ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theater, NYC - 29th October 2006 - Setlist, pics, reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
30th October 2006 08:55 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Oh, how many times I've heard people say, "I wish I could be more like that asshole from Rhode Island"!
Please... Tell us, howe can we be a true fan like you...

It is funny howe much that asshole is despised. Even though I actually agree with him about some things he's such an asshole. There's a reason no one likes him.
30th October 2006 08:56 PM
Bitch THANKS for using pic as today's header! I can now officially say I provided head to the entire ROCKS OFF community! Thats should help me get some respect around here!
30th October 2006 09:03 PM
pdog
quote:
Bitch wrote:
THANKS for using pic as today's header! I can now officially say I provided head to the entire ROCKS OFF community! Thats should help me get some respect around here!

I liked you from the second I saw your shirt... I could stare at the words on it, without being accused of gawking at your breasts!
You rock, it was nice meeting you...
30th October 2006 09:05 PM
glencar Yes, she definitely rocks! See ye in AC?
30th October 2006 09:06 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, she definitely rocks! See ye in AC?

It was always slim at best. I just don't have the time... We can always hook up again in AC and gamble a bit, it was kind of fun. I have alot to learn too...
30th October 2006 09:07 PM
Altamont
quote:
Bitch wrote:
THANKS for using pic as today's header! I can now officially say I provided head to the entire ROCKS OFF community! Thats should help me get some respect around here!

Post of the day!!!

30th October 2006 10:01 PM
Lavendar You Make Joey SMILE-
30th October 2006 10:07 PM
pdog
quote:
Lavendar wrote:
You Make Joey SMILE-

and shit liquid!
31st October 2006 12:51 AM
lonecrapshooter Fantastic show from orchestra. They were really serious and focused. Mick showed why he's so amazing. Some times it's a nice change when he sounds rough. They were fast and focused. Undercover and Live With Me rocked. CA blew me away - I was real skeptical at first she gets an A+. Really didn't see too may weak parts to the show. It was fast and furious. Crowd down low could have been more into it. Too may sitting downa at times but they did get up for Tunbling Dice. Saw Matt Lauer leave early.
31st October 2006 02:57 AM
FotiniD I was looking at the header and since it's a bit blurry and you can't tell the faces, I was thinking how COOL it would have been if it was actually Keith the one singing next to Mick playing acoustic. Yeah, I know it ain't. But think of it! Just for once, after all this time, the two of them sharing the mic or the front of the stage together. Mick's acoustic accompanying Keith on YGTS. And all captured by Scorcese on film! I wonder why he didn't talk them into it.
31st October 2006 07:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
lonecrapshooter wrote:
Fantastic show from orchestra. They were really serious and focused. Mick showed why he's so amazing. Some times it's a nice change when he sounds rough. They were fast and focused. Undercover and Live With Me rocked. CA blew me away - I was real skeptical at first she gets an A+. Really didn't see too may weak parts to the show. It was fast and furious. Crowd down low could have been more into it. Too may sitting downa at times but they did get up for Tunbling Dice. Saw Matt Lauer leave early.

these reports about Aguilera are quite intriguing. I'm actually quite looking forward to hearing/seeing this (as well as the rest of the gig, natch..)

were the 'crowd down low' you refer to the VIPs and celebs? Dont know what it takes to inject some life into these bastards.

Nice to see that Matt appreciated his ticket that many fans would have donated a kidney to have got!
31st October 2006 07:53 AM
Nellcote Yeah, and Matt is always the go-to for the Stones for interviews. He's getting a fat head now that he's the top dog on TODAY. Newsputz he is!
31st October 2006 08:29 AM
throbby [quote]Gazza wrote:

were the 'crowd down low' you refer to the VIPs and celebs? Dont know what it takes to inject some life into these bastards.
Nice to see that Matt appreciated his ticket that many fans would have donated a kidney to have got!

I believe the majority of VIP's and celebs were in the lower balcony with the Clintons.

The orchestra area was without a doubt the lamest crowd I've ever witnessed at Stones show. No energy at all. The Stones gave an exceptional performance, but IMO this was met with a ho hum response from most down below. Funny, I remember one of the floor security guys (hardcore Stones fan)yelling at the crowd in my area to stand up, (I'm paraphrasing here) "You got your tickets for free, you're a disgrace, you shouldn't even be here".

When I heard "free" I got a sick feeling in my stomach thinking of all the fans who wanted so badly to see the Stones in this venue.
31st October 2006 09:36 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
throbby wrote:
The orchestra area was without a doubt the lamest crowd I've ever witnessed at Stones show. No energy at all. The Stones gave an exceptional performance, but IMO this was met with a ho hum response from most down below. Funny, I remember one of the floor security guys (hardcore Stones fan)yelling at the crowd in my area to stand up, (I'm paraphrasing here) "You got your tickets for free, you're a disgrace, you shouldn't even be here".

When I heard "free" I got a sick feeling in my stomach thinking of all the fans who wanted so badly to see the Stones in this venue.

from the pics I've seen it looked like the same boring crowd they have at every single show. Old, boring yuppie types that just stand there and stare at the stage - devoid of any emotion - as if they're watching a movie. Same crusty old farts. The Stones fan base is old guys that can charge $500 tickets to hear war horses. They got the audience they created with their stupid greatest hits sets and outragous ticket prices.
31st October 2006 10:39 AM
glencar But wasn't the orchestra filled with either hired actor/model types or Shidobbeeeans? The rich yuppies were in the loge section.
31st October 2006 10:40 AM
glencar
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I was looking at the header and since it's a bit blurry and you can't tell the faces, I was thinking how COOL it would have been if it was actually Keith the one singing next to Mick playing acoustic. Yeah, I know it ain't. But think of it! Just for once, after all this time, the two of them sharing the mic or the front of the stage together. Mick's acoustic accompanying Keith on YGTS. And all captured by Scorcese on film! I wonder why he didn't talk them into it.

There was one point during Undercover when Mick strolled over to Keef whilst playing guitar & Keef just walked away from him. I think this is one of those stormy points in their long-running marriage.
31st October 2006 10:45 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

from the pics I've seen it looked like the same boring crowd they have at every single show. Old, boring yuppie types that just stand there and stare at the stage - devoid of any emotion - as if they're watching a movie. Same crusty old farts. The Stones fan base is old guys that can charge $500 tickets to hear war horses. They got the audience they created with their stupid greatest hits sets and outragous ticket prices.

Exactly, Sway. Think what could have been if they just approached this differently during the last 10 years. You don't win over younger (non-sitting-on-your-fat-ass-and-staring) fans by charging $500/seat. Even with cheaper tickets, they might lose a LITTLE bit of revenue/profit, but think of the positive P.R. that would result: instead of stories about "sluggish sales" there would be stories about "Stones amazingly continue to sell out everywhere they go!"

It didn't need to be this way. Cohl, or whoever steered them down this course (hell, maybe it's Mick), really blew it big time, and their legacy is permanently damaged.
31st October 2006 10:47 AM
Saint Sway agreed.

and now their greed and stupidity has been captured on film for all to see
31st October 2006 10:48 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Some of the Shidoobee extras have gotten calls saying they are no longer needed on 10/31. They want a different look for the Tuesday audience.

You can't make this stuff up.

Its Halloween...wear a mask!.......
31st October 2006 10:48 AM
glencar It's all on Cohl. Someone quoted above or elsewhere about howe Bill Graham said (paraphrasing here)when he heard they left him for Cohl that it was like seeing your wife leave you to become a whore.
31st October 2006 10:49 AM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
agreed.

and now their greed and stupidity has been captured on film for all to see

Yes but their awesome performance has also been captured for all to see. On the screens, I didn't see too many audience scans.
31st October 2006 11:03 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes but their awesome performance has also been captured for all to see. On the screens, I didn't see too many audience scans.

Yes. The movie will be awesome. I trust Scorcese to do for the Stones what he was able to do for The Band
31st October 2006 11:23 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
throbby wrote:

I got a sick feeling in my stomach just from reading that now. Jesus Christ! I woulda been on my feet for the entire show and they woulda heard me out in the street! Argh.
31st October 2006 11:24 AM
throbby glencar wrote:
But wasn't the orchestra filled with either hired actor/model types or Shidobbeeeans? The rich yuppies were in the loge section.

Extras were in the first eight rows on the floor and standing on the side by the wings. A few of us were placed out of view in the center aisle behind the boom camera. I spent most of the show there. I'm not complaining mind you, the view and sound was great. I did score the absolute best seat in the house for four songs, Shattered thru Loving Cup. OldKR, myself, and two others were placed dead center first row in front of the catwalk extension. Absolutely amazing view.

Thank you Doug! Old KR!
31st October 2006 11:26 AM
glencar Those of us in the balcony were almost all on our feet except for 2 young guys in front of me & an older couple near Scope. I can understand the older folks but the 2 guys in front of me were half my age & sat down for 90% of the show. I didn't mind as my view was improve dbut it was a little weird.
31st October 2006 11:27 AM
glencar
quote:
throbby wrote:
glencar wrote:
But wasn't the orchestra filled with either hired actor/model types or Shidobbeeeans? The rich yuppies were in the loge section.

Extras were in the first eight rows on the floor and standing on the side by the wings. A few of us were placed out of view in the center aisle behind the boom camera. I spent most of the show there. I'm not complaining mind you, the view and sound was great. I did score the absolute best seat in the house for four songs, Shattered thru Loving Cup. OldKR, myself, and two others were placed dead center first row in front of the catwalk extension. Absolutely amazing view.

Thank you Doug! Old KR!

Ah, Loving Cup! You got the silver, my friend.
31st October 2006 11:28 AM
glencar And thanks for explanation. From where I was, we could see the stage but none of the orchestra seats. Did get a nice view of Keith playing guitar to a dancing Lisa who had some nice moves.
31st October 2006 11:33 AM
throbby Loving Cup was incredible. What a visual memory I have of that moment.
31st October 2006 11:38 AM
glencar Yes, that & SAL & UC were the highlights for me.
31st October 2006 01:41 PM
chevysales
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
From Bitch:

who was sitting with us and spent considerable time taking the phone pics and logging song info.

she gets a round of applause from me for doing this. nice girl... she's no bitch

did i mention it was a great show!
and i hope to meet all of you agin in AC for the send off that never was, but will now be the real send off for me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)