ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca is a major ass-hole Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-18-02 02:47 PM
sirmoonie Please consult with an attorney licensed to practice in the state in which you reside before purchasing or renting an IPS with an intent to arouse.
12-18-02 02:48 PM
nankerphelge I can think of no other reason to buy an IPS other than with an intent to arouse...
12-18-02 02:50 PM
sirmoonie Thats why its so important that you consult an attorney.

A lawyer that represents himself on an IPS charge has a perverted fool for a client.
12-18-02 02:54 PM
parmeda moonie....aka MrI'mGoingToLondon...
Have you checked your PM's?

The rest of you...please, carry on. This is getting good.
12-18-02 02:57 PM
Mother baby Maybe it's time to give "How Do You Sleep" a good listen to tonight. Any DJs playing that song "out there" today?
12-18-02 03:00 PM
jb Some of the people make Ibn Saud look tolerant.
12-18-02 03:02 PM
egon so the paul bashing is now truly finished? pitty
what about yoko?
12-18-02 03:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot I usually find Oriental women very sexy......but Yoko got severely beaten with an ugly stick. That woman would give a grown man a permenant limp-on.

And if she starts "singing", mass suicide is a sure result.

Still, I kinda admire her. She does her own thing.
12-18-02 03:09 PM
jb I admire her for hating Paul....I admire her for letting Seaan wear a Stones T-shirt. I admire her for letting John bang another Asian during their marriage.
12-18-02 03:10 PM
nankerphelge An Asian man walked into the currency exchange in New York with 2000 yen and walked out with $72.00.

The following week, he walked in with 2000 yen and was handed $66.00.

He asked the teller, "Why get less money than got last week?"

The teller says, "Fluctuations".

The Asian man stormed out and just before slamming the door, he turned around and said, "Fluc you Amelicans too!"
12-18-02 03:10 PM
sirmoonie Who is Ibn Saud?
12-18-02 03:12 PM
Mother baby
quote:
egon wrote:
so the paul bashing is now truly finished?

Never!!! It's Soooooo easy....and it's no one's fault but his own. Pick-A-Scab Paul just can't let it be. If he were as concerned about the Beatles legacy as his own we wouldn't even be having this thread.

#2 Like Keith says....really...who cares what Sir Paul does?
It's irrevelant.

12-18-02 03:13 PM
jb Please read the book Moonie.....
12-18-02 03:15 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Please read the book Moonie.....

Whats it called again?
12-18-02 03:21 PM
egon
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Still, I kinda admire her. She does her own thing.

what's that? pretending to be "the voice" of john
and protector of the beatles/lennon legacy, while in the meantime she just wants to get as much money and media attention out of it as possible?
[Edited by egon]
12-18-02 03:28 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
No..he is being "greedy" in not wanting to share the Beatle legacy with his mate.

Hmm...

That'd be true if he was taking John Lennon's name *off* the credits. But he's not. He's not in it for more money or to 'erase his friend' or anything.

And I'd be the first to admit that those songs *are*, in actuality, McCartney/Lennon.

But Paul... man... the people who care already *know* that you wrote them. No one else cares. It's just a stupid little fling.

And that's correct, all you lawyers, as the copyright stuff is so tangled, plus Yoko's record on this isn't exactly spotless, she is *not suing* at this time. No legal grounds, apparently. It might degenerate into worseness, but nothing legal.

-tSYX --- It's an eminence front...
12-18-02 03:42 PM
sirmoonie Check it my bleeds...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2588347.stm
12-18-02 03:58 PM
Honky Tonk Man McCartneys the biggest twat going, but there was a time when the credits were in fact M/L. On the debut LP.

Everyone knows McCartney wrote Classics like Hey Jude, The Long And Winding Road and Yesterday. This whole unfortunate episode is typical Paul.

I will say this.

It was JOHN LENNON who made McCartney Great. It must be more then a coincidence that Macca wrote some of the most buetiful and brilliant music with the Fab Four, but turned out utter shite as a solo artist. With the odd exception of course.

Alex
12-18-02 04:06 PM
sasca My favourite ex-Beatle albums:
1. All Things Must Pass - GH
2. Band on the Run - PM
3. Milk and Honey - JL/YO
12-18-02 04:06 PM
sandrew While we're on this subject, anyone ever notice that "What a Shame" is credited to Richards/Jagger. What's up with that?
12-18-02 04:09 PM
jb Sandrew...when is your piece running? Also, what about thaT fuck Roger Friedman?
12-18-02 04:26 PM
sandrew Piece will run tomorrow. It's basically a rehash of the wire reports, but I did get some original quotes from the president of the Songwriters Guild of America.

Do you mean Roger Friedman of Fox News?
12-18-02 04:31 PM
Gazza >It was JOHN LENNON who made McCartney Great.

and vice-versa. Twat though he may be,practically every major innovation or creative idea of the Beatles' career after they stopped touring until they broke up came primarily from McCartney. Lennon admitted on several occasions that he wanted out from about 1966.

To be honest I'm sick of the deifying of Saint John - both as a human being and as an artist - just because he was 'cooler' and was tragically unlucky enough to die first

> >t must be more then a coincidence that Macca wrote some of the most buetiful and brilliant music with the Fab Four, but turned out utter shite as a solo artist. With the odd exception of course.

ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I give you : Two Virgins, Life with the lions, Sometime in new York City, most of the Mindgames album. Put that lot against McCartney's worst and see which of them makes you run screaming out of the room first.

Lennon made two very good solo albums of original studio material - Plastic Ono Band and Imagine. Post-1971 his recorded output was a shadow of the work he was capable of when he was a Beatle (I'll make an exception for the fine "rock n roll" LP but thats an album of covers) and for the most part incredibly self indulgent. yet in many polls he's regarded as the greatest solo artist/solo songwriter in rock history. If Lennon had ONLY recorded as a solo artist and not with The Beatles, he'd have been remmebered as a talnted prospect who made some good albums and a few great singles around the beginning of the 70's and who then lost the plot.

12-18-02 04:34 PM
sasca
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>It was JOHN LENNON who made McCartney Great.

and vice-versa. Twat though he may be,practically every major innovation or creative idea of the Beatles' career after they stopped touring until they broke up came primarily from McCartney. Lennon admitted on several occasions that he wanted out from about 1966.

Even on a 'weird' Lennon song like 'Tomorrow Never Knows' it's Paul who is creating the weird sounds.
12-18-02 04:38 PM
jb Gazza..I thought you despised the Beatles...
12-18-02 04:50 PM
Gazza no..Ive always been a Beatles fan...second greatest band ever but nowhere close to the Stones in my affections..I just think lennon's solo output is overrated when scrutinised properly even by beatles fans without them being misty-eyed

Do you still love me?
12-18-02 05:18 PM
L&A Yes, Gazza, I still love you more then never: 100% agree with your fine analyse.

Who can imagine that JJF, Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, SFTD, Midnight Rambler, ... etc etc were written by the same artist who did GITD ?

Paul is nothing without John.
John is nothing without Paul.
Mick is (nearly ) nothing without Keith.
Keith is (nearly ) nothing without Mick.

F**k that 40 years old Beatles/Stones competition and keep rocking with good music
12-18-02 05:37 PM
dkmonroe I agree with Gazza. It's stupid to say that Lennon made Paul great, as if Paul was only along for the ride. And I also agree that John's solo output is grotesquely overrated. Neither of them rose above their Beatles legacy, in my opinion.

I really don't understand all the hostility toward Paul about this. I've always thought it was silly to have Paul's name on songs he didn't write, and vise versa. And don't even get me started about Jagger/Richards. I'm afraid we will never get the true story about the contributions of the other Stones to the writing process, and that's a great loss to rock history. It also obscures the talents of Jagger/Richards as well, because there will always be a thicket of rumours about how Brian wrote this and Bill wrote that, and the impression one gets is that they had no talent other than thievery, which is also untrue.

I know that with John gone, it would be impossible to completely revise the credits to complete accuracy, but I just don't understand all the anger and vitriol over him changing the order in which the two names appear on a handful of songs, most if not all of which there is no actual dispute over Paul's composing of them. I mean, it's not as though he's claiming to have written "I Am the Walrus" and "All You Need is Love", while flogging off "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" on John. THAT would be worth blowing a gasket over, but not this.
[Edited by dkmonroe]
12-18-02 06:24 PM
sasca I think it's unnecessary but if Paul is blamed for his actions now, remember that John probably made damn sure that his name was first when they first worked out the credits.
12-18-02 07:36 PM
cocksucker McCartney is God!!!! Beatles bashers are scum and should be removed from this board immediately!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5