ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca is a major ass-hole Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-20-02 09:42 AM
jb In all sincerity, we jews love the Stones, Springsteen, Thw Who, Neal Diamond and Barbara Streisand.
By the way, it almost knocked my socks off the other night when Richard Simmons was on Larry King and I found out he was not, I repeat, not a Jew....he does, however, have a pricless doll collection, including both Barbara and Liza dolls.
12-20-02 10:04 AM
Joey " he does, however, have a pricless doll collection, including both Barbara and Liza dolls. "

Regarding the " Barbra " doll , he brought that on Letterman one night and Dave started pawing it .

Funniest damn thing I have ever seen .

J. Fly Boy !
12-20-02 10:09 AM
F505 why not leonard cohen en robert zimmerman aka bob dylan?
12-20-02 10:21 AM
jb B/c Dylan keeps changing his mind....
12-20-02 10:44 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
M. JoeyFly wrote:
Josh , did you know that I have never met a Jew yet who was not a STONES OR WHO FAN ?!!!!!

You obviously don't live in the frozen wastes of New England.

It freezes men's hearts... in fact, almost all of my friends who are Jewish like neither the Stones nor the Who. Come to think of it, not a lot of Stones or Who fans up here regardless of Religion.

A nice little underground Who culture here, which is nice as I get boots from the live shows without having to B&P. But I seem to be the only underground Stones fan - everyone else is anywhere from thirty to forty years older.

As for our buddy Macca, good for him that his shows were #1. A guy who goes out on tour with four other band members and does a two-and-a-half hour show almost without stopping, hitting all the high notes himself deserves a lot of credit. Especially because 90% of the songs he sang he did as rockers, which is friggin' awesome.

"Band On The Run" as real no-holds-barred Rock'n'roll.

As opposed to the IPS no-holds-barred Cock'n'roll, as proposed by the Koi Pond Comittee.

God, I hope Ronnie didn't read that thread...

Waitaminute...

I hope Ronnie did read that thread. And that he decides to come with us... He and I'd start the non-alcoholic funtime comimttee, which involves ruthlessly pushing the drunk into the Koi Pond.

Enveloping....

-tSYX --- Always known sometimes think it's me...
12-20-02 10:51 AM
Joey " A nice little underground Who culture here, which is nice as I get boots from the live shows without having to B&P. But I seem to be the only underground Stones fan - everyone else is anywhere from thirty to forty years older. "

Damn Straight ................it's called " Paying your Respects " !

The New Rat Pack :

MACCA
JAGGER
TOWNSHEND
RICHARDS
CLAPTON

12-20-02 10:56 AM
jb And that's why I am not coming to Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-20-02 11:42 AM
Joey " And that's why I am not coming to Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

You make Joey say .......................HUH ?????????

12-20-02 11:46 AM
nankerphelge .....MUST GO TO DENVER.....
12-20-02 12:13 PM
Nellcote Macca & Rock & Roll are not to be used in the same sentance.

Try Macca & Muzak for a more current description.

I can hear it now....."Ding, fifth floor, face lifts, prosthesis, warbling rock stars..."
12-20-02 12:18 PM
sasca I quite like the Monkees.
12-20-02 12:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Macca & Rock & Roll are not to be used in the same sentance.

Try Macca & Muzak for a more current description.

I can hear it now....."Ding, fifth floor, face lifts, prosthesis, warbling rock stars..."

*whistles idily*

Rinse the raindrops from your head, wipe your eyes go back to bed, in the morning I'll be here and the skies will clear.... SAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHN yeahhhhhhhhhh.... In the morning I'll be here...

*continues to whistle idily*

Hmm? Oh, don't mind me. I'm just screaming a rock'n'roll song by Paul McCartney.

-tSYX --- Awakening...
12-20-02 12:20 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Where were you when I was defending the cause over here on Rocks Off a few weeks ago? Everybody was all like "I don't like rap" this and "rap is crap" that and I was tryin' to preach the word of the great Miami boom and Brooklyn '83 and all like that and people were telling me I was plugged in the ear hole.

Nass T! Fuhgots Miamiez! Man, that was a long time ago.

My list left off Public Enemy, exhibiting my Wes cose bias.

Who's this "Macca" these goons are talking about?

12-20-02 12:21 PM
sasca Paul was the most rock'n'roll of the Beatles - 'Long Tall Sally', 'I'm Down'. And he's never written a song a song as ghastly as 'My Little Flower Princess'.
12-20-02 12:37 PM
Nellcote Sasca; you make a great point in saying Paul "was" the most rock & roll of the Beatles. It's over for Rock & Roll and Paul at this stage of the game. The only thing saving him is the drummer in this new band. He's the top gross because of the "cute" factor, as well as that Americans are infatuated with a band which was around for seven years.
He is not current any longer.

Another point, all of this row about songwriting credit, and his name coming first. Why the &$@! should he care now, about this, just think, under his watch, the entire Beatles catalog was sold right from under him to Wacko Michael Jackson. Wacko will probably have to relinquish ownership of the catalog soon, to pay for his adolescent conquests, think The Mighty Macca will come up with the cake to buy back the catalog?
12-20-02 12:43 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Who's this "Macca" these goons are talking about?

Macca P was a Far-East Bay rapper from back in the dizay. He is generally considered whack because his posse was so BeatLess.

Homeboy didn't last long. Got no wings, nawmean?

Why I wanna holiday, dammit, cause I wanna!

12-20-02 01:49 PM
Joey " .....MUST GO TO DENVER..... "

You are my Nanky -------------- YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-20-02 09:11 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Man, I could have used you(Gazza)at Gasland a few weeks ago. I was ridiculed and flogged and humilated for my allegiance to Mr. O'Shea Jackson. Even some of my C10 brothers were laughing at me. But I would not cower before their studied ignorance.

For those interested, rap had some glorious lyrical grooves, most, if not all, can be found in anything Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, or N.W.A. did. Some of it is overly and stupidly violent and misogynist, but those are usually the tracks that suck, because they are playing up the boyz in da hood angle too much. But the good grooves are there and mighty fine.

as you may appreciate sirm i too (along with gazza and nasty) am with you on that one

i'd put tupac, public enemy and the disposable heroes of
hip-hopracy (sp?) in the list to name but a few

as you say it's not all "great" but when it is, it's right there...

btw, been digging a bit of marlene deitrich lately - what a gal!!

12-21-02 05:13 AM
Pants Make the Man John Lennon discovered Paul "Christ" McCartney. That's exactly why it is, and ever shall be: Lennon/McCartney. And Paul was the luckier, by far...he found a collaborator with an immense lyrical gift.

Sidenote: The Stones were already the biggest thing in London before George even set his eyes upon them. Brian would have seen to it that the Stones "broke out", George, or no George.
12-21-02 07:47 AM
Street Fighting Man No denying the Beatles were phenominal - they changed society's attitudes in the 60's with their revolutionary music.

As for switching the order of credits on Lennon/McCartney, unless there's some financial impetus to making the change, it's a silly gesture by Paul.

As for Yoko Onon reaping royalties on Beatles tunes that McCartney actually wrote, that's not right - but then again, look how many cases of spouses getting a share of their marital partners assets just simply for being married. In the "real world," (i.e., not the multi-millionare world of Paul McCartney), it happens every day.
12-21-02 11:05 AM
sasca Actually, it was a mutual friend, Ivan Vaughn, who brought John and Paul together. And Paul was at least as good a lyricist as John (Eleanor Rigby, For No-One).
12-21-02 02:43 PM
Pants Make the Man Yes, but John gave the Okay...he had the final word. "Elanor Rigby" doesn't do anything for me...neither does "Hello, Goodbye"...nor "When I'm 64". On the other hand, "Across the Universe", "Glass Onion", "Dear Prudence", "Revolution", etc, knock me down, loaded.

Sorry, "Christ", old chap...Lennon/McCartney stays.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5