ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca is a major ass-hole Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-18-02 01:51 PM
jb She may very well have no standing to sue. It all depends on what the various agreements provide for. My guess is that no single document addresses this issue. Nanker may have more insight as this is the type of law he specializes in. Perhaps some common law cause of action as the name Lennon/McCartney is part of our culture by now....(unfortunately)
[Edited by jb]
12-18-02 01:52 PM
Moonisup we should give them all credit for beaking up!!!! That was the best thing the beatles ever did
12-18-02 01:53 PM
egon it was all yoko's doing.
she was the one that made ringo sing yellow sub as well

evil
sasca I'd have thought you thought the best thing they did was George recommending the Stones to Decca.
jb Rik, at the risk of being crude, why did Mark David Chapman pick John? He was the wrong guy!!!
12-18-02 01:54 PM
sasca
quote:
egon wrote:
it was all yoko's doing.
she was the one that made ringo sing yellow sub as well

evil

Yoko's songs on Milk and Honey are excellent.
12-18-02 01:54 PM
Moonisup well that would be a story that is always told to stonesfans by beatlefans!!
I think the stones would have found a lable easily
12-18-02 01:56 PM
sasca True. It was still good of him.
12-18-02 01:56 PM
nankerphelge sandrew -- I don't know that she would have standing to sue. Generally there are 2 copyrights at issue with any song -- there is the musical composition copyright (the notes and lyrics written by Lennon/Mc) and the sound recording -- the actual tune as played by the Beatles. I believe that MJ only owns rights to the latter and I suspect Mc and Ono have the rights to the former (although I don't know that, but normally that would be the case).

Seems to me though that even if she has standing somehow as a co-owner of the music comp copyright -- I know of no requirement that the authorship be listed in a certain way.

Talk about petty -- this whole thing just stinks of egos gone wild...
12-18-02 01:57 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
we should give them all credit for beaking up!!!! That was the best thing the beatles ever did

yes well spoken
12-18-02 01:57 PM
egon sasca,
the only thing that sticks in my mind is the song
whole lotta yoko (as from 1.28min) from r&r circus

a whole lotta yoko indeed!
[Edited by egon]
12-18-02 01:59 PM
Moonisup that song made my cat running wild around he thought that there was a little kitty around who wanted to get fucked
12-18-02 02:00 PM
sasca Not her finest hour, no. Or John's.
12-18-02 02:01 PM
sandrew Nanker, thanks for the help. I'm working on a story about this for the Wash Times ....
12-18-02 02:04 PM
sandrew Nanky, if you want to speak on the record, shoot me an email at [email protected].
12-18-02 02:10 PM
jb Sandrew...please identify your column so I can read it...thanks...by the way, doers that prick Robert Novack write for the times?
12-18-02 02:14 PM
sandrew Novak's flagship is the Chicago Sun-Times. The Wash Times may carry his syndicated column, but I don't think so. Come to think, the Washington Post does. He is a bit of a bastard, isn't he...
12-18-02 02:14 PM
nankerphelge "Sources familiar with copyright law have verified that indeed, McCartney is an asshole"
12-18-02 02:15 PM
jb What about my common law c/a nanker....remember, I am only an ambulance chaser but did practice commercial litigation for 8 years!!!
12-18-02 02:22 PM
Joey Greed is Good !!!!!

Josh , I love the new Avatar ........

Who's the beautiful woman ?????? She looks familiar !

{{{{ CA - RACK }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Another Grand Slam for the Joey

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOESKEE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
12-18-02 02:25 PM
jb Thank you Joey.....that is the lovely Mrs. Debbie..JB's loving, loyal, money grubbing spouse...
12-18-02 02:31 PM
Joey " Thank you Joey.....that is the lovely Mrs. Debbie..JB's loving, loyal, money grubbing spouse...
"

Well , you are a very lucky man Josh . I expect to buy both of you a drink at the " Purple Martini " in Denver , CO Saturday evening Feb . 1st when we all see the Rolling Stones together with Nanky . Maxy , Gypsy , Keno , Steelie ...etc .

J.
12-18-02 02:34 PM
sirmoonie Common law copyright is pre-empted by federal legislation.

Let me know if you don't know what "pre-empted" means.
12-18-02 02:34 PM
Mother baby
quote:
egon wrote:
couldn't give a flying fuck about who they credit 1st

Well I guess Paul does.
12-18-02 02:36 PM
nankerphelge Ooooh I love it when the talk turns to legal matters.
I am all wet now.
12-18-02 02:37 PM
Mother baby
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
sandrew -- I don't know that she would have standing to sue. Generally there are 2 copyrights at issue with any song -- there is the musical composition copyright (the notes and lyrics written by Lennon/Mc) and the sound recording -- the actual tune as played by the Beatles. I believe that MJ only owns rights to the latter and I suspect Mc and Ono have the rights to the former (although I don't know that, but normally that would be the case).

Seems to me though that even if she has standing somehow as a co-owner of the music comp copyright -- I know of no requirement that the authorship be listed in a certain way.

Talk about petty -- this whole thing just stinks of egos gone wild...

OK. What's the law on public domain?

12-18-02 02:37 PM
Joey So is my I. P. S . ( Inflatable Party Sheep )

{{{{{{{{{{{ J . Fly Boy }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-18-02 02:42 PM
Mother baby
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
-- this whole thing just stinks of egos gone wild...

Yeah...Paul's. Pull gun...blow off foot.
12-18-02 02:44 PM
nankerphelge A "public domain" work just means that a given work is not protected -- either was never copyrighted or couldn't be copyrighted (ie government works) or was copyrighted but the copyright expired.

12-18-02 02:45 PM
jb Nanker, who you gonna bill this to?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5