ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Little T&A Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
22nd September 2006 01:07 PM
FotiniD The horns should go - and I mean go, bye-bye, so long, finito - from all Stones live gigs.

I agree with Saint Sway - they did sound wonderful on Exile. And the horn section they got on stage with them today is marvelous, they're good musicians BUT it's ruining the whole Stones sound. Glittery Vegas feeling and covering up mistakes, that's all they do.

I'm 100% sure the Stones would sound a lot better without the backup singers and the horns section - mistakes included.
22nd September 2006 01:08 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Horns overwhelmed Live With Me in the past but they've been more subdued of late. It's been kicking ass lately. I know Keith will read our posts & kill teh horns on this song. Or else switch to All About You.

I would prefer All About You and Wanna Hold You to YGTS and T&A.
22nd September 2006 01:10 PM
jb The horns worked fine when only Bobby K. and Jim Price-those guys added as opposed to overwhelm the song(see Nicky versus Chuck as well).
22nd September 2006 01:47 PM
SweetVirginia Here's a video clip from Shidoobee (I posted it in the Foxboro thread a little while ago).

22nd September 2006 01:50 PM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Here's a video clip from Shidoobee (I posted it in the Foxboro thread a little while ago).

OY vey!!! Far worse than I expected!!!
22nd September 2006 01:54 PM
Drewby wow wee
Thats pretty bad
22nd September 2006 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
Drewby wrote:
wow wee
Thats pretty bad

If anyone is not cringing in embarrassment over that, you are in denial...I understand why he has not "broken " this one out earlier...really sad-as Jizzy posted...Jizzy was, as usual, dead on.
[Edited by jb]
22nd September 2006 01:58 PM
SweetVirginia As Glencar said ealeir...it was the lone dissappointment for most of us that night. The show was a blast otherwise.

22nd September 2006 02:00 PM
Drewby Im going to have to watch that one again to really believe what i am hearing.....this cant be the band that we all know and love
this is horrible
22nd September 2006 02:03 PM
twicks1 This is surprising to you? We've all seen/heard the modern-day Stones enough by now to know that the first time they dust off any old gem is pretty rough. Look at "Sway"...shaky as hell in Columbus, currently kicking ass.

I just hope it stays in the set long enough to improve.
22nd September 2006 02:06 PM
jb
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
This is surprising to you? We've all seen/heard the modern-day Stones enough by now to know that the first time they dust off any old gem is pretty rough. Look at "Sway"...shaky as hell in Columbus, currently kicking ass.

I just hope it stays in the set long enough to improve.

The difference is you have Mick , who can overcome the missing guitars....I don't see where/how this could get better....Howe embarrassing ...almost feel sorry for KR-but he gets the last laugh with 400 million plus in the bank..
22nd September 2006 02:06 PM
Saint Sway if they bring in the horns on Sway. I walk.
22nd September 2006 02:07 PM
Drewby You are right. I thought Sway was done nicely for the first time tho.
At least Charlie is keeping the beat going. Ronnie and, especially keith, are all over the place. No magic weave on that one!
22nd September 2006 02:08 PM
Poplar
certainly not Keith at his best...
that said, Keith has always drifted back and forth between worthlessness and surprisingly solid. clearly not one of his better moments there. i also checked out the Sway video, and it was fine... so, eh.
22nd September 2006 02:09 PM
Drewby k
[Edited by Drewby]
22nd September 2006 02:09 PM
jb
quote:
Drewby wrote:
You are right. I thought Sway was done nicely for the first time tho.
At least Charlie is keeping the beat going. Ronnie and, especially keith, are all over the place. No magic weave on that one!

Some people truly fail to recognize the sad demise of KR/RW...w/out being sarcastic, I honestly think they have been MIA since the 97 B2B tour....Keith was still marginal, but this past tour / accident/ arthritis has taken it's toll.
22nd September 2006 02:11 PM
Drewby The first time i saw them on Licks, keith was on fire....or at least i thought he was..I couldnt even imagine how well he played on previous tours
22nd September 2006 02:14 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

How does his hairpiece look? I know he is growing the back and sides out, but is he using coverage for slick/bald crown area?

no covering for top... black as ronnies hair though and some heavier than usual mascara... pot belly got to go!
22nd September 2006 02:15 PM
chevysales
quote:
throbby wrote:
How about on Brown Sugar. First time I've seen him go all the down the catwalk to the b stage area to work the crowd.

i believe he did the same in hartford if i remember correctly
22nd September 2006 02:16 PM
Drewby too many shepards pies....keith get the munchies often
22nd September 2006 02:18 PM
jb I feel bad that Throbby had to see keith like this....this must have been a major tolilet /berr break...I mean thatis plain dreadful...I hope by the 29th he is a bit more "on",
[Edited by jb]
22nd September 2006 02:21 PM
Drewby Keith needs to hire a personal trainer....Im sure he can afford a good one...He needs to play tennis and ride his bike more often....Id like to play keith in a tennis match
22nd September 2006 02:22 PM
PeerQueer Keith has been even more inconsistent this tour than past, and feedback has been his playing is not up to snuff since returning from the head injury. They were solid when I caught them in Europe, but I noted Keith was the weakest link on that stage - and I hate to admit that because he is my fave Stone. Mick n Charlie anchor these shows...as does...Chuck.

I am convinced the tree fall was far more serious than the Stones Camp let on, and that Keith should have taken more time off. I don't mind the crooning thing during his set though - in fact, I actually prefer that to some of Micks gyrations - he's looking a bit silly at times. The guy is finally looking his age, and it's getting tough to pull that act off. (Amazing body though - no doubt!)

As for Keith's hair, shit, whatever-------the guy is still with us, and his hair looks ok, though I wish he would lose the dye job.

Gonna catch Dylan soon...his album continues to grow on me. The man is still musically relevent at 65 years of age...wish the Stones could dig deeper and pull that off too.
22nd September 2006 02:23 PM
Drewby
quote:
jb wrote:
I feel bad that Throbby had to see keith like this....this must have been a major tolilet /berr break...I mean thatis plain dreadful...I hope by the 29th he is a bit more "on",
[Edited by jb]

If keith is like that on the 29th, i will cry
that is by far the worst performance of a song on the tour
22nd September 2006 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
Drewby wrote:
Keith needs to hire a personal trainer....Im sure he can afford a good one...He needs to play tennis and ride his bike more often....Id like to play keith in a tennis match

Keith has had way too many yes men, and I am sure Mick would never confront him over his abyssmal playing. I would not be surprised if his people tell him how "great" that sounded...when everyone tells you how great you are, you tend top beleive it, when the facts say loud and clear otherwise...
22nd September 2006 02:24 PM
jb
quote:
Drewby wrote:

If keith is like that on the 29th, i will cry
that is by far the worst performance of a song on the tour

Horrifying...the only thing I can tell you is thatit never sounds thatbad when you are actually attending...it's these videos and boots that really make you cry..
22nd September 2006 02:26 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Keith has been even more inconsistent this tour than past, and feedback has been his playing is not up to snuff since returning from the head injury. They were solid when I caught them in Europe, but I noted Keith was the weakest link on that stage - and I hate to admit that because he is my fave Stone. Mick n Charlie anchor these shows...as does...Chuck.

I am convinced the tree fall was far more serious than the Stones Camp let on, and that Keith should have taken more time off. I don't mind the crooning thing during his set though - in fact, I actually prefer that to some of Micks gyrations - he's looking a bit silly at times. The guy is finally looking his age, and it's getting tough to pull that act off. (Amazing body though - no doubt!)

As for Keith's hair, shit, whatever-------the guy is still with us, and his hair looks ok, though I wish he would lose the dye job.

Gonna catch Dylan soon...his album continues to grow on me. The man is still musically relevent at 65 years of age...wish the Stones could dig deeper and pull that off too.

Agree with most of what yopu said...he certainly was not that bad at the NA shows i saw last year...some where he really played well(RCMH).
22nd September 2006 02:29 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

Agree with most of what yopu said...he certainly was not that bad at the NA shows i saw last year...some where he really played well(RCMH).

________

So you're diggin Dylan too!

Excellent!
22nd September 2006 02:29 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

If anyone is not cringing in embarrassment over that, you are in denial...I understand why he has not "broken " this one out earlier...really sad-as Jizzy posted...Jizzy was, as usual, dead on.
[Edited by jb]

First of all, I have to reject the "as usual" in that post. He's never dead on. He's just an ass. And as I noted earlier, this was a disappointment. I think they almost gave up halfway through...
22nd September 2006 02:30 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
First of all, I have to reject the "as usual" in that post. He's never dead on. He's just an ass. And as I noted earlier, this was a disappointment. I think they almost gave up halfway through...

I feel bad you had to see this Glencar-you deserved better. Did you feel embarrassed?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)