ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Goin' South routine... Salón 21, México D.F. August 31, 2001
By Juan Trujillo

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: EUROPEAN TOUR DATES!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-04-02 12:31 AM
Bluzian Ok.. Can someone with accurate information PLEASE parlay to
me exactly how & when tix go on sale for the UK shows??

I am in Toronto, and never really had difficulty before in
getting tix, but from reading all of your posts, it seems
that it is going to be a fucking nightmare!!!

So UK shows go on sale Friday? www.ticketmaster.uk? what is
all this "pre" stuff and email confirmation all about? I can
t even VIEW the stones site!!?!?

is anyone getting extra tix? If so, can I buy singles from
you for each Astoria/Twick/Wembley show please?

Is getting tix via internet easier than telephoning? Whats
the deal?

Cheers!
Ian :-)
12-04-02 12:08 PM
Chris Diemoz Guys,

I refuse, by principle, to throw 95$ in Cohl's pocket. So, this morning I wrote an e-mail to Ticketmaster in order to enquire about the general sale. I knew it would have been an hell of a mess, but I didn't expected at all such an answer:

"I am afraid as fare as we are aware all tickets for the Astoria have been on sale and are know sold out.

Don't hesitate to contact me should you have any further queries."

So, I assume there will no "genral sale" on friday for the Astoria. Or is Ticketmaster confusing people deliberately to avoid an "assault" to their site? Sorry, but... is there still some justice on this world, especially for fans who were waiting this tour since 12 years?

Cheers,
Chris
12-04-02 02:22 PM
ERWAN I bought one ticket for Feyenoord stadium, and I'm very surprised to learn by rollingstones.com that it's only possible to book for one concert.
Is anybody knows how obtain tickets for several shows?
Thanks
12-04-02 05:46 PM
Gazza >Ok.. Can someone with accurate information PLEASE parlay to
me exactly how & when tix go on sale for the UK shows??

Friday 6th december at 9 am UK time according to the ticketmaster website

>I am in Toronto, and never really had difficulty before in
getting tix, but from reading all of your posts, it seems
that it is going to be a fucking nightmare!!!

I wouldnt think so.. the pre-sale is a fuck up (as it always has been) but the regular sale should be no more or less a hassle than anywhere else

>So UK shows go on sale Friday?

yes.

www.ticketmaster.uk?

the website address is actually http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk

>what is
all this "pre" stuff and email confirmation all about? I can
t even VIEW the stones site!!?!?

thats for RSFC members only. A limited number of tickets for each show is reserved for fan club members and can be applied for BEFORE the sale to the general public commences

If youre not a member of the international fan club,then its not an issue. You can just log on to the ticketmaster website and join the rush with the rest of us!!

>is anyone getting extra tix? If so, can I buy singles from
you for each Astoria/Twick/Wembley show please?

I wouldnt hold out much hope of getting an Astoria ticket unless you have a close friend who got lucky or youre lucky enough to get them yourself. They'll be as rare to find as hen's teeth...your best bet is to get online when they go on sale and get them that way..youve as much chance as anyone else that way. Ticket limits are 2 for the Astoria, 6 for Wembley and 8 for Twickenham.

>Is getting tix via internet easier than telephoning? Whats
the deal?

Not sure if theres a telephone number but there probably is..however,I'd recommend the internet as its less likely to be overloaded than phone lines are to be engaged

12-04-02 05:48 PM
Gazza >I bought one ticket for Feyenoord stadium, and I'm very surprised to learn by rollingstones.com that it's only possible to book for one concert.
Is anybody knows how obtain tickets for several shows?
Thanks

you can only book THROUGH THE FAN CLUB for one show. You can get tickets through the public sales for as many shows as you wish.
12-04-02 06:41 PM
Moonisup ERwan

I really think that Ahoy would be smarter to do,but that is my opinion
12-04-02 09:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Good for you too, Angiegirl, on Utrecht! I didn't get there when I was in the Low Countries this summer... where is it? What's the Vredenburg like?

Thanx! Utrecht is somewhat in the middle of Holland, not too far from Amsterdam. The Vredenburg is a round venue for about 2,000 people. It has chairs, but they usually take out the chairs in front of the stage (on the 'pit) to make that a standing area. It's a one-price ticket, so you can choose whether you want to sit in the rings or stand in front of the stage. Queueing is the word here. I've only been to one concert in that venue (Manic Street Preachers in '98) and the acoustics are not very good I hear. We'll see. I will be Licking Keef's feet there, so I won't notice the acoustics much I'm afraid

8 months, how will I survive?
12-05-02 01:37 AM
Bluzian Gazza:

Thank you kindly for the accurate information!! Much
obliged!! I know that we've been to several of the same
shows in the nineties and never met - hopefully in '03 I
can hook up with you (guys)!?

Good luck getting tix everybody!!!!

Cheers,
Ian

PS: December 6th is my 28th birthday, so I'm hoping to score
extra big on Friday, if ya know what I mean?! ;-)
12-05-02 09:45 AM
jb I was confused Gazza...glad you will have no problems with the tickets.
[Edited by jb]
12-05-02 05:39 PM
Gazza I wondered..LOL.. yes i got Astoria tickets, fortunately - no thanks to the fan club for not advising me they were on sale until AFTER I'd got them - but much thanks to those on this board who let us all know theyd gone on sale

another big rush tomorrow morning.As I have no leave left, I've told my boss I have a "doctor's appointment" and I'll be in late.. I have an appointment with a Dr Wembley and a Dr Twickenham - hope I manage to get a cure
12-05-02 05:42 PM
ERWAN Thanks Moonisup.
Sure, Ahoy would be smarter, but, anyway I will go to every show of the tour. For UK it's start tomorrow, for Netherland it's on Saturday and France it's on Wednesday.
What about Munich? Do you know when is the pre-sale?
Thanks
Erwan
12-05-02 05:49 PM
sirmoonie BTW - for U.S.A.ies going to London, 9am UK is 4am EST, 3am CST, 2am MST, and 1am PCT.

YES!
12-05-02 07:05 PM
Scot Rocks Some last minute questions from a very nervous fan waiting...

1) will there be any standing only tickets available for Twickenham?

2)On Ticketbastard can u pay by debit or switch or is just by credit card?

and thats it, gotta get back to this essay due in for tomorrow of all days, 500 words done 1500 to go...International Relations bloody shit...

will be a late night i think...

Cheers

Mark
12-05-02 09:27 PM
Monkey Woman I wonder... I really wonder WHY the RSFC cannot simply TELL the members, a day or a few hours in advance, at what time the presales begin for EACH country. Instead of vague info like 'in the next 48 hours'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed w/my membership: the tour news & videos, plus the discount on store merchandise and the possibility to actually get a ticket before they go on sale are worth it (IMO). Problem is, if they don't warn the members in time, not everybody have an fair chance to try and get a club ticket... The fan club allotment is sold out in the 1st half-hour! Sure, luckily, the arena and stadium presales go on for longer, but we all know that hardcore fans crave for theater/club tix!

So please, please, if RSFC officials read this: LET THE MEMBERS KNOW when to get glued FOR GOOD in front of their computer! Don't make them stand up all night or miss school or work and get all paranoid and bitter!

Be confident, we'll be there! We all want to buy tickets, lots of them
I for one would rather to give my hard-earned money to the Stones and their official commercial partners than to bloodsucking scalpers!

I understand that organising such an operation is a lot of work, what with the number of countries, venues, promoters and the like. I respect the work of Anthony Matilde and the people who maintain the fanclub and website. It provided me and others with lots of pleasure so far, but there was also a lot of problems and disappointment.

But the Licks tour has still far to go! Surely, it is possible from now on to make it work better, for the sake of our common love: the Rolling Stones and their music.

There, I posted it. Now, I feel better already
12-06-02 03:44 AM
Honky Tonk Man Im not too sure Mark. I paid with my dads Visa!

Are you trying for Twikenham or Wembley or both?

Id of thought Twikenham will be all seated. Wembley Arena has a section at the front where you stand, but they are all seats at the Stones show. £150 seats!

Good Luck Mark

ps, just check the site about the cards

Alex
12-06-02 04:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man I tried and tried for Astoria, but got no luck.

Just purchased 2 tickets for Twikenham instead

SECTION A5, ROW S, SEATS 11 TO 12

I hope thats good!

Alex
12-06-02 04:53 AM
Chico How much did you pay for those Alex?
12-06-02 05:01 AM
Honky Tonk Man Tickets for Twikenham were £75 each. So thats £150!

Tickets for Wembley Arena were £85. So thats £170!

So my personal grand total was £160!

I just hope my mate gives me my money fast!

Alex
12-06-02 05:15 AM
Monkey Woman Got my Olympia ticket! Yesss!
An alert was sent that morning to RSFC members, and I was lucky to be in front of my computer. Whew! That was HOT! Logging took a lot of time and going from one page to the next too -- must have been thousands of people online at the same time... (Or so it seemed.) Talk about a small window of opportunity! It was over in minutes!
Thanks to everybody at:
- RS.com
- IORR.com
- RocksOff
- and Shidoobeeland
for sending, relaying and sharing info!
Now I'm high as a kite...
12-06-02 05:18 AM
Chico Yup, got Twickenham tickets.Section A5, Row S, 21+22. But aaaaarrrrrggggggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!Somehow missed Wembley.But i'll be there.I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-06-02 05:20 AM
Honky Tonk Man Chico, you will be sitting near me!

Alex
12-06-02 05:52 AM
Chico Aha.So I see Alex.Good to see there'll be at least one other die hard in the near vicinity.A pre show chat/get together is showing potential.The seating chart is a load of use.I can only tell that i'll be in amongst the sardines somewhere. Anyone know the deal with the Arena. Is it dead and buried and all sold out or will more tickets become available, if so when? Or will I have to start putting on the pounds to nail past security. I can smell those mince pies already.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
12-06-02 06:25 AM
1stonesfan
quote:
ERWAN wrote:
Thanks Moonisup.
Sure, Ahoy would be smarter, but, anyway I will go to every show of the tour. For UK it's start tomorrow, for Netherland it's on Saturday and France it's on Wednesday.
What about Munich? Do you know when is the pre-sale?
Thanks
Erwan

Can someone tell me how to access the Netherlands tix? Is there a ticketmaster url for the Netherlands, or is it something else?

Thanks.
12-06-02 11:04 AM
Angiegirl Dutch TicketService:

click for website

Tix go on sale tomorrow (Saturday 7 DEC) at 10.00 am local Dutch time. Club show Vredenburg by phone only, can't be dialed from outside Holland. Arena Ahoy has limited standing tix left after presale. Stadium show plenty available. You can order the Ahoy and the Feijenoord stadium online through their website if their servers don't crash...lol.

Good luck everyone, I'll be sitting in the cold around 3am this night in front of the post office over here. It's freezing tonight, great!
12-07-02 10:38 AM
oska chico and honky tonk man your both near me ! section A5 , row W, seats 17 and 18, so were is the pre show party?
12-07-02 05:10 PM
ERWAN I'm very upset about this fucking rollingstones.com organisation!!! Premium International (for that you pay US $95) are allowed to book for only one concert!!If you want to book for another concert you have to pay $95 again. It's crazy! It's fascism!
I'm french, and I went in Amsterdam Airport for tickets. I succeed in having Feyenoord and Ahoy. I knew after that the three shows were sold out in 1hour and 20 minutes. Between that they add a 2nd show for Feyenoord : sold out!
they add : Arena Amsterdam : Aug. 19; the tickets will be available next week.
For the Olympia it's on Wednesday! Only by phone like Utrecht.
Good luck for everybody!!!!
SWAN
12-07-02 05:13 PM
ERWAN Monkey Woman, are you talking about the Olympia Halle in Munich or the Olympia in Paris??
SWAN
12-07-02 05:38 PM
ERWAN Monkey Woman, are you talking about the Olympia Halle (Munich) or the Olympia (Paris)???
Swan
12-08-02 04:15 AM
sergey Please tell me. The Stones will playing in China. If yes please write me a date. Thank you.
12-08-02 05:41 AM
Monkey Woman Sorry for not answering sooner, Erwan! I was talking about the Olympia theatre in Paris. Since I'm in France, it was my n°1 priority
Page: 1 2 3 4 5