ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: maybe we should change forums Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
09-08-03 02:53 PM
kath instead of putting NSC next to threads, i think we should put NFC next to threads for "no football content". then those who don't give a rat's ass about football on a stonesboard (or anywhere else for that matter) can skip to the ones we wanna read....

jb can put that on his "laptop" (the mind reels about what is going on in that area) and smoke it.

but i digress....
09-08-03 02:57 PM
jb Kath51, one of my guilty pleasures was singing the great Mac Davis song "I believe in music" ....I don't know what happened to him after the movie he made with Nick Nolte(North Dallas 40)....I think he has written a lot of great songs and hope he is well..
09-08-03 04:19 PM
steel driving hammer Kath, how bout' those Oklahoma Sooners eh!

Watch next Monday Night Football in Chicago and you'll see me round the 20 yardline middle level on the West side of the Stadium, I will wear my Stones black and white Exile tee shirt!
09-08-03 04:21 PM
Joey " I don't know what happened to him after the movie he made with Nick Nolte(North Dallas 40).... "

North Dallas Forty is a classic flick .

" Gonna eat him up , like white on rice ! "

I also like how Mac Davis called Nick Nolte " poot " throughout the film -- Oh , and the character " Jo Bob "

" Jo Bob LIVES Ronnie "

O.W. Joey !
09-08-03 04:21 PM
KeithRichards210 GO 49ERS!!!! 49-7, BABY!!
09-08-03 04:27 PM
steel driving hammer Yeah, but the first few games aren't really important as CYHMK is Ronnie's song.

;^)
09-08-03 04:27 PM
Nellcote Pats TANKED. It's only the first game though..

We get Bledsoe last game of the year, which will be a battle.

JB, how 'bout those Texans, BAAAAAAAAAAAABY!

Hey Kath, here @ RO, it's a field day for topics.
NO HOLDS BARRED.

Hell, I dug the volleyball on ABC this weekend!

I'm sure the Stones go for watching snooker tourney's now & then, so sports is cool.

Chill, baby, chill!
09-08-03 04:29 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Yeah, but the first few games aren't really important as CYHMK is Ronnie's song.

;^)

LMAO!!!!
09-08-03 04:33 PM
jb Nellcote, being a dolphin fan is almost as unbearable as being a redsox fan..every year promises of making it back to the big game only to finish 9-7 or 10-6 andlose in the first round of the play-offs.....Yesterday, was a new low ...we traditional start off strong and then flop...it seems to have started early....

Music is a continental language if you know what I mean
people who believe in music are the happiest people I've ever seen...
09-08-03 04:46 PM
kath i reiterate josh, the activity that must be going on around your lapatorial region must be frenetic.
09-08-03 04:51 PM
Nellcote Red Sox vs Marlins World Series '03

Battle of teams formerally and presently owned by Straw Hat Magnate, Boca Resident, probable JB drinking buddy John Henry!

Red Sox in 5!
09-08-03 06:18 PM
beer [quote]kath wrote:
instead of putting NSC next to threads, i think we should put NFC next to threads for "no football content". then those who don't give a rat's ass about football on a stonesboard (or anywhere else for that matter) can skip to the ones we wanna read....

-------------------------------

I agree, this is getting fuckin ridiculous.
09-08-03 07:22 PM
Miss U. I think we should put (SC) beside any threads that start with stones content & actually continue to be about stones content without digressing to 12-yr old level.
09-08-03 07:36 PM
Boomy What a crock of shit...
09-08-03 07:49 PM
kath i don't think it's too much to ask that a football conversation be noted as a football thread. you can talk about anything you want, but if it's gonna be football, just let the rest of us know so we don't have to dredge through it all. i really don't think it's an unreasonable request. yes, i know RO is an open forum, and i LOVE it for that (as opposed to the constantly monitored and deleted boards and e mail groups) but that doesn't mean ALL of us wanna read about football.
09-08-03 07:58 PM
corgi37 Of course, you all realise your brand of "football" is a joke to everyone with taste. Aussie Rules football is THE game. No faggy helmets or padding, no wimpy time outs, no lace hankerchief complete change of teams. Just pure unadulterated action. Brutal, viscious, skillfull and a joy to watch. Expecially with a runny meat pie and real beer (as opposed to watered down froth like Budweiser). The Grand Final is on in 3 weeks at the incredible Melbourne Cricket Ground. Home of the 1956 Olympics, and venue for the 2 devastating nights the Stones took it over in March 95 for their Voodoo Lounge tour. Cricket nuts Mick and Charlie were given a private tour of the historic "long room" on that visit. Oddly, 70,000 people attended that 1st gig in 95, which is virtually the same amount expected at the Grand Final. Of course, the capacity of the ground is currently reduced to that figure due to construction of a new stand, but eventally the capacity will be back to about 100,000. This is due for completion for the Commonwealth Games to be held there in a couple of years. Which, when you think about it, could be the ideal venue for the Stones next tour! Hey, why not get them to open the games?
09-08-03 08:14 PM
mac_daddy well I know enough to stay away from the Shania Twain forum - unless there are pics of her naked, then I might look...

but I have tried to post football threads, and no-one responds. However, if I was a Penn State or Dolphin booster, I would be ducking for cover now, too...

some more thoughts:
it is a going to be a long season for me as a Patriot fan (at least I saw them whip the Rams in the Super Bowl a few years back - and yes, I was there)...

I read something the other day that said the days of dominance for this group of Raiders are over, they just don't know it yet - turer words have never been spoken...

How psyched am I that I picked up J Harrington for my fantasy team?

Speaking of fantasy - do you think I will get 16 games out of Fred Taylor?

Oh - an one giant FUCK YOU to the Dolphins who quashed my campaign in this year's suicide pool (I knew I should have taken Denver)!

09-08-03 09:09 PM
Nellcote Kath;

The beauty of this board is that the admin folks are very flexible with what goes & what does not go here. I have had items of my own eliminated in the past, however, BFD! You are quite able to see "The Ancient Art Of Weaving" in any of the threads, as items are in and out several times. Forgive me, however I am conjuring up images of "the nuns" from my youth wanting me to practice the "Palmer" method of handwriting correctly, or I would get my knuckles beaten with a ruler, when you speak of titleing threads. (After the church scandal, I wonder what those nuns wanted by beating my fingers anyway?) Use your best Evelyn Wood speed reading, move past the postings if you do not find content that does not interest you.

Mac Daddy, I was there with ya bro! Section 646, Row 24, Seat 4. Witness to NE Football History. What unmitigated blast. Got together with the four of us whom went this past weekend, to trade war stories on the event. Pictures in my office for all clients to see! Keep the Faith, the season will be ok.....
09-08-03 09:31 PM
beer i think Kath's point is that it is frustrating when you click on an interesting Stones related or Music related topic that you want to find out info about, and you have to sift through page after page of sports bullshit or scroll past Jb's endless off topic nonsense. Though it would be cool if the administrators created a special little room where all the sports fanatics could play grab ass with each other.
09-08-03 09:45 PM
kath thanks, beer. exactly what i was trying to say. you summed it up nicely. thank you!
09-08-03 10:02 PM
BILL PERKS POST SOMETHING INTERESTING,WITH STONES CONTENT,AND WE WONT TALK FOOTBALL!
09-09-03 04:05 AM
Doxa I think Finland beats England in football any time...

The poor old England doesn't have any tradition in that game. It takes more than the attitude.

Better than Luxembourg, still.

Doxa
09-09-03 04:39 AM
Jumacfly Bill perks!! you re totally right!!
anyway Kath what s your favorite football team???
09-09-03 08:59 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Bill perks!! you re totally right!!
anyway Kath what s your favorite football team???

LOL!!
09-09-03 09:33 AM
Joey " sift through page after page of sports bullshit or scroll past Jb's endless off topic nonsense................."

You make Joshy cry like Baby and snort snot !
09-09-03 09:39 AM
Boomy BTW, I'd like to know where you've seen "page after page" of sports talk around here?

I ran through those things and there's probably not more than 10 posts that mention football.
09-09-03 09:43 AM
steel driving hammer Just wait till the World Cup starts over there!

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

09-09-03 09:50 AM
jb This board has been working perfectly fine in the current format....for you to migrate over here from "Shidoobee", and then suggest the format be changed, is quite appalling. We have establihed that you, along with some others despise my posts. As SS said, skip em....as you know, in :"shidoobeeland" posts are limited to Stones topics and it is a fantastic site...here, the administrators(whom I happen to be personal friends with) give us unlimited flexibility to discuss all topics-not just the Stones. Yes, if someone goes too far the post is deleted, but don't think you are going to come here and attempt to form some coalition to change the board and or get me banned...it will never happen !!! There is a group of people who hate me who you can join...they include, but are not limited to the following posters:Glencar, Lucad4, McQueen, JaggaRichard, KR210, and a few others whom seem to slip my mind at the moment....you can allie yourself with this group and find comfort knowing there are others like you who seek my demise....I , however, promise my real friends, people like Joey, Max, Throbby, Telecaster,Lady jane, SIA, Boomy, Parmeda, SS, and others that I will not be defeated by the "posts of personal destruction"....I will fight the good fight and hopefully all freedom loving posters will join the battle.
[Edited by jb]
09-09-03 09:52 AM
Joey " I , however, promise my real friends, people like Joey, Max, Throbby, SIA, Boomy, Parmeda, SS, and others that I will not be defeated by the "posts of personal destruction"....I will fight the good fight and hopefully all freedom loving posters will join the battle. "

You are much loved by the Joey .

" Let's fight for Israel "

Joey Sharon !
09-09-03 09:59 AM
jb Thank you Joey...as a born again christian of jewish background, I believe in the coming of our lord and savior Jesus Christ and pray for him to forgive these people...armegedon is near and only a free Israel will allow our messiah to return and kill all the non-bleivers so we can live forever in paradise.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5