ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: YES ....... !!!! ( N.S.C. ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9th November 2006 01:09 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Even if these animals practice homosexuality, and even if it's for the same reasons as humans, what does this prove?...is this a validation of the same behavior in humans?...I saw a show the other day where the light orange monkeys were turning on the dark orange monkeys for no reason, according to the commentator, other than the monkeys were darker...and we all know the big dogs literally piss on the little dogs...not to mention the breeds of primates who fling their own feces when they're angry or excited...Is this a door you want to open?
[Edited by Fiji Joe]

The point is that your "laws of nature" argument is specious. Arguments based on slogans, cliches and appeals to so-called "common knowledge" which is mere prejudice and superstition are unworthy of trained minds. If you want to talk about the laws of nature, you should actually study the natural world. Take the bonobos, for instance, which engage in all sorts of sexual behavior, mostly non-reproductive, apparently to resolve conflict. Scientists observe that all bonobos, which are even more closely related to humans than chimpanzees, appear to be bisexual. If you want to cite a human behavior which is both destructive and violative of the laws of nature as exhibited BY nature--not to mention contrary to both individual and group self-interest--there is no better example than war.
9th November 2006 01:43 AM
pdog When did humans start having sex solely to reproduce!

9th November 2006 05:18 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
pdog wrote:
When did humans start having sex solely to reproduce!

October 25, 1917.
9th November 2006 05:26 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Well there are many more than just those dirty christians who disfavor gay marriage...it's overwhelmingly disfavored by Americans

.....and by Al-Qaida, nazis, and reactionary people everywhere...
9th November 2006 07:41 AM
Nellcote Just heard George Carlin, comedian, on Imus:

Imus: "Did you pay attention to the election"

Carlin: "Yes, my summary, Brand New Set Of Criminals"
9th November 2006 09:17 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Your BSG affinity is seriously jeapordizing your chances of being in the cool kids' club...but I guess you probably figured that out when discussing with your friends on the soccer team and at the dungeons and dragons convention

Hehe. I like to post BSG rules after Starbuck posts because I know he likes the show. When I was in the service stationed over in Germany, there was lots of D&D going on, but I never got it. I would probably be more likely to go to a Star Trek convention; never been, but it look like fun.

I thought being a Stone's freak already put me in the cool kids' club. I am living in a state of delusion.
9th November 2006 09:35 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Hehe. I like to post BSG rules after Starbuck posts because I know he likes the show. When I was in the service stationed over in Germany, there was lots of D&D going on, but I never got it. I would probably be more likely to go to a Star Trek convention; never been, but it look like fun.

I thought being a Stone's freak already put me in the cool kids' club. I am living in a state of delusion.

Answer me this...Do you have any Transformers toys?
9th November 2006 09:36 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:

.....and by Al-Qaida, nazis, and reactionary people everywhere...

yeah...pretty much everyone but gays themselves
9th November 2006 09:38 AM
WJ Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
9th November 2006 09:43 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

The point is that your "laws of nature" argument is specious. Arguments based on slogans, cliches and appeals to so-called "common knowledge" which is mere prejudice and superstition are unworthy of trained minds. If you want to talk about the laws of nature, you should actually study the natural world. Take the bonobos, for instance, which engage in all sorts of sexual behavior, mostly non-reproductive, apparently to resolve conflict. Scientists observe that all bonobos, which are even more closely related to humans than chimpanzees, appear to be bisexual. If you want to cite a human behavior which is both destructive and violative of the laws of nature as exhibited BY nature--not to mention contrary to both individual and group self-interest--there is no better example than war.

So...at one point to do recognize the differences between us and the animals and draw morals lines between what is and is not approprirate sex?...I mean we do that right?...We do not condone sex with children, or animals, or dead people?...Growing up, we had a cocker spaniel that would hump anything he could...any thing...crap, sometimes the damn dog would hump the air...just be sitting there pumping away...it would have been funny if it weren't someone else's dog

What's specious is you attaching meaning to animal sex other than their biologicial drive to procreate...You have absolutely no empirical proof to support this argument...it's all pretty much conjecture...I find it hard to believe they lack the ability to reason in all areas except their choices of sexual behavior
9th November 2006 09:50 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Answer me this...Do you have any Transformers toys?

No toys, no comic book collection, no Star Wars figures.

But, I do have the first 2 seasons of SG1 on DVD.
9th November 2006 09:53 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

No toys, no comic book collection, no Star Wars figures.

But, I do have the first 2 seasons of SG1 on DVD.

Ok...then you're in...but know this...possession of any Star Wars figure, even if it's Yoda, is grounds for immediate dismissal
9th November 2006 09:54 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Ok...then you're in...but know this...possession of any Star Wars figure, even if it's Yoda, is grounds for immediate dismissal

Noted! Woohoo, I knew someday my good looks would pay off.
9th November 2006 09:56 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Noted! Woohoo, I knew someday my good looks would pay off.

You need an avatar...try this one

9th November 2006 10:03 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You need an avatar...try this one

LOL, I will pass on that one, but I appretiate you looking out for me.
9th November 2006 10:08 AM
jb That wqas a shocking statemebnt by Bill Maher last night!!!!
9th November 2006 10:12 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
jb wrote:
That wqas a shocking statemebnt by Bill Maher last night!!!!

Most annoying person ever, but I will bite. What did Bill say?
9th November 2006 10:17 AM
jb
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Most annoying person ever, but I will bite. What did Bill say?

You didn't see it???
9th November 2006 10:21 AM
Fiji Joe Bill Maher is a zealot for the zionist cause...I am wary of anything he has to say
9th November 2006 10:28 AM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Bill Maher is a zealot for the zionist cause...I am wary of anything he has to say

What does Zionism have to do with this thread???
9th November 2006 10:32 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

What does Zionism have to do with this thread???

About as much as Bill Maher...
9th November 2006 10:33 AM
jb Bill Maher made a statement about one of the GOP leading players. It has nothing to do with zionism.
9th November 2006 10:34 AM
Joey

9th November 2006 10:39 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
Bill Maher made a statement about one of the GOP leading players. It has nothing to do with zionism.

There is at least one bright mind around here that will tell you that it all has to do with Zionism...lemme guess, the GOP leading player that was referred to was not jewish?

9th November 2006 10:45 AM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

There is at least one bright mind around here that will tell you that it all has to do with Zionism...lemme guess, the GOP leading player that was referred to was not jewish?

Ir has nothing to do with judaism.
[Edited by jb]
9th November 2006 10:57 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

Ir has nothing to do with juduism!!!!

I am shocked you were unable to spell that correctly...isn't there like classes you guys take to ensure stuff like that does not happen

But on a different note, you might appreciate this...Last night I bought a vintage Tissot...I've always wanted one like this but could never find the style...I found it pretty much by accident

This is not mine, but it looks like this
9th November 2006 11:06 AM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I am shocked you were unable to spell that correctly...isn't there like classes you guys take to ensure stuff like that does not happen

But on a different note, you might appreciate this...Last night I bought a vintage Tissot...I've always wanted one like this but could never find the style...I found it pretty much by accident

This is not mine, but it looks like this

http://www.tissot.ch/us/

Enjoy. A fine time piece is an extension of the man. I have a nice collection, including Patek Phillipe, Cartier, Panerai, Breitling, and my most prized possession, a 1930 rose- gold Tiffany.
9th November 2006 11:12 AM
Fiji Joe You'll have to post a pic of the Tiffany...yes extension of the man...I have over 200 watches which I suppose is a statement that I can't make up my mind...I don't have any of the class you referenced, but there are some that are very pricey and some that are not so much...I am more into taking old cruddy watches and fixing them and cleaning them up...what I find is that I am afraid to wear any of the fine watches for any extended period of time...I have a habit of breaking them...also, if it's not an anti-magnetic watch, it will not run when I wear it...strange but true
9th November 2006 11:16 AM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
You'll have to post a pic of the Tiffany...yes extension of the man...I have over 200 watches which I suppose is a statement that I can't make up my mind...I don't have any of the class you referenced, but there are some that are very pricey and some that are not so much...I am more into taking old cruddy watches and fixing them and cleaning them up...what I find is that I am afraid to wear any of the fine watches for any extended period of time...I have a habit of breaking them...also, if it's not an anti-magnetic watch, it will not run when I wear it...strange but true

I took the Tiffany to 'Tiffany's in NY and they brought me upstairs they were so excited, The band is shot, and they showed their jeweler to see if he could make something compatible....they currently are unable to do so.
[Edited by jb]
9th November 2006 11:18 AM
Joey " I took the Tiffany to 'Tiffany's in NY and they brought me upstairs they were so excited, The band is shot, and they showed their jeweler to see if he could make something compatible....they currently are unable to do so. "

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)