ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: maybe we should change forums Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
09-11-03 07:07 PM
gypsy And what are the odds that they are all barbers named "Nguyen?"
Very fishy...
09-11-03 07:29 PM
stewed & Keefed Let's talk Cricket....
09-11-03 07:45 PM
Fiji Joe There's no crying in football
09-11-03 07:53 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Let's talk Cricket....

good idea S&K - now you have one of our greats on your board of selectors you may start getting yourselves back on track

unfortunately talkin about the great game of australian rules football is a little pointless around here - it would probably descend into a two way conversation between myself and corgi with everybody else shouting "get a room you two"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
09-11-03 07:58 PM
Fiji Joe Austrailian Rules? I always liked to watch that game. That little score gesture the referee (umpire) gives just kills me...Do they have schools where they teach that?
09-11-03 08:00 PM
stonedinaustralia hey feej - glad you like the game - we are in finals month now

i also enjoy your version of "football" - who's the early season tip for the Super Bowl??
09-11-03 11:46 PM
Some Guy Tampa Bay Be!!
09-11-03 11:46 PM
Some Guy Tampa Bay Be!!!
[Edited by Some Guy]
09-12-03 07:57 AM
Jeremy Beadles Hand Shit, Shite, Red & White...

...Man United!

Bolton Wanderers Forever.

For those who've never heard of these teams, they're football teams. REAL football teams with REAL names. The kind of football where you use your FOOT to kick a BALL. Get it? And there's none of this 'New York Giants' or 'East Side Dingos' (or whatever aussie rules temas call themselves.

I'm english, we invented the game, you didn't so stop calling whatever it is you play 'football' and think of a proper name.

Sorry about that, it really winds me up. especially when it gets called 'soccer'.

I like the stones as well.
09-12-03 08:50 AM
Jumacfly Bolton is Youri Djorkaeff team ???
i m also fan of "soccer"!

Kath, do you like soccer?? :==)
09-12-03 08:52 AM
Jumacfly England won t win the Euro 2004 ...the national team is crappy compared to the high level of the premier league, the most beautiful definition of football!!!

cheers

Ju
09-12-03 10:18 AM
Jeremy Beadles Hand That is correct

We do have the mighty Youri Djorkaeff, the man's a legend. We also have Jay Jay Okotcha (Nigerian Captain)and Mario Jardel (former Brazilian international and European champions league winner).

We're still shite though!

England won't win Euro 2004, but look out for Wayne Rooney (those of you who don't live in the UK) he's going to be better than pele, I guarantee it!!!
09-12-03 11:02 AM
Boomy What would be the Australian rules for running a message board?

Yeah, we should change the forums. How about if we Don't talk about the Stones anymore????????????????????/
09-12-03 01:25 PM
Egbert Hey Kath - need help with a few picks for my NFL pool - thought you may be able to (insert Stones content) Shine A Light. Home team in CAPS:

INDY -2 Tennessee
TAMPA -9.5 Carolina
BALTIMORE -2.5 Cleveland
ST LOUIS -3 San Fran

Thanks!

Egbert
09-12-03 09:27 PM
Fiji Joe "I'm english, we invented the game, you didn't so stop calling whatever it is you play 'football' and think of a proper name."

hee haa...I for one am glad there is be none of that melodramatic fake flopping for a penalty card every time one player gets with in three feet of another...Where I'm from, the only people who play soccer are those who can't play baseball, basketball, or football
09-12-03 09:53 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Hey Kath - need help with a few picks for my NFL pool - thought you may be able to (insert Stones content) Shine A Light. Home team in CAPS:

INDY -2 Tennessee
TAMPA -9.5 Carolina
BALTIMORE -2.5 Cleveland
ST LOUIS -3 San Fran

Thanks!

Egbert

are you kidding, eggbert? I disagree so strongly that I'm gonna go against all of those bets, individually and in a parlay.
09-12-03 10:01 PM
glencar Anybody ever play Gaelic football?
09-14-03 08:46 PM
Boomy Gosh damn 49ers!!!

And why shouldn't we talk about football? Football and the Stones have a great relationship. You go to a game or you turn your TV set all the way up at the opening kick-off and you hear the chords to "Start Me Up" blasting off. That song is the anthem for the opening kick-off in football.

Just watched the opening kick-off for this Bears-Vikings game and the kick returner on the Vikings was lip synching "you make a grown man crrrryyyyyyyyy, you make a grown man crrryyyyyyy".
[Edited by Skinny Jim]
[Produced by Don Was]
[Written by Boomy and the Hobojobos]
[Edited by Boomy]
09-14-03 09:22 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

are you kidding, eggbert? I disagree so strongly that I'm gonna go against all of those bets, individually and in a parlay.

split the difference with you eggbert - cleveland sucks this year.
09-15-03 04:39 AM
Jumacfly Jeremy, i follow Rooney since last year, he really reminds me a certain Gazza....
Anyway Bolton is a team i really appreciate!!

here in france Montpellier lost in game in the injury time, as often this season....i m very disapointed ...
Cheers
09-15-03 07:52 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Boomy wrote:

And why shouldn't we talk about football?

Yeah. Speaking of football, the Pat's pretty much squashed the Eagles. I do feel bad for Donovan MacSacked though....after that horrible tongue lashing the coach must have given him in the locker room.
09-15-03 08:47 PM
mac_daddy yeah - the pats needed that one after being demoralized in Buffalo the week before. PHI was a good win for them...
09-15-03 09:02 PM
Mother baby Yeah we needed it. But I'm kind of glad Buffalo won, Belichick needed a slap in the face after what he did to Milloy....and maybe Bledsoe too. Oh well I do feel kind of sorry for MackSacked, they gotta work now.

Wait a minute...what am I thinking. I don't feel sorry for any NFC team.
[Edited by Mother baby]
09-19-03 08:02 AM
mac_daddy week 3

here's the card:

NE 6 1/2 nyj
pitt 4 1/2 CINN
INDY 7 1/2 jax
minn 3 1/2 DET
TN 4 1/2 no
tb 4 ATL
kc 8 HOU
WASH 2 1/2 nyg
gb 7 1/2 AZ
SEA 3 stl
balt 1 SD
SF 7 cleve
MIA 3 buf
DEN 5 oak

but the game of the week is:

MIAMI-FLORIDA 11 BOSTON COLLEGE

*Time Change - 7:45 PM

actually the spread is 12.5 now (it opened at 11). It's a long shot, but what the hell - maybe the good guys can win one at home!!!
09-19-03 10:23 AM
jb I'M RELIEVED THAT KATH51 AND KR210 LEFT...THEY NEVER REALLY FIT IN HERE.
09-19-03 11:21 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox surest bet of the week - take the steelers -4.5 against cinci.

jb, will you be coming to heinz field nov. 29 to see the hurricaines take on pitt for the rights to play in the sugar?
09-19-03 11:28 AM
jb Last time I traveled to a game was for Shula's breaking the NFL win mark against Philadelphia...The Philadelphia fans are the lowest form of scum one could ever encounter....
I am a bit worried about this weekend as BC plays us tough...Pitt has a great team this year...IN fact, I think the Big East is a very underrated conference.
I will be attending the Dolphins-Bills game sunday night....I always loved Bledsoe...reminds me of a young Dan Marino(not quite as good reading the coverages, but what an arm)....I think it will be a really exciting game...my prediction is Bills 28 Phins 24
09-19-03 12:13 PM
glencar I'm just glad that tile-buying bitch didn't find her way here. What a see you next Tuesday!
09-19-03 12:14 PM
jb What are you referring to Glencar?
09-19-03 12:17 PM
glencar One of the back-turning posters over there bought tiles from Brian Jones' pool. I referred to her as a ghoul & she got all huffy.
[Edited by glencar]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5