ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theater, NYC - 29th October 2006 - Setlist, pics, reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
31st October 2006 02:08 PM
chevysales
quote:
scope wrote:
People, calm yourself. Live With Me started rocking hard. Some blonde comes out and sings with Mick. If this is what you want to gripe about then go ahead. I guess there are some that will never be pleased and always look for something negative. The show was one of the best I've ever seen and if I get the same show again tomorrow, I will be just as happy as I am today.

well put.

31st October 2006 02:19 PM
chevysales
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I posted this in the AC thread, but I think it's liable to be read here by more people, so I'm re-posting it here. I don't think everyone realizes how lucky we are to have such a great crew running this board:

I want to publicly thank Gazza for providing all of us with an outlet to vent our feelings for the past few days, being an active presence on the board as a fan as well as a moderator, and pulling no punches in expressing his own feelings about the Atlantic City debacle. Speaking strictly for myself, it did me a lot of good to be able to post my feelings as well as read others' thoughts on the matter.

So thanks, Gazza, for everything, always.

i second the above... and add without fear of being banned,deleted or changed.

thanx gazza and all moderators for this place and in directly allowing me to meet some great fans/people along the way
31st October 2006 02:32 PM
glencar I third that. I love that this place has freedom to say what you want. I know we go over the line sometimes but we can usually be trusted to solve our problems like grown-ups. I don't post at IORR just because I see too much anti-Americanism & I don't post at keno because I hate bandwidth theft claimers. Here & shidobbeee & Maxy are the best sites.
31st October 2006 02:51 PM
The Wick
quote:
scope wrote:
People, calm yourself. Live With Me started rocking hard. Some blonde comes out and sings with Mick. If this is what you want to gripe about then go ahead. I guess there are some that will never be pleased and always look for something negative. The show was one of the best I've ever seen and if I get the same show again tomorrow, I will be just as happy as I am today.

I really don't know what the hell happened to you lot. This is Christina lame as hell pop piece of shite Aguilera who sang with the greatest band of all time, and now you all, because of your love for the Stones, want to rationalize this crap. What a load of bollocks. It's fucking embarrassing whatever way you want to look at it. It's not about never being pleased, it's about not wanting to see absolute shockers like Justin Timbershite and Christina Justasshite Aguilera on stage with them. I'm still recovering from State of Shock. Buddy Guy, beautiful. Jack White, same. I don't like Dave Mathews music at all, but at least he has something. Hell, even some pop star with some talent, but these two glorified dancers. Give me a break.

JumpingKentFlash, what are you on about mate?
31st October 2006 03:04 PM
glencar The Wick, it wasn't great but the song itself pumped. She was sort of just there - very sexy but not all that loud & she seemed a bit dodgy with the lyrics.
31st October 2006 03:10 PM
The Wick
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Wick, it wasn't great but the song itself pumped. She was sort of just there - very sexy but not all that loud & she seemed a bit dodgy with the lyrics.

Man, that song rocks anytime you get one Stone or more playing it, even if it's only Charlie on drums and a reunion of New Kids on the Block doing it. It doesn't take away from the fact that she can claim to have joined the Stones on stage. And from what it sounds like, her attempts at "rocking" were nothing short of embarrassing. Besides, she's not even that hot. Take off the makeup and she looks very average, and her body is nothing spectacular.
31st October 2006 03:11 PM
glencar She has usually been cited as one of the better singers in that genre but I can't really see it.
31st October 2006 03:55 PM
mrhipfl When it comes to principles and "rock n' roll," today's stones are no different than Christina Aguilera. So, sorry, but I don't see how she adds to the emberassment. She's got a great voice, and the song probably sounded good.
31st October 2006 03:59 PM
Saint Sway I think we need a Christina Aguillera apreciation thread
31st October 2006 04:01 PM
The Wick
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
When it comes to principles and "rock n' roll," today's stones are no different than Christina Aguilera. So, sorry, but I don't see how she adds to the emberassment. She's got a great voice, and the song probably sounded good.

A valid point, but it's the legacy of the music that should be protected, not what they're currently like. Besides, it pisses me off on a personal level.

Saint, no need, one already exists: this one.
31st October 2006 04:06 PM
mrhipfl hmmm....

c'mon now honey, don't you wanna live with me!
31st October 2006 05:22 PM
Bitch Thanks chevy! The ROCKS OFF men and ladies are a cool bunch of Stones people!

I will be returning to AC for the next adventure in the land of the STONES ZONE! Where it will lead I do not know>>>will the concert be a SMASH or will disappointment be SMASHING our heads again>>>where are the bookies? What are the odds the STONES will play AC? AC, all bets are on the table, $60 minimum $450 max, plus travelling expenses.
31st October 2006 07:38 PM
pdog Odds are 60 to 40 in favor....
1st November 2006 05:27 AM
corgi37 I like her cause she has pierced bits.
1st November 2006 06:13 AM
lotsajizz I hate her 'cux she dyes her hair

Cazart!!
1st November 2006 08:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
There was one point during Undercover when Mick strolled over to Keef whilst playing guitar & Keef just walked away from him. I think this is one of those stormy points in their long-running marriage.

maybe he just didnt want to catch any more germs??
1st November 2006 08:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's all on Cohl. Someone quoted above or elsewhere about howe Bill Graham said (paraphrasing here)when he heard they left him for Cohl that it was like seeing your wife leave you to become a whore.

I was that someone!!
1st November 2006 09:15 AM
chevysales
quote:
The Wick wrote:

I really don't know what the hell happened to you lot. This is Christina lame as hell pop piece of shite Aguilera who sang with the greatest band of all time, and now you all, because of your love for the Stones, want to rationalize this crap. What a load of bollocks. It's fucking embarrassing whatever way you want to look at it. It's not about never being pleased, it's about not wanting to see absolute shockers like Justin Timbershite and Christina Justasshite Aguilera on stage with them. I'm still recovering from State of Shock. Buddy Guy, beautiful. Jack White, same. I don't like Dave Mathews music at all, but at least he has something. Hell, even some pop star with some talent, but these two glorified dancers. Give me a break.

JumpingKentFlash, what are you on about mate?

i don't think christina is bad at all...
i have 2 daughters that have listened to her from the beginning (so i have heard my share for better or worse)... she has a set of pipes on her. her range is wide and if you listen to some of her stuff she gives it her all and you can hear her emotion in her voice... she is not a fake.
it's that simple.

to me it sounded better than anything dave mathews ever did with them.
i was there and i liked it. if you are familiar with her voice it could be heard otherwise the guitars drowned it out. so making a huge deal about it is a waste of time. mick has shared the stage with much worse thats a fact.
thats my opinion... you are entitled to yours.
[Edited by chevysales]
1st November 2006 09:33 AM
Bitch I thought Christina was HOT! Mick looked amuzed during her performance, he was clearly enjoying her youth. She was better than expected on LIVE WITH ME, because it rocked and she did not destroy the song like other duet-ers! IMO.

I hope this song will surf the net, it should be out there somewhere by now. We need a link to it!
1st November 2006 09:42 AM
Jumacfly 499 posts!
1st November 2006 10:04 AM
maumau
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
anyone else confused as to why they would plug 2 tracks from Undercover at a show they are filming for posterity?

I'm diggin SWH but it just seems funny to me to dig out 2 tracks from this dud of an album and ignore Sticky Fingers completely

song count:
Undercover: 2
Sticky Fingers: 0

o my! so if they do something different as play 2 different song from undercover (never done before) or like play loving cup and shine a light the same night (done before gazza?) they should have played sticky...

and if they played sticky....?
..."they dont risk anything... they stick to the golden age..."...
please
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)