ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 11 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
27th October 2007 08:52 PM
BriansBabe ...yes Sioux, the entire thread, with the brilliant photos of our dearly beloved Brian and the warm-hearted and good people here, who loves Brian as much deep as I do...this all means so much to me!!!!

...wanna say THANK YOU for that to you all!!!
Love, Alex
28th October 2007 01:39 AM
Olivia1962 hello hello

28th October 2007 02:06 AM
Sioux Hello, Olivia!
28th October 2007 02:26 AM
Olivia1962 Glad to be back home. Back in my zone. Great pictures. Always happy to see Brians face
28th October 2007 04:47 AM
zooeyglass Welcome home, Olivia.

We haven't met yet, nice to meet you...

28th October 2007 07:02 AM
Philip I have a request...

Do any of you Brian fans have the pictures that feature in the mid 69 Rolling Stone Brian tribute issue? The one with Brian at Monterey on the front. The inside article on Brian features some pics of him in the studio circa 1969 by Eric Hayes.

If anyone has that paper, I'd really appreciate it if you could scan and post those pics here.

28th October 2007 07:07 AM
stewed & Keefed
stewed & Keefed
stewed & Keefed
28th October 2007 02:11 PM
Sophia Graves hellooooo...greetings from sweden....i see i missed a bunch of pages as i barely have internet here...but its so good to see that more have joined us and that finallu peace is back again!!! love!
28th October 2007 02:17 PM
stewed & Keefed Hi Sophia xx
28th October 2007 02:36 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Hi Sophia xx

hi back!!! thanks for everything, s&k! and everyone else of course!

uh..i am sick...havent managed anything i wanted here in sweden yet....so i am forced to stay longer.
bronchitis and fever and all this crap...aaaaah. somebody save me!
28th October 2007 03:06 PM
Sioux Poor Sophia, I am so sorry.... I hope you can take care
of yourself and feel better soon. Yes, we have been busy
here with marvelous pictures of our Brian... Thanks Steve, those pix are wonderful! Thanks to Lisa and Philip and Alex and everyone else who posts pictures here...
28th October 2007 05:12 PM
GhostofBrianJones Hi Sophia! I am so sorry to hear you are so sick! I hope you will start to feel
better very soon!! I have a friend who is just getting over strep throat.

We do have a wonderful group of Brian fans here, and there is much love
friendship and concern among us all. This is what it is all about. Sharing
and talking about our dearly beloved Brian Jones.

I am still trying to find some more pictures we have not seen before.

LOVE TO S&K!!

Hi and Love to all my other BJ friends/fans here too!!
28th October 2007 05:36 PM
BriansBabe Hallo Sophia my dear friend, good to hear from you!!!

Some Brian for you, with that you will be healhty again faster ...

Btw, Brian was so sweet and let me read your lovely email ... lol ...Danke!!!

Take care and get well soon,
and many comforting hugs from Germany to Sweden , Alex
28th October 2007 06:13 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Philip wrote:
I have a request...

Do any of you Brian fans have the pictures that feature in the mid 69 Rolling Stone Brian tribute issue? The one with Brian at Monterey on the front. The inside article on Brian features some pics of him in the studio circa 1969 by Eric Hayes.

If anyone has that paper, I'd really appreciate it if you could scan and post those pics here.

Sorry, Philip, I don't -- I think these are from the Hayes 69 pics you're referring to, but I'm sure you've got them already.

28th October 2007 06:14 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:
hellooooo...greetings from sweden....i see i missed a bunch of pages as i barely have internet here...but its so good to see that more have joined us and that finallu peace is back again!!! love!

Hi to Sophia in Sweden -- hope you're feeling better soon!

28th October 2007 06:17 PM
zooeyglass And hi to all here who can't resist a man who wears high tops!

28th October 2007 06:45 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Olivia1962 wrote:
Glad to be back home. Back in my zone. Great pictures. Always happy to see Brians face

Good to hear from you again as well, dear Olivia!!!
Brians beautiful face for you :

28th October 2007 06:50 PM
Olivia1962 Hi zooeyglass and sioux. You both have been sharing great pictures

^ and thank you
28th October 2007 07:21 PM
LadyJane [quote]zooeyglass wrote:

Sorry, Philip, I don't -- I think these are from the Hayes 69 pics you're referring to, but I'm sure you've got them already.

Oh THIS gem is going into the Superblow thread.
I've been outed.
I'm a Keith girl.
Swoon.

LJ.
28th October 2007 07:54 PM
Philip
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

Yeah, that one is my scan. I have those and others, but there's one missing... and it appeared in the rolling stone issue No.39.
28th October 2007 08:48 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Philip wrote:

Yeah, that one is my scan. I have those and others, but there's one missing... and it appeared in the rolling stone issue No.39.

Oh, I'm somehow not surprised, my dear, I have another one of your scans I didn't bother to post as I knew it came from you! I'm sure it'll happen again and it's your own darn fault for posting such good pictures

Philip, though I failed in my mission, any chance you would consider sharing the other Hayes pics you have?
28th October 2007 08:52 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Olivia1962 wrote:
Hi zooeyglass and sioux. You both have been sharing great pictures

^ and thank you

Thanks, from what I've seen of the thread, so do you!
28th October 2007 09:54 PM
Sioux
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
[quote]zooeyglass wrote:

Oh THIS gem is going into the Superblow thread.
I've been outed.
I'm a Keith girl.
Swoon.

LJ.

Ha, Lady Jane, I knew from other threads that you were a
Keith girl... My high school boyfriend greatly resembled
Keith. He had such dark hair and eyes and I was so blonde..
Keith and Anita, I guess we were! lol
28th October 2007 10:28 PM
GhostofBrianJones I think I have them. I will see if I can send them if I can find them in the 3200+
pictures I have.

I am still trying to find those pictures of Keith I had a whole slough of them.
I don't think anyone here has seen them. Will keep trying.

29th October 2007 02:27 AM
zooeyglass Is he yawning or singing? I'm yawning, night all.

[Edited by zooeyglass]
29th October 2007 07:13 AM
Philip
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

Philip, though I failed in my mission, any chance you would consider sharing the other Hayes pics you have?

Probably for publicity reasons, various spring 1969 recording sessions were photographed. These photos usually get attributed to 1968 by mistake.

Eric Hayes spent two nights taking photos of the stones at work in Olympic Sound Studios.

There are photos from a 3rd session, not sure who the photographer was, which also include Brian. This session was used as the basis for the front cover of the rare Rolling Stones Promotional Album.

I'm sure you've seen these all before, but I just want to point out the different sessions. In no particular order...

Session a:

session b:

I believe all the pics from session a and b are by Eric Hayes. There is another pic from session b of Brian with a harmonica featured in Rolling Stone No.39.

session c: probably the earliest session of the 3

[Edited by Philip]
29th October 2007 10:44 AM
zooeyglass
quote:
Philip wrote:

Probably for publicity reasons, various spring 1969 recording sessions were photographed. These photos usually get attributed to 1968 by mistake.

Eric Hayes spent two nights taking photos of the stones at work in Olympic Sound Studios.

There are photos from a 3rd session, not sure who the photographer was, which also include Brian. This session was used as the basis for the front cover of the rare Rolling Stones Promotional Album.

Ah! Thanks for that -- I had the first shot and these that follow, but was never 100% sure they belonged in session a. I think the purple jacket/gold pants look of the Circus might cause that confusion.

29th October 2007 01:03 PM
GhostofBrianJones Excuse me I misunderstood which pictures you were talking about. I thought
you meant the ones from the Rolling Stone magazine. Sorry.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)