ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Goin' South routine... Salón 21, México D.F. August 31, 2001
By Juan Trujillo

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: EUROPEAN TOUR DATES!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-02-02 09:07 PM
Gazza >And i can't wait to see if they do announce one later on,i can't take that chance so I will have to go for tics in London. I think it is shit that they are only playing in one city in a country of 60 million people, very shit indeed.

going by those ticket prices,I have serious doubts there'll be any UK shows outside London.. can you see anyone in Scotland or the north of England paying £125 to sit in good seats in a stadium? I can't. I actually think they wont sell those seats in Twickenham either, but the more affluent south is the ONLY place there'll be ANY kind of a market for those seats
12-02-02 09:23 PM
Scot Rocks Yeah, after examining the dates and after what you have said about the prices, I think you are right. I can't believe they are charging £125 for a close seat in a stadium, they are gonna take some stick from this, but hell i will go, however I donno if all my mates will be coming with me though like we planned. The cost will be quite a lot if we have to stay in London for a few days, with transport as well, however it will be great, I know it will, I have been dreaming about seeing the Stones for the last few years, my bank won't like it but I'll be there!!!! So c ya all in London!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Mark

12-02-02 09:28 PM
Scot Rocks
Btw here is the seating chart for the Wembley arena gig for everyone that scored a ticket for it.

Mark
12-02-02 09:39 PM
Honky Tonk Man Well Mark, its going to be a pleasure to meet you! Having problems with Ticketbastard.co.uk at the moment!

aLEX
12-02-02 09:45 PM
Scot Rocks Yeah, that would be cool Alex, good luck with ticketbastard. Im off to bed got an essay due for friday that i need to do in the next few days so i am ready at the keyboard on Friday morning.

Bona Sera

Ciao

Mark
12-02-02 10:39 PM
Angiegirl How much did you all pay for the Astoria ticket? There's no info about Dutch ticket prizes anywhere to be found yet... Hoping tomorrow the 3rd will be the day for the Dutch pre-sales. Just wondering if it will start at 10/11 pm too...Have to get out tomorrow afternoon, what if it starts in the afternoon!! There should be a standard starting time in local time known for each pre-sale, even if the date is kept secret till the start of the pre-sales. I mean, the email from November said 9 am, right? And it turned out to be something like 10pm UK time! Even if that 9am thing is in say Californian time, that should be 5pm UK time, so they were still more than 5 hours late, right?

I think they can put me in the mental ward next week...Especially if I don't get my Vredenburg club tix meaning I drained 95 euros down the drain!!
12-03-02 01:25 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hi Angie,

I paid 35 GBP for Astoria...
Nu Vredenburg nog...
12-03-02 02:03 AM
Moonisup I think I'll get a nervous breakdown

could not get a good sleep
gotta go to work in a sec pfffffffffff man o man, the stones wear you out
12-03-02 02:17 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Ow now I understand why prices for the London shows are so high...these are SEATED shows
12-03-02 02:49 AM
parmeda Hey Mark...it's been a while. How are you?

What's the story with the Wembley seating chart you posted...you guys won't be treated to a cat-walk...a B-Stage? That's 1/2 the fun if you're on the main floor.

If that's a true chart, that's too bad.

Pam
12-03-02 03:47 AM
BillyBoll Its good to see that a few others also got Astoria tickets.

Hopefully see some of you there. The problem is going to be waiting for 8 months!!
12-03-02 05:23 AM
Angiegirl Dutch ticket prizes:

11/8: Feyenoord stadion Rotterdam. (max 10 tickets per klant)
Staanplaatsen: 66 euro, zitplaatsen 86 - 56 euro. (excl servicekosten)
15/8: Ahoy' Rotterdam. (max 4 tickets per klant)
Staanplaatsen:116 euro, zitplaatsen 126 - 66 euro (excl servicekosten)
16/8: Vredenburg Utrecht.(max 2 tickets per klant)
Vrije plaatskeuze zit/staan: 51 euro (excl servicekosten)
12-03-02 06:20 AM
Honky Tonk Man I was trying all night to get tickets for Wembley Arena, but the connection kept timeing out! When i get through this morning there are only two lots of tickets available. A good set of seats at £150 each and some awful seats for £85 each. Right at the back!

£85 is how much im looking t pay for my seats, but i think i may just wait untill Friday to battle it out with everyone else. I know a couple of my freinds wanted to see the Stones, but i dont think they would be to happy buy what available.

Also, just maybe i will be able to get tickets for Astoria on Friday. You never know!

Alex
12-03-02 06:46 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well, ive just purchased two tickets. We are section....

SECTION BLK D4, ROW 4, SEATS 41 TO 40

At first i was think these will be awful seats, but i forgot about the b stage! We wont be to far away from it here. And besides, these are not the CHEAPEST seats, so they shouldnt be THAT bad!

LOL, im just so happy ive got Stones tickets!

Alex
12-03-02 06:49 AM
Angiegirl Good for you Alex! I'm anxious for tonight (I hope), for the Dutch Vredenburg club gig: 51 euros 'only', cheapest of all countries so far!!!
12-03-02 08:13 AM
Scot Rocks Well done Alex, I am really worried about the general sale on firday, hopefully I can get tics for wembley before they are all gone.

Hi, Pam how are you, yeah the last few weeks have been hell for me, uni work is killing me, got deadlines to meet for essays and working at a call centre at night at the same time so it has been pretty hard, combining both. However just another 2 weeks of heavy work and it's over and hopefully by then I will have tics for the Stones to look forward too.

ciao

Mark
12-03-02 09:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man Just go for it Mark!

Make sure you are on the Ticketbastard site at 9am for when the go on sale. You SHOULD get tickets for Wembley Arena. I think they will take a couple of days to sell out.

Have you thought about Twikenham? I know its only a Stadium Show, but you can bet its going to a be a great show. As everyone here says "No one puts on a spectacle like the Stones"

Im just going to try my hardest to get a ticket(s) for the Astoria Show. Though im sure they will be gone within half an hour!

Twikenham im not decided on. I have a feeling its going to be a nightmare to get too!

Alex
12-03-02 09:49 AM
sirmoonie Mick lives in Twickenham doesn't he? Betchoo' ass he's gonna give a piledriving show for his own neighbors.

Alex or anyone, do you have the link for Ticketbastard UK? I can't find it for some reason.

Also, is Bastard better than Master for getting UK tix?

Tx in advance.

trimoonie
[Edited by sirmoonie]
12-03-02 10:02 AM
Angiegirl Uhm, I think Ticketbastard is the angry-fan-nickname of Ticketmaster, Sirmoonie.
Right HTM???? Or is it really a different one?

[Edited by Angiegirl]
12-03-02 10:05 AM
Scot Rocks Btw is it true for Twickenham that it will be all seated?

Hopefully not, much better if it's general standing.

Mark
12-03-02 10:06 AM
sirmoonie What a joke! I just got my UK pre-sale notification e-mail 5 minutes ago! Way to go Fan Club, please let me know when its time to close the barn door too!

Thanks again TT for the heads up! I would never have thought to go checking before receiving the e-mail.

Big lesson there Euro-show-goers! Don't wait for the fucking delinquent e-mail! If you want those club/theater tix, check Fan Club as often as you can starting NOW, and then hope for the best.

Good luck.
12-03-02 10:19 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Uhm, I think Ticketbastard is the angry-fan-nickname of Ticketmaster, Sirmoonie.

Really? Man, I'm a dope. Isn't there another ticket outlet though?

I like these better:

Tickdick

Ticketfigget

TicketIslamblows

IgotchoTicketrightheremuthafuckah

Ticketthisbud

ChibaTicket
12-03-02 10:22 AM
Angiegirl I know! I heard people about it this morning, but I haven't got that email at all!!! Not even 5 minutes ago, never!
I emailed them about it, but, no surprise, didn't hear anything back yet and it's 10.30 am in NYC, so they could have done something...

I hate them. Except when I get my tix ( ).
12-03-02 10:27 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I like these better:

Tickdick
Ticketfigget
TicketIslamblows
IgotchoTicketrightheremuthafuckah
Ticketthisbud
ChibaTicket

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!!!!!
Tickettrick
Ticket-we'll-rip-you-off-for-sure-don't-you-worry
Ticketscam
It's-all-about-the-money-Tickets
Disappointment Guaranteed Inc.

O man, I'm getting crazy. Right NOW ticket giveaway for the Ahoy show in Holland on radio 3FM, they have a caller, he has to sing a Stones hit! Gonna listen to him, how he sings!
12-03-02 10:31 AM
Angiegirl He had to sing Anybody seen my baby and the guy was flawless!!!! Jeez! Two free tix, he saved himself 240 euros/dollars!!! Now they play the song. This is fun.
12-03-02 11:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man LOL, Sirmoonie, Ticketbastard is just my little nickname (and a few others) for Ticketmaster!

Astoria is still saying "More Info" for the Astoria Show. Guess it has completley sold out as a pre-sale.

Anyway, its too late for me. Ive used my pre-sale on tickets for Wembley Arena. I suppose i could of hanged around waiting in vain to see if the Astoria came back up, but i just wanted tickets!

Truth is, as much as id LOVE to be at that Theatre Show, im not that bothered. Ive seen a Stadium Show, got tickets for an Arena. Thats enough for me

Or is it?

Might just bring a few hundred up to Astoria and buy a ticket off a scalper. Id be prepeard to do that

Alex
12-03-02 01:07 PM
jb I am very sorry Gazza..hopefully, you will be able to make atleast 2 shows.
12-03-02 06:27 PM
Gazza what are you talking about?
12-03-02 09:12 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
what are you talking about?

We rarely know...

It's so nice to see all you Europeans scrambling for tickets like we were... the madcap mayhem, the nail-biting... and then the joyous jubilation as you get the tickets.

I literally wasn't sure I was gonna get to the Fleet until 4 pm that day, when I called my father, he told me that after much running around, he'd bought a pair at face from a hotel, and I hopped the next train into the city.

Nice work on the Astoria, Gazza! Hope you European folk let the bootlegs flow... you guys do seem to get quite a few memorable shows.

Good for you too, Angiegirl, on Utrecht! I didn't get there when I was in the Low Countries this summer... where is it? What's the Vredenburg like?

For the rest of ya, pre-sale success or not, good luck! Keep our Stones a-Rollin'!

-tSYX --- Star fahker star fahker star fahker star yes ya are, yes ya are!
12-03-02 11:06 PM
TomL Gary get me tix? Love ya brother. It's that time of year again. Write me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5