ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Goin' South routine... Salón 21, México D.F. August 31, 2001
By Juan Trujillo

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: EUROPEAN TOUR DATES!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-01-02 06:13 PM
Gazza THE first few multiple night dates have just been confirmed:

june 4 Munich - Olympiahalle
6 " Olympic stadium
8 " Circus krone
July 7 Paris - Bercy
9 " Stade de France
10 " Olympia
18 Stockholm - Stadium
20 " Globen
22 " Zirkus
August 11 Rotterdam - Feyenoord stadium
15 Rotterdam - Ahoy
16 Utrecht - Vrednburg
23 - London - Twickenham Rugby Stadium!
27 London - Astoria
29 London - Wembley Arena

12-01-02 06:18 PM
Gazza according to "Shattered" website, the on-sale dates are:

UK - 6/12/02
Holland - 7/12/02
Sweden - 9/12/02
France - 11/12/02

dont know about munich and I'd imagine these are the "public sale" dates..

12-01-02 06:23 PM
RubyFriday Is Ahoy / Rotterdam a club show ?
12-01-02 06:25 PM
Gazza Ahoy is an arena - not a huge one though..I think it maybe holds about 8,000?

** just checked - apparently it holds about 11,000 **
[Edited by Gazza]
12-01-02 06:27 PM
RubyFriday thanks
12-01-02 06:33 PM
montana hey rubyfriday! are you going to holland??
BTW it's lour, LOL

12-01-02 06:38 PM
RubyFriday hi Lour

I don´t know.It´s all so complicated to plan ,especially cause I still have no confirmation from the fan club.Another problem is that you only can order tix from 1 venue.Maybe I order 2 tix for munich - circus and try to exchange 1 for Amsterdam ? Here in germany the other concerts are probably all field shows.Which are yyou planning ?
12-01-02 06:45 PM
montana Well as you said it's difficult to planning. I have some exams at the end of june and I think i will miss some of them..and i will need to know where they are...but beside that I would like to go to spanish show ( i think now there are only 2 shows, stadium) and holland, a club (if i could get tix through the club, and a stadium or arena, i would prefer an arena, but we'll see.
cheers, lour
12-01-02 06:53 PM
RubyFriday Yes,you should order 2 club tix,stadium tix you can get all the time,I often got tix under value at the stadiums.
Munich - Circus Krone isn´t bad either -The Beatles played there 1966.
Do you think that the "tickets only from one venue " thing from RS.com means that you can only order the arena/stadium tickets from the same city as the theatre ones?
12-01-02 06:57 PM
Gazza >Do you think that the "tickets only from one venue " thing from RS.com means that you can only order the arena/stadium tickets from the same city as the theatre ones?

it means you can only get pre-sale tickets from ONE show
12-01-02 07:01 PM
RubyFriday I thought you can get 4 stadium and/or arena tix and 2 theatres.
But what could you expect from such an organisation...

ty again,Gazza
12-01-02 07:10 PM
Gazza yes...a maximum of 4 arena/stadium tickets or two for a theatre show..but you can only get pre-sale tickets for ONE show,regardless of the size...and I'm sure you cant for example get 2 tickets for one show and then use your other two for another if thats what you mean..thatd be TOO complicated for those idiots
12-01-02 08:12 PM
Scot Rocks Thanks for the info, I will be ready on Friday to do battle!!!!!

btw is it definate that more venues in the UK will be announced? Just from everyones experience, just in case we get venues announced for the north later on.

Grazie

Mark
12-01-02 08:26 PM
Gazza plenty of room there in that London run for at least two more shows, but I'd guess any extras will be Wembley arena and would go on sale once that show on 29/8 sells out (the arena only holds about 10,000 so it'll go very fast)

Twickenham is on a Saturday...the Wembley date is a friday.. if theres any extra stadium shows in the UK,the realistic date would be Sunday the 31st as I doubt they'd play one on the 30th if theres an arena show the day before

Unless of course theres one much earlier in the tour which I doubt

Im very surprised they got Twickenham. the RFU wouldnt even lend the place to the FA when Wembley was knocked down and I dont think its EVER been used for a concert before.

Someone on the IORR 'tell me' page posted the other day he'd heard they were playing the Astoria and twickenham.. good call...he also said he'd heard ticket prices would be £30 for twickenham for the parts away from the stage but £125 for the golden circle area between the two stages.

Sincerely hope he's wrong...they'll get get the worst press of their career if thats accurate and those seats WONT sell
12-01-02 08:30 PM
Scot Rocks Thanks Gazza, yeah I read that too on IORR, I can imagine the headlines already...let's hope that part of his info. is inaccurate.

Cheers

Mark
12-01-02 09:19 PM
Honky Tonk Man I take it tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster?

I suppose the Astoria show wont. That will be a complete nightmare!

Alex
12-01-02 11:00 PM
Angiegirl Going mad... so nervous... AAAAAAARRGGH!!!!
Wanna know who's selling what, ticket firms, post offices, RS.com, etc. Wanna know what I must do to get a chance at a club ticket like Vredenburg in Holland. Even the Ahoy will be tricky. I mean, a stdium show of say 50,000 people sells out within 30 minutes easily usual, so imagine 10,000 or 2,000 seat venues.... Don't think I will be able to sleep or eat much this week. Keep telling myself that I must be convinced that I won't get a club ticket so the devastation will be less severe if I actually don't get it, but...you know how it works.

And they predict -1 degrees Celsius for Friday night. My mom asked me if I still had my thermo-socks The time I had in mind of being at the post office next week keeps creeping back. Each day I think it must be earlier. Currently it's midnight (0.00 am) but I think it will be in the evening maybe. The sale starts at 10.00 am, so maybe I will be there waiting in the cold for 10 hours. Who says being a fan is a fantasy and a luxury, huh?

I must say that it's less of a comfort to know I am not the only one getting nervous this week, as you people are my enemies this week!!! LOL
12-02-02 12:59 AM
Bluzian Thanks Gazza!! You rock brother!

I know it seems like such a long time away, but really,
in essence, it's not! I'll be (once again) making the trek
over to England in August to catch them. It's becoming a
ritual!

Cheers mate!
Ian
12-02-02 01:37 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Going mad... so nervous... AAAAAAARRGGH!!!!

The sale starts at 10.00 am,

Glad to hear I'm not the only fool....
Sale in Holland starts at 09:00 for these kind of events!
12-02-02 02:15 AM
Angiegirl Thankx, that saves me an hour of biting my nails...
12-02-02 02:42 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Thankx, that saves me an hour of biting my nails...

Well, you won't have any nails left after 10 hours of waiting...;-)
12-02-02 02:46 AM
L&A Nothing for Belgium ? They were announced in Brussels the 10th of August...
12-02-02 03:14 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Does anyone have any clue on how and when tickets will be sold for the European shows??
12-02-02 04:17 AM
montana TWO UK SHOWS ON SALE!!

in TICKETMASTER.CO.UK: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/cgi/asp_events/searchresults.asp?criteria=event&searchstring=rolling+stones

Twickenham Stadium & Wembley Arena

Internet onsale: Mon. 2nd december at 9:00 am

PS: ONLY FOR FAN CLUB MEMBER
12-02-02 05:20 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Thanks Montana. It says 'On Sale' to members...from 9AM Monday....but when you get in..."not on sale yet"! America all over again!!
12-02-02 05:25 AM
montana you're very welcome! beside that you have told...member can't buy tix cos there's no info in rs.com

Lour
12-02-02 07:20 AM
stonealone Visit http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/fr/resultat.asp?recherche=mots&mots=rolling%2Bstones for french concerts.
12-02-02 07:30 AM
Private Godfrey Gazza Wrote this...Someone on the IORR 'tell me' page posted the other day he'd heard they were playing the Astoria and twickenham.. good call...he also said he'd heard ticket prices would be £30 for twickenham for the parts away from the stage but £125 for the golden circle area between the two stages.

Sincerely hope he's wrong...they'll get get the worst press of their career if thats accurate and those seats WONT sell

Ticket master quote these prices too !!! The English press and public will lay into them big time
12-02-02 09:48 AM
MarthaMyDear From: http://www.dotmusic.com/news/December2002/news27471.asp?rf=email

MON 2 DEC 2002 10:45

ROLLING STONES TAKE EUROPE

The Rolling Stones have unveiled the European leg of thei mammoth 'Licks' World Tour which will see them travel through 22 major cities through June, July and August 2003.

The dates include a gig at the relatively tiny London venue, The Astoria.

The rock behemoths will follow the format established on earlier US dates where they have been playing as many as three different shows in some cities, each with a different set list and three very different venues.

15 shows in the UK, Germany, Holland, Sweden and France have been confirmed whilst a multitude of other destinations including Denmark, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Italy, Yugoslavia and Spain have been named but are still awaiting dates.

Tickets for the confirmed UK shows will go on sale on December 6, for Holland on December 7, Sweden on December 9 and France on December 11.

Dates so far are as follows:

June
4 Olympiahalle - Munich, Germany
6 Olympic Stadium - Munich, Germany
8 Cirkus Kroner - Munich, Germany

July
7 Bercy - Paris, France
9 Stade De France - Paris, France
11 Olympia - Paris, France

8 Stockholm Stadion - Stockholm, Sweden
20 Globen - Stockholm, Sweden
22 Cirkus - Stockholm, Sweden

August
11 Feyenoord Stadium - Rotterdam, Holland
15 Ahoy Arena - Rotterdam, Holland
16 Vredenburg - Utrecht, Holland

23 Twickenham Stadium - London, UK
27 Astoria - London, UK
29 Wembley Arena - London, UK
12-02-02 01:08 PM
BillyBoll The dates are currently going up on the RSFC site but they are saying that

"The RSFC is currently not offering ticket codes for the show you have selected. If you join our newsletter, we will keep you up to date on this venue and notify you once it goes on sale."

I think I can remember our American friends being equally frustrated but it would be good to know what the fuck the timetable for this is!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5