ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A retirement party I'd like to attend Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
10-04-03 10:16 AM
nankerphelge Stoney, the recall provision is not some little-known codicil of double secret probation buried in the Faber charter. Article 2 of the Cali Constitution states in big bold letters that recall is part of the voting process. You make it sound like Issa burnt the midnite oil and stumbled upon this ancient provision that no one had ever seen before. There are plenty of legal eagles out there that know that constitution backwards and forwards, and if Issa decided to put up his 2 million (wasn't even RNC money) to invoke his rights as a citizen, it makes no difference if he is a spoiled little rich guy!

I think it is hysterical that it backfired on him too. And you may be right about them abolishing it after -- that wouldn't be the worst idea they've ever had out there.

10-04-03 10:45 AM
Sir Stonesalot But Nank....if this was such a well known clause in the document, why were Californians so shocked to learn of it's existance?

And yes, I do indeed think that Issa spent many long hours, and employed many legal eagles to find him a way to get around the election results.

The recall is the result. And it is stupid. It gives a black eye to the electoral process. This is what I am concerned about. I don't give a rat's ass about CA politics. I don't live there, and I don't want to live there. I don't give a shit about Davis, or Arnold. What I care about is the democratic process of electing people to government office.

I don't think Californians have given this thing enough thought...not about the ramifications of the damage that can be done by actually recalling an elected official. And then they are seemingly going to compound the damage by sticking a movie action hero with ZERO goverment experience into the highest office in the state. I mean, c'mon, how retarded is that?

Where are Jello Biafra and the Dead Kennedys when you need them?
10-04-03 10:55 AM
nankerphelge Well first, I don't know how much of a surprise it was. Maybe to the lay Califonian it was, since most people don't know their own laws generally -- especially state constitutions. I bet I could put up snippets of the PA constitution and you wouldn't know it from the back of a Heinze ketchup bottle -- nor would I -- I only know a bit about the VA state constitution because I had to for the bar exam. Probably wouldn't recognize it now!

And I doubt that it took Issa all that long to find a lawyer that did know about the recall. Any lawyer that specializes in election law -- and there are plenty of them in Cali -- would know of that provision's existence. It's kinda powerful! My guess is that it has never been used before because it would take an awful big blunder to get the consensus needed to actually go thru with a recall. And money! I don't know, but I bet the libs thought about it when Reagan was in office!!

Anyhow, I do agree that it is silly and adds to the perception by the public that politics is pure BS.

As far as Arnold being guv -- I don't see a thing wrong with that. If the guy is sharp enuf to have gotten where he is today, he might just be sharp enuf to help the state. I think it is good to get people with different perspectives in public office. Part of the problem with career politicians is that they are career politicians!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
10-04-03 11:02 AM
LadyJane You two still at it?

Please continue....I'm sick with a cold...thanks to days of rain and wet SNOW in Western New York!!

Need some distraction.

LadyJ.
10-04-03 11:37 AM
sirmoonie Just trying to look on the bright side here......if there is anything positive we can take from the playful sexual assaults Mr. Schwarzenegger commited, its that at least we know he's not a fag. Because he sure had us fooled, what with getting paid to lather his body in oil and go to the gym, take off his clothes, and ask other men to look at him.

Nope. We can dispell these vicious Schwarzenegger=HOMO rumors. Its patently obviously that he is bi. Like Steelie.

"Boys from Brazil me, Ronnie!"
10-04-03 12:04 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
if there is anything positive we can take from the playful sexual assaults Mr. Schwarzenegger commited, its that at least we know he's not a fag

What's wrong with being a fag?
10-04-03 12:22 PM
gypsy Hey, LadyJane! Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm at work right now...and it's gorgeous outside today.
I hope you get to feeling better.
Yeah, I wish Stoney and nanky would stop debating, and start paying more attention to us.
If Joey were here, he'd clutch us to his bosom and tell us how we are much beloved by him.
10-04-03 12:41 PM
nankerphelge Okay okay -- no more debating with Stoney!

Fact is, we aren't really that far apart on the issue anyway.

We were only doing it to pick up chicks....
10-04-03 01:27 PM
glencar The recall provision was instituted in 1912 or so under Gov. Hiram Johnson who was a Progressive Party member. It's actually been used numerous times including several times against Ronald Reagan & Jerry Brown. This is the first time it ever resulted in an actual recall election. I agree that it's a bad provision & all. As far as the GOP "stealing" anything, tis bullshet. The parties are both trying to gain power & act in essentially the same way. The Dems have the added benefit of having the LA Times handy to print articles on Ahnuld's behavior from the 1970s.
10-04-03 04:58 PM
sirmoonie

Mr. Schwarzenegger's yearbook picture from Heinrich Himmler High School. Voted mostly likely to use "the booty call" defense. Hobbies: President of Adolf Hitler fan club, playfully grabbing tits.
10-04-03 05:36 PM
sirmoonie

Mr. Schwarzenegger and his long time, dear friend Kurt Waldheim (honored by Adolf Hitler for commiting mass murder in Bosnia in 1944 and currently banned from entering the U.S. because of his participation in war crimes of the Nazi regime).
10-04-03 06:04 PM
glencar I jsut read something about how Gray Davis physically abuses his staffers. Perhaps the LA Times should look into that story. Before the election, natch.
10-04-03 06:18 PM
sirmoonie

Arnold makes jolly during a 1997 family re-union at Dachau.
10-04-03 06:32 PM
gypsy point taken
10-04-03 06:53 PM
sirmoonie Hmmm...I detect an unpleasant degree of sarcasm in your tone, Gypsy. I think you just like those smart guys with their geeky debates about stuff. Well I have feelings too!
10-04-03 08:36 PM
gypsy moonie, i wasn't being sarcastic at all. you know you're ALMOST as smart as those other two guys. but, remember this: you'll never be as smart as joey.

have you seen maria's cellulite? it's really bad.
10-04-03 10:11 PM
sirmoonie Look, just so its clear Gypsy, if you dressed up in an SS uniform and started groping women's breasts, I would vote for you.

But Arnold, no way. I admit its a double standard, but it just the way I feel about these issues.
10-04-03 11:16 PM
gypsy Cool. I was thinking of being a lesbian Nazi for Halloween anyways. I was worried it might offend some people...but, screw 'em. If they don't have a sense of humor...
10-05-03 12:49 AM
Sir Stonesalot My initials are SS. Hmmmmm. I'll bet Ahnuld will want to give me a job "terminating all opposition to Ahnuld's authority". I'd like to have a job procuring breasts for him to playfully grab. Now there is a government job that I could really sink my teeth into. Hehhehheh

Nanky is right about one thing...we were debating just to pick up chicks. It is amazing how intellect and humor can get a chick to drop her panties for you.

Gypsy...stop by my place on Helloween...I got a very special treat for you. Hehhehheh.

10-05-03 02:06 AM
steel driving hammer Well Well, if he's a Nazi Moonie, why do you post 6 or 7 pictures of him under your name?

Doesn't it ring true that if he is a Nazi like you say he is, (Yawn) why are most Californian's electing him? Your saying most Californian's are voting for a Nazi?

Hmm.
10-05-03 04:02 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Well Well, if he's a Nazi Moonie, why do you post 6 or 7 pictures of him under your name?

To express, under my name and with the aid of 6 or 7 pictures of him, that Mr. Schwarzenegger is a Nazi.

quote:
Doesn't it ring true that if he is a Nazi like you say he is, (Yawn) why are most Californian's electing him? Your saying most Californian's are voting for a Nazi?

Why yes, hammer. That is what I'm saying. You are a one quick fucking read with positively amazing deductive abilities.

Listen up faggit, you NEED to quit blowing other guys. Years of gonorrhea swallowing have finally tweaked your grey matter and made you a bigger retard than god in his infinite wisdom EVER intended for you to be.

Your fatboy whining savior is going down, BTW. Just like you did that time at Howe.

Thank me later for toning this post way the fuck down. It was one caustic motherfucker in its initial form. Actually don't thank me. Don't even respond to me and I PROMISE I will not respond to you EVER again. Its the same unilateral agreement unilaterally reached with you by most other regulars unfortunate enough to have dealt with you. You know the terms really well by now. I reserve the right to enforce them at my discretion. Bitch.
10-05-03 09:58 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Listen up faggit

Still don't understand why you think most Californian's will vote for a Nazi.
10-05-03 11:50 AM
gypsy Because most Californians are idiots...as are most Oklahomans, Nebreskans, and PEOPLE in general.
Do you comprehend now?

Oh, SS, I'm not wearing any panties. You should know that by now, silly boy.

[Edited by gypsy]
10-05-03 12:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot No panties?

Now THAT is what I'm talkin about folks! No real, true, hardcore Stoneschick would ever bother with something so trivial as panties.

I've never understood the whole teddy/naughty nighty/thong thing. Seems like a lot of money and effort to get a "Yeah that's great. Take it off."

I don't know about any of the other guys around here...but I prefer skin...and no panties. Hehhehheh.
10-05-03 01:40 PM
gypsy I realized years ago that lingerie was nothing but a hassle...an inconvenience...yeah, it's nice to look at...but, basically, you just want to get right down to 'business.' My girlfriends are always complaining about how they spent all this money on sexy lingerie that their men don't even notice. I've also found that little boy's wife-beaters with some scrub pants or shorts are just as sexy as some high-dollar Victoria's Secret ensemble.
10-05-03 02:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot One last though for Nanky, and then I quit.

Nanky, you said that you didn't think that many lay people in CA know about the recall provision. Well, it is my considered opinion that government is supposed to be all about the lay people. You know, of the people, by the people, for the people. If the lay people of CA didn't know or understand the recall provision, then it is the duty of the government to make sure that they know and understand BEFORE the provision is enacted. This did not happen in CA. It just sort of got sprung on the lay people.
This is exactly why I say that the recall is immoral. Issa and the Republican Party unleashed this on an unknowing and unsuspecting public. Just because something is legal does not mean that it is right or proper. This recall does not serve the people, it serves the Party. In my opinion, if something serves the PARTY before it serves the PEOPLE then it is WRONG and UNAMERICAN.

Now, here's something for SDH. I don't think YOU understand how this recall thingy is working. Arnold can be elected with a very small percentage of the total vote. In fact, if Arnold does get in, more people will have NOT voted for him than actually pulled his lever. Arnold's people figure that if he can pull 35% he will win easily. That means that 65% of CA DOES NOT WANT HIM!!! That does not sound like fair representation to me. You can't say things like California wants Arnold to be the Guv...because the simple fact is the the MAJORITY of Californians DON'T want Arnold to be the Guv. And this is precisely why this whole recall thing is so fucked up.

In fact, if I was a rich Californian...I would immediately start the ball rolling on a recall of Arnold if he wins. Just to prove what a mockery of democracy the whole thing is.
10-05-03 02:24 PM
gypsy God, I'm so turned on by SS's post...
Moonie, it's your turn...make it good.
[Edited by gypsy]
10-05-03 02:27 PM
Monkey Woman This board is making wonders for our sex-lives!
10-05-03 02:31 PM
LadyJane I gotta agree......nothing sexier than an intelligent man!!

C'mon boys....we are loving this.

LadyJ.
10-05-03 02:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot >nothing sexier than an intelligent man!!<

Sure there is...an intelligent woman.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5