ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy Birthday Keef!
Header with thanks to sssoul!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The real talent in The Rolling Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
8th December 2007 10:44 PM
guitarman53 Is Charlie watts, from his introduction drumming in "Get Of Off My Cloud" to the present, his drumming is real rock "N'Roll, if something ever happened to him, The Stones would be over, as important as Jagger & Richards are, they would be lost without Charlie, The Stones would no longer be a band.
8th December 2007 11:53 PM
the good
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Is Charlie watts, from his introduction drumming in "Get Of Off My Cloud" to the present, his drumming is real rock "N'Roll, if something ever happened to him, The Stones would be over, as important as Jagger & Richards are, they would be lost without Charlie, The Stones would no longer be a band.

There is an annoying trend in rolling stones land these days to diminish Mick and Keith and build everybody else up. The classic example, of course, is the whining about Jones, and how he didn't get credit, blah blah blah. The whining about Taylor comes in a close second. Don't start whining about Watts. Dude is a great drummer and a cool cat. But he aint Mick or Keith.
[Edited by the good]
9th December 2007 05:50 AM
corgi37 Charlie is Charlie and indeed is a vital ingredient. But i think at this stage of the game, if Ronnie walked, or even (gulp!) Chuck, i think it would be all over.

I'm talking touring, not recording, as i dont think we'll get another record.
9th December 2007 11:35 AM
BriansBabe
quote:
the good wrote:
There is an annoying trend in rolling stones land these days to diminish Mick and Keith and build everybody else up. The classic example, of course, is the whining about Jones, and how he didn't get credit, blah blah blah. The whining about Taylor comes in a close second. Don't start whining about Watts. Dude is a great drummer and a cool cat. But he aint Mick or Keith.
[Edited by the good]

...and God is also a cool cat, but he aint Mick or Keith!!!
The only one who is whining here is YOU "the good"????
9th December 2007 05:09 PM
the good
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

...and God is also a cool cat, but he aint Mick or Keith!!!
The only one who is whining here is YOU "the good"????

How surprising that a Jones groupie would whine about the post.

PS -Wise up. There is no God.
9th December 2007 05:13 PM
Sioux
quote:
the good wrote:

That's the most disturbing post I've read here.
9th December 2007 05:15 PM
fireontheplatter if charlie were to drop dead tomorrow, i would bet my bottom dollar they would still do some shows.
absolutly no disrespect to the man...afterall mick, keith and woody are still alive.
i have heard keith richards say....no charlie no rolling stones, but at this point in the game i beg to differ.

just my 2 cents
9th December 2007 05:16 PM
the good
quote:
Sioux wrote:

I guess you find the truth disturbing.
9th December 2007 07:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
if charlie were to drop dead tomorrow, i would bet my bottom dollar they would still do some shows.
absolutly no disrespect to the man...afterall mick, keith and woody are still alive.
i have heard keith richards say....no charlie no rolling stones, but at this point in the game i beg to differ.

just my 2 cents

Michael Cohl (or possibly young Jacob "$$$$" Cohl) can always get a version of the Stones on the road.
9th December 2007 07:46 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Sioux wrote:

may I ask why?
9th December 2007 07:51 PM
Sioux
quote:
the good wrote:

I guess you find the truth disturbing.

Well, I don't want to get involved in a faith-based discussion with you. But I find it interesting that you have "the truth" about this.
9th December 2007 07:52 PM
Sioux
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

may I ask why?

Just breaks my heart, that's all....
9th December 2007 08:25 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
the good wrote:
How surprising that a Jones groupie would whine about the post.

Could that be that you know everything??? That Iīm a "Jones groupie" and if there is God or not???
Well, Iīm no "Jones groupie" but I love Brian (and the Stones) and I believe in God!!!
End off or amen, take what you want!!
9th December 2007 11:19 PM
Sioux Well said, BriansBabe....
[Edited by Sioux]
10th December 2007 12:14 AM
the good
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

Could that be that you know everything??? That Iīm a "Jones groupie" and if there is God or not???
Well, Iīm no "Jones groupie" but I love Brian (and the Stones) and I believe in God!!!
End off or amen, take what you want!!

No, I don't know everything. But one thing I do know is that belief in God is an illusion. And a dangerous one. You need only read the "sacred" books of the Jewish and Christian Bibles with a critical eye to realize how silly, neurotic, and man made religion is. You want a real laugh? Read the Koran.

And you love Brian? I guess some chicks really do get turned on by abusive men. Very sad.
[Edited by the good]
10th December 2007 03:43 AM
Ronnie Richards 1. Charlie kicks ass (in a gentlemanly sort of way)
2. Brian Jones was a wife-beating bastard
3. There is no god.
10th December 2007 10:42 AM
Riffhard The best bit of graffiti that I have ever read was on the wall of men's room at a dive bar in Athens,Georgia.

"God is dead-Frederick Nietzsche"
"Frederick Nietzsche is dead-God"

You guys can talk all the smack you want to about the value of Charlie compared to the other members of the band, but to even pretend that you have the slightest grasp on God or any kind of Higher Power is absurd. You know no more or less than anyone else period. Science has been on the side of a belief in God more and more lately. To make a blanket statement like "There is no God" just makes you look very small minded imho. It also is a very smug judgmental thing to say to others who may well feel completely differently than you do on this issue.

Riffy
10th December 2007 10:43 AM
speedfreakjive of course Charlie is god
10th December 2007 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Is Charlie watts, from his introduction drumming in "Get Of Off My Cloud" to the present, his drumming is real rock "N'Roll, if something ever happened to him, The Stones would be over, as important as Jagger & Richards are, they would be lost without Charlie, The Stones would no longer be a band.

Concur .

However , I really REALLY do believe that Mick Jagger could somehow handle the retirement of Charlie Watts from the band ....Keith could NOT !!!

Developing .................................

'kins . Est. 1999 and loved by everybody
10th December 2007 01:28 PM
Sioux
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The best bit of graffiti that I have ever read was on the wall of men's room at a dive bar in Athens,Georgia.

You guys can talk all the smack you want to about the value of Charlie compared to the other members of the band, but to even pretend that you have the slightest grasp on God or any kind of Higher Power is absurd. You know no more or less than anyone else period. Science has been on the side of a belief in God more and more lately. To make a blanket statement like "There is no God" just makes you look very small minded imho. It also is a very smug judgmental thing to say to others who may well feel completely differently than you do on this issue.

Riffy

Why, thank you, Riffy.... Nicely put.
10th December 2007 01:31 PM
Sioux
quote:
the good wrote:

No, I don't know everything. But one thing I do know is that belief in God is an illusion. And a dangerous one. You need only read the "sacred" books of the Jewish and Christian Bibles with a critical eye to realize how silly, neurotic, and man made religion is. You want a real laugh? Read the Koran.

And you love Brian? I guess some chicks really do get turned on by abusive men. Very sad.
[Edited by the good]

And, you know, I agree with you that most "religions" are man made. They invent their own gods and the rules they
will follow to get into Heaven or wherever they want to
end up. I call what I believe in a "religion" as it is not
a hobby or an occupation. But what I actually have is a
"relationship". And that relationship is not something
that you can disprove. {wink} Believe me, all religions
are NOT created equal. But I respect your having the right
to say what you have to say, so I hope that you can do the
same thing for me.

Oh, and I will wish you Happy Holidays as saying Merry
CHRISTmas would mean nothing to you....
10th December 2007 02:39 PM
the good
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The best bit of graffiti that I have ever read was on the wall of men's room at a dive bar in Athens,Georgia.

Riffy

Sorry Riffhard. But in my view religious people willingly suspend their critical thinking so they can believe in fairy tales. There may have been a creator (I think even this is unlikely) but the idea of a personal God simply does not withstand critical scrutiny. It is a manifestation of human wishes and fears. And you think I'm being smug and judgemental? Gee, it seems to me as if people who say not only do they know there is a God but claim to know what he thinks on any number of subject matters, and impose his divine revelation on others are the truly smug and arrogant ones among us.
10th December 2007 02:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sioux wrote:

And, you know, I agree with you that most "religions" are man made. They invent their own gods and the rules they
will follow to get into Heaven or wherever they want to
end up. I call what I believe in a "religion" as it is not
a hobby or an occupation. But what I actually have is a
"relationship". And that relationship is not something
that you can disprove. {wink} Believe me, all religions
are NOT created equal. But I respect your having the right
to say what you have to say, so I hope that you can do the
same thing for me.

Talking about religion is even less exciting than talking about Led Zeppelin!

10th December 2007 02:56 PM
the good
quote:
Sioux wrote:

Happy winter solstice would be the only truly accurate holiday greeting.

10th December 2007 03:29 PM
Riffhard
quote:
the good wrote:

Sorry Riffhard. But in my view religious people willingly suspend their critical thinking so they can believe in fairy tales. There may have been a creator (I think even this is unlikely) but the idea of a personal God simply does not withstand critical scrutiny. It is a manifestation of human wishes and fears. And you think I'm being smug and judgemental? Gee, it seems to me as if people who say not only do they know there is a God but claim to know what he thinks on any number of subject matters, and impose his divine revelation on others are the truly smug and arrogant ones among us.

Well good for you. I wish you luck with that. The fact that some of the greatest scientists of the last century and a half believed, and still do in Stephen Hawking's case, means nothing to you, huh? Einstein was by his own account a very religious man. Certainly you would not argue that these two geniuses are/were "suspending critical thinking"?

"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, I am a deeply religious man."-Albert Einstein

It would appear that even Einstein had the sense to never say never with regards to religion or the existence of God.

When you throw around terms like "fairy tales" when talking about someone's faith you are proving my point about your smug attitude. I find it strange that people would get all defensive and cringe at the thought of throwing around words like nigger,spic,chink,kike,etc. Those words are patently offensive to all decent people. Yet the arbitrary slamming of someone else's beliefs by referring to them as "fairy tales" seems perfectly fine by those with absolutely no faith. Seems more than a little bit smug to me. It seems downright arrogant.

If you don't believe in a God or higher power,etc. fine,but don't judge those that do. Because at the end of the day your understanding of this topic uses no more "critcal thinking" than those who do believe. It's really more of your own hunch than anything else. Even Einstein was wise enough to know that he didn't know it all. Those who claim that they do know it all are sadly mistaken. Critical thinking be damned.

Riffy

Riffy
10th December 2007 03:49 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

When you throw around terms like "fairy tales" when talking about someone's faith you are proving my point about your smug attitude. I find it strange that people would get all defensive and cringe at the thought of throwing around words like nigger,spic,chink,kike,etc. Those words are patently offensive to all decent people. Yet the arbitrary slamming of someone else's beliefs by referring to them as "fairy tales" seems perfectly fine by those with absolutely no faith.
Riffy

Good on ya Riffy! Now you can go after the smug bastards around here that denigrate Islam!
10th December 2007 03:52 PM
Blowey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Good on ya Riffy! Now you can go after the smug bastards around here that denigrate Islam!

Riffy is KING of KINGS!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th December 2007 04:00 PM
Dr Iff
quote:
the good wrote:
[Edited by the good]

Though I love Brian Jones, and something definitely died with him (maybe the 60s) I agree with this. It's obvious however by their solo work IMO that Keith is heart and soul of this band. Mick is killer, and to some extent, the muse. Charlie is one of the few white boys that understands the value of playing 'behind the beat', and therefore gives tha band a lot of it's hard hitting soul.

[Edited by Dr Iff]
10th December 2007 04:46 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
the good wrote:

[Edited by the good]

If I hate anything, then is it that, to be put in a drawer by people who donīt know me!!!!!

[Edited by BriansBabe]
10th December 2007 04:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

If I hate anything, then is it that, to be put it in a drawer by people who donīt know me!!!!!

If I hate anything, then it is:

The Beatles
U2
Led Zeppelin
Bon Jovi
Sebastian Bach
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)