ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy Birthday Keef!
Header with thanks to sssoul!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The real talent in The Rolling Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
11th December 2007 11:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

You know puggy this trite little nothingness of a post is amusing to me. I love the way you have thrown around the term "blowhards". I, rightfully, take exception with that description. You've a lot of nerve considering some of the self absorbed shite I've seen you post. There is a reason that some of us like to discuss topics that take a little more brain power than the typical banal shit that some here come up with-gross,Jacob Cohl,greeting or not greeting,etc.

There is a reason that I like to discuss other things that interest me besides the Stones on this board. It is because the people on this board, by and large, are people that I have known for quite some time and I enjoy the back and forth of a spirited debate that actually takes brain power, and yes, critical thinking. I like these topics because I enjoy the people here, and know that the "preaching to the choir" about the Stones only holds interest for so long. At least to me.

While my views may not ever change someone else's view, at least I can get a better idea of why some folks think the way they do. I never try and get personal with my views, and rarely do these little side debates get nasty from my perspective. There are exceptions(see-FPM). Some people just can't have a thoughtful debate without getting nasty about it (see-FPM). I have endeavored to never go that route. I am passionate about my beliefs, and I enjoy the back and forth of debate as much as the next guy or gal.

If you don't like to take part in them then just ignore them. Lord knows I find myself ignoring a lot of the immature crap that some people post here.

Riffy

I am glad to see that you prefer not to take things personal, I agree.

Many people use this board for different reasons. Whilst some use it to try and have intelligent discussions, others use it as an outlet from the stresses of reality.

I do assert that the political and religious discussion are innapropriate for a Stones message board because many (and rightfully so) take arguments against on their personal beliefs in a personal manner. I have always seen the political/spiritual arguments as a way of simply trying to bully others into altering their stance or belief. If you are in this for other reasons such as understanding the thoughts of others when different than yours, then I commend you. But please keep in mind, heated discussions on controversial topics over a faceless forum to me is simply actions of what I perceive as blow hards. We can agree to disagree.

I do not post here to prove my intelligence to anyone. I see the success I have attained and have nothing to prove to anyone.

As far as the immature posts, yes I agree, sometimes Fiji gets out of hand...

Cheers.
11th December 2007 11:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I heeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrdddddd dat!

11th December 2007 11:45 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
the good wrote:

The Israeli palestinian issue could be solved in a split second if it weren't for the religious nutcases on both sides. 3000 American's wouldn't have died on 911. The Pope wouldn't be against distributing condoms in africa because as bad as aids is, contraception is worse. Shall I keep going?

I don't think your very curious at all. Your arguments are based on the most superficial understanding of these issues, and when challenged on the "points" that you raise you simply bring up another irrelevant one.

It's highly likely that your ability to post this wouldn't "exist" without religion...any religion...you're looking at this issue in a very very modern way and assuming that all that came before you would have existed, or come into existence, without the pacifying effects of religion, any religion...this notion of "no God" and faith as an impediment to progress is relatively new...and certainly those thoughts did not allow for the advancement of mankind...I'm not religious by any means, but I certainly recognize its value in those that have faith...for most religions I think this is the case...you make a lot of assumptions, from a historical standpoint, of men and women and their ability to govern themselves, be kind, be civil, and co-exist in relative peace in the absence of religion...obvious historical exceptions aside, monotheism has served mankind far better in the collective than has atheism and anarchy
11th December 2007 11:46 AM
Some Guy
11th December 2007 11:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >..others use it as an outlet from the stresses of reality.<

11th December 2007 11:53 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>..others use it as an outlet from the stresses of reality.<

11th December 2007 12:19 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
the good wrote:

Belief in God, is, in my view, as harmful as religion.

I'm curious as to where you think your sense of right and wrong, your sense of "charity", or any other decent principle you contend you have comes from...Godless and religionless as you seem to think you are, you aren't...it was learned behavior...and I can all but guarantee you that it did not come to find you by Godless people...so whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, a large part of your ethics come from the same type of people you now insult...the only principles you choose to ignore, the only ones that separate you from "those people", are the ones that interfere, as "they" would say, with your hedonistic sense of self...which is why "they" would tell you that you'll probably burn in hell...but no worries...cause you don't really believe in it anyway...so go about your business..."they" preach of God no more than I see you here preaching of his non-existence...so you really have no beef...you have become exactly what you think it is you disagree with

Feejus
11th December 2007 12:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth....."
Genesis 1:1

As they say....they rest is history.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
11th December 2007 01:07 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth....."
Genesis 1:1

As they say....they rest is history.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

When the Rapture comes, there will hardly be anyone posting here at all.
11th December 2007 01:18 PM
Joey " When the Rapture comes, there will hardly be anyone posting here at all. "

11th December 2007 01:20 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:
" When the Rapture comes, there will hardly be anyone posting here at all. "

It will only be me and gypsy.
11th December 2007 01:21 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

It will only be me and gypsy.

Moonie ..........................

Isn't that a great picture of our Gypsy ?! ; ( circa summer 2002 ) .

11th December 2007 01:39 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Moonie ..........................

Isn't that a great picture of our Gypsy ?! ; ( circa summer 2002 ) .

Is that really her? Quite attractive.

Anyway, did you know that the Nephites - people who followed the prophet Nephi - moved from Israel to Central America, many of them in Roman-type chariots, circa 384 A.D. (many hundreds of years after black Jesus was killed by Jews and Italians), but the Nephi were unfortunately slaughtered at Cumorah because they ended up being wicked (lazy, sexed up, drunk, thievery, the usual wickedness).

I know this to be true because centuries later, a guy called Joseph Smith was told by the Angel Moroni, who was the son of the Angel Mormon, that golden plates were buried on Mormon hill in central New York. So he dug them up and read all that stuff about the Nephites. And now I'm passing the facts onto you. I'm like a conduit between god's word and my RO friends.
11th December 2007 01:44 PM
LadyJane
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Is that really her? Quite attractive.

NO.
It is NOT gypsy.
And speaking of gypsy I have NOT heard a word from her or seen a post since the Ice Storms hit Ok.
This concerns me.

gyps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phone Home.

LJ.
11th December 2007 01:52 PM
Sioux Figi Joe, Riffy, Ten Thousand Motels......thoughtful,
intelligent posting. Thank you.
11th December 2007 01:54 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

NO.
It is NOT gypsy.
And speaking of gypsy I have NOT heard a word from her or seen a post since the Ice Storms hit Ok.
This concerns me.

gyps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phone Home.

LJ.

Maybe she got Raptured.

Here is an artist's rendering of gypsy ascending to Heaven during Rapture.
11th December 2007 01:55 PM
pdog Many without power LJ. Is there a coincidence to the Republicans going all religous right now, and this thread doing the same.

I'm pretty sick of the narrow minded religous freaks, and the even moe narrowm inded anti- religous freaks.
Exile On Main St. is God, it is powerful, all kbowing and gets people through hard times. When things are good it keeps the spirits high and it's fun to gt loaded too. I suppose this is fucked up for humanity!!!

11th December 2007 02:05 PM
LadyJane I have JUST heard from gyps.
She is fine and has power but lots of downed trees. Quite a mess.

I take it Moonie is NOW a Mormon.

LJ.
11th December 2007 02:07 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Figi Joe, Riffy, Ten Thousand Motels......thoughtful,
intelligent posting. Thank you.

I never thought I would ever see this sentence formed in my life.
11th December 2007 02:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Many without power LJ. Is there a coincidence to the Republicans going all religous right now, and this thread doing the same.

I'm pretty sick of the narrow minded religous freaks, and the even moe narrowm inded anti- religous freaks.
Exile On Main St. is God, it is powerful, all kbowing and gets people through hard times. When things are good it keeps the spirits high and it's fun to gt loaded too. I suppose this is fucked up for humanity!!!

It's real simple...We shouldn't bitch about any ideology than lends itself to someone being, in essence, a "decent person", as our own peculiar society understands that term...there is no value, in a society of many, in dissuading someone of their belief that there is a higher accountability...not if that's the only thing that keeps them from being a thief, a murderer, a rapist and an all around asshole...I agree with you pdog as it relates to the vocalness of the "narrow minded religous freaks, and the even more narrow minded anti- religous freaks"...but truth be told, when forced to choose as to which I would tolerate for purposes of my own future and that of my children, my choice is easy...not that I enjoy it, but I'll take the bible thumping...too many lawless fuckheads on the other team
11th December 2007 02:09 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I never thought I would ever see this sentence formed in my life.

Only the inclusion of your name would have made it more bizarre...the Mets?...the fucking Mets!!!...Have you seen Mookie?
11th December 2007 02:14 PM
pdog my inclusion too, no?
11th December 2007 02:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
my inclusion too, no?

You're the founder of the club...the cool kids club

11th December 2007 02:23 PM
pdog flounder...
11th December 2007 02:28 PM
sirmoonie And yes it came to pass, as Job tells us (at 3:8), that those who curse days curse that day, those who are ready to rouse......The Leviathan.

This aposticular RO moment brought to you by Jahmoonie.
11th December 2007 02:37 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Have you seen Mookie?

Probably still flogging that dead horse of yours.
11th December 2007 02:39 PM
pdog When Moonie posts about God, he reminds of some of the SF street preachers, who by the way, are fucking nuts.

Now this might be what has freaked our friend, the good!

11th December 2007 02:43 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
And yes it came to pass, as Job tells us (at 3:8), that those who curse days curse that day, those who are ready to rouse......The Leviathan.

Damn, look at that thing. I'm telling you straight up, if Jonah had spent 3 nights in the Leviathan's belly instead of a giant whale, things would have gone down A LOT differently at Nineveh. SeeJonah 5:11.
11th December 2007 02:43 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Probably still flogging that dead horse of yours.

God is gonna punish you...and I'm gonna laugh...oh good lawd hows I'm gonna laugh

11th December 2007 02:45 PM
pdog Moonie, how can I understand this stuff you ost. I spent years reading youe Eagles hate, only to have you sing along to an Eagles song, in front of me. You understand, this is some form of internet child abuse.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)