ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theater, NYC - 29th October 2006 - Setlist, pics, reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
30th October 2006 03:09 AM
Straycat87 What an amazing list to be discovered in the early morning (in France) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for the dvd !!
Thanks a lot to Meg and Bitch for the report and the pics.
All the best to you all.
Straycat
[Edited by Straycat87]
[Edited by Straycat87]
30th October 2006 03:58 AM
Jeep From the New York Daily News :

Stifled Stones fans freakin' at the Beacon
BY XANA O'NEILL and DAVE GOLDINER DAILY NEWS WRITERS

http://www.nydailynews.com/10-30-2006/front/story/466630p-392529c.html

Rolling Stones fans who bought scalped tickets for Bill Clinton's birthday show last night quickly discovered "You Can't Always Get What You Want" - especially when the Secret Service is involved.
Stones-heads - or Shidoobees, as they call themselves - snapped up tickets for the pricey Beacon Theater show, only to find out they couldn't get inside unless their name was on a special security list.

"I'm very frustrated," said John DiMar.tino, 41, of Hicksville, L.I. "They said I'm not on the list."

Dave Dzula has already seen 61 Stones shows, but he had his heart set on seeing Mick and the boys in the cozy confines of the 2,900-seat Beacon.

"This is the show to hit," said Dzula, 52, of Williamsburg, Va.

Dzula scored a precious ducat for the show but was turned away by agents.

Inside the show, there was no doubt who the real rock star was. Clinton stole the show from the Stones, getting a huge ovation from the star-studded crowd that included Sheryl Crow and Elvis Costello.

He ribbed the wrinkly rockers for saying that he had inspired them to get serious about helping to fight for issues like climate change.

"You know you have one foot in the grave when I'm the serious one," said the ex-President, who was accompanied by his wife, Sen. Hillary Clinton.

But Stones front man Mick Jagger got his revenge when he took the microphone.

"I'd like to welcome President Clinton," he told the cheering crowd. "And I see she's brought her husband."

Clinton's 60th birthday was in August, but he scheduled a slew of events this weekend to raise megabucks for his foundation. But most of the crowd outside was more worried about seeing Mick, Keith and the boys than toasting Bill's big day.

Stones junkie Dr. Richard Weiss complained that ticket brokers seemed to have scooped up most of the tickets to the big show. "You had to be connected," moaned Weiss, 49, a dentist. "It's a real scam."
30th October 2006 04:19 AM
Jeep Pictures Getty Image (& homemade animation) :

30th October 2006 04:31 AM
Jeep Video from NY FOX with some footage in front of the Beacon :

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=1322974&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1
30th October 2006 04:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
Micawber91 wrote:
Im pretty sure the version of I'm Free on Stripped was played at the Olympia in Paris on the VL tour

3rd July: Paris, France, L’Olympia
(Honky Tonk Women/Tumbling Dice/You Got Me Rocking/All Down The Line/
Shattered/Beast Of Burden/Let It Bleed/Angie/Wild Horses/Down In The
Bottom/Shine A Light/Like A Rolling Stone/I Go Wild/Miss You/Band
introduction/Connection/Slipping Away/Midnight Rambler/Rip This Joint/
Start Me Up/It’s Only Rock’n Roll/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash)

The version on 'Stripped' comes from a studio session in Lisbon 3 weeks later.
30th October 2006 04:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
you ain't gonna believe this:

Live with Me with Christina Aguilera!!!!!!

yuck

great setlist -- I'll overlook this once the complete absence of ABB songs as this show bears little resemblance in any way to a tour concert. Worth mentioning though that the most recent song played was released when she was still only two years of age - ie, theres nothing after "Undercover".

Hope the performance was as good as the setlist. I still feel the folks who had tickets for AC got shafted just so this show could happen, but for those who were there, it sounds like it was indeed something special.

One final point. Its been long argued by many that the Stones play a primarily greatest hits show because most of the audience only know the songs from 40 Licks and are only going to one show. I would suggest that, despite the shidoobee contest and the public sale, last night's show had a higher percentage of that kind of audience than the average arena/stadium gig - yet look at the chances they chose to take with the setlist. Theres no reason why they cant do things like that on a regular basis at the more large-scale shows.
[Edited by Gazza]
30th October 2006 04:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Christina has a great set of pipes.

Very interested to hear...see this.

It all fits.....it's a great performance for a DVD.

You need the "mass appeal".

LJ.

Dont agree. I cant see too many of her fanbase shelling out their pocket money on a Stones DVD just to see her on one song. I doubt it'll make any difference to sales whatsoever.

A minor quibble, though. The other two choices of guest artists (and the songs they chose to play) were inspired
[Edited by Gazza]
30th October 2006 05:11 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
The Wick wrote:
She can sing, better than the average person, but compared to great voices, she sounds like Ronnie Wood.

I'm sure you wouldn't have bitched at all if they had brought in Celine Dion then?
30th October 2006 05:13 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
The Wick wrote:
She can sing, better than the average person, but compared to great voices, she sounds like Ronnie Wood.

I'm sure you wouldn't have bitched at all if they had brought in Celine Dion then?
30th October 2006 05:13 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
The Wick wrote:

30th October 2006 05:14 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
The Wick wrote:

30th October 2006 05:41 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
The show started with a long dreary speech by Father Time or was that Bill Clintoon? He looked terrible & sounded really meek. Maybe he had a sore throat too? Anyhoo, after this impossibly dull speech he goes off to routine applause & then comes back because he'd forgotten key parts of his speech! This guy is not a pro! You wonder why I despise him?

We know--you like good speachafiers like 'W"...

right

OK now

Cazart!!!
30th October 2006 06:23 AM
corgi37 Hello, my name is Craig. I have been coming to RO for a number of years now. Can some one tell me what happened to RO? Because i simply cannot stand all these "fantasy" set lists. I heard the Stones were to play for ex-Prez Clinton and i came to what i thought was my RO site for some info, and instead i find this BS.

I mean, I'm free. Xtina. Jack White.

Please re-direct me to the correct RO site, and the proper set list. I am really keen to see how YGMR, Miss You and Brown Sugar sounded.

I AM SO AMAZED!
30th October 2006 07:20 AM
Daethgod hey corgs

looks like they left the horses at home

: P
30th October 2006 07:35 AM
chevysales christine went thru stage elbowing band members to try to rock together... mick obliged as did ronnie for a second but when she nudged keith back by charlies kit it appeared keith sent her back to mick to play as he was having no part of it.
[Edited by chevysales]
30th October 2006 07:48 AM
Gazza WTF....theres something seriously wrong with the world when the likes of Christina Aguilera feels obliged to try and encourage the Rolling Stones to 'rock together'

'Its the end of the world as we know it, Ronnie....'
[Edited by Gazza]
30th October 2006 08:10 AM
Flashpoint Amazing setlist!..but....where's ABB????
It's time for Let Me Down Slow people.....
30th October 2006 08:38 AM
tumbled
quote:
Flashpoint wrote:
Amazing setlist!..but....where's ABB????
It's time for Let Me Down Slow people.....

I agree Let me down slow is fine. I guess you have to pay 1000s extra for the rare ones. and no reason to be ashamed of bigger bang the album should not be swept under the rug. anyway thanks Meg and Bitch for the awesome header pic
30th October 2006 08:41 AM
luxury1 Hold on a minute--I felt Mick was NOT 100%. Physically and comedically, yes (he was charmingly funny). But not vocally. At one point in the show (I think before he sang with Buddy Guy ?) he seemed to have a "catch" in his throat, and ran back for tissues/water before attempting to sing again. He just didnt seem to be taking the risks with his voice that he normally does. However, Mr. Swagger is always good......
I believe the night belonged to Ronnie. He never stopped playing!! He was a monster.
Undercover was a highlight--Ronnie and Mick seemed very into it---not so much Keith....
Those backup singers never cease to blow me away. I was on that side of that stage, and had a rolling camera dolly crush my feet every 5 seconds or so, but who's complaining?? Mick made a comment about how we will eventually have to buy the DVD to actually see the show, as so many cameras were in the way. Very true from my vantage point.

BUddy Guy was quite entertaining--came into the audience, sat down and played--goofing around with the people surrounding him. That man can sing and play...I could have listened to him for much longer than the short 40 minutes he did.

I thought the special guests worked--a little something for everyone...(the audience response could have been a bit stronger, however--I got the feeling that most people on the floor didnt know quite know what was going on, but maybe it was all the filming--it was a bit distracting. I found myself watching the guys change the film reels-( a number of times!), as they stopped the thing right in front of me, and that was about all I could see until they were done!)
I cant fucking wait till Tuesday to do it all over again--I just hope I can cram my bruised feet into some hot shoes...
30th October 2006 08:55 AM
scope Right on about Ronnie, Luxy. How about his playing on YGTS? That was absolutely beautiful, and the way Keith walked around him and kind of bowed to him to give Ronie his due.
30th October 2006 08:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man Gazza, don't say YUCK! It's better than bloody Sheryl Crow!
30th October 2006 08:58 AM
scope People, calm yourself. Live With Me started rocking hard. Some blonde comes out and sings with Mick. If this is what you want to gripe about then go ahead. I guess there are some that will never be pleased and always look for something negative. The show was one of the best I've ever seen and if I get the same show again tomorrow, I will be just as happy as I am today.
30th October 2006 09:00 AM
LadyJane
quote:
scope wrote:
People, calm yourself. Live With Me started rocking hard. Some blonde comes out and sings with Mick. If this is what you want to gripe about then go ahead. I guess there are some that will never be pleased and always look for something negative. The show was one of the best I've ever seen and if I get the same show again tomorrow, I will be just as happy as I am today.

YOU deserved this show!!!

Enjoy them all....and please check your email, my friend.

I owe you $$$$!!!!! And I settle my debts.

LJ.
30th October 2006 09:02 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Hold on a minute--I felt Mick was NOT 100%. Physically and comedically, yes (he was charmingly funny). But not vocally. At one point in the show (I think before he sang with Buddy Guy ?) he seemed to have a "catch" in his throat, and ran back for tissues/water before attempting to sing again. He just didnt seem to be taking the risks with his voice that he normally does.

Luxury, this goes a long way toward making us
Atlantic City cancellees feel better!

I'll be there (in the rafters) Tuesday. I'll
look for you in those hot shoes....

SV

30th October 2006 09:18 AM
Maxlugar Complaining about a hot blonde onstage singing with Mick sounds so Joey.
30th October 2006 09:46 AM
Taptrick
Great show. Incredibly disappointed that they couldn't stick with an audience of the salt of the Earth but felt a need to cater to the disconnected elite. Of course that is ironically representative of the Stones evolution over the last 30 years.

30th October 2006 09:56 AM
Lavendar Thank You BITCH! For that BEAUTIFUL picture!!!!!!!
30th October 2006 09:59 AM
Jeep Photos Steel Mill Retro / Springsteen - Backstreets message board :
(improved slightly by myself)

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=847

30th October 2006 10:00 AM
Fred Hardin I just posted this on Shidoobee and IORR! I hope all will forgive me!

I was just reading post from Shidoobee and RainingBlimps, who was relaying the info to our chatroom from Rich at the show as I was posting the info on IORR.com has stated that when he was listening thru the phone on JJF that Tony Bennett was on stage he aslo typed in "J/K" I did not understand what that meant. So I relayed the note that Tony Bennett was doing this song with them, actually thinking this was happening. As it turns out I now know that J/K means just kidding! I appologize for this rumour getting started and being spread around the world as it has appeared to have happend! I was doing my best to update all with the info I was getting. I hope this has not caused any problems or harm to anyone!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Sorry Art(RainingBlimps)& Rich(Exile)! Thanks again for keeping us all updated last night! I guess I need to learn a few more typing shortcut phrases!
Fred Hardin
30th October 2006 10:02 AM
Bitch As everyone can see, October 29, 2006 at The Beacon Theatre show tops A BIGGER BANG for the best setlist! It is very possible M Scorsese had some input on the songs and the guests. He was there, behind the scenes watching over the production of the camera crew and instructing his large headphone-wearing staff, who buzzed around all night, deeply concentrating on their jobs. An impressive amount of cameras and equipment was everywhere. The place was well covered.

Outside the theatre people were hoarded into 2 lines after showing ticket, wristband and ID, one line was for the VIP's and the other for the fans, awaiting in the windy cold to be let in after the VIP's were given priority. My bitching let us in, let us in, let us in! was ignored completely, lol.

The security was not nearly as bad as I was expecting, after showing ID again and checking off my name on the list, I was wanded with a metal detector and approved to go in, but no one checked my purse or my pockets which is where I was hiding my cameraphone.

Buddy Guy came on shortly after 8 but he didnt get much respect from the crowd, the place wasnt filled up yet because you couldnt bring in food or drinks to the seating area so people were in the lobby drinking and partying. On my way in I saw Glencar and Chevysales so I sat with them because my seat sucked, lol. Buddy Guy did some nice blues numbers but exited the stage with barely an applause.

Next out walks President Clinton, and my mind wandered thru most of his speach but when he tried to crack some jokes, they weren't too funny, but that's why I laughed, lol. He was finished in a few minutes, but he came back out for a continuation of the speach, he left out the important stuff, lol. Maybe he was catching a second-hand buzz from the smoke filled room. I was surprised people were lighting up and so I joined them, lol. Good shit!

OK On to the main event, The ROLLING STONES! The band looked beautiful, hair, make-up, wardrobe all camera-ready!

1. START ME UP was a surprise, and I always like that for the opener, it rocked! MICK looked wonderful and his contagious energy got the crowd on their feet instantly. When I thought we could be in for a night of warhorses, 2. SHATTERED surprised me, but since it's about NY it was fitting. And it rocked! 3. SHE WAS HOT! Another NY shout out and I loved it, the song was so hot, it smoked! 4. WOW this song ripped through the crowd with a solid driving force that was like a train coming at you with the whistle blowing, ALL DOWN THE LINE! Yes! Highlight! MICK comments that there are more cameras on stage than guitars, lol. 5. LOVING CUP!!!! OMG How exciting is hearing Gimme Little DRINK!!! It was played so sweet that almost I fell down, drunk, oh yeah! But it was NOT necessary to see a guest with the RS on this one. IMO. 6. AS TEARS GO BY, this was done like the album, very softly played and the acoustic guitars sounded sweet, a beautiful song and MICK sang his heart out. Wonderful! Next MICK mentions something about hearing an old tune on TV commercials lately, lol. 7. I'M FREE was a total surprise. Why they never played it before is puzzling because it's a natural, the band fell into the groove like they've been playing it all tour long. Very very nice! 8. UNDERCOVER!!! Instantly this song took off like lightning in the room, the hair stood up on our heads there was so much electricity!! The look on the faces in the crowd was like we were blasted by a strong powerful machine gun of STONES energy! In our faces!!! Highlight. 9. JUST MY IMAGINATION, another shout out for NY, and this was beautifull played, every note was perfect, loud and clear, a highlight. 10. SHINE A LIGHT WAS the BEST song of the night, IMO. A thrill hearing this song, it's so rare and beautiful, and it was played perfectly, as if the RS had been playing it tour long. A gem. A thrill. I hope the RS keep this on the setlist, it needs to be heard often and by many! 11. An obscure song, with Buddy Guy, CHAMPAGNE & REEFER. This was very bluesy and soulful, and it worked too well, because the crowd was reminded to spark up those joints, lol! Smoking! 12. TUMBLING DICE, played softer than at the stadium shows, a played down version gave this song a new dimension. INTRO's, a room full of fans chanting KEEF KEEF KEEF! It always bothers me that MICK receives no intro, he surely deserves one. The crowd cheered wildly for RONNIE & CHARLIE as usual. BOBBY KEYS also got an extra loud reception, as did CHUCK and DARRYL. Next up, KEEF, cigarete in hand, swooned us with 13. YOU GOT THE SILVER, and he nailed it! 14. LITTLE T&A another personal favorite thrilled me, the Bitch keeps bitchin, lol, and Darryl laid a solid rhythem down on this tune! A highlight. 15. SYMPATHY, also toned down from the louder stadium version, the song was was fabulous and MICK put on an amazing performance! Oscar worthy, lol! 16. Surprise guest Christina Agulara in the house, wearing a white mini-dress with black stockings, she is thin and tiny compared to MICK, but they looked cute together, and LIVE WITH ME, one of my favorites, was sparked up with CHRISTINA's voice belting it out with MICK! He enjoyed singing with her, MICK was all smiles and she was much better than Cheryl Crow or Joss Stone or most anyone MICK has done a duet with lately, Christina is worthy and this will def make the movie. Highlight. 17. PAINT IT BLACK never fails to please me, and they nailed it perfectly, another sure bet for the movie. 18. JUMPING JACK FLASH had everyone dancing, and MICK did some fine dancing and ass wiggling and MICK's dance moves were mesmerizing. I couldnt take my eyes off of him! Stunning! Good night! After about 5 minutes the RS came back on stage with 19. SATISFACTION, and gave 100% of energy and intensity to wrap up the show. Bows, applause, curtains, an amazing show that deserves to be immortalized on film. Bravo boys! You deserve it!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)