ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy Birthday Keef!
Header with thanks to sssoul!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The real talent in The Rolling Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
11th December 2007 02:39 AM
zooeyglass Could you please explain how civilization will mature and better itself without any hang ups about a supreme being?

Or do you just know you're "right" and have "faith" in your "beliefs" without any concrete "evidence" to support them?

I'm really curious because it's seeming very much as if belief in no God can be just as dogmatic as belief in religion.
[Edited by zooeyglass]
11th December 2007 03:09 AM
pdog
quote:
the good wrote:

The idea of a supreme being, independent of any religious dogma is, in and of itself, harmful because it keeps humanity in a child like state.

You are using a term supreme, which is your term, not mine.
God to me, isn't a taco, all supreme and covered in sour creme.
you're not really very bright, especially using a term like independent of, after you use your made up version of god.
Despite, how is me, saying take away the obsession to smoke a cigarette hurtful. and who is anyone to question that personal act of fasilth? And if it worked, who gives a fuck. No need to debate god, who doesn't exist, and helped my kick cigaretttes. I'll jut watch you get all bent over it, and laugh my ass off...
This entire debate is based on religion, and religous dogma, and bullshit regarding that...
Be nice, help other... I don't ned god or religion for that... I needed god to quit smoking! Even thoug, there's no god... Hahahhaaha.
[Edited by pdog]
11th December 2007 07:30 AM
Sioux
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

I'm really curious because it's seeming very much as if belief in no God can be just as dogmatic as belief in religion.
[Edited by zooeyglass]

This is very, very true. As human beings, we are "designed"
or "developed" or whatever your belief system is, to
worship something. Or someone. We all have faith in
something or another. We excercise this faith every day.
I have faith that when I sit in a chair, it will hold me
and not break. And yes, one can be very dogmatic in one's
beliefs that there is no God.

I think it's WAY more far fetched to think that everything
started with a "bang" and we went from single celled
organisms to the intelligent, only-beings-with-an-eternal-
soul organisms by chance and macro evolution. It actually
makes much more sense to believe that Someone created all
that we see, since there is such order to the universe
and such complication to the human essence.

And I love the points that posters here are making about
the many scientists nowadays who are accepting the fact
that they DO believe that a God exists. It's just too
hard to erase Him out of the picture.
11th December 2007 07:33 AM
Sioux
quote:
the good wrote:

So much wisdom here.

Um, this is the complete opposite of what you have been
saying to me. No tolerance from you. I'm confused.
11th December 2007 07:35 AM
Sioux
quote:
the good wrote:

Dude, what is so vitriolic about what I said? I forcefully stated my opinions.

Lol, this is the first time I think I've been called Dude...
11th December 2007 10:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Let me get this straight, ... a thread entitled "the real talent in the rolling Stones" turns into an arguement/discussion on the existence or lack thereof of God. Somehow I feel disconnected....
11th December 2007 10:25 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Let me get this straight, ... a thread entitled "the real talent in the rolling Stones" turns into an arguement/discussion on the existence or lack thereof of God. Somehow I feel disconnected....

I guess it is better than another "Led Zeppelin is the greatest thing to ever touch my life" post.

I dislike Politics and Religion on this board as well as all it does is let blowhards try and intimidate from a keyboard while being ignorant to the fact that they are not going to be able to change anyones mind on a message board no matter how hard they try.
11th December 2007 10:32 AM
JohnLeeHacker
quote:
Let me get this straight, ... a thread entitled "the real talent in the rolling Stones" turns into an arguement/discussion on the existence or lack thereof of God. Somehow I feel disconnected....

Maybe they think talent comes from God.
11th December 2007 10:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]voodoopug wrote:
>I guess it is better than another "Led Zeppelin is the greatest thing to ever touch my life" post.<

I don't think anyone posted such a thing. If so I missed it.

>I dislike Politics and Religion on this board as well as all it does is let blowhards try and intimidate from a keyboard while being ignorant to the fact that they are not going to be able to change anyones mind on a message board no matter how hard they try.<

I don't care if people spout off about religion or politics on the boards. The free flow of ideas is more important than staying "on topic", IMO.

11th December 2007 10:52 AM
voodoopug
quote:
[quote]voodoopug wrote:
>I guess it is better than another "Led Zeppelin is the greatest thing to ever touch my life" post.<

I don't think anyone posted such a thing. If so I missed it.

>I dislike Politics and Religion on this board as well as all it does is let blowhards try and intimidate from a keyboard while being ignorant to the fact that they are not going to be able to change anyones mind on a message board no matter how hard they try.<

I don't care if people spout off about religion or politics on the boards. The free flow of ideas is more important than staying "on topic", IMO.

Discussions of Religion and Politics are completely ridiculous on a Stones Message Board. All they do is incite anger and bore 99% of the board members. THere are plenty of these type of boards (also LZ fansites I am sure) that would be a better forum.

Whilst, I agree with the concept of free flowing ideas, it should be kept within the realm of good natured humor and/or Rolling Stones discussion when on a RS message board, no?
11th December 2007 10:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Anyway.
The Stones are a collective....the sum being greater than the sum total of the parts. A band. Everyone knows that. It's been said a million times.
11th December 2007 10:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >Whilst, I agree with the concept of free flowing ideas, it should be kept within the realm of good natured humor and/or Rolling Stones discussion when on a RS message board, no?<

No. That's a recipe for sterility.

11th December 2007 11:01 AM
voodoopug
quote:
>Whilst, I agree with the concept of free flowing ideas, it should be kept within the realm of good natured humor and/or Rolling Stones discussion when on a RS message board, no?<

No. That's a recipe for sterility.

I hardly think that the active posters here have ever been accused of keeping it sterile.

Agree to disagree my friend.
11th December 2007 11:06 AM
Shmoey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I hardly think that the active posters here have ever been accused of keeping it sterile.

11th December 2007 11:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Of course not. They're not sticking to your formula.
11th December 2007 11:16 AM
voodoopug
quote:

Of course not. They're not sticking to your formula.

My formula is the same as yours, just without the politics and religion.....and Led Zep
11th December 2007 11:18 AM
andrews27 I believe in a Supreme Pizza.

Where's the Zep show thread?

[Edited by andrews27]
11th December 2007 11:23 AM
Some Guy
11th December 2007 11:25 AM
voodoopug
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
I believe in a Supreme Pizza.

Where's the Zep show thread?

[Edited by andrews27]

find the pile of vomit....its right next to that.
11th December 2007 11:25 AM
Some Guy
11th December 2007 11:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
I believe in a Supreme Pizza.

11th December 2007 11:28 AM
Some Guy
11th December 2007 11:30 AM
Some Guy
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
My formula is the same as yours,

Not exactly. Your formula tends to leave a bad after- taste in the mouth. To say nothing about the gas build up.
Riffhard
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I guess it is better than another "Led Zeppelin is the greatest thing to ever touch my life" post.

I dislike Politics and Religion on this board as well as all it does is let blowhards try and intimidate from a keyboard while being ignorant to the fact that they are not going to be able to change anyones mind on a message board no matter how hard they try.

You know puggy this trite little nothingness of a post is amusing to me. I love the way you have thrown around the term "blowhards". I, rightfully, take exception with that description. You've a lot of nerve considering some of the self absorbed shite I've seen you post. There is a reason that some of us like to discuss topics that take a little more brain power than the typical banal shit that some here come up with-gross,Jacob Cohl,greeting or not greeting,etc.

There is a reason that I like to discuss other things that interest me besides the Stones on this board. It is because the people on this board, by and large, are people that I have known for quite some time and I enjoy the back and forth of a spirited debate that actually takes brain power, and yes, critical thinking. I like these topics because I enjoy the people here, and know that the "preaching to the choir" about the Stones only holds interest for so long. At least to me.

While my views may not ever change someone else's view, at least I can get a better idea of why some folks think the way they do. I never try and get personal with my views, and rarely do these little side debates get nasty from my perspective. There are exceptions(see-FPM). Some people just can't have a thoughtful debate without getting nasty about it (see-FPM). I have endeavored to never go that route. I am passionate about my beliefs, and I enjoy the back and forth of debate as much as the next guy or gal.

If you don't like to take part in them then just ignore them. Lord knows I find myself ignoring a lot of the immature crap that some people post here.

Riffy
11th December 2007 11:34 AM
the good
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
Could you please explain how civilization will mature and better itself without any hang ups about a supreme being?

Or do you just know you're "right" and have "faith" in your "beliefs" without any concrete "evidence" to support them?

[Edited by zooeyglass]

The Israeli palestinian issue could be solved in a split second if it weren't for the religious nutcases on both sides. 3000 American's wouldn't have died on 911. The Pope wouldn't be against distributing condoms in africa because as bad as aids is, contraception is worse. Shall I keep going?

I don't think your very curious at all. Your arguments are based on the most superficial understanding of these issues, and when challenged on the "points" that you raise you simply bring up another irrelevant one.
11th December 2007 11:35 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

You know puggy this trite little nothingness of a post is amusing to me. I love the way you have thrown around the term "blowhards". I, rightfully, take exception with that description. You've a lot of nerve considering some of the self absorbed shite I've seen you post. There is a reason that some of us like to discuss topics that take a little more brain power than the typical banal shit that some here come up with-gross,Jacob Cohl,greeting or not greeting,etc.

Riffy

I heeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrdddddd dat!

11th December 2007 11:39 AM
the good
quote:
pdog wrote:

You are using a term supreme, which is your term, not mine.
God to me, isn't a taco, all supreme and covered in sour creme.
you're not really very bright, especially using a term like independent of, after you use your made up version of god.
Despite, how is me, saying take away the obsession to smoke a cigarette hurtful. and who is anyone to question that personal act of fasilth? And if it worked, who gives a fuck. No need to debate god, who doesn't exist, and helped my kick cigaretttes. I'll jut watch you get all bent over it, and laugh my ass off...
This entire debate is based on religion, and religous dogma, and bullshit regarding that...
Be nice, help other... I don't ned god or religion for that... I needed god to quit smoking! Even thoug, there's no god... Hahahhaaha.
[Edited by pdog]

Pdog, you may not care if something is true or not. But serious people do.
11th December 2007 11:40 AM
Some Guy
11th December 2007 11:41 AM
Some Guy Best Keef yet!-

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)