ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy Birthday Keef!
Header with thanks to sssoul!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The real talent in The Rolling Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
11th December 2007 02:51 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

God is gonna punish you...and I'm gonna laugh...oh good lawd hows I'm gonna laugh

Gonna get all Old Testament on me is he? Scary stuff!
11th December 2007 02:53 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
When Moonie posts about God, he reminds of some of the SF street preachers, who by the way, are fucking nuts.

Now this might be what has freaked our friend, the good!

That guy know his way around Job pretty well, which is impressive since The Book of Job is tedious as all hell.

I'm confused what he's saying on darkness being immobile, though. Dark doesn't move? WTF? I never read that anywhere in the Bible. If that was true, someone would have written it down a long time ago.
11th December 2007 03:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Gonna get all Old Testament on me is he? Scary stuff!

"Old Testament"???...How you sounding?...This will all be handled Stan Lee style...God'll hit you with a "BLAM", "WHAM", you're toofless....and then you say goddamn God's roofless

11th December 2007 03:19 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

"God'll hit you with a "BLAM", "WHAM", you're toofless....and then you say goddamn God's roofless"

I'm confused. I thought that Christians in this world follow an "ideology than lends itself to someone being, in essence, a "decent person." You make God sound like a "lawless fuckhead on the other team".
11th December 2007 03:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I'm confused. I thought that Christians in this world follow an "ideology than lends itself to someone being, in essence, a "decent person." You make God sound like a "lawless fuckhead on the other team".

Fij....be careful, I am sensing a beat down not in your favor here?
11th December 2007 03:40 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
Moonie, how can I understand this stuff you ost. I spent years reading youe Eagles hate, only to have you sing along to an Eagles song, in front of me. You understand, this is some form of internet child abuse.

God is very, very difficult to understand. But I was exposed to all of this at a very young age, so I get it better than damn near anyone.

For example, the Curse of Ham arose because Ham got drunk and looked upon his father's (Noah) nakedness, and Noah (acting as god's agent) turned Ham's son Caanan into a black guy, instantly changing his melanin levels, and other features and characteristics normally associated with being black. See Moses 7:8 ".....and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people."

This stuff happened a hell of a long time ago, and it came to pass that it was written down.
11th December 2007 03:40 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Fij....be careful, I am sensing a beat down not in your favor here?

What you're sensing is someone who has failed to read what I have written and is making assumptions of me convenient for his canned talking points...It is one of the many perils of engaging this type...
11th December 2007 03:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

What you're sensing is someone who has failed to read what I have written and is making assumptions of me convenient for his canned talking points...It is one of the many perils of engaging this type...

well said.
11th December 2007 03:44 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Sioux wrote:

Lol, this is the first time I think I've been called Dude...

Sorry, Sioux, only one person can be called Dude:

And if you ever want to consider a new religion:

http://www.dudeism.com/

11th December 2007 03:56 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Christians in this world , IMO, do follow an ideology that lends them to being decent people...you disagree with that?...really?...answer that question

God is vindictive...when the circumstances warrant...at least as he/she is portrayed as such by the "Christians in this world"...and since he/she (God) makes the laws, then I suppose he/she is whatever he/she wants to be...vindictive...but a lawless fuckhead?...more of an enforcer...judge if you will...he/she can do that...that's what makes them God...no one's going to adhere to a religion for thousands of years when there is no punishment for wrongdoing...that's just crazy...you question the value of religion in a time, place, and comfort that religion itself help bring about...which is easy to do...I would like to see you raise your questions in a time, place and comfort that was not brought about by religion...but I'm not aware of any place like that

BOO!

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
11th December 2007 04:03 PM
Joey " Christians in this world , IMO, do follow an ideology that lends them to being decent people...you disagree with that?... "

**** {{{ Young Joey Now giggling to himself }}} *****
11th December 2007 04:53 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Christians in this world , IMO, do follow an ideology that lends them to being decent people...you disagree with that?...really?...answer that question

God is vindictive...when the circumstances warrant...at least as he/she is portrayed as such by the "Christians in this world"...and since he/she (God) makes the laws, then I suppose he/she is whatever he/she wants to be...vindictive...but a lawless fuckhead?...more of an enforcer...judge if you will...he/she can do that...that's what makes them God...no one's going to adhere to a religion for thousands of years when there is no punishment for wrongdoing...that's just crazy...you question the value of religion in a time, place, and comfort that religion itself help bring about...which is easy to do...I would like to see you raise your questions in a time, place and comfort that was not brought about by religion...but I'm not aware of any place like that

BOO!

Last I heard this began as a conversation about the Mets. I have purposefully stayed out of the theology discussion. OUR conversation went from the METS to somehow me being paddled by God and then having my teeth knocked out by God. In my understanding, this was your interpretation of God metting out punishment(for what I don't know). Your thoughts expressing your theological beliefs a few hours ago seemed to be in disparity to your latter posts in which I was to expect the wrath of God.

If you want to discuss my religious beliefs we can do that to. I just thought this started with Mookie.
11th December 2007 04:53 PM
sirmoonie According to Genesis, god told Abraham to circumcise his foreskin, and the foreskins of his family, and the foreskins of his people. If not, the uncircumcized with be cast out of the house, until they came back circumcized. In fact, god loved the world so much he circumsized his own son, Jesus Christ, during his eighth day on Earth (hence the old saying on New Years "who's image you in now?"). See Luke 2:21.
11th December 2007 05:12 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

BOO!

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

We have different Gods, you and I.
11th December 2007 05:17 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

God is very, very difficult to understand. But I was exposed to all of this at a very young age, so I get it better than damn near anyone.

For example, the Curse of Ham arose because Ham got drunk and looked upon his father's (Noah) nakedness, and Noah (acting as god's agent) turned Ham's son Caanan into a black guy, instantly changing his melanin levels, and other features and characteristics normally associated with being black. See Moses 7:8 ".....and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people."

This stuff happened a hell of a long time ago, and it came to pass that it was written down.

you don't have to convince me how fucked up the bible is, dude, there's nothing about Dinosaurs.

11th December 2007 05:24 PM
guitarman53 Never argue with crazed religious people, case in point.
http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/284350
TheStar.com | GTA | Dad charged in teen's death
11th December 2007 05:33 PM
Joey " Never argue with crazed religious people .. "

W- What ?! :

Artist: Paul McCartney
Title: Calico Skies

" It was written that I would love you
From the moment I opened my eyes
And the morning when I first saw you
Gave me life under calico skies.

I will hold you for as long as you like
Ill hold you for the rest of my life

Always looking for ways to love you
Never failing to fight at your side
While the angels of love protect us
From the innermost secrets we hide

Ill hold you for as long as you like

Long live all of us were crazy soldiers who
Were born under calico skies
May we never be called to handle
All the weapons of war we despise

Ill love you for the rest of my...
For the rest of my life "

http://lyrics.astraweb.com/displayp.cgi?f=paul_mccartney..unknown..calico_skies

11th December 2007 06:20 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Last I heard this began as a conversation about the Mets. I have purposefully stayed out of the theology discussion. OUR conversation went from the METS to somehow me being paddled by God and then having my teeth knocked out by God. In my understanding, this was your interpretation of God metting out punishment(for what I don't know). Your thoughts expressing your theological beliefs a few hours ago seemed to be in disparity to your latter posts in which I was to expect the wrath of God.

If you want to discuss my religious beliefs we can do that to. I just thought this started with Mookie.

The paddling pic was a joke...I think most people got that...and I have no theology...I made that clear from the outset...my point was I don't see a whole lotta value in discounting others religious beliefs just because you think you can or in pointing out obvious shortcomings inherent in any religion...there's little value in it unless there is a better alternative suggested that doesn't involve religion...jokes are fine, but seriously debating the value of orgainized religion, even the fucked up ones, is a waste of time...the value in their existence far outweighs their shortcomings...our existence on this planet is all the proof you need in that regard...I don't really care what your religious beliefs are....you either are or you're not religious...no need to discuss them...I was just making a point and I thought you were injecting yourself into the conversation...if not, then my apologies...if you were...too bad...I've grown tired of talking about it

As for Mookie...well...I actually know where he IS...my question is "where is he"?...subtle difference

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
11th December 2007 09:25 PM
Sioux
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

Sorry, Sioux, only one person can be called Dude:

And if you ever want to consider a new religion:

http://www.dudeism.com/

Dude, I had no idea that "dude" applied to both sexes.
Guess I'm a dude, then.

11th December 2007 11:13 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:

you don't have to convince me how fucked up the bible is, dude, there's nothing about Dinosaurs.

That's what the liberal media wants you to believe!

Please check my Leviathan posts above. And I haven't even started on the dinosaurical evidence in Revelations. It says what it says. It is what it is. And that is what it says. It came to pass that it was written.

And now, enter once again, god's version of a real pit bull.......The Leviathan.
11th December 2007 11:24 PM
the good
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

you make a lot of assumptions, from a historical standpoint, of men and women and their ability to govern themselves, be kind, be civil, and co-exist in relative peace in the absence of religion...obvious historical exceptions aside, monotheism has served mankind far better in the collective than has atheism and anarchy

In the past, religion represented an attempt to explain a world that was very confusing and frightening to ignorant people. So it did serve a function as an attmpt to explain the world when other methods were lacking. But other, and better methods are available now.

And, while it may have pacified people in the past, it also served as a source of conflict. You can cite examples of where it promoted peace, and examples where it promoted war. So that line of argument, in my view, is going to be pretty much a wash. Which is exactly what you would expect if there was no devine spark present in it, and it originated from human nature, with all of its good and bad qualities.

And even if it did serve some limited purpose in the past, my entire point is that its keeping us in the primitive childhood of our species. And as the Stones once said, you gotta move on.
[Edited by the good]
[Edited by the good]
11th December 2007 11:50 PM
the good
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I'm curious as to where you think your sense of right and wrong, your sense of "charity", or any other decent principle you contend you have comes from...Godless and religionless as you seem to think you are, you aren't...it was learned behavior...and I can all but guarantee you that it did not come to find you by Godless people...so whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, a large part of your ethics come from the same type of people you now insult...the only principles you choose to ignore, the only ones that separate you from "those people", are the ones that interfere, as "they" would say, with your hedonistic sense of self...which is why "they" would tell you that you'll probably burn in hell...but no worries...cause you don't really believe in it anyway...so go about your business..."they" preach of God no more than I see you here preaching of his non-existence...so you really have no beef...you have become exactly what you think it is you disagree with

Feejus

I don't agree with that analysis. First of all, moral behavior does not rely upon any religious training. Let's take the so called "Golden Rule." This is something most children understand by the time they are three or four. Its just basic common sense. And I don't believe that it originated with Jesus. Even other primate species seem to recognize the idea of being kind so that others will be kind to you.

People take the argument (I'm not accusing you of this) that religion produced human morality to amazing lengths. I even heard Dinesh De Souza claim that altruism originated with the story of the good samaritan. Nonsense. Altrusim is present in many animal species, and has been studied extensively in non human primates.

I don't think I'm preaching at all. I hope I'm not, because I find it so irritating when others do it. I really just made an off the cuff comment about a post Brian's girl made and here we are. But whatever. I enjoy the debate.
12th December 2007 12:09 AM
sirmoonie This thread is exemplar of The Great Apostasy I correctly predicted here 7 years ago. Only a non-believer could doubt my truth.
12th December 2007 12:48 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
This thread is exemplar of The Great Apostasy I correctly predicted here 7 years ago. Only a non-believer could doubt my truth.

you are the only over 30 I know, who can still drop acid and maintain.
12th December 2007 09:54 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
the good wrote:

I don't agree with that analysis. First of all, moral behavior does not rely upon any religious training. Let's take the so called "Golden Rule." This is something most children understand by the time they are three or four. Its just basic common sense. And I don't believe that it originated with Jesus. Even other primate species seem to recognize the idea of being kind so that others will be kind to you.

People take the argument (I'm not accusing you of this) that religion produced human morality to amazing lengths. I even heard Dinesh De Souza claim that altruism originated with the story of the good samaritan. Nonsense. Altrusim is present in many animal species, and has been studied extensively in non human primates.

I don't think I'm preaching at all. I hope I'm not, because I find it so irritating when others do it. I really just made an off the cuff comment about a post Brian's girl made and here we are. But whatever. I enjoy the debate.

I don't think religion produced morality either, but I have heard a lot of religious people denounce athiesm using the line of reasoning that without religion there is nothing to keep people from acting immoral, killing, raping, pillaging, dancing (for Methodists, as I was raised) etc. I believe this to be a completely baseless argument. I do think it says a lot about the morality of the people that use it though.
12th December 2007 09:57 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
the good wrote:

The Israeli palestinian issue could be solved in a split second if it weren't for the religious nutcases on both sides. 3000 American's wouldn't have died on 911.

It runs far deeper than religion, I am afraid.
12th December 2007 09:59 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I guess it is better than another "Led Zeppelin is the greatest thing to ever touch my life" post.

I dislike Politics and Religion on this board as well as all it does is let blowhards try and intimidate from a keyboard while being ignorant to the fact that they are not going to be able to change anyones mind on a message board no matter how hard they try.

Right, we need to get back to our roots, as the Stones did on Beggars Banquet. We shoud promptly return to posting about how much money we make, our bowel movements, and Paris Hilton.
12th December 2007 11:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

Right, we need to get back to our roots, as the Stones did on Beggars Banquet. We shoud promptly return to posting about how much money we make, our bowel movements, and Paris Hilton.

12th December 2007 11:48 AM
Fiji Joe
12th December 2007 01:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)