ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: YES ....... !!!! ( N.S.C. ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8th November 2006 02:29 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

"Pdog is a committed secular progressive who embraces San Francisco values. Those are: a massive federal government that dispenses entitlements paid for primarily by affluent Americans. That is called income redistribution, or the shorthand: "tax the rich." San Francisco values also seek to exclude spirituality from the public square but embrace displays like the Bay City's gay pride parade, where Christianity is often mocked and demeaned.

Now, I'm not saying Pdog is on board with that, but I am saying his city wants to ban military recruiting while setting up city-wide pot shops, and that San Francisco is now perhaps the most far-left city the United States has ever seen."

Marking you down in the "yes" column
8th November 2006 02:30 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

But would take issue with someone who did take issue?

Seriously, our Constitution grants people the persuit of happiness... I defend that... Which means i also defend the person who wants to beleive homosexuality is wrong. I just don't beleive any of this should be legislated or even discussed in our government. We defend the laws that protect people, we don't create laws to limit people from living a life they choose...
Protect, not restrict.
Open for debate, but people have the freedom to persue happiness, just not hurt others in the process. If you show me how a homosexual can ruin your life, then by all means, I'm listening!
8th November 2006 02:31 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Marking you down in the "yes" column

That was a joke! That decribes Pelosi, not me! As described by Bill O'Reilly btw!
8th November 2006 02:32 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
What about Dennis Hasterts' values being third in line from Presidency? Allegely covering up a predator for political survival..I'll take my chances with the very sexy 66 yr old Pelosi.

Shhh.... Let's not go ruining the victory party, by making sense too!
8th November 2006 02:34 PM
pdog Jesus and SF values... Ironically, they're the same!
Eeeek!

1) feed the hungry
2) provide shelter to the homeless
3) give comfort to the sick
4) expose hypocrisy and false gods
5) let people live free from persecution for their beliefs
8th November 2006 02:37 PM
WJ
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

But would take issue with someone who did take issue?

Take issue in what way? By yanking your kid out of his class? By trying to have him fired?
8th November 2006 02:39 PM
pdog I laugh at people who follow Jesus and Hate...
What next, Hippies for Hitler!!!
8th November 2006 02:40 PM
jb http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15615377/site/newsweek/>1=8707
8th November 2006 02:42 PM
pdog The House Of Reps shall now be called, from this day forth:
The Home Of The Nancy Boys!
8th November 2006 02:46 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
WJ wrote:

Take issue in what way? By yanking your kid out of his class? By trying to have him fired?

Sure...either option...or lesser options that you do not want to contemplate and that do not fit your store bought platitudes
8th November 2006 02:53 PM
WJ
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Sure...either option...or lesser options that you do not want to contemplate and that do not fit your store bought platitudes

For what reason? Do you think he's going to turn your son gay?

I could understand if the teacher was black; I wouldn't want my kid to start listening to rap and stealing cars.
8th November 2006 03:00 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
WJ wrote:

For what reason? Do you think he's going to turn your son gay?

I could understand if the teacher was black; I wouldn't want my kid to start listening to rap and stealing cars.

We're not talking about me...I'm just making a point

We're talking about the notion that one can accept homosexuality but apparently, one cannot deal with it on a level that is closer to tolerance, and not acceptance...there is a difference

What other lifestyles and life choices must I "accept"?...and who the hell gets to make up the parameters on these issues?
8th November 2006 03:02 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
The House Of Reps shall now be called, from this day forth:
The Home Of The Nancy Boys!

LOL!!!!!!
8th November 2006 03:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

We're not talking about me...I'm just making a point

We're talking about the notion that one can accept homosexuality but apparently, one cannot deal with it on a level that is closer to tolerance, and not acceptance...there is a difference

What other lifestyles and life choices must I "accept"?...and who the hell gets to make up the parameters on these issues?

They're not issues, unless you make them issues. You get to define those parameters for yourself.
You're coming from a premise that gay is a choice and a lifestyle. I don't see that. I see an American teacher. I'm more concerned with how well they teach my children, and how well they work with us parents to educate our children... By not having to waste time with "gay", I deal with what i see as important, Education and everything that goes with it, especially Our countries seemingly shallow pockets regarding how to educate the next generation.
8th November 2006 03:16 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I deal with what i see as important, Education and everything that goes with it, especially Our countries seemingly shallow pockets regarding how to educate the next generation.

Throwing money into education is not going to solve all the problems...it's not even going to solve most of the problems...unless that money is directed toward teacher salaries in the way of attracting brighter individuals and not just giving pay raises to the undergradute bottom feeders that comprise a large portion of public school educators today...there are a number of third-world countries whose students can out perform our students anyday...money, I don't think, is the issue

8th November 2006 03:23 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Throwing money into education is not going to solve all the problems...it's not even going to solve most of the problems...unless that money is directed toward teacher salaries in the way of attracting brighter individuals and not just giving pay raises to the undergradute bottom feeders that comprise a large portion of public school educators today...there are a number of third-world countries whose students can out perform our students anyday...money, I don't think, is the issue

Then gay is not the issue either. If you keep out qualified people b/c they're gay, you might end up with real idiots and people who actually are a threat to children! At least I know my childs teacher is open, and so I can trust them, b/c they are open about themselves, on all levels, not just sexuality. Peopelw ho are threats or just incompitent, they hide those flaws or dangers...
Throwing money around, as a Libertarian, I won't even listen to a Republican or Democrat complain about that. I'm about fiscal responsibilty in Govt. Which is why neither of those parties represent me!
[Edited by pdog]
8th November 2006 03:25 PM
Dick Bush Joykins,

I really don't want to spoil your joy, but that turdy Walker is still keeping the little, black nuke bag, and it aint good at all when a blithering idiot could use it whenever he wants. This creepy creature used to be very poignant, you know.

Sorry, but that's just the way it really is!
8th November 2006 03:25 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Not YOU!!! And not the other right wing yahoos who make this Nation's Founding Fathers spin in their graves.

Special Prosecutor!! NOW!!!!

8th November 2006 03:45 PM
Jaxx my issue with the same sex lifestyle validation, whether chosen or not (yeah, i believe there are folks that do choose, but certainly not all) is that sexuality is a private issue. i don't announce my heterosexuality in a gay bar and force the folks in there to deal with me and my date making out all over the place.

free to be, but i don't need to know if my kid's teacher, coach, scout leader is gay. if they are so be it, but don't broadcast it and don't take this opportunity to preach your lifestyle as an "alternative" lifestyle.

my children went with some friends to elitch gardens. no where posted outside did they say it was gay pride day. my kids and their friends and chaperone went in and were treated to queens, transvestites and same sex couples sleazing around flaunting their sexuality. when one of the bewildered 10 year olds stared at 2 men french kissing, she was greeted with, "what are you staring at honey?"
8th November 2006 03:48 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Then gay is not the issue either. If you keep out qualified people b/c they're gay, you might end up with real idiots and people who actually are a threat to children! At least I know my childs teacher is open, and so I can trust them, b/c they are open about themselves, on all levels, not just sexuality. Peopelw ho are threats or just incompitent, they hide those flaws or dangers...
Throwing money around, as a Libertarian, I won't even listen to a Republican or Democrat complain about that. I'm about fiscal responsibilty in Govt. Which is why neither of those parties represent me!
[Edited by pdog]

Who said gay was the issue?...what you said is that you would not take issue with your son's teacher being gay....and implied statement of acceptance, or at the least, tolerance...and I asked if you would take issue with someone who would take issue with said "gayness"...My personal opinion is you have to respect both positions...this is not one of those issues where there should be a universal view.
8th November 2006 03:50 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
my issue with the same sex lifestyle validation, whether chosen or not (yeah, i believe there are folks that do choose, but certainly not all) is that sexuality is a private issue. i don't announce my heterosexuality in a gay bar and force the folks in there to deal with me and my date making out all over the place.

free to be, but i don't need to know if my kid's teacher, coach, scout leader is gay. if they are so be it, but don't broadcast it and don't take this opportunity to preach your lifestyle as an "alternative" lifestyle.

my children went with some friends to elitch gardens. no where posted outside did they say it was gay pride day. my kids and their friends and chaperone went in and were treated to queens, transvestites and same sex couples sleazing around flaunting their sexuality. when one of the bewildered 10 year olds stared at 2 men french kissing, she was greeted with, "what are you staring at honey?"

Agreed...do as you wish...but that hardly means I cannot personally reject the lifestyle...I do believe that many gays have made a conscience choice...I do not remotely believe that ALL are born that way...tolerance vs. acceptance...big difference between the two

8th November 2006 03:51 PM
jb Gay people absolutely do not chose their life-style...that is a complete fallacy ..
8th November 2006 03:53 PM
WJ
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Who said gay was the issue?...what you said is that you would not take issue with your son's teacher being gay....and implied statement of acceptance, or at the least, tolerance...and I asked if you would take issue with someone who would take issue with said "gayness"...My personal opinion is you have to respect both positions...this is not one of those issues where there should be a universal view.

What if I don't wish to accept a female or black teacher? Will you respect my position?
8th November 2006 03:54 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Not YOU!!! And not the other right wing yahoos who make this Nation's Founding Fathers spin in their graves.

Special Prosecutor!! NOW!!!!

Shh...thinking people are talking...you have entered Tele country today...what's the tax rate like?
8th November 2006 03:57 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
Gay people absolutely do not chose their life-style...that is a complete fallacy ..

I disagree...I've known people who have chosen the lifestyle and then opted out...which is not to say that many aren't born that way...I suspect I've seen that too

What about bi-sexuals...are they born that way?
8th November 2006 03:59 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I disagree...I've known people who have chosen the lifestyle and then opted out...which is not to say that many aren't born that way...I suspect I've seen that too

What about bi-sexuals...are they born that way?

Why would anybody chose a life-style so universally attacked as homosexuality? No rationale person would subject him/herself to such a difficult lifestyle. As for bi-sexuals, they are still gay....
8th November 2006 04:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
WJ wrote:

What if I don't wish to accept a female or black teacher? Will you respect my position?

I can respect your right to your position...I pretty much have to don't I?...I mean that is how the law is set up...If you were to choose to pull your child out of school and opt for some other alternative, there would be nothing I could do...at least that's how it stands now...maybe the new house will fix that
8th November 2006 04:02 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

Why would anybody chose a life-style so universally attacked as homosexuality? No rationale person would subject him/herself to such a difficult lifestyle. As for bi-sexuals, they are still gay....

LOL...I've wondered that myself...but I've seen it...I always suspected it was a sense of belonging and identity...but it's not an uncommon phenomenon
8th November 2006 04:04 PM
Jumping Jack I don't care what people do in the privacy of their homes or bath houses. If they want to risk their lives, that their business. Just don't expect the rest of the country to pay the associated health care costs for their irresponsible behavior.
8th November 2006 04:04 PM
jb I guess we all take it wherever we can get it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)