ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theater, NYC - 29th October 2006 - Setlist, pics, reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
30th October 2006 12:16 AM
LittleTnA Awsome Set list With Tony Bennett! can't wait till vegas.
30th October 2006 12:24 AM
jaggergurl There was no Tony Bennett on JJF.. that was a joke made by someone in a chat room, and spiralled out of control.. but it would have been very interesting had it happened...
30th October 2006 12:33 AM
pdog I missed my exit!
30th October 2006 12:35 AM
The Wick Amazing set list, and sorry to burst the bubble of joy, but has everyone lost their fucking balls (sorry ladies, nothing equivalent): Christina fucking Aguilera! Give me a fucking break. Having Timberlake was bad enough, now another humiliation to add to the list. As for the "she can sing" comments. Has everyone suddenly lost their taste just because she jumped onstage with them. She can sing, better than the average person, but compared to great voices, she sounds like Ronnie Wood. God why can't they do a fucking setlist without fucking it all up with a pile of shite like her or Timberlake or anyone else. On the plus side: let's hope Jack White produces their next album, enough with Was already.
30th October 2006 12:40 AM
pdog
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Amazing set list, and sorry to burst the bubble of joy, but has everyone lost their fucking balls (sorry ladies, nothing equivalent): Christina fucking Aguilera! Give me a fucking break. Having Timberlake was bad enough, now another humiliation to add to the list. As for the "she can sing" comments. Has everyone suddenly lost their taste just because she jumped onstage with them. She can sing, better than the average person, but compared to great voices, she sounds like Ronnie Wood. God why can't they do a fucking setlist without fucking it all up with a pile of shite like her or Timberlake or anyone else. On the plus side: let's hope Jack White produces their next album, enough with Was already.

I don't care what they do, they ain't ever getting me in one of their shows ever again!
30th October 2006 12:41 AM
PartyDoll MEG Was just dozing off and got a text from T&A (those whisky drinkers must lose track of time when they are partying): Mick's voice was GREAT and the show as Fabulous...

Boy I am tired..he already corrected me once with the spelling of whisky without the e-lol
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
30th October 2006 12:59 AM
pdog I missed my exit!
30th October 2006 01:19 AM
Your Cousin Lou just got back from the show. what an amazing setlist. I ws seated in the sixth row, behind the camera, but was literally five feet from Keith and Mick when they came down the catwalk on the right. Keith stole the show as far as I am concerned. I have to admit that Christina was not that bad - certainly better than timberlake. shine a light was damn near flawless, althogh the sound was a bit muddy at the beginning of the show. one funny thing happened - I was sitting with a couple of shidoobees and I was talking to an actor who was next to me when the shidoobees called me over to help a woman in a very large hat figure out what her ticket said. I realized that the lady was looking at the ticket upside down, so I flipped it over and saw that it said row y seat 16. she said no way was she in row y, and walked off looking pissed. it was only then that I realized and was told that it was Lauren Hutton.
30th October 2006 01:34 AM
scope I too have just returned. What an incredible night.

Just when you think you've had enough and the band just seems to go through the motions or someone is not pulling his weight, They pull off something absolutely incredible and magical.

Just look at the set list. If that doesn't blow your mind, let me add that everyone was on their A-Game tonight. Keith looked and sounded fantastic. The phrase "Ronald was good tonight" is definitely in order.

Hightlights were Shine a Light, Loving Cup, I'm Free (which was my wife's wish to hear), great version of Undercover and of course with Buddy Guy on Champagne and Reefer. Funny note - at the end of the song Keith went back to the drums with Buddy do drink some champagne and MIck had to wait for him to get his guitar for the next song. Keith was having a blast and it showed.

When the DVD comes out, do yourself a favor and buy 2. You're gonna wear out the first one. More to come tomorrow. Time for Scopey to go sleepy.
30th October 2006 01:42 AM
DrJimmy Keith was full of personality, smiling and winking throughout. He was a highlight.

Mick had great energy.

Buddy Guy was fantastic. Jack White was great.

Christina Aguilera tried hard, but the whole thing didn't really work. The audience didn't react much to her entrance, I think many didn't know who she was. Mick noticed this and tried to get people into it. They had some good moments toegether, but it was hard to hear her. Overall, the sound mix wasn't the greatest.

But an amazing show nonetheless.

30th October 2006 01:45 AM
Dan
quote:
The Wick wrote:
): Christina fucking Aguilera! Give me a fucking break. Having Timberlake was bad enough, now another humiliation to add to the list. As for the "she can sing" comments. Has everyone suddenly lost their taste just because she jumped onstage with them. She can sing, better than the average person, but compared to great voices, she sounds like Ronnie Wood.

If they won't let Ronnie sing, then it's great we have the next best thing. And if you don't like it, then it's probably best you are on the other side of the door, because the show isn't even meant for you.
30th October 2006 01:45 AM
Dan
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

rotflmfao.

Got this info an hour ago and couldn't WAIT to see the reaction.

LJ.

Seeing the reaction there would be almost as good as seeing the actual event.
30th October 2006 01:46 AM
chevysales nice show.

star sightings...belzer, that putz from letterman the short bald guy who leads the orchestra... and this in the bathroom after show elvis costello i said hi (didn't shake his hand) but should have said something witty like "my aim is true".

christina agulaire has a deep range of octaves and awfully nice t and a... guitars drown them out. and they were high in the mix along with charlies drums.

i noticed while the amps were miced they also had mics on top of the amps which is something i never noticed before.

loud guitars and drums... keith can play! yes he can.
rocked the house.

more tommorrow as i just got in.

and glencar you left before i could give you my $50 and biz card with addy for scope so i could get a venue shirt that they said would be on sale for tuesday's show. i hope they sell them on the web site... if not i saved $50

see ya in ac.

[Edited by chevysales]
30th October 2006 01:47 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
I missed my exit!

I can relate!
30th October 2006 01:48 AM
chevysales
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
since it's a theatre, there won't be a screen, right? And no blow-up lips? Thats cool.

there were 2 screens on either side and various plasma tv's up top.
30th October 2006 01:50 AM
chevysales
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Glencar must be loving that!

well he was under total control...me on the other hand was screaming out "monica" and other assorted nasties
30th October 2006 01:56 AM
throbby Don't kid yourselves, Live with Me rocked! What a night, watching Jack White and Mick dueting on Loving Cup was really nice. The sound was incredible from my vantage point, but Martin's cameras were all over the place.

"more cameras than guitars" Mick noted.

And Buddy can kick some serious ass on the guitar and the vocals.
30th October 2006 01:59 AM
The Wick
quote:
Dan wrote:

If they won't let Ronnie sing, then it's great we have the next best thing. And if you don't like it, then it's probably best you are on the other side of the door, because the show isn't even meant for you.

What does that even mean: "the show isn't even meant for you." So the next best thing to Ronnie singing is Christina Aguilera, great, that made a lot of sense. And if I had paid good money, then I would have been rightfully pissed off when I have followed the band my whole life and bought a whole load of shit- too much- and in the end they get some teeny bopping no talent to waste a song.
30th October 2006 02:00 AM
DrJimmy
quote:
throbby wrote:
Don't kid yourselves, Live with Me rocked! What a night, watching Jack White and Mick dueting on Loving Cup was really nice. The sound was incredible from my vantage point, but Martin's cameras were all over the place.

maybe i was in the wrong spot for sound, because christina's voice sounded drowned out. her energy was good, i just couldn't hear her.

i'm not a fan of hers, but i think she's the most talented young pop star around.
30th October 2006 02:01 AM
DrJimmy
quote:
they get some teeny bopping no talent to waste a song.

it was one song and then it was over. there was so much more to the show. and she has a ton of talent.
30th October 2006 02:05 AM
Dan
quote:
The Wick wrote:

What does that even mean: "the show isn't even meant for you." So the next best thing to Ronnie singing is Christina Aguilera, great, that made a lot of sense. And if I had paid good money, then I would have been rightfully pissed off when I have followed the band my whole life and bought a whole load of shit- too much- and in the end they get some teeny bopping no talent to waste a song.

Sell it or throw it all out then. It's obvious they don't give a shit about you or your musical taste. This band is the concert equivalent of the kind of stuff that sells CDs nowadays. And the people filming the concert flick, the people onstage and some even some people watching the setlist at home just happen to think YOUR musical taste sucks!
30th October 2006 02:06 AM
chevysales
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Amazing set list, and sorry to burst the bubble of joy, but has everyone lost their fucking balls (sorry ladies, nothing equivalent): Christina fucking Aguilera! Give me a fucking break. Having Timberlake was bad enough, now another humiliation to add to the list. As for the "she can sing" comments. Has everyone suddenly lost their taste just because she jumped onstage with them. She can sing, better than the average person, but compared to great voices, she sounds like Ronnie Wood. God why can't they do a fucking setlist without fucking it all up with a pile of shite like her or Timberlake or anyone else. On the plus side: let's hope Jack White produces their next album, enough with Was already.

she has a huge range.. a few octaves and wether you like her or not she can belt it out with the best of them.

it worked on a faster version of lwm.
30th October 2006 02:07 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Jeez what a dissapointing setlist that is. And I even considered going to NYC. Glad I couldn't make it.
30th October 2006 02:14 AM
The Wick
quote:
Dan wrote:

Sell it or throw it all out then. It's obvious they don't give a shit about you or your musical taste. This band is the concert equivalent of the kind of stuff that sells CDs nowadays. And the people filming the concert flick, the people onstage and some even some people watching the setlist at home just happen to think YOUR musical taste sucks!

Oooooh. Touche. What a comeback. There's no reason to sell it or throw it out because I love the music, but unlike you, when something is shit, I'll say so and won't live in the delusional I worship anything the Stones do world you live in. I bet you're one of those fans who tries to talk like Keith and refers to people as "cats" etc. I'm perfectly happy and proud of my musical tastes (various types of music, but does not include shit like Christina Aguilera). It looks like you're the one who needs some new records in your collection. Until then, keep on rubbing your genie (pun intended) to Aguilera videos and her pictures in magazines.
30th October 2006 02:16 AM
The Wick
quote:
chevysales wrote:

she has a huge range.. a few octaves and wether you like her or not she can belt it out with the best of them.

it worked on a faster version of lwm.

So does Mariah Carey, but that's another vomit inducer. I guess it's just different tastes, but to each, his/her own. It just bothers me when they do this and I wanted to express it. Peace and love to all, except Dan- just kidding, whatever rocks your boat bro.
30th October 2006 02:20 AM
chevysales
quote:
throbby wrote:
Don't kid yourselves, Live with Me rocked! What a night, watching Jack White and Mick dueting on Loving Cup was really nice. The sound was incredible from my vantage point, but Martin's cameras were all over the place.

"more cameras than guitars" Mick noted.

And Buddy can kick some serious ass on the guitar and the vocals.

yes it did...the guitars were real loud and drowned her out from the balcony at least...what a venue though the inside is awesome...just not built for rock shows.

and throbby that crowd of extras you were had some pretty young women with were you running cause it was cold or told to?

i loved the show... and after being in orpheaum i can say i liked this one better.

keiths songs were well rehearsed as ygts was done excellent. and ltand a had some real nice guitar work.

also keith is alive and well back with his signature elbow moves, kicks and knee dives... of course having the camera always helps.

damn i wish i was in for tuesday... will have to wait for ac though.

and no special shirts for event until tuesday.

i did see a video guys setlist before show but scope his wife and glencar wanted to be suprised so i kept my mouth shut ( and anyone that knows me knows that was a miracle in itself).

well off to bed and back to reality tommorrow.

i parked in lot across from side entrance where band and others enter so waiting with photographers and others when kohl arrived i hollered out "you owe us for AC!".

and all band memebrs acknowledged us which was nice... christina shunned the side entrance and went in the front door after being dropped off with rest of them.

and let me say belzer looks like the walking dead... i heard he battled cancer a year or twoo back but he looks bad.

and shows you how much i know as i thought jack white was john mayer... they look similar.

[Edited by chevysales]
30th October 2006 02:22 AM
riccardo Has anyone succeeded in recording?
30th October 2006 02:23 AM
Dan
quote:
The Wick wrote:

Oooooh. Touche. What a comeback. There's no reason to sell it or throw it out because I love the music, but unlike you, when something is shit, I'll say so and won't live in the delusional I worship anything the Stones do world you live in.

This just proves you are talking out your ass because I am not even in the same solar system as this world you describe. I also wont be whining about it all over again when it turns up on screen in a few months.

quote:

I bet you're one of those fans who tries to talk like Keith and refers to people as "cats" etc.

Well, address the post to Keith since you are seriously starting to project and reply to people who have nothing to do with my post.

quote:

I'm perfectly happy and proud of my musical tastes (various types of music, but does not include shit like Christina Aguilera). It looks like you're the one who needs some new records in your collection. Until then, keep on rubbing your genie (pun intended) to Aguilera videos and her pictures in magazines.

I don't own any of her records but dig the new video and some of the other videos she has done in the past. I get plenty of new records and I also think this version is a vast improvement over some of the other guest spots on this particular song. I have absolutely no problem with this guest spot. It aint even a real concert anyway but a movie filming. At best or worst, it's the musical equivalent of "I AM YOUR FATHER LUKE."
30th October 2006 02:44 AM
glencar I just got home a short time ago. What a show. A really big shoe! Great music, great friends, great memories. I met chevy at 415PM after having viewed "The Departed." We saw Mick get out of his fancy shmancy Maybach car with drapes on the side. Saw the tall chick he hangs with. I think I got a picture of her & she blocked Mick. Too tall.

We met up with Mr. & Mrs. Scopey and surveyed the scene in front of the Beacon. Many crazed fans were hoping to get in & I guess a few did but then they got kicked out again. Albert Maysles did some filming of people standing around & our own Chevysales spoke about FLA 1975(?) & what that show was like. We retreated from the madness & went to a nice Irish pub called Hurley's for some brews & burgers. Very nice. We then went to where the Shidobbeeee party was only to see everyone running opposite us towards the Beacon because they were due to get seated as part of their extras duty. The lovely Luxury & Throbby made quick contact with us but the line was moving.

Turned out the Shidooobbbeee party was over so we had a quick beer & headed for our own seats. I myself saw Lauren Hutton(has NOT aged gracefully!), Harvey Weinstein and Ted Danson. Obviosuly this wasn't a big night for celebrities. The beacon is beautiful inside. I'd never gone there before & it was a treat. Security was loose in the beginning after we got inside but tehn this French accented witch got all French on us & we just headed upstairs. You wonder why I despise those people!

The show started with a long dreary speech by Father Time or was that Bill Clintoon? He looked terrible & sounded really meek. Maybe he had a sore throat too? Anyhoo, after this impossibly dull speech he goes off to routine applause & then comes back because he'd forgotten key parts of his speech! This guy is not a pro! You wonder why I despise him?

On with the show! They opened with SMU which was a bit tenuous at first but then ended quickly. Then came Shattered. I've never been a huge fan of this song once I got out of my teens but tonight it was serviceable. After that it was A list all the way! She Was Hot was hot! Hot hot hot! The guitars were way up tonight & Keith's only mini-strokes were on his instrument! The guy was en fuego!!!! Ronnie was his usual superb(as of late!) self. They quickly went into ADTL which was the best version I've ever heard. Smokin'!

Then some emo guy showed up & we all thought it was John Mayer but I see now it was Jack White. Delicioso! Loving Cup I've heard before but it was Boston Fleet Center & it was not so good. This was excellent. Nice bridge & nice ending too. Keep it in, Mick! As Tears Go By was up next. Frankly I was hoping for Con Le Mie Lacrime but you take what they give you. For a relatively rare song, I've seen it 3 times now. And now, I'm Free. Mick made mention of watching TV & hearing his song come on during a commercial. His mike sounded a bit garbled from the cheap seats but it started getting clear at this time. I've always loved this song & it got a nice reception & you'll be seeing it AC or else that really was John Mayer up on stage.

Then a flawless version of UC came up next. WOW! Mick played guitar on about 8 songs tonight & this was a nice surprise. The back-up singers added to a song for once. Nice to see 2 songs from one mid-80-s album. Then Just My Imagination which I haven't seen since 1981. Well well well! I loved it. Smooth yet crunchy guitars.

Back to ballads again & Shine A Light. Sublime. I want this song to replace Angie from here on out. Thanks guys! Next Mick called Buddy Guy back & they started what sounded like Rock Me Baby. It turned out to be Champaigne & Reefer. They were having a great time up there but we were having an even better time up in the balcony. Tumbling Dice followed & it was fine but i think I liked it better in the stadium shows I've seen lately. Band intros which were briefer than ever probably because Micjk still had some soreness. He was drinking water constantly & hocking loogies into tissues & into the air twice. Keith did his standard 2 song set but he did a bit of a dance at the end of YGTS & he sounded much better on LTA. It'll never be 1981 again but this was a marked improvement over what I've seen.

SFTD was hot especially where the guitars were concerned. Then Live With Me started & boy! was I excited. Then this hot blonde came out & I'm sorry but Cristina Aguilera was not what I wanted right then. Her voice is superb but she didn't sing so much as do those screams. Besides it's all so Timberlake to me. The crowd seemed to be underwhelmed by it all. She was quite happy with herself though & isn't that what life's about?

We knew all good things come to an end but PIB is a nice way to start ending things. Magnifico! Great hard rocking version. JJF followed & the back-ups helped Mick with at least one chorus. Satisfaction wa sthe encore & I headed out into that cold night because I love to beat the crowd & all that claustrophobia. I quickly said goodbye to Chevy & met up again with the Scopes & we had a nice LIRR ride home. thanks so much to Chevy for the ticket & everyone for a great night. I won't thank the Stones because we're all still pissed at them but I'm warming up to it. Goodnight & try the veal!
30th October 2006 02:54 AM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Glencar must be loving that!

Good God, he is the world's biggest blowhard. And as noted previously your correspondent, he came out a second time to talk about someone from Africa. Highly unprofessional & therefore highly amusing. The crowd in the balcony was not made up of his fans. Chevy yelled out his intern's name & otehrs were yelling stuff out. I promised people I wouldn't & I kept my word but I was sorely tempted. I'm nothing if not a loyal friend.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)