F.B.I. over some ridiculous post.
01-31-03 03:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Most of what I post is meant to be amusing.(unfortunately, it took a long time for many to get it, and some still don't)...
..the political stuff is the only area that seems to bring the worst out of everyone.....including myself...I just didn't like the idea of someone threatening to report someone to the F.B.I. over some ridiculous post.

Yah! That was weird! I mean, sure, the guy said something terribly offensive... but it's called free speech. The FBI'll laugh in the face of whoever threatened to 'turn in' our probably-drunken companion SDH.

-tSYX --- Think I'm gonna get on down, aww yeah...
01-31-03 03:36 PM
jb TSXY...I do appreciate the fact we are getting along now...nothing was ever meant to be personal....the Beatles , while not my cup of tea, are obvioulsy very appealing too many ....I think we can simply agree to disagree.....Peace.......
01-31-03 03:57 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
TSXY...I do appreciate the fact we are getting along now...nothing was ever meant to be personal....the Beatles , while not my cup of tea, are obvioulsy very appealing too many ....I think we can simply agree to disagree.....Peace.......

Yeah! How 'bout that! I'm sure the other regulars must think it's a sign of the apocalypse or something.

-tSYX --- Tiaaaahhiaaaiiahhhimmmme waits for no one...
01-31-03 04:43 PM
Joey TSXY...I do appreciate the fact we are getting along now...nothing was ever meant to be personal....the Beatles , while not my cup of tea, are obvioulsy very appealing too many ....I think we can simply agree to disagree.....Peace......."

I , for one , preferred it when you fought with everyone .............your recent " Pet-Like " demeanor with everyone has me plussed .

...........and you know how dangerous THAT can be !

laughter + applause + Ed McMahon chortling in background + Your young Joey saying to the crowd , " Thank You !!!! " " I Thank You !!!!!!! " " Whoopie !!!!!!! " " Yeah ! "

{{{{{{{{{{ JOEY CARSON }}}}}}}}}}}}
01-31-03 04:46 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
I just didn't like the idea of someone threatening to report someone to the F.B.I. over some ridiculous post.

you can't be serious!!

i missed that one - what thread was that on??
01-31-03 06:19 PM
Nasty Habits SIA -- it was over at gasland, started on the 29th. It starts with the phrase "A Very Serious Comment About SDH" and descends from there --> quite interesting thread, and JB comes on at the end, and instead of inciting further anger he actually seems to diffuse the situation. I was impressed.

01-31-03 06:30 PM
stonedinaustralia thanx nasty

btw/ sorry to be slow in responding to your last mail - i wrote up quite a bit as soon as i got your last but then haven't been back to it since

and i will get those discs over to you as promised

also am actively on the lookout for vinyl "axeman's jazz"
01-31-03 06:32 PM
stonedinaustralia oh yeah nasty, btw - congrats on your ascension to power -
01-31-03 06:42 PM
Nasty Habits Thank you thank you. I am trying to keep a level head about it all. Here's what I don't understand, though: If Voodoo was deposed because he helped Dande* post those pics of Billy and Mick, and if I was the one that sent her the "worst" one, then how is it that I was chosen to replace the trinity?

Politics. Even though I am now intimately involved, I still don't understand it.
01-31-03 06:48 PM
sirmoonie Neither do I. Nasty, are you really in charge now? I mean like really really? You?

Dude, did you ever find and spin I Wanna Get Next to You by Rose Royce. It may be the finest 70s R&B tune of all time. Yes, it may just be. It is just........goooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvviiiieeeeee.....
01-31-03 07:08 PM
Nasty Habits Well sirmoonie -- If a group of people in a chatroom making VoodooChile giggle up his chiba so hard that he says "OK, Nasty Habits is in charge! I am Exiled and Unholy!" means that I am in charge, then I guess I am.

Notice how I have been strutting around this thread like an ass for two days, and no one has shot me down yet.

That means I'm in charge.

As far as that song goes . . .

Waitasec. . . .

Not in stock.

Damn.

01-31-03 07:11 PM
throbby As befitting the task at hand

And to protect you from the slings and arrows I give you the official Dirty Work protection

[Edited by throbby]
01-31-03 09:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Asheville cancelled?!?!

WHY?

Was anyone really fighting on this thread?

I have found that the best thing about internet message boards is that other posters can't see you laughing maniacly when you type in your babble. It's quite the thing to remember. You can make people dance on a string!

Did Maxy really say "Frig the C10"? He must be on some kind of prescription pain meds.

So I get to be in charge of the Nasty Army hmmmmmmmmm. OK. I'm in.

So for my first set of orders I promote the following to positions in the Rocks Off Army Council of Stonesian Security.

Riffhard to Minister of Airwaves
Nankerphelge to Minister of Smokable Intoxicants
Maxlugar to Minister of Stonesia
sirmoonie to Minister of Da Funk
Marko The Crazy Bastard to Minister of Bootlegs
Joey to Minister of Livestock
FPM to Minister of Musicianship and Arcane Trivia.
Maxmeister to Minister of Nachos & Salsa
Scope to Minister of Minty Freshness
SDH to Minister of Torpedo Tits and Jaggbonics
2000 Man to Minister of Brewing & Grilling
Voodoo Chile to Minister of Tequila
Gazza to Minister of Golf
Luxy to Minister of Taking Dicktation and Leather Pants
Dandelion to Minister of Outting & Spotting Loonies
Jaxx to Minister of Mountains and Parties

Nasty Habits, you have our swords....

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
01-31-03 09:46 PM
~AzQb

...RoCkSOfFeRs!

...what has happened here since i've taken a 'lil leave?

Someone ! Please! "Condense" all this somehow!

Alas, i am completely in the black of a moonless night!

C10 slandering? what? Sirmoonie! SirStonesalot! Maxlugar! Dande*! RiFfErBoY! what the fuck has been going ON around here?

~RoTfLmAo
01-31-03 10:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Uhhhhh....nuthin'.

Nuthin' at all goin' on here.

You know, same ol' same ol'.
01-31-03 10:40 PM
Maxlugar Nothing at all Annie

But I'll tell you this:

When I cash in my Dick Dale records I'm out of here.

No more posting with the "Little People".

Hell no. I'll be over at the Trump message board. Or the Astor Board.

I'm too rich to be nice.

Nasty, they are on Capital Records and are mono except for the one called Speed Way.

I'll get all the info and start a new thread.

I'm RICH!
01-31-03 10:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Laugh track with confetti and applauses LOLOLOLOLOL

Good one
01-31-03 10:50 PM
throbby Didn't the Stones open for Dick Dale and his Deltones in '75? I've also heard that Dick turned Mick and Keith on to acid, and was himself the inspiration behind Satanic Majesties.
01-31-03 10:53 PM
~AzQb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I think this is a good time to admit that I've hated everyone here for a long time.

Any friendship you may think I've had with any of you was a complete act.

WHOA!

MACKY!

MaXYB!

That's it! No Casa de Maxy this year! And to think i actually believed our friendship was real

~RoTfLmAo~!
01-31-03 11:09 PM
Fiji Joe Dang...what the hell did I miss? Is this for real? Voodoo gone? For what and why? I am puzzled...
01-31-03 11:13 PM
~AzQb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Uhhhhh....nuthin'.

Nuthin' at all goin' on here.

You know, same ol' same ol'.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....my honourable knight got into a lil joust and i missed it! This is simply unrighteously unjust

Handle change crossing me befuddled brain: "YesterdaysPapers"

~RoTfLmAo~!

p/s SS'y! They ran "Rock n Roll High School" yesterday on some channel and i thought of you, Strummer, and that sweet lil Jewish boy from Queens...and the notorious "punk" thread.

And then i realised that film was a "PG" rating, which i never noticed before.

And then i got pretty stumbly.

01-31-03 11:26 PM
Fiji Joe And I'm starting my own elitist group..."The Fiji Fan Club" and you can all meet me in Kansas City and we can all enjoy some blues and barbecue and we can all sit around and talk about how we're gonna live the rest of lives without saccharin and there ain't gonna be no cockdancing unless it's with members of the opposite sex and before you leave, Fiji will sign your shirt with a permanent marker and provide you an 8 X 10 glossy photograph of me when I went to Disneyworld...

And in 4 to 6 weeks you will receive a bumper sticker that reads..."Kiss my ass! I'm with Fiji"

Now, who wants to RSVP?

02-01-03 12:25 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

p/s SS'y! They ran "Rock n Roll High School" yesterday on some channel and i thought of you, Strummer, and that sweet lil Jewish boy from Queens...and the notorious "punk" thread.

And then i realised that film was a "PG" rating, which i never noticed before.

And then i got pretty stumbly

Do you know what station that was?! Do you, ~BQ!?!

IT was friggin HBO's "Family Channel" offshoot! Where they show Harry Potter and The Happy Ducks Go To New York and shit like that! And there it was, in all its rat exploding, blitzkrieg bopping, Sticky Fingers cover burning, Riff Randling, Johnny saying "Give My Regards to Vince"-ing, Dee Dee to zonked out to say his linesing, female masturbation fantasy about finding the Ramones in your shower having, Rock-O-Meter misordering, Paul Bartel stripping, Mary Waronov making Nasty have very rare dom/sub fantasy inspiring, MC5ing, Velvet Undergrounding, cats and dogs in Idaho raining, body searching, PJ Soles songwriting, fake excuse for cutting class exposing, contest winning, nun attending glory.

I sincerely hope that that was somebody's idea of a joke. I only wish they would run it at 4 o'clock some shiny post-school afternoon so more children can watch the happy movie and turn into total freaks.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
02-01-03 12:28 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Asheville cancelled?!?!

WHY?

Was anyone really fighting on this thread?

I have found that the best thing about internet message boards is that other posters can't see you laughing maniacly when you type in your babble. It's quite the thing to remember. You can make people dance on a string!

Did Maxy really say "Frig the C10"? He must be on some kind of prescription pain meds.

So I get to be in charge of the Nasty Army hmmmmmmmmm. OK. I'm in.

So for my first set of orders I promote the following to positions in the Rocks Off Army Council of Stonesian Security.

Riffhard to Minister of Airwaves
Nankerphelge to Minister of Smokable Intoxicants
Maxlugar to Minister of Stonesia
sirmoonie to Minister of Da Funk
Marko The Crazy Bastard to Minister of Bootlegs
Joey to Minister of Livestock
FPM to Minister of Musicianship and Arcane Trivia.
Maxmeister to Minister of Nachos & Salsa
Scope to Minister of Minty Freshness
SDH to Minister of Torpedo Tits and Jaggbonics
2000 Man to Minister of Brewing & Grilling
Voodoo Chile to Minister of Tequila
Gazza to Minister of Golf
Luxy to Minister of Taking Dicktation and Leather Pants
Dandelion to Minister of Outting & Spotting Loonies
Jaxx to Minister of Mountains and Parties

Nasty Habits, you have our swords....

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

Damn. Give him an inch . . .

The first thing I want you guys to go do is get me that Dirty Work jacket.

02-01-03 12:29 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
And I'm starting my own elitist group..."The Fiji Fan Club" and you can all meet me in Kansas City and we can all enjoy some barbecue

Bryants' or Gates'?

I'm there, man. I'll probably be back in KC for a week or two in March.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST