ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca is a major ass-hole Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-18-02 08:26 PM
Joey Whatever happened to May Pang ????????????????????

Whatever happened to Mandy Smith ?????????????????

Whatever happened to Newt Gingrich ???????????????

These are the questions ................and I gotta pee .

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOEY BOY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-18-02 10:21 PM
nankerphelge My sources tell me that Newt is secretly advising John Ashcroft of a new system for detecting blow monkey's on-line.

Run, Joey, run!
The boogie-Newt is gonna git ya!
And your little dog too!

12-18-02 10:43 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
Joey wrote:
Whatever happened to May Pang ????????????????????

Whatever happened to Mandy Smith ?????????????????

Whatever happened to Newt Gingrich ??????????

Whatever happened to Angela Lansbury?

And while I'm here, is it just my imagination, or does Yoko have a face like a bagful of assholes?
12-19-02 02:22 PM
Honky Tonk Man My Beatles Solo Collection consists of The Best Of John Lennon, Wingspan and All Things Must Pass. None of them are that great!

To be honest, id go as far as saying that im not the SLIGHTEST bit interested in their Solo Careers.

But come on Macca! Rupert The Bear??!!!!

Alex
12-19-02 02:46 PM
stonedinaustralia CCM - i've been sitting on that pic. for ages waiting for the right opportunity to lay it on the rest of you

oh well, too slow

i was going to suggest to voodoo that we post it under the caption "which poster do you think this?"...but i thought better of it as that would have , no doubt, caused more than a little upset (or that voodoo use it as punishment for rude and unruly posters by making it their avatar)

still, it is hilarious

as i said when i mailed it to nasty - it looks like lars ullrich to me - but you're right it could well be macca...

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
12-19-02 02:47 PM
Cant Catch Me I always thought McCartney had his head up his ass, but his recent actions plus this photo finally prove it ...
12-19-02 02:50 PM
stonedinaustralia ccm - now you've made me look like i am psychic!!
12-19-02 02:56 PM
jb That's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-19-02 03:03 PM
Moonisup MACCA REDISCOVERS HIMSELF, HE LOOKS WHERE HE LEFT HIS CD'S HAHAHAHA YES MACCA THAT IS WHAT YOUR CD'S ARE

SHIT
12-19-02 03:37 PM
Cant Catch Me Well then you're psychic, SIA! I just found the pic yesterday -- isn't the Internet great!

(If you want to see some other really funny pictures, my source was http://www.mateinastate.com ... but be forewarned some of 'em are pretty raw.)
12-19-02 03:38 PM
jb I would call some of those pictures "shitfaced".
12-19-02 05:07 PM
Moonisup

paul and ringo in 1999
[Edited by Moonisup]
12-19-02 05:42 PM
Honky Tonk Man LOL RICK!

Now they are Red Necks right?

Got to be an example of Sister AND Brother sleeping together! LOL!

Alex
12-19-02 05:53 PM
Moonisup haa Must be
12-19-02 05:57 PM
nankerphelge WOW, where did you get the picture of Joey and his twin sister?
12-19-02 06:00 PM
Moonisup wahahahahaa
12-19-02 06:04 PM
nankerphelge Or is that Noel and Liam after the reconstructive surgery???
It's so hard to tell!!
12-19-02 06:08 PM
Moonisup aah it could be the beatles, oasis ore anyone
12-19-02 07:01 PM
Gazza jb
Rocks Off Member

Posted 12-19-02 10:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gazza...I have to admit I was taken aback by your professed love of the Beatles as #2 all time band. I understand that you like the Stones much more, but don't you feel just a bit "unclean" having such affection for a pop group that has such universal appeal. It's just hard for me to see how someone can listen to the blues driven rock of the stones, and then put on "Yellow Submarine"..it's not that the beatles were not taslented, but they are by anyone's definition a pop group, whose songs were carefully crafted for 13 year old boys and girls...Yes, Sgt. Pepper and the White album showed some growth, but they broke up before one could judge whether they would have continued along this path. They are, IMHO, the best pop group ever, but they certainly are not in the same league as the Stones.
I have always taken pride in not owning a Beatles album, and I trust I am one of the only Stones fans who really does not care for them.

(reposted in correct thread by Gazza)
12-19-02 07:43 PM
Gazza >Gazza...I have to admit I was taken aback by your professed love of the Beatles as #2 all time band. I understand that you like the Stones much more, but don't you feel just a bit "unclean" having such affection for a pop group that has such universal appeal.

No. Because I'm not a musical snob. How many units a band sells doesnt mean theyre better than anyone else.. nor does it mean they're worse either. Sometimes the general public HAS good taste (Thats why more people go and see a Stones tour than a Monkees reunion tour). The Stones could hardly be classified as a "cult" act with no commercial appeal, could they? Was their 60's output crappy because they had eight or nine number one singles in the US & UK? Was "Jumpin Jack Flash" a bad song because it got to number 1?

I don't recognise musical genres. To me there's only two types of music - good music and bad music. I have a very broad taste in music, ranging from Ice-T to Frank Sinatra or from The Clash to the Anthology of American Folk Music.
I'm not obsessed with The Beatles. they're an ex-band and they had split up already before I even listened to them with both earsso the whole 60's thing means nothing to me personally. The Stones are stilla working band,so theres no comparison with the level of anticipation of a new release or concert or anythng like that. I care little about the solo careers of any Beatles members from about 1973 onwards to be honest. In my eyes, they were all burnt out creatively by then. That said, I'm not convinced the Stones aren't either going by the minimal output from them as a band in the last five years but at least if they are, it took them about three decades more to reach that level.

>It's just hard for me to see how someone can listen to the blues driven rock of the stones, and then put on "Yellow Submarine"..

"Yellow submarine" is a piece of fluff. I never liked it even as a child. (But then I've never liked "Satanic majesties" either). It ("Submarine") also topped the charts. Therefore it got to the same position as "Satisfaction", "Honky Tonk Women" and "Jumpin Jack Flash". If you want to talk about musical genres then chart success makes you a 'pop' act to a certain degree - for better or worse The Stones are a lot more than "blues-driven rock" and the Beatles were a lot more than a pop band. the best song the Beatles ever recorded IMO was "A Day In The Life" - hardly an example of a catchy little 3 minute pop song. "Continental Drift" is IMO one of the best five or six songs the Stones ever recorded - its also the most un-Stones like song they ever recorded too. Brian Jones was pretty devoted to blues music yet he still went to Morocco to record and produce the Master Musicians of Joujouka. If he can be allowed to have a eclectic taste in musical inspiration,why cant everyone else?

>it's not that the beatles were not talented, but they are by anyone's definition a pop group, whose songs were carefully crafted for 13 year old boys and girls...

as was the Stones early music. Watered down american black music played by English kids for a teenage white audience because that audience werent aware of, probably had never heard of and couldnt care less about Howlin Wolf or Muddy Waters. Nothing wrong with that, but thats how it is. Look at that early newsreel footage of the Stones in concert or on the Ed Sullivan Shows..hear those screams? They're not coming from lawyers or bankers. The Stones image and music when they were first unleashed on an unsuspecting public was carefully aimed at a teenage market - the same age group as The Beatles. It was a big enough market to cope with two bands being very popular.

>Yes, Sgt. Pepper and the White album showed some growth, but they broke up before one could judge whether they would have continued along this path.

personally I think their best work came after that - Abbey Road which was the last album they recorded.

>They are, IMHO, the best pop group ever,

so you reckon they were good then!

>but they certainly are not in the same league as the Stones.

never implied they were. I just dont see the point in distinguishing between "pop" and "rock" as the definition of those genres changes all the time.as do others..for example, when I was growin up, "Rhythm and blues" could be defined as acts like the Stones, Dr Feelgood, Bo Diddley. Now when people talk about R&B theyre meaning artists like Mary J Blige and Alicia Keys. Did I miss something here? Who changed the definition and when did it happen? Are they the artists Keith is referring to when he talks about how a musician's greatest gift is that he can say "I passed it on"? I dont think so, although I'm not knocking those type of performers in any way.

>I have always taken pride in not owning a Beatles album, and I trust I am one of the only Stones fans who really does not care for them.

so youve admitted theyre the best "pop" act ever (whatever that means)but dont own any of their output? is that because you dont care for that style of music (which is doubtful as youve acknowledged that you admire two of their albums) or is it because deep down you're still (like many people) locked into this "if you like THIS band you cant like THAT band" absurdity? Do you own ANY albums that could be classified as having a commercial appeal?
12-19-02 07:58 PM
Joey " They are, IMHO, the best pop group ever, but they certainly are not in the same league as the Stones.
I have always taken pride in not owning a Beatles album, and I trust I am one of the only Stones fans who really does not care for them. "

Josh , you are completely missing the point of why THE BEATLES will always be the Gold Standard from which all other Rock and Roll Bands will be judged .......................They landed in America ten weeks after JFK's assassination and made our nation young again . Period !

I believe it was Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan ( sic ) of NY who said the day after JFK was shot to death , " We shall never be young again !!!! " . The Beatles response , " Bullshit !!!!! " -- " Here We Come America " and God Bless ' Em for it .

Just think if John Kennedy had not died that dark day of Nov. 22nd , 1963 . There would have been no Civil Rights Act , no Voting Rights Act , no War on Poverty , no Great Society , no Medicare or Medicaid for all of the Doctors and Lawyers of this nation to bilk and feast off of , and , of course , no Vietnam ..........................plus , all of that crap aside , the Beatles never would have been one/one hundreth as popular as they were/are !

Damn Straight !

Accordingly , the next time Macca comes to your fair city , please kiss his ass and say , " Thanks " for renewing our spirit , our collective consciousness and making America feel young , vibrant and strong . Oh , and please paw that lovely Heather Mills for young Joey .

-- Thank You !!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ THE JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-19-02 08:09 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Well said, Gazza. More civil there then I coulda been.

Yeah, Joey, they did kinda bring that ideal of American Feelgoodness back - kinda like an emergency rush shipment of good times from our pals the UK. I wrote a paper on this - that's a big point. These guys showed up with a new outlook on life, playing 'black music' and making a point that they were covering the great original rock'n'rollers.

And Heather Mills? Paw her? Yecch! She's an ice queen! Wasn't very nice in any of the interviews I've seen. You'd get your mitts frozen!

Still, whatever. It's his choice. Maybe they're all nice in private or whatever and she doesn't like the cameras.

She did let Larry King hold her leg...

"Who", according to SNL, "In a tender moment, asked the leg to marry him."

-tSYX --- There I will stay, for a year and a day, until the cares of my life blow away...
12-19-02 08:31 PM
Joey " She did let Larry King hold her leg...

"Who", according to SNL, "In a tender moment, asked the leg to marry him."

-tSYX --- There I will stay, for a year and a day, until the cares of my life blow away... "

TSYX ..............you are RAPIDLY becoming my favorite poster around here .

I have my eye on you .

J. Fly

12-19-02 08:34 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Joey wrote:
TSYX ..............you are RAPIDLY becoming my favorite poster around here .

I have my eye on you .

J. Fly

Uh-oh.

*cue ominous music*

No, waitaminute, that's just the bridge to "Rocks Off".

If you'll excuse me, ladies & gentlemen, I'm going to dance when the verse comes back in.

*Dancing ensues*

-tSYX --- The sunshine bores the daylights outta me...
12-20-02 12:03 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote: I have a very broad taste in music, ranging from Ice-T to Frank Sinatra or from The Clash to the Anthology of American Folk Music.

Yes! I bin knowed you was one my niggaz, Gazzie!

Gazza, you know damn near everything about music. I swear.

Man, I could have used you at Gasland a few weeks ago. I was ridiculed and flogged and humilated for my allegiance to Mr. O'Shea Jackson. Even some of my C10 brothers were laughing at me. But I would not cower before their studied ignorance.

For those interested, rap had some glorious lyrical grooves, most, if not all, can be found in anything Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, or N.W.A. did. Some of it is overly and stupidly violent and misogynist, but those are usually the tracks that suck, because they are playing up the boyz in da hood angle too much. But the good grooves are there and mighty fine.

"Fool, you know how we do it, Ronnie!"
12-20-02 12:20 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Yes! I bin knowed you was one my niggaz, Gazzie!

Gazza, you know damn near everything about music. I swear.

Man, I could have used you at Gasland a few weeks ago. I was ridiculed and flogged and humilated for my allegiance to Mr. O'Shea Jackson. Even some of my C10 brothers were laughing at me. But I would not cower before their studied ignorance.

For those interested, rap had some glorious lyrical grooves, most, if not all, can be found in anything Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, or N.W.A. did. Some of it is overly and stupidly violent and misogynist, but those are usually the tracks that suck, because they are playing up the boyz in da hood angle too much. But the good grooves are there and mighty fine.

"Fool, you know how we do it, Ronnie!"

Moon Dog --

Where were you when I was defending the cause over here on Rocks Off a few weeks ago? Everybody was all like "I don't like rap" this and "rap is crap" that and I was tryin' to preach the word of the great Miami boom and Brooklyn '83 and all like that and people were telling me I was plugged in the ear hole.
12-20-02 04:07 AM
Cant Catch Me Hey, I had to delete that image from my previous posts because while figuring out how to include images in posts I used it as part of my signature file. It's a great pic, but not the kind I wanted gracing each and every post. So, here it is, one last time.

And, forgot which of you it was, but saying those two subhumans looked like rednecks is gonna' give real rednecks a bad name. A typical redneck would have some abilities, for example, enough skill to drive a pickup truck, although you couldn't assume that it would always be in a safe and responsible manner. Those two, in comparison, look like they couldn't figure out what to do with a shovel, unless it was to pick their teeth with or use to scratch behind their ears or perhaps worse ... Besides, aren't rednecks supposed to be Americans, whereas I assumed those two characters were British. Or at least the Web page that had the picture was British, although that doesn't necessarily mean that all the content there is British in origin.

"Damn, I thought I lost a quarter and a dime in here."
12-20-02 09:32 AM
Joey Anyone see my Dope ????
12-20-02 09:34 AM
jb Merry Christmas Joey, my 1/2 Jewish friend.
12-20-02 09:38 AM
Joey Peace My Persian Brother ................

Howard Stern and myself are both Half Jewish !

I believe Kudlow and Cramer are also both 1/2 Jewish .

Josh , did you know that I have never met a Jew yet who was not a STONES OR WHO FAN ?!!!!!

True Story

J.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5