ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saville Theatre, London December 14, 1969
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive with thanks to Fotini

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The European Tour Ends Tomorrow... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
10-02-03 01:11 PM
Moonisup I listened to Vredenburg today, and while I was there, it was great, but when I hear it back, well it was not good. There where to many shows, that I've seen that weren't good, and well they may make mistakes, if keith makes a mistake, Ronnie should back it up, and but these days they don't do that anymore, and think, well another mistake, what the hell, and numbers die, in the middle, that's the problem...

Rik
10-02-03 01:21 PM
jb Rik, the only thing I am thinking, is it possible that they do sound good at the show, but the boots just don't ...
10-02-03 01:27 PM
Monkey Woman Didn't Mick say on his birthday that he would go on rocking till 70 - at least? There's still hope!

Seriously, the shows I saw in Europe this summer were very good, some even outstanding (I'm thinking Astoria and Olympia, of course). But I think the important thing is wether they want to do it or not. As long as they feel like it, why not go on? When the public stops attending shows, they'll see soon enough if it's time to go back to their homes and nurse their old bones in front of the fire! Just kidding! Meantimes, let them rock!!! The belief that you damn well have a right to rock is at least half the battle. The rest is down to work, and luck, and a responsive audience. Or so I think...
10-02-03 01:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot But Rik....so what?

Let me ask you something, did you have a good time at those shows? Did you enjoy travelling and seeing friends and hanging out? Of course you did.

So why would you want that to stop?

Look man, there are a lot of us who enjoy not just the music, but the spectacle, the EVENT of a Stones tour. The Rolling Stones are not embarrassing themselves, the Timberlake episode not withstanding. The critics have been writing rave up reviews. Stones tickets are STILL the hottest ticket in town. This tour has done nothing to tarnish their reputation, if anything it's been enhanced!

I've got a gazillion Stones boots, and even the best shows are filled with mistakes. This type of music was written and meant to be played in a ragged manner. Perfection would actually sanitize and IMO ruin the music. At the shows that I saw, the boys looked to be having fun, and so was I...what more could you want? You know what else...there are moments in EVERY show where you find yourself standing in awe. Some shows have more of those moments than others, but a band that is tarnishing it's legacy would not have those kinds of moments at all.

Now that being said, if the current Stones don't work for you...that's certainly for you to decide. If you think they should quit don't go to any more shows. Spend your money on something else. I don't care what you do. But that does not mean that I, or anyone else, should be deprived of seeing the Stones play live again. I had a great time at the shows I saw, and I will pay up to have those good times again. And again. And again. And for as long as the band wants to play. I don't care if they come out in wheelchairs, I'm gonna go have a good time with my pals and enjoy the moment.

Maybe it's not the Stones who should retire, maybe it should be YOU.
10-02-03 01:42 PM
jb SS, I swould still like STP and the 78 rehearsals....please PM me your address again so I can send you the discs....you homo friend, Josh B.
10-02-03 01:43 PM
nankerphelge That's C10 baby!!!
10-02-03 01:50 PM
jb ssc1o
10-02-03 01:51 PM
Gazza >The "Tell Me" board is dominated by Europeans.

Considering its the website of a European fan club thats been going for over 20 years, thats a startling surprise....
10-02-03 01:53 PM
jb Oh, that explains it...LOL...
10-02-03 01:57 PM
Moonisup Hey SS!

I won't retire, and as always, if someone has a opinion on wich you don't agree, you always tend get a little bit nasty, and an opinion is an opinion, and some people over here are really having difficulties respecting ones opinion
if someone disagrees, that's OK! I have had a GREAT time, made some great new friends, but well, I thought that sometimes the stones didn't play well, and so I think they should stop, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the shows!!

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-02-03 02:02 PM
jb Rik, I think SS was just kidding...I think he respects the Dutch as they have always been our allies, unlike the Germans and French. Your people have been very good to our country, and on a personal note, helped save many jews from Hitlers ovens...for that , I will always respect the Dutch, Mahtjis withstanding.
10-02-03 02:04 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Considering its the website of a European fan club thats been going for over 20 years, thats a startling surprise....

Ah! Back when Al Gore invented the Internet!

It's not a suprise atou!

Stones are European.
10-02-03 02:04 PM
marko they did mistakes in taylor era also,and i FULLY agree
with my c-10 Bro,Sir stonesy.Even i´m myself bored to see
more stadium shows.
Actully this kind of music needs a bit mistakes.In my opinion its great to see or hear,how they react.
10-02-03 02:06 PM
Moonisup I KNOW that made mistakes, but it was BACKED up by the rest of the band members, that's very rare these days, that's what I miss
jb wait a second...its not mistakes that bother me-I love mistakes...thats the stones...it that they simply don't rock anymore..they play too fucking low and too fucking slow-that rhymes!!!
Gazza >While I do not like Mathjis one bit, I respect his commentary and Stones knowledge

yeah but you're pretty selective in whose reports and reviews you take at face value! For example,Mathijs (whose knowledge I respect as well even if I dont always agree with him) and a few others repeated the same stuff in their Astoria reviews about Mick rushing the intros through so much that he didnt introduce Chuck Leavell and that his voice went halfway through the show.

I'm listening to the CD of that show right now and neither of those things happened.

Dont take everything you read as gospel.

Agree with what you said to Rik earlier about the fact that sometimes its the recordings that suck,not the shows. A show not recorded properly is always going to have imperfections

steel driving hammer Seems were all getting ruffled up since tonight just might be the last.

Deep breaths people!
10-02-03 02:09 PM
marko i only have deep breaths when i fart.
10-02-03 02:09 PM
Gazza >Ah! Back when Al Gore invented the Internet!

Yeah,good old Al! and I thought it was that English guy Tim Berners-Lee. Re-writin' history again, eh? LOL
10-02-03 02:10 PM
Moonisup
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Seems were all getting ruffled up since tonight just might be the last.

Deep breaths people!

oh why! It's always good the hear other peoples opinions, we all can learn something from each other, everyone goes in an other way to the stones, that's cool, you don't see so many different fans at another concert!

Rik
jb Have Jazz and Vodoo retired? You seem more visible Gazza.
marko mate,check your phone!
Joey

It is my sincere belief that the Stones WILL come back to the states in 2004 . How could they not ???????????? We are all ready over here , Spread Eagle , Moist , laid back like an empty dress on purple satin sheets , with that " look " in our eye that screams out , " take me!!! , I am yours this evening and every evening -- our tears the only truth .

" And I MOVED Ronnie "

Joey T.
10-02-03 02:12 PM
steel driving hammer Joey I can also see Chicago in 04.

And I don't need no crystal ball either.
10-02-03 02:13 PM
jb How can they not? How could Kansas City be 4-0?
10-02-03 02:15 PM
Joey " How can they not? How could Kansas City be 4-0? "

Soon to be 5 - 0 my brother after they beat the crap out of Denver in Arrowhead this Sunday ( Sorry Jaxxie, Keno , Ladybird , etc . )

D.J. Joesy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !

10-02-03 02:18 PM
Gazza >Have Jazz and Vodoo retired? You seem more visible Gazza

I think you mean Jaxx.LOL. maybe they have better things to do!

No Josh,consider the fact that where I live its just gone 7 pm and I have a bit of leisure time to arse around on a pc as the TV is shite at this time of evening. In Denver and Mexico its only lunchtime.

Plus, its my turn to pay for this board this year, so maybe I'm getting my money's worth!
10-02-03 02:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot No Rik, I'm not being nasty. If I was being nasty, you would be crying right now.

Your reply to me makes no sense.

If you had a great time going to see the Stones on this last tour....why on earth would you want them to stop? Why do you want the good times to end? The end result is that the Stones made you happy...so how is this a bad thing?

I have always said that the Rolling Stones are about more than great rock n roll. They are a way of life. I am not ready for that way of life to end. I don't think the Stones are ready for it to end...there is still money to be made. What does it matter if the Stones are only in it for the money? I still had a great time, and I got my money's worth. So if they still deliver...why stop?

You see I only care about the end result...was a good time had? Did I have fun? Was it worth it? When I can answer those questions in the negative...then I'll say it's time to stop. But until then, I say play on boys....play on.
10-02-03 02:21 PM
Gazza >who has to check his phone

me. Got it Marko - thanks. Youre fucking nuts.
10-02-03 02:23 PM
jb I have this feeling your not sending me any more stuff.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5