ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saville Theatre, London December 14, 1969
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive with thanks to Fotini

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The European Tour Ends Tomorrow... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
10-01-03 10:06 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy What did people think?

-tSYX --- Notify my next of kin, this wheel shall explode....
10-01-03 10:11 AM
shakedhandswithkeith a sad day of course!
maybe they will comeback next year for some shows, but I hope for a new studio record
10-01-03 10:18 AM
steel driving hammer They can't roll on forever.

We have some good stuff comming though, the new DVD, The Who tour etc...

For the first time, I think Keith needs a little break also.

Maybe we'll get another solo album from Mick! Well actually not coz, I know that they know, their time is near, they will work as a band coz the longer they now put it off, the harder it will be.

Give em' some spark Ronnie!
10-01-03 10:27 AM
jb I think it's time to realize it's over..there will never be another Rolling Stones tour...and you know what, it's probably in everyone's best interests. They really ]slowed down this past tour and the music suffered irreparably....
10-01-03 10:48 AM
Joey

I disagree ................this is THE BEST STONES YET !!!!

In fact , it is UNBELIEVABLE STONES !!!!!!!! Keith is on fire .

I hope and pray they do a six week tour of the states so that they can hit the eight major cities they missed in the Greatest Country in the World !!!!! ( oh , and make another twenty million in the process )

D. J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca !
10-01-03 10:58 AM
steel driving hammer Yep, this Licks tour does NOT have that "Lazy Feel" that 97-98 did.

Strange but true.

The Boy's were in fire most every night in 2003.
10-01-03 11:02 AM
Joey Steelie ..........................

This link is for both you and myself -- Enjoy :

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=600280

Jazzy !
10-01-03 11:03 AM
jb How can you say that? This unquestionably was the worst guitar performances ever(particularly in Europe). I trust Rik, and he said it was not very good...with a few limited exceptions.
10-01-03 11:13 AM
Joey " How can you say that? This unquestionably was the worst guitar performances ever(particularly in Europe). I trust Rik, and he said it was not very good...with a few limited exceptions. "

I was too STONED to notice .

Come to Joey ................................

Bunnykins !
10-01-03 11:17 AM
jb Honestly Joey, when I went to Univ. of Fla. from 80-84, we were blessed with unquestionably the finest dope ever cultivated on the continental U.S.....buds so lusch and thick with diamond like crystals hanging from them. Getting high was a way of life back then...and I have no regrets. However, almost immediately upon graduating, I stopped partying and have honestly maybe smoked dope 3-4 times in the last 20 years....Some of my friends still get high on a weekly basis, but it just didn't feel the same for me after college.
10-01-03 11:18 AM
Jumacfly i dont agree JB: the worst performance on guitar was the VL tour....imo of course....
10-01-03 11:21 AM
jb Really...I agree that certain songs sucked on that tour(Rocks-Off and Heartbreaker wer abominable), but the sound was louder and I think Keith still had it...just my opinion.
10-01-03 11:33 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
jb wrote:
How can you say that?

Very easily.

Rik is just one person giving a review. I've read numerous reports, reviews that say just the opposite. Also right after the show, people in the street saying I've never heard The Boy's this good.

The more one nick picks at things, yes the more they'll find errors like maybe Keith didn't play that note or Mick didn't hit that high note, but over all, this European Tour was an Outstanding success in performance quality.
10-01-03 11:34 AM
Joey " buds so lusch and thick with diamond like crystals hanging from them. "

Josh ..................................when you talk like that you make Joey more and more moist .

Why don't you party anymore ?????

Why don't you drink much ????????

Why don't you take shots of " Bakers " on Friday evenings ?

Why won't you come to the bar Friday night with my " crew " and myself and stand at Charleston's Footrail and watch the Cubbies win their first playoff series since 1945 ???????

Why ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!

WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!

JACKY !

10-01-03 11:40 AM
jb Believe it or not, I think I am taking a holiday trip to Kuschners in the Catskills this fall...you know, Patrick ZSwayze and Jennifer Grey territory ftom 'Dirty Dacing"...By the way, what the hell happened to his career...the guy was awesome in "Roadhouse".
10-01-03 11:41 AM
Joey " Believe it or not, I think I am taking a holiday trip to Kuschners in the Catskills this fall...you know, Patrick ZSwayze and Jennifer Grey territory ftom 'Dirty Dacing"

{{{{ ? }}}}}

" ...By the way, what the hell happened to his career...the guy was awesome in "Roadhouse". "

See Mick Taylor ......................

See Jeff Beck ......................

See me get up to take a pee ..........

D.J.
10-01-03 11:46 AM
jb Monday is Yom Kippur -the day of atonement. Millions of hypercritcal jews, like myself, will go to temple this one day a year, and ask god to forgive us for all our sins...the list of sins is mindbogglind and I will be sitting there next to the wifey and kids and have say things like "God forgive me for the sin of adultery", 'God , forgive me for the sin of lust", "God, forgive me for the sin of gluttony"....oh my god...
10-01-03 11:49 AM
sirmoonie Let me know if you guys see any good threads to hijack today. I've got some down time and I don't want to waste it doing anything productive.
10-01-03 11:51 AM
jb The MT picture thread is a good one.
10-01-03 11:59 AM
Joey " Monday is Yom Kippur -the day of atonement. "

Well Happy Happy Yommy !!!!! May your Seder plates this weekend be filled with Sea Scallops in a rich plum sauce with Asparagus coated in soothing butter or Holindase sauce and Garlic Mashed potatoes or stewed vegetables .

" Millions of hypercritcal jews, like myself, will go to temple this one day a year, and ask god to forgive us for all our sins...the list of sins is mindbogglind and I will be sitting there next to the wifey and kids and have say things like "God forgive me for the sin of adultery", 'God , forgive me for the sin of lust", "God, forgive me for the sin of gluttony"....oh my god... "

Take your secretary to Temple instead and have her wear her " wardrobe " of Thongs and High Heels .

" Let Rabbi Katzman choke on THAT one Ronnie "

JAZZY JOE !

10-01-03 12:01 PM
sirmoonie I wonder what Heidi Fleiss will atone for tomorrow?
10-01-03 12:11 PM
Joey " I wonder what Heidi Fleiss will atone for tomorrow? "

Her Vagina !

{ CA - RACK ! }

Triple Ronnie

Cubby !

10-01-03 12:23 PM
sirmoonie I wonder what your buddy Novak will atone for Joey?

I can't believe this guy! Holding the entire adminstration hostage, making it turn itself upside down looking for e-mails and notes! What a scumbag!

Someone needs to have a talk with that jackass.

"Look, Novie, there is a war going on. Someone in the Bush administration likes to leak the names of CIA agents fighting that war. They might do it again. You know who that person is. You can either keep playing your little TV talking head games and yacking about who called who, or you can give us the name right now. Don't take this the wrong way, Novie, but some people somewhere might not like it if you don't give us the name. People who might decide to take a personal interest in your career. People who have read the Patriot Act very carefully. You know, "those people." Choose wisely Novie, I'd hate to see you shadow dancing in Marion. Remember, tomorrow is Mong Kippur."
10-01-03 12:24 PM
jb Novak hates Israel Moonie.
10-01-03 12:28 PM
Joey " I wonder what your buddy Novak will atone for Joey? "

We will find out Saturday Evening on CNN's " Capital Gang " program .

What ?!?!?!?! Oh , sure : 6:00 PM CDT !!!!!

Jacky

10-01-03 12:35 PM
sirmoonie WHAT?? Why does Novak hate Israel? I thought he was Jewish? Is he one of them there whatchacall Uncle Tombergs?
10-01-03 12:48 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Umm...

I'm gonna go find Let It Be... Naked for awhile. I think we've OD-ed on Stones-talk, which can happen from time to time, but honestly...

-tSYX --- Tears of rage, tears of grief...
10-01-03 04:13 PM
marko I´m happy that its over!travelling and getting all the shows
gets too expensive.But this wasn´t the last time.
10-01-03 04:17 PM
jb But honestly Marko, it should be....
10-01-03 04:19 PM
marko Hmm yes and no,they still play very well,sometime very much
energy,but they played TOO MUCH on this tour.3 or 4 shows a
week is way too much,when you´re 60! i say 2-3 at the most.
and keep it small,so it stays interesting.they still have lots of non-played songs.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5