ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Little T&A Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
22nd September 2006 11:20 AM
Lethargy Can't believe they brought back this one after all these years. Took 'em long enough! Tell me more, those who were there. How was it? How was Keith/Ronnie? Were Lisa and company a part of it?

I know this tune was probably discussed in the larger thread for the boston show, but I think this unexpected break-out warrants its own thread.

Suddenly I want to attend shows this fall after all...
22nd September 2006 11:23 AM
CraigP It was a trip. Too bad they still couldn't play it (horns and all). Keith barely hit a note on his Tele during it.
But I'm not complaining. I loved it.

I was shocked to hear the raw opening riff. A coincidence since I had been watching the '81 live on http://youtube.com/watch?v=R7DeQvPzzNE&mode=related&search=
[Edited by CraigP]
22nd September 2006 11:27 AM
jb Horns=disgrace. Keiuth cannot rock anymore at all.
22nd September 2006 11:29 AM
glencar I have to say thta this was my only disappointment during an otherwise FABULOUS show. The horns knocked me for a loop. I know 1981 was 25 years ago & the memory fades but I didn't recall horns the first time around. Ay yi yi!
22nd September 2006 11:30 AM
Lethargy
quote:
CraigP wrote:
It was a trip. Too bad they still couldn't play it (horns and all). Keith barely hit a note on his Tele during it.
But I'm not complaining. I loved it.

Horns on T&A? Ouch. Totally in appropriate. The song should be nasty and raw guitars only. Bum notes/words are actually ok. Remember the 81/82 tour? Some of the sloppiest singing and playing ever, esp. Keith's numbers. So it's no biggie to me if he's sloppy now, as long as he plays his axe (and that might be questionable from what some have said).
22nd September 2006 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have to say thta this was my only disappointment during an otherwise FABULOUS show. The horns knocked me for a loop. I know 1981 was 25 years ago & the memory fades but I didn't recall horns the first time around. Ay yi yi!

Keith is really bad...probably using horns for lead guitar breaks..
[Edited by jb]
22nd September 2006 11:31 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Keith is really bad...probably using horns for lead guitar breaks..
[Edited by jb]

It's really sad...
22nd September 2006 11:32 AM
glencar
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Horns on T&A? Ouch. Totally in appropriate. The song should be nasty and raw guitars only. Bum notes/words are actually ok. Remember the 81/82 tour? Some of the sloppiest singing and playing ever, esp. Keith's numbers. So it's no biggie to me if he's sloppy now, as long as he plays his axe (and that might be questionable from what some have said).

In 1981, Keith only sang the one song. It was much more entertaining back then. The horns didn't just intrude; they took over the joint!
22nd September 2006 12:22 PM
throbby jb wrote:
Horns=disgrace. Keiuth cannot rock anymore at all.

I didn't care for the horns either, but it was great to see Keith do the song. He took a step out of the comfort zone which is a step in the right direction.

JB, Keith can most certainly still rock unless that was Ronnie playing both guitars on Midnight Rambler.
22nd September 2006 12:28 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
jb wrote:
Horns=disgrace. Keiuth cannot rock anymore at all.

I didn't care for the horns either, but it was great to see Keith do the song. He took a step out of the comfort zone which is a step in the right direction.

JB, Keith can most certainly still rock unless that was Ronnie playing both guitars on Midnight Rambler.

His set has been greatly diminished the last few years..the dropping/leaning on the guitar, the lack of the total emasculation of "Happy", and the horrific ballads that cause even the most die hard fans to cringe w/embarrassment......
22nd September 2006 12:29 PM
Saint Sway horns one Little T&A????? WHY???? WHY??????
WHY?????????????????????????
22nd September 2006 12:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
horns one Little T&A????? WHY???? WHY??????
WHY?????????????????????????

Itwas raelly sad...But still more interesting than any 1/2 hour of a BC show. Sorry but it's true.
22nd September 2006 12:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Itwas raelly sad...But still more interesting than any 1/2 hour of a BC show. Sorry but it's true.

what exactly was the interesting part???

Wasit the part where the poser lead guitarist can't play anymore and they bring the Vegas horn quintet in to cover him??
22nd September 2006 12:37 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

what exactly was the interesting part???

Wasit the part where the poser lead guitarist can't play anymore and they bring the Vegas horn quintet in to cover him??

Everyone says Ronnie carried keith!!! can you imagine that??
22nd September 2006 12:38 PM
glencar His singing on the song was actually quite nice. It was better on YGTS but still...
22nd September 2006 12:41 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
His singing on the song was actually quite nice. It was better on YGTS but still...

How does his hairpiece look? I know he is growing the back and sides out, but is he using coverage for slick/bald crown area?
22nd September 2006 12:42 PM
glencar It looks better now that it's longer. A weave would be better...
22nd September 2006 12:44 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
It looks better now that it's longer. A weave would be better...

Agreed.....Mick's hair is 100% natural as is Ronnies. Charlie went bald early, but he looks the best!!! An impecable dresser!!!
22nd September 2006 12:47 PM
throbby Charlie really seemed to be enjoying himself Wednesday night.
22nd September 2006 12:47 PM
glencar Charlei aged fastest but did it best! Mick's face looks horrid. Still, I respect him for leaving it untouched. And he's a force of fucking nature! I got chills watching that video of Sway this am.
22nd September 2006 12:52 PM
Saint Sway This song has been in my top wish list forever. Was really stoked when I saw the set list yesterday. But saddened to hear they smothered it with horns. Fuck! Its Little T&A damn it!!

I like horns with the Stones... when they belong. Case in point: the horns on Exile are brilliant. I Got The Blues etc.. But sometimes on the current live tours the Stones ruin great raw rock songs by smothering them with horn arrangements. Remember when they put horns to Sympathy? That was dreadful.

thankfully I got to see the Wino's do Little T&A and rock it hard. But I am saddened that I will not get to see my favorite band perform one of my favorite rockers the way it should be done.

I've listened to that tune off the 81 boots about a zillion times and have been forever pleading to hear Little T&A in the show. But if they're gonna Vegas horn it up I think I'd rather hear BTMR for the 50th time.

sometimes its better to remember things as they once were and let them lay rather than have them ruined in a new carnation. Like an old crush that you fantasized about but then saw her recently and she was fat and fugly and the image was forever ruined.
22nd September 2006 12:52 PM
throbby How about on Brown Sugar. First time I've seen him go all the down the catwalk to the b stage area to work the crowd.
22nd September 2006 12:56 PM
jb mick knew this was a bad crowd, anbd really tried hard to wake up the 42k in attendance-worst ever Boston crowd .
22nd September 2006 12:58 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
This song has been in my top wish list forever. Was really stoked when I saw the set list yesterday. But saddened to hear they smothered it with horns. Fuck! Its Little T&A damn it!!

I like horns with the Stones... when they belong. Case in point: the horns on Exile are brilliant. I Got The Blues etc.. But sometimes on the current live tours the Stones ruin great raw rock songs by smothering them with horn arrangements. Remember when they put horns to Sympathy? That was dreadful.

thankfully I got to see the Wino's do Little T&A and rock it hard. But I am saddened that I will not get to see my favorite band perform one of my favorite rockers the way it should be done.

I've listened to that tune off the 81 boots about a zillion times and have been forever pleading to hear Little T&A in the show. But if they're gonna Vegas horn it up I think I'd rather hear BTMR for the 50th time.

sometimes its better to remember things as they once were and let them lay rather than have them ruined in a new carnation. Like an old crush that you fantasized about but then saw her recently and she was fat and fugly and the image was forever ruined.

+1
Next step is Matt Clifford playing the riff of Start Me Up...
22nd September 2006 12:59 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed.....Mick's hair is 100% natural as is Ronnies. Charlie went bald early, but he looks the best!!! An impecable dresser!!!

Nothing says "rock star" like a 60 year old man with jet black hair.
22nd September 2006 12:59 PM
Dan
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

+1
Next step is Matt Clifford playing the riff of Start Me Up...

Matt Clifford would be a welcome addition to this lineup.
22nd September 2006 01:00 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Nothing says "rock star" like a 60 year old man with jet black hair.

Ronnie's hair is very good..Micks thin, but still very nice. keith , once the greatest hair , a sad case of male pattern/slick baldness...
22nd September 2006 01:05 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
This song has been in my top wish list forever. Was really stoked when I saw the set list yesterday. But saddened to hear they smothered it with horns. Fuck! Its Little T&A damn it!!

Horns overwhelmed Live With Me in the past but they've been more subdued of late. It's been kicking ass lately. I know Keith will read our posts & kill teh horns on this song. Or else switch to All About You.
22nd September 2006 01:06 PM
jb Keith has no input other than his setlist-Mick and Chuck control all-including tempo and covering for weakest link guitarists.................<>
22nd September 2006 01:07 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Ronnie's hair is very good..Micks thin, but still very nice. keith , once the greatest hair , a sad case of male pattern/slick baldness...

you are OBSESSED with hair.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn you have paid top $$ to a Private Investigator to get the real truth on the follicle info of the Band.

LOL.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)