ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca is a major ass-hole Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-18-02 09:48 AM
jb On CNN yesterday, and in todays paper, a big article on how Macca is switching song writing credits on his lame "Back in the USA" disc to read Macca/Lennon. In a brilliant article, the writer points out how other greats, including Jagger/Richards, have not had these problems. Yoko is thinking of suing this bastard who is doing this to his dead "friend". Paul claims these songs are his legacy..give me a break..I imagine even the most ardent Beatle fan is appalled by his behavior.
[Edited by jb]
12-18-02 10:01 AM
T&A JB - are we to understand that you are not pleased with something Beatle-related? Oh, my!
12-18-02 10:04 AM
Moonisup Great avatar josh!!

I have send you an X-mas card hahaha
12-18-02 10:05 AM
cocksucker Macca = God
12-18-02 10:13 AM
riffhard64 Paul is a fag
12-18-02 10:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot Methinks Paul has been reading his own press clippings...and believes them.

This is just wrong.

Yoko damn well better sue.

If John were still here, this wouldn't even be happeneing.
12-18-02 11:08 AM
parmeda Chicago SunTimes
McCARTNEY BILLED BEFORE LENNON ON NEW LIVE CDs
December 18, 2002

BY LARRY MCSHANE
NEW YORK--Paul McCartney believes the last shall be first.

McCartney, after 40 years of second billing to his late partner John Lennon, has turned the tables on his Beatles collaborator by reversing the order of the Lennon-McCartney songwriting credit.

On Paul's last project, a two-CD live album, the cute Beatle is now top dog.

''Back in the U.S. Live 2002'' includes 19 classic Beatles songs billed as written by ''Paul McCartney and John Lennon.''

The back-and-forth continues a nasty feud between McCartney and Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, who in the past accused the Beatles bassist of ''opening a Pandora's box'' by changing the credits.

''This is not a divisive thing,'' insisted McCartney spokesman Geoff Baker in London. ''It's not Lennon or McCartney. Even if Paul did 95 percent or more on these songs, he's not asking that John's name be taken off. He just doesn't think it should be first.''

The intra-Beatles spat--one of many since the band dissolved in 1970--dates back seven years, although it started with ''Yesterday.''

When the surviving members of the Fab Four began releasing their ''Anthology'' series in 1995, McCartney approached Ono about flipping the Lennon-McCartney credit for the hit single.

Ono, the guardian of the Lennon legacy since her husband's 1980 murder, turned him down. She and her attorney did not return calls seeking comment.

''It actually is one of the reasons we're not the best of friends,'' McCartney confessed in an interview with Reader's Digest last year.

No one disputes that McCartney wrote ''Yesterday'' by himself, or that he was the only Beatle in the studio for its recording.

Music historians suggest McCartney, now 60, has become worried about his place in history.

And though he's a multimillionaire many times over, it still irks McCartney that part of his songwriting profits go to Ono.

''At one point, Yoko earned more from 'Yesterday' than I did,'' McCartney complained in a May 2001 interview.

AP

...What a fricken cry-baby!

btw...JB, changed the avitar again...nice picture hon!
12-18-02 11:41 AM
jb Yes Parmeda...I wanted Mrs. JB to see what I do at work so she would appreciate my hard earned money!!!! By the way, I actually have a separate "secret" Stones bank account at Wachovia n/k/a First Union were I keep about 10k for ticket purchases...Believe me , if the wife knew the cost this tour, I would never hear the end of it until we purchase the "I need a bigger house Josh..it's only 750k"'!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
12-18-02 12:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeah, who really cares, Paul?

Everyone who knows the music knows you wrote at least 95% of all those songs. Why change it to McCartney/Lennon?

By the way, Yoko Ono is not suing.

This may be because she herself quietly edited a lot of John's solo songs to read Lennon/Ono after he died. So she's just as guilty of fixin' the books.

It's just a stupid gripe. Everyone knows he wrote "Yesterday". Everyone knows John Lennon didn't want to go near it. Why even bother?

And Jagger/Richards has never had that problem, you're right - even though Keith has had his name dragged through "Back To Zero"... God, poor man!

-tSYX --- Well a young man ain't got nuthin' in the world these days...
12-18-02 12:56 PM
jb Lennon is universally recognized as the heart and soul of the Beatles...it was Pauls's jealousy, just as now, that caused their spilt. I don't think even John could "imagine" what a back-stabbing fuck Macca has become...I think it's fair to say at this point, anyone who defends Macca after this, is neither a friend of the Beatles or the Stones...shame!!!
[Edited by jb]
12-18-02 12:57 PM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
Paul claims these songs are his legacy..give me a break..I imagine even the most ardent Beatle fan is appalled by his behavior.

Ughhh.... I was actually starting to like the guy a little in the last few years. Now I'm not so sure. A bit whiny, isn't he? Well, I'm sure he can find a shoulder to cry on somewhere.
12-18-02 12:59 PM
jb He charged people at his wedding for cocktails..does this tell you what a calculating bitch he is???
12-18-02 01:06 PM
egon boy jb, you get really worked up about this.

maybe you are secretly, deep down in side a bit of a beatles and/or lennon fan?

you can tell me, i won't say a word to rik de klomp.
12-18-02 01:09 PM
jb Egon, my Beatle-loving #2 Dutch friend, are not even you upset about this..it's big news over here..go to Billboard.com..it's the cover story..also in New York Post...
12-18-02 01:12 PM
Moonisup It proves that I and all the beatle haters where right about macca!!!!

what do you say keith????No, I'm not at all interested in what (Paul McCartney) does. Unfortunately, John Lennon's dead...

- Keith Richards, 1997

12-18-02 01:15 PM
jb Great quote Rik....Anyone who now defends this ass should be thrown off this site without delay....Where is my X-mas card?
[Edited by jb]
12-18-02 01:18 PM
Moonisup well it went out today, I hope it reaches you soon!
12-18-02 01:24 PM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
Anyone who now defends this ass should be thrown off this site without delay....?

Now in defense of Sir Paul...no, no, just kidding.
Isn't he kind of like the kid that will take his ball and go home if he can't pitch?
Oh the injustice of it all! Some day it will all be public domain anyway...won't it???? Vanity of Vanities!!
12-18-02 01:25 PM
sasca Early in the Beatles' career some songs were credited to McCartney/Lennon. I have a copy of the first album from, I think, Argentina with such credits.
12-18-02 01:28 PM
Joey Macca never could write as well as John ...............and he would be the first to tell you .

But he is probably tired of giving half of everything to Yoko when she didn't even write a SINGLE song ( albeit Revolution 9 was mostly hers ) .

HALF ! ----- Christ , no wonder I have not gotten married yet .

" Find Me a ' Suggar Momma ' Ronnie "

The Joey .....Visionary .......Astute .......Profound !

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

The Mark of Quality
12-18-02 01:29 PM
egon couldn't give a flying fuck about who they credit 1st

i like the beatles, but never cared for them as individuals
or who wrote what.

cartney a tosser? could be. after all he did write "mull of kintye"

and then there's yoko;
4 words for you; rock & roll circus. know what i mean?
12-18-02 01:29 PM
jb O.K...but why now..is is pure greed..
12-18-02 01:31 PM
egon
quote:
jb wrote:
O.K...but why now..is is pure greed..

why? he won't get more money for it will he?
12-18-02 01:34 PM
jb No..he is being "greedy" in not wanting to share the Beatle legacy with his mate.
12-18-02 01:38 PM
egon aha, understand.

well, he has lived longer than john. gotta give him some credit for that.
12-18-02 01:41 PM
Moonisup paul will outlive all the beatles with his greedy behaviour
12-18-02 01:42 PM
egon my money is on yoko

f'in bitch!
12-18-02 01:47 PM
sandrew JB,

What would Ono's legal standing be to sue McCartney for switching the credits? Michael Jackson owns the rights to the songs, right? So under what law would she sue?
12-18-02 01:50 PM
egon i think monkey boy sold them again.

(to cover is financial loss on his latest album)
[Edited by egon]
12-18-02 01:50 PM
sasca I'm a McCartney fan but this is all a bit silly. I thought he'd got over that in the 70�s. On the other hand I do think he is given an unfairly hard time by some Beatles biographers. He was far more experimental than Lennon. And it irritates me that Paul often seems to be blamed for the break-up while Lennon is given credit for it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5